Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 13, 2018 2:54 PM

Nov 2012
Let's talk about anime that didn't capitalize on its ecchi capabilities despite having plenty of opportunities to. I will mention 3:

Amagami SS, especially with Kaoru.

Saekano, because Megumi had less ecchi of her despite being the main girl. Also missed opportunities for nipples despite having bath scenes and nude moments.

Spice and Wolf, yes, admit it, if Holo wasn't hot and sexy af, you would like this show less. Her first scene she was nude.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 13, 2018 2:57 PM

Feb 2015
Isn't the issue usually the reverse?

Too much ecchi leading to lose in the original concepts and storytelling... Depending on the anime/manga though...
Mar 13, 2018 3:00 PM

Jul 2015
Ecchi scenes don't add anything outside the ecchi genre
At least for me
Mar 13, 2018 3:00 PM

Oct 2010
FMAB, we had so many cute girls and women: Winry, major Armstrong, Riza, Rose, the chinese girl (not the loli). It would have been a complete masterpiece.
Mar 13, 2018 3:02 PM

Jul 2017
@iPreferEcchi and @EcchiGodMamsterP might be able to help you with this

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Mar 13, 2018 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
I only had one thought when I looked at the title:

OT: I think the opposite. I feel like animes should downgrade on the ecchi. If Fairy Tail did that, then most of it's problems would go away (this is an example...please don't get into a meta argument with me....).
Mar 13, 2018 3:05 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Nyah_Chan said:

NO

tragedydesu said:

At least for me

good thing you added this or else i would have been triggered lol

anyway

uh...

EVERY anime that doesn't have much?

what else would i say?

sexual fanservice ALWAYS makes an anime better for me

Mar 13, 2018 3:06 PM

Jul 2013
+100000000000000000000 for Amagami. The series itself has a lot of fetish stuff, I wouldn't have minded more lewd things for that one.

If I have to mention one, that would be B-gata H-kei. The series is tagged as an ecchi, but, tbh, as much as I liked the show, I found the ecchi of the show pretty underwhelming (it didn't helped it was censored). Still a good series, may end reading the manga one day.

Apr 2017
Well, Holo goes without being nude in a lot of the light novels and in the entire 2nd season of the anime but the fan service is always great

Aug 2017
all anime needs to be more ecchi!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2018 3:07 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
assyrian said:
all anime needs to be more ecchi!!!!

now this right here

is what i like to call

a man of culture
Mar 13, 2018 3:07 PM

Aug 2016
Insert any anime that didn't have any nipples shown, had any kind of censorship (convenient camera angle blocking viewer perspective, steamy air, or whatever else), or had a male MC suddenly interrupting the females' alone time to the point in which that MC gets beaten up.
Mar 13, 2018 3:08 PM

Oct 2013
First to mind would be Absolute Duo. Actually I think its the only anime Ive watched were my only complaint of a series was there was too little ecchi
When main girl looks like this

you can never have too much ecchi honestly
Mar 13, 2018 3:09 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
anyway @SuperRed

when the fuck did you start caring about ecchi?
Mar 13, 2018 3:10 PM

Oct 2017
LOL Saekano. I mean i love Saekano how it is and I don't think ecchi should be added to it but I wouldn't mind some Megumi nips ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Mar 13, 2018 3:14 PM

Jul 2017
Konasuba is pretty much borderline ecchi, they might as well commit

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Mar 13, 2018 3:28 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Kubikiri Cycle and Taiho Shichau zo
More Ecchi in Mahoromatic would've been great as well.
I would've loved some quality sex scenes in Amagami ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 13, 2018 3:36 PM
Dec 2013
Mahou Sensei Negima should've been more ecchi, since, you know, the manga was an ecchi, but Xebec cut out all the ecchi scenes in the anime adaptation for some reason, and so we ended up with ridiculous scenes like Setsuna entering into a hot spring area completely clothed, while in the manga, she was completely naked, which makes more sense.

I also think Kore wa Zombie Desu ka should've shown the girls' nipples and have bare ass shots. But because it had neither of those things, it ended up being a pretty tame ecchi.

Also, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha should've been more ecchi. The first episode was ecchi as fuck, but in the episodes after, the ecchi completely disappears. A bit of a shame.
wildhoodMar 13, 2018 4:59 PM
Mar 13, 2018 3:42 PM

Nov 2012
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
anyway @SuperRed

Idk but I've had hots for certain anime characters since late elementary school.
Mar 13, 2018 4:02 PM

Oct 2015
But why can't every anime have ecchi in it? There is never enough of fanservice.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Mar 13, 2018 4:06 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
You know whats better than fanservice?
A anime/manga with great animation (does not apply to manga) and art. In my opinion, that is way better than fanservice. And no, @-Lofn-, it wouldn't be a good thing for every anime to have more ecchi or have ecchi in the first place, there has to be consideration for those who hate fanservice in general.
Mar 13, 2018 4:07 PM

Nov 2016
Shokugeki no Souma could allow itself a bit more,especially assservice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 13, 2018 4:12 PM

Oct 2015
DepravedMagi said:
A anime/manga with great animation (does not apply to manga) and art. In my opinion, that is way better than fanservice. And no, @-Lofn-, it wouldn't be a good thing for every anime to have more ecchi or have ecchi in the first place, there has to be consideration for those who hate fanservice in general.
Shhhh, there is never enough ecchi.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Mar 13, 2018 4:17 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
-Lofn- said:
DepravedMagi said:
Shhhh, there is never enough ecchi.

*ahem* no u
this may be an unpopular opinion, but I find anime girls who dress modestly like kougyoku from magi to be the most beautiful anime girls.
Mar 13, 2018 4:31 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
SuperRed said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
anyway @SuperRed

Idk but I've had hots for certain anime characters since late elementary school.

late elementary school?

more like

late as fuck

amirite? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i was looking at cartoon boobs at 5 and anime girls only at about 9, so around 5th grade... damn... when it comes to anime girls, maybe that is late elementary lol

Mar 13, 2018 4:35 PM

Jan 2018
More ecchi is always good in my book. However, there seems to always be a problem that lies within the MC. MC more often than not is portrayed as childish or dense to remain pure or relatable to virgin male viewers? *cough to love ru *cough

Next, Konosuba MC seemed like a hit or miss to me. Especially when
It had many missed opportunities and moments where it could have been better.

World god only knows could also show more fan service to give every girl an equal chance to be loved by fans. Kanon got more screen time just because she is an idol.

Mar 13, 2018 4:43 PM
Oct 2013
Ecchi loses all and any appeal if you have seen this Anime:

The motherfucking key animator of Akira went and made this "masterpiece", which is so baffling that it makes you question humanity.
This? This required this level of detail and fluidity?

IsterioMar 13, 2018 6:26 PM
Mar 13, 2018 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
i wouldnt mind a ecchi/hentai spin off of konosuba.

yeahhh saekano. ecchi tag, completely normal anime.
Mar 13, 2018 6:35 PM

Dec 2017
Teppuu hentai edition and Kenichi hentai edition
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Mar 13, 2018 6:36 PM

Feb 2010
Obviously anything with lolis, like Non Non Biyori, Ichigo Mashimaro or Mitsuboshi Colors.

I blame western SJWs and their moral faggotry for preventing those shows from having the fanservice they deserve.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 13, 2018 6:43 PM

Dec 2014
-Lofn- said:
But why can't every anime have ecchi in it? There is never enough of fanservice.

Because women are not sexual objects.
Mar 13, 2018 6:50 PM

May 2016
Probably Clannad After Story.

Maybe I'd at least react if somebody got their tits out.
Mar 13, 2018 6:55 PM

Aug 2013
Naruto Shippuden would have made for a pretty good ecchi tbh. Tsunade ,adult Ino and Hinata in bikinis would have been great.
Mar 13, 2018 7:00 PM

Nov 2008
NONE.

Why would you want to ruin a good series that way? Adding smut immediately detracts from any show.

Catalano said:
FMAB, we had so many cute girls and women

NO. F*CK THAT SHIT. FMAB is so loved because it AVOIDS being trashy with its characters and respects them instead.

Mar 13, 2018 7:03 PM

Mar 2016
fate ubw cuz miura clearly dint care
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 13, 2018 7:04 PM

May 2012
Chiibi said:
NONE.

Why would you want to ruin a good series that way? Adding smut immediately detracts from any show.

Catalano said:
FMAB, we had so many cute girls and women

NO. F*CK THAT SHIT. FMAB is so loved because it AVOIDS being trashy with its characters and respects them instead.

no. people love it because it is anime with middlebrow social commentary. and women reveal their bodies is not respectful? tf?
Mar 13, 2018 7:08 PM

Mar 2015
Isterio said:

The motherfucking key animator of Akira went and made this "masterpiece", which is so baffling that it makes you question humanity.

aren't he adapting his own woks tho? lOl

and they are stopping right before it's turning into hardcore?

slightly reminder that seitokai yakuindomo lack of visual fanservice is outstanding...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 13, 2018 7:12 PM

Nov 2008
PoeticJustice said:

no. people love it because it is anime with middlebrow social commentary

No, people love it because it's good. It appeals to everyone and is very inoffensive AND it has wonderful characters and writing.

and women reveal their bodies is not respectful? tf?

"Revealing clothing" is not the same as panty-shots, breast jiggling, and other shitty ecchi tactics.

I mean even women in Sailor Moon wear "revealing clothing". *rolls eyes*

Mar 13, 2018 7:15 PM

Jul 2013
Every anime ever needs more ecchi. This is what I would like to say but I wish fanservice/ecchi would just stay in ecchi shows. I personally am not super fond of it as I find it to just be pandering, but I do think a genre that has it is perfectly fine. I know that doesn't really relate to the thread that much but whatever :P
Mar 13, 2018 7:21 PM

Nov 2008
Calal-Chan said:
I wish fanservice/ecchi would just stay in ecchi shows.

I agree. It absolutely should. There's seriously no reason to put it where it feels out of place.

Mar 13, 2018 7:23 PM

May 2012
Chiibi said:
PoeticJustice said:

no. people love it because it is anime with middlebrow social commentary

No, people love it because it's good. It appeals to everyone and is very inoffensive AND it has wonderful characters and writing.

and women reveal their bodies is not respectful? tf?

"Revealing clothing" is not the same as panty-shots, breast jiggling, and other shitty ecchi tactics.

I mean even women in Sailor Moon wear "revealing clothing". *rolls eyes*

I was offended by scar. I hate that guy.

You haven't seen a woman's tits who jiggle? Never seen panty shots irl?
Mar 13, 2018 7:23 PM
Jun 2017
ecchi with reason or is there for comedic effect is perfectly fine
but ecchi just for the sake of ecchi is a no no in my book, sorry
btw, Holo was naked the first time because she's literally a wolf the concept of cloth don't work too well there
Mar 13, 2018 7:29 PM
Jun 2017
Deknijff said:
First to mind would be Absolute Duo. Actually I think its the only anime Ive watched were my only complaint of a series was there was too little ecchi
When main girl looks like this

that character design in and of itself is ecchi enough already
maybe it's just me having a problem with it, but anime, and game in general have painfully impractical character design
I know it's fiction, and some of them are for aesthetic reasoning and i'm ok with that. But sometime it's just a thorn in the side

Edit: to be fair tho, that one's not bad, it's ok, but some of the worse ones are seriouslly unbearable

Mar 13, 2018 7:32 PM

Nov 2008
PoeticJustice said:

People use the toilet IRL too but you don't see fans demanding to watch THAT, now do you?

Mar 13, 2018 7:37 PM

Oct 2017
Akame ga kill
Mondaiji tachi ga isekai
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
Mar 13, 2018 7:38 PM

Sep 2016
Isterio said:

Oh wow i didn't know i had this on PTW, i think i know what im going to do tonight. If this is regarded quality, why does it have a 6.98 score.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 13, 2018 7:48 PM

May 2012
Chiibi said:
PoeticJustice said:

People use the toilet IRL too but you don't see fans demanding to watch THAT, now do you?

there are some scat fetishists out there. and a lot of hte anime that have that their primary audience is men. Men are visual creatures, we respond to what we see. We are stimulated by how attractive a woman is. We love the feminine.
Mar 13, 2018 7:52 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Can't really perceive an interesting aspect of it being added into the plot of any series really. I'd probably think Darling in the Franxx would be more interesting if the ecchi wasn't so overt to lead itself into better positions then the gender specific roles. That's just me tho.

Nyah_Chan said:

Too much ecchi leading to lose in the original concepts and storytelling... Depending on the anime/manga though...

Agreed but I think ecchi can be added to the premise if it's smart ala the metaphors in Food Wars and the clothing plot line in Kill la Kill. If it's not intrinsically tied to a purpose then it's garbage especially if it's just there to be titillating.

Heard Shimoneta did this well too I just haven't watched it.
Mar 13, 2018 7:56 PM

Nov 2008
PoeticJustice said:
Chiibi said:

there are some scat fetishists out there. and a lot of hte anime that have that their primary audience is men. Men are visual creatures, we respond to what we see. We are stimulated by how attractive a woman is. We love the feminine.

Well, this might sound SHOCKING to you but straight women don't wanna see other womens' boobs or butts.

Mar 13, 2018 7:58 PM

Jul 2013
Okay, as long as that not the only thing it's relying on I wouldn't mind it. I like it if Ecchi series went big.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

24 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
28 seconds ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Today

20 by Oofmastre9000 »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

20 by AverageRiceFan »»
17 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 2 hours ago

3 by AverageRiceFan »»
21 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.