Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 12, 3:33 AM

I feel like a lot of the OG anime genres like mecha and space opera and even ecchi harem could use a fresh take on them. I feel like even though Devilman Crybaby was based on a 70's manga Yuasa took a lot of creative liberties and breathed life in the whole ultraviolent demon genre... with an oddly anti-war message lol.

Personally I would like to see a lot more western sci-fi type shows like cowboy bebop, I just love the world and how it has elements of the western frontier and the characters really embody that spirit, but there are also sci-fi elements. Also most definitely the mecha genre... I mean Thunderbolt is great, but I really haven't seen a mecha show that blew me away that wasn't gundam related in a very long time. Also even though its a popular genre I would really like to see the death tournament genre done in a innovative way that I wouldn't expect... maybe focus on different things like the people who are affected around the tournament and the after effects... could even be like a dark comedy.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Mar 12, 3:34 AM

battle shounen needs a revamp so its not boring

Mar 12, 3:52 AM

I miss the old days when ecchi harem where Hayate, To Love-Ru, Love Hina, KissXSis, Hanaukyou Maid-tai, Princess Resurrection, Nyan Koi, Happy Lesson, Rosario, etc, the one harem that felt old school in recent memory is Monster Musume.
Modified by -Lofn-, Mar 12, 3:56 AM

Come love,
I'll shape you to be a fine man

Mar 12, 3:55 AM
</overrated>

I highly agree on the ecchi. After watching Shokugeki and Kill la Kill, this genre can go places and do fun shit without it being the main topic of oogling.

Maybe harem too? I don't know how since I've yet to enjoy any premise other then reverse harem of OHSHC.

Mar 12, 3:58 AM

vampire genre could use a re-vamp

teehehee

i nonironically like the 3d mecha shows ;-; id-0 and bubuki buranki
but not sidonia knights i dont get how that one is so high rated

Mar 12, 5:27 AM

They just need 24 episode 2 seasons back. Anime that can hold its own with 12 episodes or less are rare.

Mar 12, 5:35 AM

The romance genre is dead Horimiya and tsuki ga kirei last heroes pretty much every romance of the last 5 years is trash

Mar 12, 5:54 AM

I'd say historical anime.There are not many historically accurate anime and the ones I know of are really old. Some new historical anime based on real history would be welcome.

Mar 12, 5:59 AM

the shoujo ai genre. the only good shoujo ai i can think of is strawberry panic, and it's still mediocre

Mar 12, 6:11 AM

Good anime should be revamp. Every anime gets me bored and Its rarely to me to find some good or decent anime.

Mar 12, 6:28 AM
Definitely space operas.

Action anime with adult protagonists like Spike, Vash, Kenshirou, City Hunter's MC, Motoko Kusanagi, instead of yet another scrawny little high schooler.

Adaptations of western stories and books (classics or otherwise), like with the World Masterpiece Theater shows.

Mar 12, 11:25 AM
i think vampire anime needs more teeth

Mar 12, 3:24 PM

^^^^^hell no. i dont want more ecchi shows like food wars. give me dem uncensored nipples and then do what ever you want with the story.

Mar 12, 4:44 PM

almost every new Isekai anime has turned into the same thing which pretty much have these 2 traits in common
1: OP MC who go through no struggles of any kind through out the show
2: MC ends up building a harem

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Mar 12, 7:45 PM

LoneWolf said:
I feel like a lot of the OG anime genres like mecha and space opera and even ecchi harem could use a fresh take on them. I feel like even though Devilman Crybaby was based on a 70's manga Yuasa took a lot of creative liberties and breathed life in the whole ultraviolent demon genre... with an oddly anti-war message lol.

Personally I would like to see a lot more western sci-fi type shows like cowboy bebop, I just love the world and how it has elements of the western frontier and the characters really embody that spirit, but there are also sci-fi elements. Also most definitely the mecha genre... I mean Thunderbolt is great, but I really haven't seen a mecha show that blew me away that wasn't gundam related in a very long time. Also even though its a popular genre I would really like to see the death tournament genre done in a innovative way that I wouldn't expect... maybe focus on different things like the people who are affected around the tournament and the after effects... could even be like a dark comedy.

Hey now, there was also a Devilman series back in the 70s, you mentioned the manga but left out the series.

Also - next month, Captain Tsubasa is getting a remade adaptation, as is Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Mar 13, 2:47 PM
</overrated>

Brb said:
They just need 24 episode 2 seasons back. Anime that can hold its own with 12 episodes or less are rare.

I somewhat agree but I think many 24 episode series, especially older ones don't think of a whole plot that can stretch out that long or stuff it with filler.

Mar 13, 8:12 PM

Battle shounen and isekai are in great need of a revamp.
It would be nice to see an isekai anime that doesn't use rpg elements or end up as a pseudo-ecchi/harem that panders to otakus. As for battle shounen, atrocities like fairy tail, nanatsu no taizai, and black clover exist.

Mar 13, 8:14 PM

feed me cyberpunk please thank you good day
Blood tastes like iron

Mar 14, 3:41 PM

Stripes said:
I highly agree on the ecchi. After watching Shokugeki and Kill la Kill, this genre can go places and do fun shit without it being the main topic of oogling.
i used to hate the genre until i found some that had a lot more to offer than tits an ass, like Desert punk, Air Gear, Needless, and gantz had a lot going on to break up all the T and A, some i didnt even know were ecchi which is why i originally gave them a chance to begin with...... though most still suck