Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 12, 2018 8:07 PM

Feb 2018
Hi, (i am pretty bad at starting a conversation lol)
So here is the thing for some reason my friends has been begging me to watch it, i mean yeah i liked sao and i was trying to find a similar anime for it
Is it worth it? (no freakin spoilers plz)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 12, 2018 8:11 PM

Dec 2012
It's good, but not particularly outstanding in any way.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Mar 12, 2018 8:17 PM

Jul 2017
Nah not really. I found it kinda bland.

You're better off watching A Place Further Than the Universe from this season.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Mar 12, 2018 10:30 PM

Jan 2018
n o p e , literally generic LN isekai anime.

but if you have nothing else to watch, go ahead

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

Mar 12, 2018 10:33 PM

Mar 2017
If you like isekai stories with op mc and harems go for it.

"𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾,
𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸
𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵
𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓮𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱."
𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽 | 𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓪 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽
Mar 13, 2018 1:40 AM
Sep 2015
well, it's not good. Just an isekie show. If you don't have anything else to watch, then watch if not, I would suggest you watch some other anime...
Mar 13, 2018 1:49 AM

Oct 2017
I watched only one episode of it and dropped it, since the mc gets transported to another world with an absurd reasoning..
Mar 13, 2018 2:03 AM

Aug 2017
If you want mc who doesn't last a hand on his Loli brigade and goes to brothel for venting go for it!
Mar 13, 2018 2:23 AM

Aug 2015
Why are you asking? It's not a 200> ep battle shounen, just watch a couple episodes and decide for yourself.
Mar 13, 2018 2:24 AM

Jul 2015
generic isekai/harem
if you like that genre then watch it
Mar 13, 2018 2:29 AM

Jan 2018
It's isekai dude. Go watch it now. Never say never to isekai.
Mar 13, 2018 2:35 AM

Aug 2014
Fans : "it's not your typical Isekai"
People : "It's mediocre at best or just not that good"
Me : "It's another typical Isekai where the MC get the bitch"
Mar 13, 2018 5:20 AM

Feb 2018
i found it pretty fun to watch
Am i weird ? :P
Mar 13, 2018 10:29 AM

Jan 2018
Taken_Name said:

"Good for you"- Selena Gomez. You are not weird, we all are.
Mar 13, 2018 10:31 AM

Jun 2017
It's decent , better than LOGH but not as good as Overlord.

Mar 13, 2018 10:34 AM

Jul 2017
iz okeh

For real, you can't really decide if a show is worth it or not based on others' opinions/the rating on mal. Watch a few eps if you like it, great continue otherwise congrats, you just wasted a part of your life watching "shit"
Mar 13, 2018 12:47 PM

Sep 2014
It might be generic, but it's at least better than most other show this season.
Mar 13, 2018 2:09 PM

Apr 2014
Moved from Anime Discussion
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Mar 15, 2018 6:11 PM

Mar 2009
Extremely bland isekai. I can't recommend it.
Mar 15, 2018 7:22 PM

Apr 2015
the mc is op but since death march is not action so don't expect something like overlord,more like isekai slice of life adventure,i'll say just try 3 episodes if you don't like it just drop it
Mar 16, 2018 5:27 AM

Sep 2007
If you already watched

Overlord
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo
Re:Zero
Log Horizon
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

bored and don't have anything else to watch, then...

Sure why not. It's not offensively bad, just a bit generic. MC has a harem of like 8 girls by episode 10 and that's definitely not the limit. At least his OP-ness was sort of explained in the very first episode.

[Edit] Also the animation is very limited compared to titles mentioned above. Aside from a few battle scenes, most of the episodes are just barely animated stills of characters. It's like even the producers thought "yeah, not gonna break the bank on that one". And the OP sucks IMO. ED is okay, though.
vanetzMar 16, 2018 5:33 AM
Mar 16, 2018 1:09 PM

Feb 2014
vanetz said:
If you already watched

Overlord
Log Horizon

Sure why not. It's not offensively bad, just a bit generic. MC has a harem of like 8 girls by episode 10 and that's definitely not the limit. At least his OP-ness was sort of explained in the very first episode.

[Edit] Also the animation is very limited compared to titles mentioned above. Aside from a few battle scenes, most of the episodes are just barely animated stills of characters. It's like even the producers thought "yeah, not gonna break the bank on that one". And the OP sucks IMO. ED is okay, though.

also don't forget smartphone isekai & zero kara hajimeru mahou no sho (ok this one has only 1 thing in common, arisa = zero in lacking common sense
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 16, 2018 1:40 PM
Oct 2017
yes !!! it is probably better than any other anime i have ever seen it is better than my favourite anime Two Car
Mar 16, 2018 4:45 PM

Feb 2018
Protoz said:
vanetz said:
If you already watched

Overlord
Log Horizon

also don't forget smartphone isekai & zero kara hajimeru mahou no sho (ok this one has only 1 thing in common, arisa = zero in lacking common sense
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i think i have watched every isekai anime out there lol,
... watched the first available 10 eps its not that bad but ... i wish they will explain how did he travel to that world and how can he get out .. i mean there is only 2 eps left ...
a second season i guess ?
Mar 17, 2018 5:00 AM

Aug 2014
Taken_Name said:
Protoz said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

... watched the first available 10 eps its not that bad but ... i wish they will explain how did he travel to that world and how can he get out .. i mean there is only 2 eps left ...

If things like this get 2nd season then some trash mediocre probably already announced their 3rd or 4th season.
The answer is no, It wont get 2nd season, its just average or some could argue its a trash in terms of quality but enjoyment wise that depends on each people.
Mar 17, 2018 9:24 AM
Jan 2016
Well it's good for me but after several episodes. My favourite is the latest eps. So calm, the backsound is good too. It's just my opinion
Mar 17, 2018 2:24 PM

Dec 2007
Mif_2124 said:
Well it's good for me but after several episodes. My favourite is the latest eps. So calm, the backsound is good too. It's just my opinion

on another hand, the latests episodes have been droping my interest in this anime as less and less things are happening since 2-3 episodes, while it was almost my aots before.

Mar 18, 2018 1:27 PM

Feb 2014
Taken_Name said:
Protoz said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

don't think so, but even if it does.. don't expect much. judging from how overlord & log horizon & re:zero end with more open questions than answers to the main plot, I don't think wrapping things up is the main point of isekai anime. It's more like a bait to lure people to self insert themself in that world and eventually create doujins to express their own wish "If I were the author, I'd do this and that..."
Mar 18, 2018 10:07 PM

Nov 2015
If you watched Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni and you liked it, then you will enjoy this. It is very mediocre. It does show a game screen and you can see him acquire new abilities. Harem isekai without much drama sums it up. One of the blandest MC's and that is saying a lot.
Mar 18, 2018 10:26 PM

Apr 2015
I read the synopsis and found it even insulting. So, prolly not.
Mar 22, 2018 2:33 PM
Oct 2016
It's ZzzZzzZzzZzZZ 3/10
Mar 29, 2018 3:24 AM

Apr 2016
Potentially, especially when the MC manages to be a borderline godsend compared to most LN and Isekai protagonists that are overpowered such as Tstsuya from Mahouka, Tooya from Isekai wa Smartphone, etc. It may be rather perfunctory in places, but that's borderline miraculous when compared to the likes of Re:Zero and SAO, and god forbid Isekai wa Smartphone, which is a giant middle finger to the art of creativity and entertainment, and the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of LN adaptations, harems, and Isekai alike.

Plus, the MC doesn't actually have a harem, though he comes close given that out of the entire posse of girls, 2 love him unambiguously and 2 are ambiguous. Thankfully it means they avoid some of the more eye-rolling cliches such as accidental pervert beatsown, though the show can't always resist the temptations...
Mar 29, 2018 9:29 AM

Dec 2008
Taken_Name said:
So here is the thing for some reason my friends has been begging me to watch it, i mean yeah i liked sao and i was trying to find a similar anime for it

This is not like SAO, its a slow paced anime with barely any fights...

If you want to compare this anime to something else, it would be close to Aria The Animation or The snorefest, ops, I meant Hai to Gensou no Grimgar or even Isekai Shokudou.

Its refreshing and slow paced.

If you're looking for something like SAO, then you could try, RE:Zero, Log Horizon, No Game No Life, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?, Accel World, .Hack and list goes on...
Mar 29, 2018 9:30 AM

Feb 2017
I think it's pretty good i will please the mmorpg fans it takes a more slice of life approach than action and stuff but it still has some action in it.
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Mar 29, 2018 10:50 AM

Jan 2013
started off ok...then stopped caring after a few episodes. all it felt like its doing this entire season is finding ways to introduce more girls to join his loli party/harem.
Mar 29, 2018 11:49 AM
Nov 2012
Yes. It very much is. It's quality is about 7, but the enjoyment factor is a high 10
Mar 29, 2018 2:23 PM
Sep 2014
I'd start by saying don't even give a fuck about people who watch every epiosde then rate the show 1 and say that it was a waste of time. This one is exactly what it is from the first episode to the last. So there is no need to watch the rest if you don't like the first and the second episodes. The most important thing i believe, is that its budget is really low. You can tell from the animations but that doesn't bother me since this is more of an exploration isekai rather than an action one so it's pointless to compare to bigshots like Overlord, LogH, SAO, Re:Zero. If you like slow paced anime full of lolis go for it. Personally, one thing i can say that i didn't like was the MC voice actor. The rest is enough to enjoy the show.
Mar 29, 2018 2:34 PM

Apr 2014
I wrote a review on it, but basically the conclusion I came to was:

"I'd only recommend this series if you're super into issekai anime and you've exhausted all of the other options. Otherwise – dive into Log Horizon or Overlord before touching this series."
Anime Blogger: www.sparklyanime.com
Mar 29, 2018 2:38 PM
Oct 2016
It's better than Smartphone.
Mar 29, 2018 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
watched many isekais before. I'll even say it's one of my favourite genre. But this anime though was pretty much garbage. The MC obtains a new skill whenever its convernient and has absolutely no purpose in the anime.

Although for the manga, it's not as bad as the anime.
Mar 29, 2018 2:40 PM

Mar 2018
It is very poor, both in terms of plot, and character development. A meteor could have killed his entire crew, and I would feel bad that they were with him in the first place. Do not watch, it is an absolute waste of your fucking time.
The Soviet Union will revive #communism
Mar 29, 2018 5:15 PM
Oct 2017
In my opinion this anime looks like some kind of introduction. It miss to many things to make it "good".

It feels just like a promotion material for the original work.

So, I would be surprised if it gets a second season. It doesn't worth the time.
Mar 29, 2018 5:26 PM

Sep 2011
It's generic isekai but worse. You might get *something* out of this if isekai is your thing, but if you are looking for something cohesive or something with a point to it all you are better off looking elsewhere. As other commenters have stated you can watch one or two episodes and determine what you think from there. Absolutely nothing changes between episodes, and there is no point to anything.

As a personal recommendation I suggest avoiding this if you have any other series you want to watch first. This is one of those series that you watch when you have absolutely nothing else you want to watch or are in the mood for mindless nothingness to pass the time.
Mar 29, 2018 5:37 PM

Dec 2014
it is very generic.... and there is no sense of danger... just drama while watching it
Apr 1, 2018 5:32 AM
Feb 2018
I would say that this is really good and you should watch first five episodes. This gets a bad rating because people think that it is shonen like next SAO, watch first few episodes and then complain that its bad SAO clone without getting even genre right.

There is a noticable drop in quality after episode five as the plot was extremely rushed cutting all character development, the main character motivations and selecting random scenes.(after ep 5
a camping trip and second Zen episode are only good)

After seeing first arc (first five episodes) if you like it you should read web novel which is a lot better. Watching episodes after that would be like watching recap movies without original and you would be confused as anime doesn't explain a thing.

And to answer the reason why Satou was summoned it is the main plot and isn't fully answered even in book 16. There are hints in the novel, most revealing would be temple ruin scene but anime skipped conversation there.
Apr 10, 2018 7:59 AM

Nov 2009
Taken_Name said:

Basically, it's a slice-of-life isekai. If you like isekai stories like Isekai Smartphone, and stories about cute little girls like Ichigo Mashimaro, it's going to be good.
Just don't expect fast pacing or dramatic tension. It's a slice-of-life.

Taken_Name said:

No, over 3000 MAL users found the anime 10/10, with the most popular score being 7/10, which corresponds to "pretty fun to watch" reasonably well.
Some edgy teenagers just have too much time on their hands to bitch about isekai anime (and anything that isn't edgy suffering-fest in general).
Apr 19, 2018 9:23 PM

Jan 2012
Yes. This show is totally worth it. It's fun and entertaining.

It's just a bit frustrating as the only option right now is HorribleSubs / official and the typesetting is really inadequate.
I hope some fansub group will pick this up and typeset it properly for the BDs.
May 9, 2018 7:40 PM
Mar 2015
The book is good. 10/10 would read again.

The anime is not. 5/10, boring.
May 14, 2018 8:25 PM
May 2018
the anime is not very good. the light novel is one of the best i´ve ever read.
May 18, 2018 4:38 AM
Nov 2017
Actually it's not that interesting, my expectations for it was great but in the end it turns out to be a downer. The art and animation is kinda meeehhh, i don't know if they had a low budget or something but come on! To start off a new year like this? I suggest watching other isekai animes like for example Kono Subarashii or Isekai wa Smartphone.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2018

146 by RamonDehon »»
Mar 16, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

122 by lostinursheets »»
Mar 13, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

144 by Forum »»
Feb 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2018

269 by KinjiKido »»
Jan 28, 3:09 AM

» Isekai Animes are going to start needing Bechdel Tests

Talamare - Nov 8, 2023

14 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 26, 12:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.