Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 11, 11:57 PM
There are times where we drift ourselves away into our very own fantasy's.
from the plot, characters and the outcome of the story.

This approach is obviously used for authors creating their stories.

But has anyone been day dreaming making your own anime?

Mar 12, 3:11 AM

why dream in the confines of anime.. go one step further and create a whole universe :^0

Mar 12, 3:16 AM

My fantasy runs wild around the popular anime superpowers. As for my own anime, I think nah. My own dream would be related to beautiful girls that I've met and fantasize about them in a sexual way.

Mar 12, 3:17 AM

I daydream fictional tales everytime I have the chance. It's recreation for me.

Come love,
I'll shape you to be a fine man

Mar 12, 8:53 PM

Pretty sure I've dreamed up about 70 LNs worth. 59 of those belonging to the same series...

Mar 12, 9:08 PM

Of course....
I do it everytime. Whenever i m free i just dream myself in a isekai harem or i put on my earphones, play some badass EDM and just imagine different scenarios--OP character like Saitama in a magical world, playing rock music on stage in a school festival and many more.

Best Couple ---> Senjougahara x Araragi

Mar 13, 3:11 AM

Yep, I'm imagining my own anime in my mind but it's pretty disjointed right now. The hardest part other than the events of the story is actually the character designs. Not because I'm having trouble visualizing my characters, it's more that I haven't really grasped a design I'm happy with so far. Well, at least I've enjoyed myself establishing a few arcs here and there. It's more enjoyable if you're daydreaming while listening to music too.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List

Mar 13, 3:13 AM
OVERPOWERED99 said:
Yep, I'm imagining my own anime in my mind but it's pretty disjointed right now. The hardest part other than the events of the story is actually the character designs. Not because I'm having trouble visualizing my characters, it's more that I haven't really grasped a design I'm happy with so far. Well, at least I've enjoyed myself establishing a few arcs here and there. It's more enjoyable if you're daydreaming while listening to music too.

yea the music helps with creating the visuals

Mar 13, 3:21 AM

Of course! I day dream making my own anime almost everyday before I go to sleep. I listen some epic music, then create a scene to fit that music in my mind. I completed a lot of stories in my mind just day dreaming like this for years.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Mar 13, 3:59 AM
oguba said:
Of course! I day dream making my own anime almost everyday before I go to sleep. I listen some epic music, then create a scene to fit that music in my mind. I completed a lot of stories in my mind just day dreaming like this for years.

yea same, my anime day dreaming started out childish back then, after years go by its on the level of adult audiences only

Mar 13, 4:00 AM
DoubleMangekyo said:
Pretty sure I've dreamed up about 70 LNs worth. 59 of those belonging to the same series...

59 belonging to the same series, like what?

Mar 13, 5:52 AM

MsVitchDa2nd said:

The series in question is called God-sent.
Started that one in my final year of high school (2014)... I think. Back then I kept switching its medium from game to visual novel to light novel. Ultimately decided on LN. I don't feel like getting into specifics of plot. We can talk via PM if you want to read about that. For now here's my current situation:

So far I got 25 volumes for the original series, 23 for the first sequel that I completed a few days ago, currently 11+ for a prequel. I got two more sequels planned to end it with, but I gotta map out the basic plot for them still.
There's also 7 other stories (one of them a 2-parter, another a 3-parter) that I dreamed up separately from God-sent. But as I kept dreaming, I managed to link 2 of them to the sequel (as sort-of spin-offs) with another 2 serving as inspiration for certain events in God-sent. Hoping to link the rest to the second sequel.

That's basically the distribution part of it. Goddamn that was all so vague... Sorry if it wasn't an interesting read. Like I said, story details will only be a thing in PMs.

Mar 13, 6:03 AM

I day dreamed about creating an anime about figure skating, with shoujo ai in it.

But then Yuri on ice got created and my idea didn't feel original anymore.

Mar 13, 6:23 AM

I've definitely daydreamed quite a few anime-inspired characters with their own cliched superpowers and tragic backstories. Listening to songs can give pretty good inspiration for plotpoints or further character depth. As mentioned above, character designs are pretty tough to think of, especially when you can't draw to save your life.

Mar 13, 6:51 AM

Sometimes, but it's more like my own anime-inspired fighting game with all my OCs

Mar 13, 10:37 AM

i daydream episodes of anime so i dont have to see them later and I save time

Mar 13, 10:46 AM

DoubleMangekyo said:
MsVitchDa2nd said:

The series in question is called God-sent.
Started that one in my final year of high school (2014)... I think. Back then I kept switching its medium from game to visual novel to light novel. Ultimately decided on LN. I don't feel like getting into specifics of plot. We can talk via PM if you want to read about that. For now here's my current situation:

So far I got 25 volumes for the original series, 23 for the first sequel that I completed a few days ago, currently 11+ for a prequel. I got two more sequels planned to end it with, but I gotta map out the basic plot for them still.
There's also 7 other stories (one of them a 2-parter, another a 3-parter) that I dreamed up separately from God-sent. But as I kept dreaming, I managed to link 2 of them to the sequel (as sort-of spin-offs) with another 2 serving as inspiration for certain events in God-sent. Hoping to link the rest to the second sequel.

That's basically the distribution part of it. Goddamn that was all so vague... Sorry if it wasn't an interesting read. Like I said, story details will only be a thing in PMs.

Shit, and I thought my daydream series was long lol

I'm not sure how long mine is in terms of LN length since I come up with my stories with the intention of being like anime originals. Even so, the longest series I've thought up with is around 5 (2 cours) seasons long
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Mar 13, 10:47 AM
I Have Enough

Most of my daydreams go into either roleplays (which I haven't done for a while) or books that I have written/am writing/intend to write. That being said, I have imagined how those books would appear as anime.

i don't know where and i don't know when
but i know we'll be lovers again
i'll see you some day before the end
oh darling my hearts on fire
for you

last.fm graph

Mar 13, 10:53 AM

Well I'm looking into a career evolving around creation... Production etc...

I've decided to enter these fields because I would always drift off into my mind and create new worlds, with stories and characters, everything... When I started putting them to paper, teachers, among other people, told me I had a great gift for story creation... So I decided to pursue it

SO yeah I'm always in my head creating my own worlds...
Usually in anime/manga format because I easy relate to that form since I'm deeply involved in it... Though the designs I have are in anime/manga style, they are not typically anime/manga like...
Need OSTs in HQ? Message Me~ I'll Get em For You... The Only Cost is Your SOUL...

Mar 13, 11:02 AM

I'm generally pretty organised when it comes to imagining stories, and have a handful of things I keep coming back to and adding or revising details (whilst leaving undefined various aspects which don't interest me), and checking the imagined worlds make sense.

Mar 13, 5:01 PM

not particularly anime but yes ive been dreaming up stories and characters since i was a child, one of them has been going on for ten years or so. i wont ever put anything on paper though since it probably won't be as good as it is in my head and because i hate my writing.
Modified by cewkie, Mar 13, 5:04 PM