Forum Settings
Forums

Do you mostly watch seasonal, finished anime or both? Why?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Seasonal, Finished or Both?

Mar 13, 12:50 PM

I personally prefer watching anime after it's aired or at the very least wait till almost all of the episodes are out because I don't like to wait to watch episodes for anime that I could potentially want to binge.

Mar 13, 1:04 PM

I prefer to watch seasonal anime. There's just something about waiting each week for a new episode to come out that "catches"/"hook" me, et cetera.

Of course, I tend to watch finished anime from time to time as well. Especially older anime series/shows, so...
~ RedKitten13

Mar 13, 1:05 PM

I only watch finished anime, I can't imagine waiting for one episode for a week. I can't even take a 2 days break between episodes whenever I watch a series because I would forget some things

Mar 13, 1:06 PM

Doesn't really matter

Even when I watch seasonally, I still fall behind on many shows so it ends up being considered "Finished" by the time I get around to watching them :P

Like right now, I have 12 seasonals that I'm watching, and I'm only caught up to the latest episode in 6 of them
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Mar 13, 1:24 PM

I always watch both but I prefer watching finished shows. I usually keep it to less than around 5 seasonals because any more than that and I start to lose track of what happened in which show while I'm waiting for the next one.

Mar 13, 1:27 PM

I prefer finished, I tried watching weekly this season but it just doesn't work for me. Weekly breaks between episodes are so fucking annoying.

Mar 13, 1:59 PM

Both. Why? I dunno, I just want to watch some Chinese cartoons.

Mar 13, 2:42 PM

Both.

I like watching the new stuff, but there is still other stuff I wanna watch.

Mar 13, 2:47 PM
Because I got into anime late (summer 2017), I've been catching up on some old animes but I'm also trying to keep up with the animes airing this season. I've watched some great ones so far, but I'm mostly excited for Spring 2018 (BnHA S3, Steins;Gate 0, and Persona 5: The Animation) and Summer 2018 (AoT S3) :D

Mar 13, 2:47 PM

I watch both, but I do go with finished series more.

Mar 13, 2:48 PM

Both.

Just watch whatever I feel like watching.

No preferences unless it's known that it's going to be 50+ episodes while it's airing....then I would prefer watching it after it's finished

Mar 13, 2:49 PM

As someone who only fairly recently started watching significant amounts of anime, I can easily find lots of finished anime and enjoy the ability to binge or watch at my convenience, never having to wait a week for the next episode. So far I've watched one seasonal that was incomplete at the time I started viewing, and may do so again, but unless some new seasonal particularly catches my interest I'm far more likely to choose from my PTW backlog.

Mar 13, 2:49 PM

Finished. I hate waiting for the next episode and I usually dislike starting new series so... that should answer your question.

Mar 13, 2:55 PM

I only watch series that have finished airing... I hate the wait and I'm also a slow watcher... I watch only 1-2 anime at a time, about 3-6 episodes a day... I don't like to get jumbled with multiple series...

I also I'm a spoiler hunter so after it airs I know all the spoilers...
Need OSTs in HQ? Message Me~ I'll Get em For You... The Only Cost is Your SOUL...

Mar 13, 2:57 PM

Defo finished animes, why would I torture myself for a week (not even guaranteed) for the next ep, sux tho cause I can’t join in the discussions about the seasonal animes

Credit to Aster-

Mar 13, 5:13 PM

i watch finished shows, i cant stand to wait 1ep a week,. i wait for seasonals to end to pick some.

Mar 13, 5:20 PM

This era of instant gratification has ruined me. I can't stand waiting a week between episodes.

I'll make exceptions, though. For instance Persona 5 is one of my favorite games and I'll follow the anime as it airs because I already know what happens.

Mar 13, 5:22 PM

I learn it the hard way after picking up anime back after some time and watched currently airing re:zero during that time. It was a lesson I can't forget to this day. MC managed to hit my insecurity spot leaving me desperately trying to get it over with.

Mar 13, 5:32 PM

Mostly seasonal. The reason is generally I've watched all the finished ones that I want to watch, if I come across any finished ones that I like I'll check it but generally its just seasonal for me.
I live to make the impossible, possible. - Lightning, FF13

Kindness without strength will make others devour you. Strength without kindness will make you devour yourself. - nightcore34.

Mar 13, 5:35 PM

Mix of both because why not?

Although I would prefer to finish a series fast if I really like it so seasonal anime might not be so good for that.

Mar 13, 5:39 PM

Both. Seasonal because I like keeping up and don't like waiting and then I watched finished stuff I missed as well.

Currently watching:
Seasonal Shows: 7
Finished Shows: 1
Rewatching: 1
"When you've got the upper hand, don't lose it by giving a lecture"
-Shannon Casul (Scrapped Princess)

Mar 13, 5:40 PM

Both

I like to binge, but rarely have the time to, so I just watch whatever looks interesting to me in the moment that I'm looking for something to watch. If there's something cool in the seasonal lineup, I'll watch it, although I do tend to wait until 4 or 5 episodes are out so that I have some backup watch material if I do like it.

Mar 13, 5:41 PM

I prefer to watch already finished anime.

Reason is that this way, I can watch at my own pace. Don't have patience anymore to watch only one episode a week of each series.

Play Eternal, the best digital card game ever

Mar 13, 5:45 PM

most seasonal anime is trash that I will drop so I prefer to watch finished anime that I have an idea on how good it is

Mar 13, 5:46 PM

I usually do both; seasonal anime during the week day when I have school/work and I binge on finished animes during the weekend whenever I can.

Mar 13, 5:46 PM
All of the Stars

Both. I have way too much time on my hands to watch just one or the other.

i’m in love with you
and i know that love is just a shout into the void
and that oblivion is inevitable
and i am in love with you

...sorry

last.fm graph

Mar 13, 6:07 PM

I mostly watch anime's which are finished as i tend to forget things easily so binge watching them makes me remember most of the plot without forgetting any small details.

But i do also watch ongoing series too but only for those shows for which i have been waiting for a long time(like the recent overlord 2)

Mar 13, 6:13 PM

Finished mostly, but I've been watching a few seasonals these days.

I prefer finished, so I can binge them. The experience is just more fun. Though, with anime like Kino no Tabi 2017, Violet Evergarden, and Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2, I found/find it better to watch them weekly.

Because you made me believe you..I'm sure that the two of us will be always and forever
~Ai Subeki Sadist~

Mar 13, 6:20 PM

4years ago I watch seasonal airing anime, but I found my self hard to enjoy the entire show and mostly didn't fully get the tension. So I decided to watch finished anime by marathon. If there's some title of the seasonal that I want to watch, then I'll wait till it finish airing and go for it.

But for some short seasonal anime (3 or 5 min duration), I still watch it while airing.
~MugenDreamu~ Reach the Highest
Furios when I saw an excessive antagonist,
Tingle when I saw an ignorance,
Laugh when I saw a foolishness,
Amaze when I saw a beautiful scenery,
Drop a tears when I saw a great moment.
I love to watch, and while I'm watching I always put my self into the show, then I got all the emotion from it.

Mar 13, 6:21 PM

So far I've never watched seasonal stuff.

Closest I've come is following RWBY's early seasons as they came out.

Mar 13, 8:05 PM

Both

I usually prefer finished anime before but there were lots of good seasonal anime lately so i can't help but watch them and test my patience in waiting for new episodes to come.

Mar 13, 8:08 PM

Most of the time I Watch Anime While they air but I Still binge a show once in a While or watch some episodes when nothing I'm Interested In Is Airing.

I will tell you one Thing...
Good Things Happen
-Perona

Mar 13, 8:09 PM

Yes, I do both because of the reason.

StephenCovey said:
Most of us don't listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply.

Mar 13, 8:11 PM

It really depends on the season.

I'm watching like 10 seasonal anime this Winter because they fit my taste, I'm liking every single one of them so far (can't keep up with all of them though).

But in next season I'm probably only watching 2-4, and I'd watch more finished anime, because there aren't a lot of seasonal I'm interested in.

Mar 13, 11:13 PM

At this point? I prefer finished.

Firstly, I can watch at my own pace and not have to wait a week every episode.

Secondly, I want to wait until the whole darn adaptation (if that's what it is) has been completed. I am sick and tired of being left hanging because I'm not going to be willing to fork out the cash for the original source material of EVERY SINGLE ADAPTATION I want to finish. Oregairu and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai left me hanging and I'll be damned if I start Maid in Abyss just for it to remain an uncompleted adaptation. Yeah, I'm probably missing out if all the hype about Maid in Abyss is any way accurate but I'd rather not even get a taste if the end result is a half-empty stomach and a plate full of broken dreams and empty promises.

Mar 13, 11:18 PM

I usually wait for the season to complete before I watch it, I am a binge watcher.

Unless if Its a series I really like and am willing to wait for one episode per week, but thats for a minute amount of shows. Usually I just binge watch it when all the episodes have been released

Mar 13, 11:26 PM
Virtuosite

Other than DBS, I never watch seasonal.

"Nothing can stay unchanged."

Mar 13, 11:32 PM
Both, though I prefer to binge-watch. I just watch whatever catches my fancy and suits my mood.

Mar 13, 11:34 PM

I don't really prefer one over the other I just watch whatever I find interesting whether it's seasonal or finished.

Mar 13, 11:36 PM

Finished.

I don't like waiting every week for one episode I lose interest but unless I am already uninterested in that particular anime then that's one thing.

Mar 14, 12:12 AM

Watching seasonal anime feels kind of tedious for me, I always get behind as I progressively get too lazy to watch new episodes as they come out, and if I like an anime enough it's hard to binge-watch it
Come on Teletubby, teleport us to Mars !

Mar 14, 12:47 AM

It depends. If I REALLY want to watch the anime that is currently airing, I'd watch it immediately. While there are some that I prefer waiting for it to be finished.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!

Mar 14, 1:36 AM

Mostly finished. I watch an episode of seasonal animes I find interesting. If they have potential. I wait them to finish. Or if it's episodic, I watch it while it's airing.

Mar 14, 1:37 AM

Finished. I got into anime via DVD's/blu ray's and streaming wasn't really an option for a long time. I also prefer Dubs and don't like to watch a lot of different things at once. That and there's still a big back catalogue of things to watch for me that is quite large.

Mar 14, 1:39 AM
I prefer watching seasonal and occasionally watching completed ones but only when I have time to spare, especially school getting rather busy for me. Seasonal animes usually prevent me from going on any further and it appears I have little self-control over myself on completed series.
Heckle was here...

Mar 14, 1:47 AM

I mostly just watch everything that I think will be entertaining

which is pretty much everything, except I will not watch yaoi, never not even once.

Mar 14, 1:51 AM

Mostly seasonal, because I've already watched most of the finished anime I want to watch.

Mar 14, 1:51 AM

Finished anime. I enjoy marathons, and lack the patience to wait a week for one episode.

There are only three exceptions to the rule.

1. I have to watch it as it airs to avoid spoilers (ex: Game of Thrones)
2. A friend is pushing me to watch it as it airs, so that they can talk about it.
3. I am watching through the anime with a friend, in which case a marathon was never gonna happen anyways. No one I know has the discipline for it.

Mar 14, 1:58 AM

Both, though I tend to fall behind on seasonal anime.

Mar 14, 3:35 AM

I used to watch seasonals from 2012 to 2015. But after a total burnout with over 25 shows a season plus university, I now only go for things that have finished airing.

Thing is, that's how I started (minus Naruto). I went through so much finished stuff from 2007 to 2013. Didn't even know simulcasts were a thing until 2012.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »