Forum Settings
Forums

Being "Best Girl" is NOT about being best looking.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Mar 12, 6:03 AM

I feel this needs to be an unofficial rule or something...the thing that makes a best girl the best is her presence on screen.

OK, here's an example:

Why was Rem best girl even though the MC prefers someone else? Because Rem was captivating, her looks are actually secondary....I mean for God sakes Ram looks exactly like Rem...no one claims (seriously) that she was best girl.

This is what made Rem so insanely popular in 2016...when she was a villain we were interested, when she became more soft-hearted and sweet we were also interested....every time she was in screen she demanded our attention.

Emilia (for example) is just a pretty character who after the first arc did absolutely nothing....except be pretty....one can say Emilia is better looking than Rem...fine...but it's clear who was far more popular.

If you go anime by anime you will see that typically the most popular girl is not necessarily the best looking...it's the most interesting/influential.

Why is Zero Two best girl? Because you can't help but wonder about her, she's mysterious and every time on screen she does things that are unconventional and you're interested in wanting to know more about her.

So yeah...

Mar 12, 6:04 AM

yeah just look at yui from k-on, she has the perfect personality and she knocked out every other character with her perfection

Mar 12, 6:07 AM

of course, i always look at her personality and story first.

assyrian said:
yeah just look at yui from k-on, she has the perfect personality and she knocked out every other character with her perfection

really? she was the most annoying character imo

Mar 12, 6:08 AM

You are right, being a "Best Girl" is about the price of the one specific figure on the market.

GangsterCat said:
because there is no good yuri manga. it's always melodramatic love story of a confused hetero and a turbo dyke sexual offender

Mar 12, 6:10 AM

I feel like people are gonna think that I'm starting some Re:Zero beef again...but I'm NOT!

The facts do not lie.

23,497 Favorites

8,500 Favorites

This is the ONLY metric we have (until MAL approves my Waifu tournament)...

Mar 12, 6:10 AM

Best girl is determined by the amount of doujins there is about her

Mar 12, 6:12 AM
❤Genki Girl❤

Why not both

Either way, I don't think you can really objectively decide what makes a best girl because it's ultimately way too much down to individual preference. Like for me pretty much any chuuni girl will always be the best girl of her anime no matter what because I fucking love the trope and that's all there is to it

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
Hit me up if you want someone to flirt with for a bit ^^
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

What makes a best girl is for each person to decide
If one cares about the looks/design the most, then let them be

It's usually not the case for me, but in re:zero all girls are equal level of shit when it comes to characterization, so Emilia wins on looks
As simple as that

yep ,for me its about personality

for example shitoge looks better but her personality is disgusting
you cant compare those two

don't blame for giving that kind of anime 1/10
Modified by tragedydesu, Mar 12, 6:21 AM

Mar 12, 6:19 AM

Well, this much is obvious. Best girl will be the girl who you overall find the most appealing.
Do you like movies? Are you interested on commenting and discussing them? Check The Cinema Club for some film-related talk.

Mar 12, 6:30 AM

You're essentially saying that the most popular things are better if you're going to measure 'best girl' by amount of screen time and member favourites, which is bullshit. The only thing I agree with is that they don't necessarily have to be the best looking, but even that is subjective.

Chitoge and Kosaki from Nisekoi are far more popular than Seishirou and Marika, but I would never consider them better. Especially Kosaki, I don't understand why such a bland character has more than 5000 favourites.
Modified by Apoc_Revolution, Mar 12, 6:39 AM

Mar 12, 6:37 AM

But Rem isnt best girl what the hell?
We have Satella to fill that spot.

Mar 12, 6:39 AM

Apoc_Revolution said:
You're essentially saying that the most popular things are better if you're going to measure 'best girl' by amount of screen time and member favourites, which is bullshit. The only thing I agree with is that they don't necessarily have to be the best looking, but even that is subjective.

Chitoge and Onodera from Nisekoi are far more popular than Tsugumi and Marika, but I would never consider them better. Especially Onodera, I don't understand why such a bland character has more than 5000 favourites.

Well, no...I used Rem as an example against Emilia because that was the most popular show in 2016 and everyone knows that the whole Rem vs Emilia Waifu war became a pretty big thing.

I'm just pointing out that Rem was constantly doing things in that anime whereas Emilia did nothing except be pretty...and I feel that's the only reason we even had a waifu war...Emilia is pretier than Rem...OK and?

See, it's much harder to judge best girl in an anime like Nisekoi...every girl on there has an equal amount of screen time...and they all have interesting personalities and quirks.

But if you have an anime where one girl does nothing except be pretty vs a girl that is constantly doing stuff that is captivating the audience...well, that's case closed IMO.

Mar 12, 6:46 AM
It is a matter of proportion, but i still think looks are more important, about 60/40 compared to personality.

Btw, Felix is the best 'girl' on Re: Zero.
Modified by -Elegant-, Mar 12, 6:51 AM

Mar 12, 6:54 AM

Best girl is whoever manages to capture the viewers kokoro, be it with looks or character.

Mar 12, 6:57 AM

--ALEX-- said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

Chitoge and Kosaki from Nisekoi are far more popular than Seishirou and Marika, but I would never consider them better. Especially Kosaki, I don't understand why such a bland character has more than 5000 favourites.

Well, no...I used Rem as an example against Emilia because that was the most popular show in 2016 and everyone knows that the whole Rem vs Emilia Waifu war became a pretty big thing.

I'm just pointing out that Rem was constantly doing things in that anime whereas Emilia did nothing except be pretty...and I feel that's the only reason we even had a waifu war...Emilia is pretier than Rem...OK and?

See, it's much harder to judge best girl in an anime like Nisekoi...every girl on there has an equal amount of screen time...and they all have interesting personalities and quirks.

But if you have an anime where one girl does nothing except be pretty vs a girl that is constantly doing stuff that is captivating the audience...well, that's case closed IMO.

I see. I got the impression that you think most popular = better because you said popular girls are typically more interesting/influential and because of the comparison between Rem and Emilia's member favourites. It's true that Emilia has too little relevance, but so do a lot of people in real life and yet people are still attracted to them. It just shows that some people value looks more than personality. I consider them equally important, myself.

Mar 12, 7:02 AM

May be, but I till prefer the best looking.

We're not talking about reallity here, it's fiction.

Play Eternal, the best digital card game ever

Mar 12, 7:04 AM

Well yeah I can see what you mean and also follow the same method to pick the "best girl" title. Not that it matters as far as I know, for example, if people don't have affection for this girl called A, then no matter how well developed she is, no one cares about her. While B is one-dimensioned but got the "waifu material" and people would chase her like flood, just my 2cent that is.

I don't know what's term of best girl lol, but I am prefer their personalities than looks itself

Of course it's not, I don't think I've ever seen a person who claimed it is all about best looks :v

Mar 12, 7:06 AM

I agree with you on that. Personality and character development is more important.

Mar 12, 7:20 AM

Lol, everyone has a different opinion about why a female character is "the best". Since there's no objective way to say it, best girl could be anyone by any reason.

Mar 12, 7:22 AM

I'm just wondering since when was the idea of the better looking female individual was ever considered the best girl. Another problem is that beauty is subjective anyway.

"I always had a repulsive need to be
something more than human.
I felt very puny as a human. I thought,
'Fuck that. I want to be a superhuman"
-Kira Yoshikage

Mar 12, 7:35 AM

--ALEX-- said:

This is the ONLY metric we have (until MAL approves my Waifu tournament)...

You could always make one in FG you know.

Mar 12, 8:13 AM

You're right. Emilia has attributes of a good mother: Cheerful, kind and it's sharp. She figured the MC was having severe stress and helped him. The best girl just happens to be beautiful.

Rem is just a submissive dog. She can't think for herself. She's only popular because of the confession.

Let SS Rem rest at the bottom of the ocean.

Mar 12, 8:16 AM

Being a best girl in the harem of trash isn't an achievement worth boasting. Both Rem and Emilia have dog-tier cardboard personalities, if you think they are your waifu pretending it's not because of looks, you have some severe mental issues.

Btw, Emilia > Rem because Emilia never betrayed Subaru.

Mar 12, 8:30 AM

Aquamirror said:
Being a best girl in the harem of trash isn't an achievement worth boasting. Both Rem and Emilia have dog-tier cardboard personalities, if you think they are your waifu pretending it's not because of looks, you have some severe mental issues.

Btw, Emilia > Rem because Emilia never betrayed Subaru.

Tell me ONE good thing about Emilia that doesn't have to do with her looks.

Mar 12, 8:35 AM

AdrianRubinsky said:

You're right. Emilia has attributes of a good mother: Cheerful, kind and it's sharp. She figured the MC was having severe stress and helped him. The best girl just happens to be beautiful.

Rem is just a submissive dog. She can't think for herself. She's only popular because of the confession.

Ultimately, Rem is the biggest winner....Let's see what happened after Re:Zero ended.

>Rem voted 2016 waifu of the Year

>Rem route anime has been talked about

>Rem doujins outnumber Emilia 10 to 1 (at least!)

>Rem merchandise exceeds Emilia like crazy

>Rem will be REMembered for years and years, Emilia will be an afterthought

Mar 12, 8:36 AM

Ok i personally haven't seen Re: Zero but I have seen quite a lot of people who loved Emilia so I would say everyone has their own criterias for that thing it is like most things subjective
Everyone except me has shit taste.

Mar 12, 8:38 AM

--ALEX-- said:
AdrianRubinsky said:

Ultimately, Rem is the biggest winner....Let's see what happened after Re:Zero ended.

>Rem voted 2016 waifu of the Year

>Rem route anime has been talked about

>Rem doujins outnumber Emilia 10 to 1 (at least!)

>Rem merchandise exceeds Emilia like crazy

>Rem will be REMembered for years and years, Emilia will be an afterthought

There are a lot of pet lovers. It doesn't invalidate my remarks.

Mar 12, 8:40 AM

It's always fun to read the comments of those mentally retarded emilia fangays

Keep them coming <3

Mar 12, 8:41 AM

I just met someone Today, His name was Noshit Sherlock
tragedydesu said:

Are you implying That Boredera is Best girl?

I AS A TEAM MARIKA MEMBER AM OFFENDED BY THAT!!!!!!!1111111
how can you say that when Marika is in the show?

Mar 12, 8:41 AM

HaXXspetten said:
Why not both

^seriously This.

If you see my profile, you'll find in my fav character:
Zen - This is the perfect case for this. Not only he has a perfect look (blue eyes white hair), but he is so kind . And also a legit prince! XD
Levi and Luffy - both looks are average I'm since these colors isn't to my liking.. but their badassness and personality makes me love them!
Mikoto - she is cute (well, index is cuter) and badass, but her tsundere personality ticks me off.. but i still love her since she has that gap Moe.. XD

And though not on my fav character list, there's Mikaela from OnS... He is Soo cool and i looove his looks! Yes.. only his looks... Since his personality is too twisted for me.. so.. yeah.. It's Both for me..

I seriously need to stop watching idol anime... The fact that I can't afford to buy their CDs yet keep making my heart broken..
(つд⊂)

Mar 12, 8:43 AM

Oh

Oh Naga

What have you done

I thought we were done.

Use another example for Kill la Kill's sake.
I'm a shitposter for fun

Mar 12, 8:43 AM

The both Rem and Emilia are too good for Subaru. Yaoi ship with Julius is the way to go!

Mar 12, 8:44 AM

Yes, in reality it is about who's the youngest loli.

StephenCovey said:
Most of us don't listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply.

Mar 12, 8:46 AM

Youre absolutely right! its about how much they want the D!

but in all seriousness I do agree

“The Lady of Time and Space”
----------
My Sigs
-Steam-

Mar 12, 8:55 AM

Personality does matter

But using the talking dakimakura from Re:Zero as an example is a little strange

Mar 12, 8:55 AM
Lala Deviluke❤️

Well it was never about the looks....
Most people don't care about it, when it comes to being the best girl...

Bourmegar said:
tragedydesu said:

I think he was only comparing them...
Of course Marika's the best girl in Nisekoi
Even that onodera's nothing compared to her..

Mar 12, 9:03 AM

ZSTGL_IMA said:
Well it was never about the looks....
Most people don't care about it, when it comes to being the best girl...

Bourmegar said:

I think he was only comparing them...
Of course Marika's the best girl in Nisekoi
Even that onodera's nothing compared to her..

Yh Marika is just far more enjoyable and Funnier than Boredera is.
Remember the dam parrot?
AND she is a good person as well.
Hell she even helped Onedera in the end.
so she is good, Funny and cute.
What more do you need:)?

Mar 12, 9:06 AM

that piece of garbage rem is best girl? lol what a joke thread
garbage character list:

rem
shirou
white hair kid from death note
----------------------------------------------
garbage anime list:

bnha -> how can something be so overrated jfc?
all 3 fate stay night routes /nasuverse is overall shit

Mar 12, 9:09 AM

tragedydesu said:

You're right, there's no comparison.
Because at least Chitoge HAS a personality.......

Mar 12, 9:10 AM

most of the so called “best girls” are blonde
and blondes by default, at least 85% of the time (not always, but mostly) are inferior to brunettes, redheads, and darker haired girls in anime

lalalala.

Mar 12, 9:53 AM

Being "Best Girl" nowadays boils down to: "I'm a terrible character people seem to love for absolutely no reason"

Mar 12, 10:03 AM

I await the salt of @swirlydragon
At least Emilia didnt act like the ultimate waifu fantasy and actually really doubted subaru at first. Rem instead is just a fantasy that can never be described as having a"personality"

Mar 12, 10:21 AM

nicethings said:
most of the so called “best girls” are blonde
and blondes by default, at least 85% of the time (not always, but mostly) are inferior to brunettes, redheads, and darker haired girls in anime

Yes, this is so very true. XD

Misuzu=best girl

Saber=best girl

Chitoge=best girl

Usagi=best girl

Ririka=best girl

Shizuru=best girl

Mar 12, 11:25 AM
Yes, that's true! When I choose a "best girl"/"best boy" for an anime, it's not necessarily because of their looks but more of how much they had impacted me, as a viewer. Best looking or not, I would still choose them if I love who they are as a character.

Mar 12, 11:28 AM

Yes it's about personality not looks.

But using Rem as an example contradicts your point

Mar 12, 11:32 AM
Nana Deviluke❤️

I agree Alex

but best girl is best looking in my eyes by default simply because they are best girl
unless best girl sadly has short hair. Then second best girl is the sexiest by default

Mar 12, 12:38 PM

Personality is very important and that, that's true, but looks are also important too. I doubt Rem would be so loved if she would have been a fat, sweaty, hairy neckbeard instead of a cute, petite, blue haired maid. A combination of those two elements is what make a female character best girl at the end of the day.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »