Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mar 12, 7:22 PM
I have seen some conversations about how code geass is full of Deux Ex and plot holes, bad writing and such. Can someone explain this dislike towards it. What were some examples of bad writing and Deux Ex?

Mar 12, 7:28 PM

The beginning of Code Geass R2 was boring.

Also the Ragnarok Connection/C's World was poorly explained
I wonder how many people know how to use google and not just ask a question which has been answered thousands of times already in the past.

Mar 12, 7:29 PM

When your logic is so smol-minded it doesn't even matter anymore.

WHy do people hate ANY anime for that matter.
I'm a shitposter for fun

Mar 12, 7:31 PM

a lot of people compare it too much with Death Note

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Mar 12, 7:32 PM

ZionPulse said:

WHy do people hate ANY anime for that matter.

because they may have liked the anime at some point before it took a hard right to shit town
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher

Mar 13, 2:32 AM

There was no one that is an L to Lelouch. Everyone acted inferior to Lelouch no matter what.

"I always had a repulsive need to be
something more than human.
I felt very puny as a human. I thought,
'Fuck that. I want to be a superhuman"
-Kira Yoshikage

Mar 13, 3:23 AM

Didn't dislike it but the fast pacing had me confused quite frequently. There are times when I didn't understand the story so I was left blank until I looked up the episode plot summary online. I got a feeling this is just me though, I haven't seen other people with this issue as well.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List

Mar 13, 3:42 AM

I think it's great despite its fair share of ridiculous moments.

That scene where they play chess with their ships though... got to be the stupidest thing I've seen so far haha 😂😂😂

This Signature is gonna be removed soon anyway so...Why?

Mar 13, 4:10 AM

Because it's one of the most popular and highly rated

People hate what they wanna hate, the number of haters usually commensurate with popularity so you get the idea.

Mar 13, 4:13 AM
It became boring at some point but nevertheless I completed the whole show and it was an amazing ride.

Mar 13, 4:17 AM
Every popular series has a fare share of haters or dislikers nevertheless it's still a great anime

Mar 13, 4:17 AM
Lala Deviluke❤️

Just enjoy the show you like... Don't care about what people say, since there will always be haters for every show...

Mar 13, 4:22 AM
Nana Deviluke❤️

there is a 48 minute video on YT if you're interested in one person's opinion

Mar 13, 4:25 AM

I can't say I disliked it for the story or any plot holes, since I didn't finish it. I just really disliked the art style.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

총알 구멍
HEAD FULL OF SPIDERS

Mar 13, 4:48 AM

First season is entertaining and decent despite some minor issues.

But season 2 is just an epic disaster. As many people say, probably the dumbest show to ever take itself very seriously.

Mar 13, 5:03 AM

because its trash that only casuals like

Mar 13, 5:23 AM

its popular and all popular animes get hate

but at the end of the day its just peoples opinions everyone has them

Mar 13, 6:01 AM

As someone who really enjoyed Code Geass R1, I thought R2 dropped the ball in a lot of ways. It tries to do too much and fails to live up to a lot of the goals of the premise. Here are a few of my problems with it:

- The Ragnarok Connection and Geass origins come to mind as the major plot points that weren't really well implemented or resolved. Charles' (Human Instrumentality) project comes out of nowhere and ends up being a really anti-climactic resolution for the main villain. Lelouch shoots up the plot of the Geass research facility, before it gets any explanation, because his side-bitch died.

- It gets quite ridiculous with how easily everyone switches sides (Rolo is the worst for this) and/or becomes a high-school student for shits & giggles.

- Too much time is wasted on these school antics (Episodes where Lelouch goes on 50 dates and is assaulted by his instant-harem & the giant pizza repeat)

- The Chinese arc isn't really relevant other than providing Xingke for the Black Knights.

The ending is great though and well worth the ride. I just think there was a lot of squandered potential for the series to be more comprehensively satisfying.

Mar 13, 6:05 AM

Because of over high expectations. Personally, I like Code Geass because I lowered my expectations on this anime. Don't like mecha anime much but the story got me hooked.

Mar 13, 6:10 AM

Probably because it's very inconsistent and a lot of ideas didn't get the screentime they should have to develop and resolve them properly, especially in R2, while keeping the school subplot that could have been dropped halfway through

Personally I love Code Geass wholeheartedly and a lot of issues I recognise didn't bother me, or rather don't outweigh all the briliant and cool stuff. But I can understand where people who dislike it come from. It's not a perfect series, which is a bit of a shame, but I still adore it.

Mar 13, 6:12 AM

I'm going to post according to MAL suggestion system.

If you like strategy games, then you may like code geass. Then again, smart people would be offended by the flaws.

Mar 13, 2:49 PM

Why do people dislike stuff? Because. they. fucking. can.

Mar 13, 3:29 PM
Deknijff said:
there is a 48 minute video on YT if you're interested in one person's opinion

this guy's videos are pretty trash, he wastes the majority of the video explaining plot points. not really an "analysis" or really even an explanation

i haven't seen code geass so i have no opinion on it

Mar 13, 3:47 PM

I've never watched Code Geass, and I never will, because I absolutely hate the art style.

Mar 13, 3:50 PM

I don't like characters who are insane. Also don't like mechs and stuff.

Mar 13, 6:49 PM
Same problem as berserk; if you don't like horror-and-gore, or in this case melodrama-and-memes, the show is not for you, yet people recommend the show with no caveats like it's a flat inoffensive series like one piece.
Modified by proviso, Mar 13, 7:45 PM

Mar 13, 7:15 PM

Fakegoose said:
a lot of people compare it too much with Death Note

This.

I think that Death Note is the better show. But, Lelouch is the better protagonist.

Mar 13, 7:18 PM
Honestly, there are not many CG haters as i've seen. From the mainstream ones it has quite favourable views unlike SAO, Death Note, Naruto, etc.

Mar 13, 7:36 PM

I only hate R2. I thought R1 was solid.

And I hate R2 because it started doing these....stupid random things....it just felt like they were making it up as they went along. :/ Very nonsenical....

Mar 13, 7:56 PM

well, speaking from personal experience for a second:

it kinda got me into anime, then I kinda became a ThatAnimeSnob-grade asshat midway through so I was a tad busy yelling at clouds that it was the most biggest worstestest crappy thing ever an it indeed is kinda bad when you dissect it analytically BUT

it's entertaining man

like it's that dumb as shit gundam AU with sparkly eyes and whack 3D chess, of course you'd hate it if you compared it to LoGH or whatever, but if you take it as it is, it's your mecha fast-food of the day, won't hurt you as long as you eat healthy mecha food the rest of the time

plus code geass and TTGL introduced me to the mecha genre, so thanks, I guess, were're cool now lelouch, no hard feelings

Blood tastes like iron

Mar 14, 4:08 PM

proviso said:
Same problem as berserk; if you don't like horror-and-gore, or in this case melodrama-and-memes, the show is not for you, yet people recommend the show with no caveats like it's a flat inoffensive series like one piece.

I dont like melodrama or memes and I like Code Geass

Mar 14, 5:06 PM

Cause these are the same people who are snobs about it. Shinzaki san manga had the perfect frame that explained this shit.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564

Mar 16, 7:28 AM
It's has a good story line but the art and character names are literally horrible.

Mar 16, 8:57 AM

?? It has a 8.79 score on MAL, so...... what makes you think it's disliked? Just because 5-6 people dislike it, doesn't mean that it's the same for other 600,000+ users...

Mar 17, 12:41 PM
IdleSolution said:
proviso said:

I dont like melodrama or memes and I like Code Geass

Yeah probably an exageration, I was speaking "colourfuly". But it definitely has a lot of melodrama and a lot of stuff that seems like meme-celebration-swarm-bait.
-But it is a good show in most respects so the proper way to say that is that if you don't have a strong tolerance for it its not for you, the show is good in most respects so you don't have to *actively* like it.

..But shit do they take some sharp left turns off cliffs out of fucking nowhere.

Reminds me of when I was watching death note and then this foot washing scene comes on out of nowhere. At first I was like what-the- ..-fuck is this, but in retrospect it was a good head warning, heads up, watch out, for a particular twist that was coming later.

But yeah, code geass goes in pretty hard for the 'wow this show has balls' value, and I don't think its any mystery that some people are gonna hate that.
Modified by proviso, Mar 17, 12:45 PM