Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 29, 2019 7:03 PM

Nov 2018
I hated him at first. But I warmed up to him after the arc where he got kidnapped by the League of Villains. He is pretty damn entertaining too. And I do like my tsunderes, which I suppose he counts as
Aug 29, 2019 7:58 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
momoeiirin said:
problematic characters with strong personality draw my attention much more than the usual perfect "nice boy"
good person = / = good character

And nice character =/= boring, bad, bland, mary-sue. There are asshole characters I like. There are villain characters I like. You know what I don’t like? Screaming assholes with a massive ego who happens to completely revolve around the main character. Seriously, what personality does bakugou have outside of being an asshole and bullying deku for 10 years? Accelerator who is somewhat similar and happens to share the same voice actor is a far better character. He starts out as a villain, yet he feels sorry for what he did to the Misaka’s clones and genuinely tries to redeem himself. And this happened in the first season of Index. There are also other characters like Asuka from EVA and Kamille from Zeta Gundam who genuinely have a good reason for their erratic behavior. Bakugou is neither of those.

Also, its possible to make a likeable character have flaws.
LeonhartAugustAug 29, 2019 8:02 PM
Aug 29, 2019 8:15 PM

Nov 2018
MeisterDM said:
momoeiirin said:
problematic characters with strong personality draw my attention much more than the usual perfect "nice boy"
good person = / = good character

And nice character =/= boring, bad, bland, mary-sue. There are asshole characters I like. There are villain characters I like. You know what I don’t like? Screaming assholes with a massive ego who happens to completely revolve around the main character. Seriously, what personality does bakugou have outside of being an asshole and bullying deku for 10 years? Accelerator who is somewhat similar and happens to share the same voice actor is a far better character. He starts out as a villain, yet he feels sorry for what he did to the Misaka’s clones and genuinely tries to redeem himself. And this happened in the first season of Index. Yet Bakugou can’t do the same.

Also, its possible to make a likeable character have flaws.

I never said nice characters are boring (damn, todoroki is among my favorites), they just don't get my attention that much
if you think about it, katsuki being among the popular is not even an exclusive syndrome of the fandom, I believe it is natural for viewers to prefer the "bad boy" precisely because of the human tendency to be enchanted by what is subversive to our moral standards
and well, I can understand why people don't like him, at first I hated him, and I still get angry at his attitude, it's not like I accept what he does
after all it's your personal choice not to like a character, but there are many other views about a character besides yours, different people translate different narratives in their own ways
just calm down, dude

❝見つめないで 悲しい方を
目を瞑って 口づけしよう
甘く溶けるメロディー❞

❝邪魔しないで
真夜中のパラダイス
息もせずに潜っていく
二人だけのダンス❞
Sep 8, 2019 7:26 PM

Mar 2019
Well, Bakugo feels relatable. He has shown a soft aide with Kirishima and he is good looking.
Sep 8, 2019 7:45 PM

Jul 2013
Honestly baffled at the popularity of this guy. He's basically a discount Sasuke but without the extremely tragic background to somehow delude the fans into thinking he's redeemable. One of the worst characters in BNHA. Can he even be considered a tsundere when he's literally a bully? And people who like him probably love being in abusive relationships because they think they can change the person.

There are so many great characters in BNHA whose whole personality doesn't revolve around being an angry prick and people really chose him as their favorite lmfao.

Sep 20, 2019 10:50 PM

Aug 2014
jooleyhooley said:

I think his flaws leave a lot to be explored, and that's part of what makes him a good character.

That's the problem though, it's not explored. Three seasons in he's still the same unlikable guy full of hatred towards everyone, with all the traits of a "villain" but thrown into the "hero" squad instead for whatever reason.

If he actually received some meaningful character development that might be interesting, but from all I've seen there doesn't seem to be any underlying motives or an underlying story and anything to delve into. No redeeming featues. He's just bad because. Asks vulnerable people to commit suicide, attacks innocent people with actual intent to kill them.

It was stated somewhere in the show (i think by Deku, or maybe Bakugos mom) that he wasn't always like this but i vividly remember a clip of them in kindergarten, Bakugo gloating as usual then something negative about Deku was brought up (i think it was the fact that he's quirkless) and people made fun of him. Bakugo smirked and looked so happy. At that tender age not only was he so extremely full of himself, he also took pleasure in the misfortune and bullying of others. There's no reason at all to like him.

That said I can see how people find him entertaining.
Sep 20, 2019 11:06 PM

Aug 2014
jooleyhooley said:
Tarotist said:
I thought he was just a loudmouth at first, but he earned my respect and became my favorite character in the series after...

Yes! This was such a great moment! And I kind of get the shipping of those two a little bit after that battle.

I think everyone in the class likes Uraraka because she's so sweet, but it doesn't necessarily mean they respect her. I think most people underestimate her, and it was especially made clear with the optic of people booing Bakugo during their battle in the tournament because they felt Uraraka couldn't handle the hits he was serving her. It was more demeaning than anything else. Bakugo actually respected her as a competitor and gave it his all. It was great seeing him immediately correct the person who implied she was weak after their battle. He sees her worth.

I respect your opinion but this is cheap, it's so cheap. It's the archetypical bad guy/tough guy/bossy guy never says anything good about anyone, then one good deed or one positive word gives high praises and everything is forgiven. People tend to forget others who actually behaved and did good deeds all along.

Also it's not like he even had a choice, he battled her and was forced to acknowledge her skill.
The positive reaction to him is mindboggling.

Sep 20, 2019 11:13 PM
Jun 2014
He doesn't really get any form of development until Season 3. Season 1 and 2 Bakugo is just an edgy boy who tells people to kill themselves for comic relief. Season 3 Bakugo is still the above things but has emotions now, I guess.

Maybe he'll be worth paying attention to in Season 4.
Sep 20, 2019 11:14 PM

Aug 2016
Because Bakugo X Uraraka is what the people want.
Sep 21, 2019 2:40 AM

Aug 2014
JFuji said:
Because Bakugo X Uraraka is what the people want.

So far off the mark I dont even know what to say
Nov 4, 2019 9:49 AM
Sep 2019
Bakugo Katsuki is a hero with a really good singularity and he has a bad mood which draws attention to the villains, so the heroes and the villains likes him
Nov 7, 2019 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
I have no clue. All I know is that he sucks in every sense of the word. And Nobu-san is the only reedeming characterist of him.
May 25, 2020 2:38 PM
May 2020
Wow. I get it if you guys dont like him before deki vs kacchan ptc2 eps. But if you already watch whole of season 3 and still cant understand him then i am the one who cant understand your point of view.
(Spoilers!!!!!)
In that episode he even explained why he bullied deku. He dont understand deku. He knows deku somehow has something he dont have,but he didnt admit it. He overlooked his weakness because he is looking down on deku, looking down on someone quirkless,timid and crybaby,someone very different to him,someone he thought wont be able to win. It piqued baku and brushed him off. But deku sticks to him like a glue, no mater how bad he was treated. It made him more and more misunderstand and suspicious of deku,hence more and more acted hostile to him.

In that episode deku also already explained why he keep stcking to him, so i think their misunderstandings already cleared. They also dont need anymore excusatory.

In the end of the episode baku also aknowledge deku to be his equal, and started a healthy rivalry towards him. what i like about baku is he is not an emo like sasuke. He has a huge ego and extremely short fuse, but he can calmly sort out his feelings after he has the answer of his confused thought pretty fast. He is an angry boy, but a smart angry boy with unneeded emo traits.
FemaleajinMay 25, 2020 3:58 PM
May 25, 2020 2:43 PM

Jul 2019
because females and males (those who like him) have bad taste
May 25, 2020 2:50 PM

Sep 2019
cause every 14 years old teen girls loves characters with a bad boy attitudes.
May 26, 2020 11:50 AM
May 2020
very good...............................................................................................
May 26, 2020 12:03 PM

Mar 2019
being a good person and being a good character are not the same thing. Bakugo is not someone I would want to spend time with if he were a real person, but he isn't.

I like his character because of how his brash, aggressive attitude is built up, he has a huge ego from his own expectations for himself to always be #1 and I like the ways he develops as he has to come to grips with the fact that that is an impossible standard to set for himself

beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I don't exactly have a way to explain my love for his many angry expressions

Also his VA does a good job
May 26, 2020 12:19 PM

Jan 2009
im sure for simple man like me its because his explosion quirk is badass but ye his personality sucks ass
May 26, 2020 12:34 PM

Jul 2019
Because girls like bad boys? I genuinely have no idea why, he always sounded like an angry kid to me. I prefer the nice guys. Kirishima all the way. Best exemple of deredere you'll ever find in anime.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.