Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Post New Reply
#1
Mar 13, 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 9115
Let's talk about anime that didn't capitalize on its ecchi capabilities despite having plenty of opportunities to. I will mention 3:

Amagami SS, especially with Kaoru.

Saekano, because Megumi had less ecchi of her despite being the main girl. Also missed opportunities for nipples despite having bath scenes and nude moments.

Spice and Wolf, yes, admit it, if Holo wasn't hot and sexy af, you would like this show less. Her first scene she was nude.
 
#2
Mar 13, 2:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2014
Isn't the issue usually the reverse?

Too much ecchi leading to lose in the original concepts and storytelling... Depending on the anime/manga though...
Need OSTs in HQ? Message Me~ I'll Get em For You... The Only Cost is Your SOUL...
 
#3
Mar 13, 3:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5455
Ecchi scenes don't add anything outside the ecchi genre
At least for me
 
#4
Mar 13, 3:00 PM

Online
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1151
FMAB, we had so many cute girls and women: Winry, major Armstrong, Riza, Rose, the chinese girl (not the loli). It would have been a complete masterpiece.
"Even if there's a wide world and stories beyond the main focus, I don't think it's necessary
to end with the protagonist having been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro
 
#5
Mar 13, 3:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 551
@iPreferEcchi and @EcchiGodMamsterP might be able to help you with this




"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.




 
#6
Mar 13, 3:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 477
I only had one thought when I looked at the title:


OT: I think the opposite. I feel like animes should downgrade on the ecchi. If Fairy Tail did that, then most of it's problems would go away (this is an example...please don't get into a meta argument with me....).
 
#7
Mar 13, 3:05 PM
fanservice<3

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 9164
Nyah_Chan said:
Isn't the issue usually the reverse?


NO

tragedydesu said:

At least for me


good thing you added this or else i would have been triggered lol



anyway

uh...

EVERY anime that doesn't have much?

what else would i say?

sexual fanservice ALWAYS makes an anime better for me




 
#8
Mar 13, 3:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 13638
+100000000000000000000 for Amagami. The series itself has a lot of fetish stuff, I wouldn't have minded more lewd things for that one.

If I have to mention one, that would be B-gata H-kei. The series is tagged as an ecchi, but, tbh, as much as I liked the show, I found the ecchi of the show pretty underwhelming (it didn't helped it was censored). Still a good series, may end reading the manga one day.
 
#9
Mar 13, 3:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1732
Well, Holo goes without being nude in a lot of the light novels and in the entire 2nd season of the anime but the fan service is always great
 
Mar 13, 3:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1294
all anime needs to be more ecchi!!!!


 
Mar 13, 3:07 PM
fanservice<3

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 9164
assyrian said:
all anime needs to be more ecchi!!!!


now this right here






is what i like to call






a man of culture



 
Mar 13, 3:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 1853
Insert any anime that didn't have any nipples shown, had any kind of censorship (convenient camera angle blocking viewer perspective, steamy air, or whatever else), or had a male MC suddenly interrupting the females' alone time to the point in which that MC gets beaten up.
 
Mar 13, 3:08 PM
Nana Deviluke❤️

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 6518
First to mind would be Absolute Duo. Actually I think its the only anime Ive watched were my only complaint of a series was there was too little ecchi
When main girl looks like this

you can never have too much ecchi honestly
 
Mar 13, 3:09 PM
fanservice<3

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 9164
anyway @SuperRed

when the fuck did you start caring about ecchi?



 
Mar 13, 3:10 PM
Megumin❤️Expert

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 263
LOL Saekano. I mean i love Saekano how it is and I don't think ecchi should be added to it but I wouldn't mind some Megumi nips ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
 
Mar 13, 3:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 551
Konasuba is pretty much borderline ecchi, they might as well commit




"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.




 
Mar 13, 3:28 PM
Cure Kush

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 527
Kubikiri Cycle and Taiho Shichau zo
More Ecchi in Mahoromatic would've been great as well.
I would've loved some quality sex scenes in Amagami ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 
Mar 13, 3:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 4040
Mahou Sensei Negima should've been more ecchi, since, you know, the manga was an ecchi, but Xebec cut out all the ecchi scenes in the anime adaptation for some reason, and so we ended up with ridiculous scenes like Setsuna entering into a hot spring area completely clothed, while in the manga, she was completely naked, which makes more sense.

I also think Kore wa Zombie Desu ka should've shown the girls' nipples and have bare ass shots. But because it had neither of those things, it ended up being a pretty tame ecchi.

Also, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha should've been more ecchi. The first episode was ecchi as fuck, but in the episodes after, the ecchi completely disappears. A bit of a shame.
Modified by wildhood, Mar 13, 4:59 PM
 
Mar 13, 3:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 9115
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
anyway @SuperRed

when the fuck did you start caring about ecchi?


Idk but I've had hots for certain anime characters since late elementary school.
 
Mar 13, 4:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 4032
But why can't every anime have ecchi in it? There is never enough of fanservice.



Come love,
I'll shape you to be a fine man

 
Mar 13, 4:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1718
You know whats better than fanservice?
A anime/manga with great animation (does not apply to manga) and art. In my opinion, that is way better than fanservice. And no, @-Lofn-, it wouldn't be a good thing for every anime to have more ecchi or have ecchi in the first place, there has to be consideration for those who hate fanservice in general.
 
Mar 13, 4:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 9496
Shokugeki no Souma could allow itself a bit more,especially assservice.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

 
Mar 13, 4:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 4032
DepravedMagi said:
You know whats better than fanservice?
A anime/manga with great animation (does not apply to manga) and art. In my opinion, that is way better than fanservice. And no, @-Lofn-, it wouldn't be a good thing for every anime to have more ecchi or have ecchi in the first place, there has to be consideration for those who hate fanservice in general.
Shhhh, there is never enough ecchi.


Come love,
I'll shape you to be a fine man

 
Mar 13, 4:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1718
-Lofn- said:
DepravedMagi said:
You know whats better than fanservice?
A anime/manga with great animation (does not apply to manga) and art. In my opinion, that is way better than fanservice. And no, @-Lofn-, it wouldn't be a good thing for every anime to have more ecchi or have ecchi in the first place, there has to be consideration for those who hate fanservice in general.
Shhhh, there is never enough ecchi.

*ahem* no u
this may be an unpopular opinion, but I find anime girls who dress modestly like kougyoku from magi to be the most beautiful anime girls.
 
Mar 13, 4:31 PM
fanservice<3

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 9164
SuperRed said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
anyway @SuperRed

when the fuck did you start caring about ecchi?


Idk but I've had hots for certain anime characters since late elementary school.


late elementary school?

more like

late as fuck


amirite? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



i was looking at cartoon boobs at 5 and anime girls only at about 9, so around 5th grade... damn... when it comes to anime girls, maybe that is late elementary lol








 
Mar 13, 4:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 21224
More ecchi is always good in my book. However, there seems to always be a problem that lies within the MC. MC more often than not is portrayed as childish or dense to remain pure or relatable to virgin male viewers? *cough to love ru *cough

Next, Konosuba MC seemed like a hit or miss to me. Especially when
It had many missed opportunities and moments where it could have been better.

World god only knows could also show more fan service to give every girl an equal chance to be loved by fans. Kanon got more screen time just because she is an idol.

 
Mar 13, 4:43 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4257
Ecchi loses all and any appeal if you have seen this Anime:



The motherfucking key animator of Akira went and made this "masterpiece", which is so baffling that it makes you question humanity.
This? This required this level of detail and fluidity?

Modified by Isterio, Mar 13, 6:26 PM
 
Mar 13, 4:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 2357
i wouldnt mind a ecchi/hentai spin off of konosuba.

yeahhh saekano. ecchi tag, completely normal anime.
 
Mar 13, 6:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 1404
Teppuu hentai edition and Kenichi hentai edition
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
 
Mar 13, 6:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 29357
Obviously anything with lolis, like Non Non Biyori, Ichigo Mashimaro or Mitsuboshi Colors.

I blame western SJWs and their moral faggotry for preventing those shows from having the fanservice they deserve.


StephenCovey said:
Most of us don't listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply.


 
Mar 13, 6:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3
-Lofn- said:
But why can't every anime have ecchi in it? There is never enough of fanservice.

Because women are not sexual objects.
 
Mar 13, 6:50 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 417
Probably Clannad After Story.

Maybe I'd at least react if somebody got their tits out.
 
Mar 13, 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14153
Naruto Shippuden would have made for a pretty good ecchi tbh. Tsunade ,adult Ino and Hinata in bikinis would have been great.
 
Mar 13, 7:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 5707
NONE.

Why would you want to ruin a good series that way? Adding smut immediately detracts from any show.


Catalano said:
FMAB, we had so many cute girls and women


NO. F*CK THAT SHIT. FMAB is so loved because it AVOIDS being trashy with its characters and respects them instead.



 
Mar 13, 7:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1132
fate ubw cuz miura clearly dint care
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
 
Mar 13, 7:04 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 7645
Chiibi said:
NONE.

Why would you want to ruin a good series that way? Adding smut immediately detracts from any show.


Catalano said:
FMAB, we had so many cute girls and women


NO. F*CK THAT SHIT. FMAB is so loved because it AVOIDS being trashy with its characters and respects them instead.


no. people love it because it is anime with middlebrow social commentary. and women reveal their bodies is not respectful? tf?
 
Mar 13, 7:08 PM

Online
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 27173
Isterio said:
Ecchi loses all and any appeal if you have seen this Anime:



The motherfucking key animator of Akira went and made this "masterpiece", which is so baffling that it makes you question humanity.
This? This required this level of detail and fluidity?



aren't he adapting his own woks tho? lOl

and they are stopping right before it's turning into hardcore?

________________________________

slightly reminder that seitokai yakuindomo lack of visual fanservice is outstanding...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Mar 13, 7:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 5707
PoeticJustice said:

no. people love it because it is anime with middlebrow social commentary

No, people love it because it's good. It appeals to everyone and is very inoffensive AND it has wonderful characters and writing.

and women reveal their bodies is not respectful? tf?


"Revealing clothing" is not the same as panty-shots, breast jiggling, and other shitty ecchi tactics.

I mean even women in Sailor Moon wear "revealing clothing". *rolls eyes*



 
Mar 13, 7:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 958
Every anime ever needs more ecchi. This is what I would like to say but I wish fanservice/ecchi would just stay in ecchi shows. I personally am not super fond of it as I find it to just be pandering, but I do think a genre that has it is perfectly fine. I know that doesn't really relate to the thread that much but whatever :P
 
Mar 13, 7:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 5707
Calal-Chan said:
I wish fanservice/ecchi would just stay in ecchi shows.


I agree. It absolutely should. There's seriously no reason to put it where it feels out of place.



 
Mar 13, 7:23 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 7645
Chiibi said:
PoeticJustice said:

no. people love it because it is anime with middlebrow social commentary

No, people love it because it's good. It appeals to everyone and is very inoffensive AND it has wonderful characters and writing.

and women reveal their bodies is not respectful? tf?


"Revealing clothing" is not the same as panty-shots, breast jiggling, and other shitty ecchi tactics.

I mean even women in Sailor Moon wear "revealing clothing". *rolls eyes*


I was offended by scar. I hate that guy.

You haven't seen a woman's tits who jiggle? Never seen panty shots irl?
 
Mar 13, 7:23 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 667
ecchi with reason or is there for comedic effect is perfectly fine
but ecchi just for the sake of ecchi is a no no in my book, sorry
btw, Holo was naked the first time because she's literally a wolf the concept of cloth don't work too well there
 
Mar 13, 7:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 667
Deknijff said:
First to mind would be Absolute Duo. Actually I think its the only anime Ive watched were my only complaint of a series was there was too little ecchi
When main girl looks like this



that character design in and of itself is ecchi enough already
maybe it's just me having a problem with it, but anime, and game in general have painfully impractical character design
I know it's fiction, and some of them are for aesthetic reasoning and i'm ok with that. But sometime it's just a thorn in the side

Edit: to be fair tho, that one's not bad, it's ok, but some of the worse ones are seriouslly unbearable


 
Mar 13, 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 5707
PoeticJustice said:


You haven't seen a woman's tits who jiggle? Never seen panty shots irl?


People use the toilet IRL too but you don't see fans demanding to watch THAT, now do you?



 
Mar 13, 7:37 PM
Lala Deviluke❤️

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 3557
Akame ga kill
Mondaiji tachi ga isekai
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
 
Mar 13, 7:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 569
Isterio said:
Ecchi loses all and any appeal if you have seen this Anime:



The motherfucking key animator of Akira went and made this "masterpiece", which is so baffling that it makes you question humanity.
This? This required this level of detail and fluidity?

Oh wow i didn't know i had this on PTW, i think i know what im going to do tonight. If this is regarded quality, why does it have a 6.98 score.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
 
Mar 13, 7:48 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 7645
Chiibi said:
PoeticJustice said:


You haven't seen a woman's tits who jiggle? Never seen panty shots irl?


People use the toilet IRL too but you don't see fans demanding to watch THAT, now do you?


there are some scat fetishists out there. and a lot of hte anime that have that their primary audience is men. Men are visual creatures, we respond to what we see. We are stimulated by how attractive a woman is. We love the feminine.
 
Mar 13, 7:52 PM
</overrated>

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 4209
Can't really perceive an interesting aspect of it being added into the plot of any series really. I'd probably think Darling in the Franxx would be more interesting if the ecchi wasn't so overt to lead itself into better positions then the gender specific roles. That's just me tho.

Nyah_Chan said:
Isn't the issue usually the reverse?

Too much ecchi leading to lose in the original concepts and storytelling... Depending on the anime/manga though...


Agreed but I think ecchi can be added to the premise if it's smart ala the metaphors in Food Wars and the clothing plot line in Kill la Kill. If it's not intrinsically tied to a purpose then it's garbage especially if it's just there to be titillating.

Heard Shimoneta did this well too I just haven't watched it.
 
Mar 13, 7:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 5707
PoeticJustice said:
Chiibi said:


People use the toilet IRL too but you don't see fans demanding to watch THAT, now do you?


there are some scat fetishists out there. and a lot of hte anime that have that their primary audience is men. Men are visual creatures, we respond to what we see. We are stimulated by how attractive a woman is. We love the feminine.


Well, this might sound SHOCKING to you but straight women don't wanna see other womens' boobs or butts.



 
Mar 13, 7:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 576
Okay, as long as that not the only thing it's relying on I wouldn't mind it. I like it if Ecchi series went big.
A hero work is always done, But however a great hero comes great consequences.
 
Top
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »