Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 13, 2018 5:30 PM

Jul 2014
This thread is to discuss episodes seen together of Ping Pong The Animation.
Please do not discuss future episodes.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 15, 2018 4:04 PM

Jul 2014
Mar 15, 2018 5:08 PM
Jun 2016
Well, I personally don't find anything that appealing about it but it's not "bad" either, It's average to me i guess so far but i am curious where will it go and how the plot will develop. I actually agree that the beginning sequence was beyond weird though actually. xD I thought you'd like Wenge though? xD And yeah i kinda figured you'd either love Peco or Wenge but i was more in favor of wenge at the end because duh xD You liking smile is a surprise to me though. I think the art, Not the animation is really bad, Like everything is so poorly drawn like i am the one who drew it xD I have no qualms about the animation though. While it's a breath of fresh air, Half the episode was subtitled eventhough i was supposed to be watching the dub. xD I guess i might switch to the sub tomorrow.
Mar 15, 2018 5:39 PM

Jul 2014
Why would I like Wenge, though? I don't like every arrogant character, I thought we already discussed this, lol.
Yeah, I'm really liking Smile so far. He intrigues me quite a bit.
I barely even noticed the art once I latched on to a character. I tend to do that with shows.
But yeah, so far I'm pretty interested, but I'm not liking/loving it yet.
Did they have him speaking Chinese in the dub?
Mar 15, 2018 5:43 PM
Jun 2016
Well, He's arrogant and he is legit a really good player so his arrogance isn't unjustified you know? I mean he mobbed the floor with peco eventhough peco isn't that bad.
Well, That's interesting, I will be looking forward to see what comes of that later on. xD
Oh, That makes sense. But the art is really something to behold. xD I remember that one character's eyes were something to be scared of honestly. xD
Yup, He spoke Chinese in the dub. So half the episode was subtitled, if this keeps up, No point in watching the dub really. xD
Mar 16, 2018 3:22 PM

Jul 2014

Yeah, but I think you're misunderstanding the type that I like. For example, Light is arrogant as can be and he is just as smart as, if not smarter, than the world's smartest man. So, he's justified in his arrogance. But I don't like him. As a character in the story, I like him. But as an individual character, he's not one of my favorites. So, just because they're arrogant and are really good at what they do doesn't mean I'll like them. There are more things that factor in to that, especially when all I know about Wenge is that he's a great table tennis player from China and that he got kicked out of his club for something. Know what I mean? Just like Oikawa. I do like his character and his resolve and everything, but I don't have him on my list of favorites from the show. It's kind of complicated when it comes to these types. Just like Levi. I don't know, it's hard to explain.

Huh... props to them for keeping that in the dub, as well. I love it because as I menitoned, it's a breath of fresh air for the new transfer student to not be fluent in the language they're using, you know? But yeah, it's up to you. I'm sure either way would be similar. I doubt he'll be in every episode, though, so choose wisely lol.
BlameSaikiMar 16, 2018 3:29 PM
Mar 16, 2018 4:43 PM
Jun 2016
Well, I can't stand wise asses like the coach honestly. xD Well, Given that i have a thing or two in common with Smile in terms of not wanting to stand out at all, But for completely different reasons. I just can't stand people who think they know what's best for your life more than you do, Like fuck off buddy. xD And i mean, He did mob the floor with him in the end, So really, Learn your place people. xD
As for his childish emotions, I guess it can be seen that way but i honestly never thought of it that way. xD You always bring something i honestly would never notice at all. But yeah, I can see why it'd fit the psychological genre so well, I wonder where it will go though. If it's the usual MC overcomes his past and turns normal again story then it'll differently be rated lowly by me.
I guess so, But i thought you'd fawn all over him when he said he wanted to be the #1 in the world. Didn't that appeal to you? xD

I think that's because he doesn't want to humiliate them, Sorta of speak, Because he knows how good he is.

Yeah, I think i am starting to get a better grasp at the types you like with this anime. xD Even if it's still not entirely clear. I firmly believe you'd really like Peco though.

Yeaah, I have no qualms with any spoken language, It's just i mainly watch dubs to avoid reading subs, So that kinda beats the point. But gladly he wasn't featured in this episode. xD
Mar 22, 2018 6:42 PM

Jul 2014
Mar 22, 2018 7:36 PM
Jun 2016
Well, Wenge won technically so they could play again. And well, To him, It's not the important, Ping Pong is just something he kills time with so he sees no reason to ruin people's lives over it when he's not taking it seriously to begin with. That's his value and how he chose to live his life and i hate that everyone is telling him to do otherwise eventhough it's not what he wants. It kinda reminds me of my own family sort of speak. Peco was destroyed by wenge though, So i don't see that happening even if it makes sense. xD
Mar 22, 2018 7:40 PM
Jun 2016
Oh, And that episode really annoyed me in terms of female characters as usual. xD First, That girlfriend of that player who told him i like it when someone tries and loses instead of quitting or whatever, Like do you care about your impression of him more than what he wants to do? xD And then these girls when Smile was winning and they went like "that first year is kinda cute". I mean, Like how typical. This is like typical annoying female behavior 101. xD But i will stop myself here so that i'd not rant. xD
Mar 22, 2018 8:01 PM

Jul 2014
" That girlfriend of that player who told him i like it when someone tries and loses instead of quitting or whatever, Like do you care about your impression of him more than what he wants to do? "

I would never be with someone who quits without trying because he's gonna lose, and that's not because I'm a woman. So, I don't really understand what's so "typical of women" about this part. I just personally, as a human, hate when people quite before they even try.

And honestly, I hope there's some other tournament or something that happens later on because if this is it, then I have absolutely no idea where the hell this is going to go. I mean, they're almost done with the tournament already, lol.
Mar 22, 2018 8:08 PM
Jun 2016
People are allowed to get dejected or demotivated sometimes, I mean you can't expect people to be at 100% all the time, Specially if statistically speaking, There's no point to trying. You will get discouraged. It's a simple concept really. And as for the pother thing, It's part of wanting to have a "winner" or a "hardworker" as your partner and not a "loser" since that terminology is essential for women. I bet she broke up with him anyway since he lost. xD

Yeah, But like Japanese schools have two prefectural "is that even a word? xD" tournaments per year or so i think, SO we might see it happen again. Of course, At the rate the theme of this anime is going "I know because i have seen dozens of stories like it." I probably won't like it. See? That's what i mean. It's like confessing to a girl that's in a relationship with someone you know? xD It's pointless. xD But of course, Sometimes that's just negative attitude, But sometimes, It's just statistics and sometimes that person just needs a break for a bit, You know? Just recuperation.
010110001Mar 22, 2018 9:03 PM
Mar 22, 2018 9:04 PM
Jun 2016
Oh and there's something i forgot to mention, There's also the concept of "loyalty" which seems to be foreign to most women. Like you stick with the person you like through thick and thin and see and understand their reasoning and try to support them to the best of your ability. And that goes both ways, It's not limited to one gender or the other. But women seem to jump from one "winner" to another so easily and have no grasp on this concept like how these girls were like "that first year is kinda hot" when he started winning and then their impression disappeared to the bottom of the ocean afterwards. That's exactly why i don't "pick up" girls. I have no interest in women who treat me like i am a commodity and the instant i fuck up, I am out of the game. I actually don't see any reason why anyone would want that, it just creates pressure in your life and does you no good at all. All of that just to get laid? I mean how do guys scale things these days? xD Sorry, Miniature rant there, I got carried away. xD
Mar 22, 2018 10:47 PM

Jul 2014
I think you're really just downright generalizing women now. Just because the ones you've encountered are like that, doesn't mean all women are like that. Because in my experience, I've only seen women like that in anime. I've yet to come across one in real life that acts or thinks in the way you're describing about only wanting "winners." I've come across a few here and there who have one-night stands (which the guys agree to, so no one is getting hurt in the process), but the rest have been loyal to the core. I know so many older couples who have been together for so damn long now and have always been with one another. Even the people I've been hanging out with, the guy and girl have been dating for 6+ years, one of my friends has been dating his girl so several years now, and so on. And the girls are ridiculously loyal to their men. So, I think you're just generalizing women way too much with the women you've encountered. It's fine to say "there are a lot of women like that," but lately you've just been saying "typical women" or "that's what you get with women" or things like that.
I'm not trying to be mean or lecture you or anything, but it's a bit, I don't know the word for it. You're just going down a route where eventually you're just gonna harbor a hatred for women because of your generalization and you're gonna miss on some wonderful dating opportunities in the future. I'm just pointing this out to you so that that doesn't happen (I've seen it happen more than once, which is why I'm telling you) and you're able to settle down with a nice girl.
As for the other part, I understand getting discouraged. Trust me, I know that all too well. So if you're thinking "There's no point to trying" then why is the person even there in the first place? Why train and/or practice just to think that at the end? It just bothers me. If the person hasn't even taken a step towards something and they want to quit, then that's fine. But when someone's already done more than 80% of the work to get to where they are, what's the point of quitting before you even try? It's like you finishing your game and everything and then just quitting before you even submit anywhere. Or me finishing my novel and then quitting right before I go to get published. It bothers me. Why put in all that effort if you're just gonna quit it all because you got discouraged? You won't grow as a person that way.
I'm not trying to sound mean, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah, I know there's other tournaments. What I was saying was that I hope they show them later because we only have 8 episodes left and I don't want them to cram the story and rush anything, you know?
Mar 22, 2018 10:47 PM

Jul 2014
I didn't mean to sound b*tchy, I'm just stating my mind :P
Mar 22, 2018 10:51 PM
Jun 2016
It's fine, It's actually refreshing to have you speak your mind like that honestly, I don't mind it in the slightest.
Mar 22, 2018 10:59 PM
Jun 2016
Well, I know that already, But really, When you have seen nothing but crap from every single woman you ever met, You start hating women automatically and start to dismiss the entire idea of dating in general because you know how it'll end up in the end, I am not sure if you'd understand that. But imagine every man you ever met was like your ex, Give or take, How would YOU feel about it? And sure, Yeah, Other men have good women, But obviously not me. And it obviously probably will never happen. That's just how my brain is wired now, And i have 0 energy to extent on work, Let alone getting over a problem like that. Besides, that idea in itself "That i never had a woman that treated me right", Just insidiously plant the idea in my head that i am just not good enough for anyone, So unless someone can actually bare with my faults until i have the energy and the capacity to solve them, I don't think i will ever end up with anyone. And trust me, I know i am a complete bitch to handle sometimes but i really don't do it intentionally.

Huh, I never thought of it that way. xD See? This is why a discussion is important, Just express your views and i'll actually see them and admit i am wrong if i am actually wrong. But yeah, I kinda of get what you mean about someone quitting after doing 80-90 percent of the work, That'd be annoying to me as well.

Well, We'll see tomorrow what lies ahead i guess. ;)
Mar 22, 2018 11:05 PM

Jul 2014
"But imagine every man you ever met was like your ex, Give or take, How would YOU feel about it?"
Yeah, I guess I never did tell you about some of my exes, huh? Let's just say that the one who screwed me up emotionally is actually one of the best ones. To the point where we're still friends and still talk quite often. The other ones, with the exception of one, were all complete a**holes. Yet, I knew that if I allowed myself to categorize all men as the same and start hating them, that I would never be able to get into a relationship with an amazing one. I learn from my past, but I don't let it decide what my future will be like.
"And trust me, I know i am a complete bitch to handle sometimes but i really don't do it intentionally."
I literally said this to someone today, almost word for word omg xD

Yeah, see? That's exactly why that part didn't bother me because, I mean, he's in the freaking club, and you saw how some of the clubs trained, so wtf is the point of quitting when you've trained for exactly this moment, you know? Look at Hinata. He got discouraged every time he saw someone bigger than him on the court, but that didn't stop him from playing because he knew he had trained exactly for that type of thing.

Yuppers, we certainly shall!
Mar 22, 2018 11:13 PM
Jun 2016
Yeah, I know you still talk to your ex, I kinda of think i know he is from my days of annoying you on facebook but eh, I might be wrong. xD But yeah, I guess you are just better than me on that front, I can't do that anymore. I can't just get screwed over again, Again, Again and again. I literally have no one in my life period, So it hurts when that sole person you trust in life hurts you as well, You know?

Well, We already know that we can be twins-like sometimes. xD I guess that's why we keep bickering. xD

Yeah, I get it now. And again, You always bring up points of view that i'd never see, So please don't hesitate to speak up when your mind when we are in a disagreement alright? It's not the act that he gave up that i am commenting on, It's his girlfriend's attitude honestly.
Mar 22, 2018 11:42 PM
Jun 2016
Oh and it's not that i am letting it define me, It's just that a part of me has always been and always will be solitary, I just like to be quiet and to just contemplate, So if no one needs me and will keep hurting me or if no one would appreciate me and make me feel loved then to me at least, I don't need that part of my life and i'd be very content with just being alone. I am not forcing it on myself or anything like that. The desire to get loved by someone is just excessive at the current juncture of my life because of how unstable i am.
Mar 23, 2018 4:39 PM

Jul 2014
"So it hurts when that sole person you trust in life hurts you as well, You know?"
This is actually something Rhea struggles with in my story. There's a reason why she refuses to trust anybody no matter what.
But yeah, I definitely understand what you're talking about. Why do you think I've lost so many friends in the past? The "friends" I have right now, with the exception of 2 (and not including online friends such as yourself), are all just friends of someone else. I just tag along.

Yeah, I suppose that's true, lol.

Yep, I definitely get that, too. I'd rather be alone since that's how I've almost always been. But I guess I've willed myself to not let that affect me in the present day. I refuse to be held back by my past. It's definitely been ridiculously difficult, but now that I'm here, I'm proud of myself for overcoming so many different situations.

Anyway, on to my review.
Mar 23, 2018 5:44 PM
Jun 2016
Speaking of which, Where's the new chapter? xD
That's mean you know? xD But seriously speaking, Yeah, Whenever i get attached to someone, They just never do anything i want from them. Either that or they follow me like they are my lackeys and i freaking hate that. xd

Oh i see. Is your bf everything you hoped to have in a partner?

Actually, I started liking this show this episode, It's not a typical show that handles winning or losing in a black and white manner like in the first quote you mentioned and it actually portrays talented people correctly for once as in the second quote you mentioned as i have told you before, If you like yourself, Then you have nothing to prove. This is actually something that bothered me about the characterization of Gilgamesh, He just comes off as a snoty entitled brat instead of an actual king that has power, You know? And one of the thing that made me like this show a bit more is how it finally realized that it's smile's life and it's smile's decisions what he wants. As well as that the whole losers vs winners mentality is pretty destructive and nothing will be gained from it. And yup, Kaoi is pretty crazy. xD And all the four semi finalists were from there as well. And yeah, Now that you mention it, They are pretty similar, Except Ushijima is a lot more irritating. xD
Mar 23, 2018 6:47 PM

Jul 2014
I legit posted a new chapter a few hours ago xD

I didn't mean anything by that, I was just talking about the friends I have in the physical sense, lol.

Lol yeah, he is. I mean, he has his very obvious flaws, but I don't really care about them

Oh, yeah I definitely agree with your opinions about the episode. I don't know, it could just be that I haven't really been in the mood for anime lately, so that could be why I'm not "feeling" this show as much anymore, lol. Who knows xD
Mar 23, 2018 6:49 PM
Jun 2016
Ohhhhh, I guess i will get on reading it then. That was unexpected. xD

Don't worry, I was just kidding really.

Well then, I am glad you are happy.

Andrea, I have to ask this ... Are you on your period? xD
Mar 23, 2018 6:52 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah, I lol'd when you said that because I was like "holy sh*t but I just did" xD

Yeah, I know lol just wanted to clarify for my own peace of mind xD

Thank you

No? Why? lol.
Mar 23, 2018 6:54 PM
Jun 2016
I can totally read your mind. xD

Because you are too damn moody these days honestly. xD
Mar 23, 2018 6:59 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah, you wish, lmao.

How so? I just haven't really been in the mood for anime, that's it. I've told you this before, but I tend to get bored very easily, so I won't get out of this "funk" until I find a show that makes me go "YES" so I can watch more. The most recent time that happened was with Gurren Lagann. I was in a "funk," then I got super into that and then binged Boku no Hero and several other shows.
Mar 29, 2018 10:04 AM
Jun 2016
Just for the sake of appearances, I will write my thoughts on episode 5.

Apr 12, 2018 2:44 PM
Jun 2016
Okay, So this was seriously a HELL lot better than it has any right to be. First of all, This whole theme of heroes was still kinda annoying and cliche and peco's character still bugs me a bit, The whole portrayal of a "hero" is annoying but nonetheless, This is the first sport story that i see handle sports in a non-linear winner takes all fashion. The peco vs kazuma and the tsukimoto vs peco matches were so beyond sublime. The former, Kazuma is the personification of what people desire to be in sports, At the end of the day you will find yourself in a stalemate situation where you feel like the only thing that matters is winning, Kinda similar to what i described to you before about seeking money for the sake of it and seeking money for an actual goal, So when he realized otherwise and actually played to the best of his abilities against peco and actually enjoyed the match, He realized what was wrong with him, After all, And that's just me, This wasn't portrayed in the anime, A match between two athletes doesn't determine who's "better". It just determines that at their current chemistry and styles and ideologies and personalities and drive and alot of other factors, That'd be the result. And a lot of these factors are haphazard, Like even a match that's two days apart will have different results, Humans draw their power out of their respective views of the world, Not out of sheer "stats", That concept is kinda difficult to talk about as i haven't found a good example that portrays it well yet. So there's no need to be so uptight about everything and let's just enjoy competitiveness as it was meant to be. And that final match was also a perfect portrayal of that. When smile just jumped recklessly just to get that ball and then peco just returned it with ALL his might and then smile kept on going, THAT is how sports should be like in my opinion, Winning or losing doesn't matter, Stop having this destructive mentality and just enjoy things, Do your very best and enjoy things to the utmost degree and then have no regrets about it. That's just how i see it. if it's not for the whole annoying hero thing and how short and "random" the anime feels like, it'd be scored an 8/10 from me.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Umineko no Naku Koro ni

BlameSaiki - Mar 13, 2018

38 by 010110001 »»
Mar 23, 2018 6:57 PM

» Outlet (thread for current obsessions/rants/opinions)

BlameSaiki - Mar 13, 2018

1 by BlameSaiki »»
Mar 13, 2018 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.