Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 12, 2018 9:18 AM

Feb 2010
See @jizzyhitler, you're already sounding like you're more into AICO than I am based on your simulwatch posts. I knew you'd like it more than I do :>
You might still rate it lower than me because rating systems, but for me it's been pretty much like you said you thought it would be after 3 eps: Pure blandness and mostly boredom, not caring about a single event or character on screen and not even being very entertained by the action. It isn't terrible, but in some ways being mediocre is worse than being bad :/.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 12, 2018 9:19 AM

Sep 2011
Pullman said:
See @jizzyhitler, you're already sounding like you're more into AICO than I am based on your simulwatch posts. I knew you'd like it more than I do :>
dont know how the fuck you got that from me complaining every episode about the writing. if anything its heading towards best case scenario 4/10 like i said it might before the show started

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 12, 2018 9:30 AM

Feb 2010
JizzyHitler said:
Pullman said:
dont know how the fuck you got that from me complaining every episode about the writing. if anything its heading towards best case scenario 4/10 like i said it might before the show started

I mean firstly, because you write a lot to each episode which shows me you're more engaged in it than I am, I can barely find anything I care enough about to write about it. And secondly you do mix in a lot of compliments.

"aaayyy i actually had fun finally"
"This show has been steadily improving"
"i actually probably enjoyed this episode the most of the show so far"
"This has me honestly pretty interested"
"there are some genuine pros here that dont have conflictions"

I wish I had these sentiments about any of the episodes tbh xD

And as I said, you'll probably still rate it lower (I don't see this getting less than a 5 from me because that's what booooring shows that fail to engage me usually get) because you tend to rate things lower than I do when we like them the same, but you're at least somehow into it and seeing parts of it that you like. I wish there was anything about the show I cared about or liked, like the stuff you mentioned, so I can latch onto it and somehow enjoy the ride, but so far it's been about as engaging as Rocket Girls and I just kinda autopiloted the final episodes for that and AICO might end up in the same boat.
Mar 12, 2018 9:34 AM

Sep 2011
Pullman said:
JizzyHitler said:

I mean firstly, because you write a lot to each episode which shows me you're more engaged in it than I am, I can barely find anything I care enough about to write about it. And secondly you do mix in a lot of compliments.

And as I said, you'll probably still rate it lower (I don't see this getting less than a 5 from me because that's what booooring shows that fail to engage me usually get) because you tend to rate things lower than I do when we like them the same, but you're at least somehow into it and seeing parts of it that you like. I wish there was anything about the show I cared about or liked, like the stuff you mentioned, so I can latch onto it and somehow enjoy the ride, but so far it's been about as engaging as Rocket Girls and I just kinda autopiloted the final episodes for that and AICO might end up in the same boat.
im only writing so much cause its a simulwatch and its kind of mandatory, i have positives to say about most shows I watch, even gundam see destiny which has left me furious i had pros to say about certain parts if i had to write on an episode basis.

if you are meh on the show then you already like it way more than me. Id say the show is very bad just has some schlocky elements that appeal to guilty pleasures in terms of the setting and my general love for how 2d animation looks. Also do not misconstrue getting better as a compliment, the show started off at like a 3/10 it takes little effort to imrpove on that, episode 2 was god fucking awful.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 12, 2018 9:52 AM

Feb 2010
JizzyHitler said:
Pullman said:

im only writing so much cause its a simulwatch and its kind of mandatory, i have positives to say about most shows I watch, even gundam see destiny which has left me furious i had pros to say about certain parts if i had to write on an episode basis.

if you are meh on the show then you already like it way more than me. Id say the show is very bad just has some schlocky elements that appeal to guilty pleasures in terms of the setting and my general love for how 2d animation looks. Also do not misconstrue getting better as a compliment, the show started off at like a 3/10 it takes little effort to imrpove on that, episode 2 was god fucking awful.

idk, you can say what you want I'd rather be as engaged as you are than as apathetic as I am :/

The thing is that as long as I have positive stuff to say about a show I can focus on that and a lot of the time I won't care that much about 90% of the 'bad' stuff you complain about (I honestly don't think the bad stuff about AICO is that bad, it's all just kinda meh). It was that way with B for example, shitton of stuff to complain about it but overall it was an easy watch and I enjoyed it a fair amount. But AICO is giving me nothing (less complaints, less stuff to compliment) so I wish I had some positive stuff to say about it like you do, because then I could focus on that and enjoy the show even if it was bad from a critical perspective.

I find it much easier to like a show when there's both bad and good things in heaps to say about them (like a lot of Tomino Gundams) then when I just feel nothing about it. So from my perspective you're definitely having a better time even if you find the show worse from a critical perspective (which you probably do because I'm pretty lenient in that regard and my critical standards are pretty low and/or don't impact how I feel about a show overall too much). Or at least I'd have a better time if I was in your shoes than I am having right now because I'd rather throw around compliments and criticism I cared about, then just apathetic shrugs.

So yeah you might find the show worse and rate it lower in your rating system but I doubt you're enjoying it less than I am. I'm literally trying to make this post as long as possible because I know at the end of it I'm going to have to continue ep 8 and I already forgot what happened in the first 5 minutes that I watched 15 minutes ago -.-.

e: Heck I even found ep 2 to be probably the most enjoyable/interesting ep after ep 5 so far so I guess my disenjoyment of the show doesn't really come from the stuff that you and others seem to criticize the most.
AlcoholicideMar 12, 2018 9:56 AM
Mar 12, 2018 10:13 AM

Mar 2014
Jizzy is just being stubborn about it.
Mar 12, 2018 10:50 AM

Feb 2010
is there any better feeling than deciding to skip on uni for the day only to find out there was no uni today anyway and you didn't even miss anything? Almost wasted a lot of time going there, and this late in the evening too. Yay. Maybe I can carry this momentum of positive surprise into AICO :>
Mar 12, 2018 12:23 PM

Nov 2014

what the fuck is this really how LoL pro games are? by the gods 5 - 0 in a world championship is "total domination", apparently.

It literally took 23+ mins in before the first blood ever happened, and then after 15 minutes... 1 kill.

The second game was a not much better 7-3, and the third game was a much better but still not enough 16- 13.
I'm legit surprised because I was under the impression that because LoL is supposed to be faster paced than DOTA, with less respawn times, easier farms, etc. there would be much more kills.
Apparently it's the complete opposite. Interesting.

A 40+ combined killscore at the end of a DOTA pro match is pretty damn normal. A 5 - 0 37 minute game is almost impossible to happen unless the team is using rat strats.

Mar 12, 2018 12:29 PM

Sep 2011
I wish i hated aico, i just pity it at this point. It feels like there was an actual vision from the director of a story in his mind was this intense and emotional rollercoaster, he gets free reign from netflix so his vision isnt tampered with at all in addition to some of the most talented animators in the bussiness that are all in on putting some ova tier effort into the drawings and animation.....and then none of it works and the show releases to no reception to speak of likley to be forgotten in less than a week.

It's kind of a bummer. Theres definetly a group of people that believed in this product, but its all for nothing.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 12, 2018 1:02 PM

Nov 2014
Haifuri, Arpeggio, and Mouretsu Pirates are the ones I'm thinking of watching after GuP. Still not done with the Nanoha sickness of military grils.

Mar 12, 2018 1:04 PM

Jul 2010
AzureDaora said:
Haifuri, Arpeggio, and Mouretsu Pirates are the ones I'm thinking of watching after GuP. Still not done with the Nanoha sickness of military grils.

Haifuri is actually a ton of fun and the very last moment in that show is just... so good.
Mar 12, 2018 1:26 PM

Jul 2010
Man, the last two episodes of Kokkoku have been pretty disappointing ever since

Could been a hidden gem this season.
Mar 12, 2018 1:26 PM

Feb 2010
AzureDaora said:

Mouretsu Pirates was pretty decent, haven't seen the others. Doubt any of them are close to GuP tho :/.

Btw you might like this, it has military grils in a sci-fi setting
https://myanimelist.net/anime/113/Uchuu_no_Stellvia
Mar 12, 2018 1:32 PM

Feb 2010
JizzyHitler said:
I wish i hated aico, i just pity it at this point. It feels like there was an actual vision from the director of a story in his mind was this intense and emotional rollercoaster, he gets free reign from netflix so his vision isnt tampered with at all in addition to some of the most talented animators in the bussiness that are all in on putting some ova tier effort into the drawings and animation.....and then none of it works and the show releases to no reception to speak of likley to be forgotten in less than a week.

It's kind of a bummer. Theres definetly a group of people that believed in this product, but its all for nothing.

is the animation really that amazing? Granted, my attention has been fading during the action scenes cause they kinda bore me, but I haven't been THAT impressed by the visuals. I definitely liked B more in that department, be it designs or sakuga. Not that Aico is bad in that area, it's probably above average, but it didn't really stand out too much to me either (unlike B).
Mar 12, 2018 2:00 PM

Mar 2012
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 12, 2018 2:19 PM

Nov 2014
I'm watching Haifuri first because that seems like the closest one to GuP
Pullman said:
AzureDaora said:

Mouretsu Pirates was pretty decent, haven't seen the others. Doubt any of them are close to GuP tho :/.

doubt it as well

I actually had Stellvia on my old External HDD before it got btfo'd, glad you reminded me of it.

Mar 12, 2018 2:30 PM

Feb 2010
AzureDaora said:
I'm watching Haifuri first because that seems like the closest one to GuP
Pullman said:

doubt it as well

I actually had Stellvia on my old External HDD before it got btfo'd, glad you reminded me of it.

it had a surprisingly great/fleshed out romance for a mainly non-romance anime so if you like that kind of stuff I can definitely recommend it. The rest of it was pretty solid too, but nothing amazing imo.
Mar 12, 2018 3:11 PM

Feb 2010
Done with AICO. Now on to better things, like Gintama Porori-hen!
Mar 12, 2018 3:32 PM

Nov 2014
Episode 3 in Haifuri, it definitely has an interesting premise. I expected it to be GuP but boats but it's more similar to GuP and "a good Kancolle anime" combined, with it having a somewhat serious plot.

but clearly, Isoroku is the best girl.

Mar 12, 2018 4:19 PM

Sep 2011
Pullman said:
theres a solid....3 good episodes in there

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 12, 2018 4:28 PM

Feb 2010
JizzyHitler said:
Pullman said:

is the first one one of them? because I liked the first ep
Mar 12, 2018 4:48 PM

Jul 2010
Pullman said:

Or.... time to watch live-action AICO

Mar 12, 2018 5:20 PM

Nov 2014
>It's a seal, so let's call it Tama-chan!

Wow, I get that reference. All because of Touhou.

This is the second consecutive time I get some obscure jap reference because of Touhou.
One is that GuP referenced the Hanasaka Jiisan story (which the Three Fairies of Light did as a play in VFiS to make the cherry trees bloom) and then Haifuri referenced Tama-chan (which Touhou dedicated a chapter in WaHH for).

Touhou, still making me more weeb than any other thing I've ever ingested in Jap media. In better ways, at least.

Mar 12, 2018 5:25 PM

Mar 2008
AzureDaora said:

GuP > Mouretsu >>>>>>Witches>Kancolle>>>>> Haifuri >> Apreggio

I still don't know how people can like that cgi monstrosity
CkanMar 12, 2018 5:30 PM
Mar 12, 2018 6:00 PM

Nov 2014
Ckan said:
AzureDaora said:

so far I like Haifuri better than Kancolle
I like the mystery so far, at least. The main character is pretty meh and so are most of the side characters but there are some standouts.
Still pretty comphy

Mar 12, 2018 6:51 PM

Nov 2012
I know I'm like half a decade late to be asking this question, but oh well.

Is Elder Scrolls Skyrim a good game? Thinking of getting for PS4.

Mar 12, 2018 7:00 PM

Mar 2013
Ckan said:
AzureDaora said:

What a coincidence I don't know how people can tolerate your existence either
Mar 12, 2018 7:28 PM

Mar 2008
fst said:
Ckan said:

What a coincidence I don't know how people can tolerate your existence either

It's ok even if it's a one-sided affection :blobblush:

Mar 12, 2018 7:31 PM

Mar 2008
AzureDaora said:
I like the mystery so far, at least. The main character is pretty meh and so are most of the side characters but there are some standouts.
Still pretty comphy
Iirc, it got a lot stranger as it went on
Mar 12, 2018 8:14 PM

Nov 2014
That was some intense watergun action. This anime has nice animation when it feels like it.
The cat is still best girl
Ckan said:
AzureDaora said:
Still pretty comphy
Iirc, it got a lot stranger as it went on
It's definitely pretty strange now but the semi-supernatural side of things were kinda foreshadowed so I'm not too bothered by it. It's still pretty odd tho, considering what I expected.

Mar 12, 2018 8:17 PM

Sep 2011
Pullman said:
JizzyHitler said:

i mean as in of any real worth, homeless arc and guardian spirits episode are goat, the rest is pretty forgettable by the show's standards

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 12, 2018 8:24 PM

Nov 2014

TIL that the Suwa shrine is a real shrine.

Mar 12, 2018 9:04 PM

Sep 2011
Paulo27 said:
Jizzy is just being stubborn about it.
i mean I'm memeing about 60% of the hatred for this series cause its low hanging fruit, still expected to hate it
JizzyHitlerMar 12, 2018 9:16 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 13, 2018 5:40 AM

Jan 2014
SuperRed said:
I know I'm like half a decade late to be asking this question, but oh well.

Is Elder Scrolls Skyrim a good game? Thinking of getting for PS4.

Yes, but modding the game to death is half the fun, so I suggest you get it on your PC if you can.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Mar 13, 2018 5:45 AM

Jul 2010
Oblivion>Skyrim
Mar 13, 2018 6:41 AM

Jan 2011
Junji anime adapted Glyceride, the absolute madman.
Mar 13, 2018 6:43 AM

Oct 2015
ReaperCreeper said:

is glyceride the first half of the ep which i have no idea where its from
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 13, 2018 6:44 AM

Jan 2011
Scarlett_ryuken said:
ReaperCreeper said:

is glyceride the first half of the ep which i have no idea where its from
Yeah, from Yami no Koe, and since it's fair game I better see this end with Mystery of the Haunted House.
Mar 13, 2018 6:45 AM

Sep 2013
Tenth said:
Oblivion>Skyrim

truth
Mar 13, 2018 7:10 AM

Sep 2011
Tenth said:
Oblivion>Skyrim
yeah pretty much, skyrim is just bland

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 13, 2018 7:30 AM

Sep 2013
I get that some people get hard from modding the game, but I personally see no appeal in that as the mod stories are always poor and the world uninspired, and I play RPGs primarily for the story. I'm not looking for a sandbox to fuck around with but rather an experience I can immerse myself into. And Skyrim fails at it

In that sense, The Witcher 3 is the far better RPG of this decade and deserves the reception it has gotten, hopefully to encourage more RPG developers to create something like it
Mar 13, 2018 7:34 AM

Sep 2013
On the topic of RPGs, this made me nut

Mar 13, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2013
Mfw

Yeah I'm trying to finish this again. It's still bad :yamete:
Mar 13, 2018 8:19 AM

Jul 2010
cupc said:
I get that some people get hard from modding the game, but I personally see no appeal in that as the mod stories are always poor and the world uninspired, and I play RPGs primarily for the story. I'm not looking for a sandbox to fuck around with but rather an experience I can immerse myself into. And Skyrim fails at it

In that sense, The Witcher 3 is the far better RPG of this decade and deserves the reception it has gotten, hopefully to encourage more RPG developers to create something like it

I never mod my games and my friend think I'm completely fucked up in the head or something.

Like I played Fallout New Vegas just vanilla and loved that game and he's still "b-but mods". Modding is fine but it annoys me so much when people are so condescending to people that are just playing the game like it was...
Mar 13, 2018 8:40 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah mods are overrated, I never use them unless im doing a replay. Max payne 2 is a good example, i adore that game and the mods are really fucking cool, but they totally ruin the tone and mood the game makes and should not be played the first time around. like this is fun to fuck around with but this is not max payne

Tenth said:
cupc said:

I never mod my games and my friend think I'm completely fucked up in the head or something.

Like I played Fallout New Vegas just vanilla and loved that game and he's still "b-but mods". Modding is fine but it annoys me so much when people are so condescending to people that are just playing the game like it was...
yeah new vegas vanilla is an incredible game, probably my all time fav western rpg. Mods are neat but I feel they spoil the experience alot especially ones that change the gameplay
JizzyHitlerMar 13, 2018 8:44 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 13, 2018 8:53 AM

Sep 2011
I still think this is one of the best final boss themes ever

i mean it plays a couple of times before the final boss, but still, its beautiful as hell. Original nier cast had it so much harder than automata's

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 13, 2018 9:28 AM

Nov 2014
Mouretsu's OP reminds me of a Disgaea OP

JizzyHitler said:
[y t]aBGAYLLkgHk[/y t]

i mean it plays a couple of times before the final boss, but still, its beautiful as hell. Original nier cast had it so much harder than automata's
Drakengard 3 is one of my favorite final boss themes out there despite... the circumstances alongside it.

Mar 13, 2018 9:41 AM

Mar 2012
Never play Drakengard or Nier but man the OST in YuYuYu is epic.

Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 13, 2018 9:47 AM

Sep 2011
AzureDaora said:
Mouretsu's OP reminds me of a Disgaea OP

JizzyHitler said:
[y t]aBGAYLLkgHk[/y t]

Drakengard 3 is one of my favorite final boss themes out there despite... the circumstances alongside it.
yeah thats an incredible one....too bad about the circumstances like you said so it only gives me ptsd

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 13, 2018 10:15 AM

Feb 2010
JizzyHitler said:
Pullman said:

i mean as in of any real worth, homeless arc and guardian spirits episode are goat, the rest is pretty forgettable by the show's standards

wtf is real worth even?

jizzy you're turning into an elitist, using all these objective vocabulary all the time on anime. I'm not sure we can be friends anymore :>
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime Thought of The Day..? V.25: ded and forgotten

Botato - May 8, 2022

33 by Botato »»
Mar 16, 8:41 AM

» If you could get every regular in the club to watch one anime of your choosing, what would you pick and why?

TripleSRank - Apr 8, 2017

45 by DreamingGhost »»
Jun 2, 2023 5:02 AM

Sticky: » [Possible Spoilers] Most Overrated/Underrated Anime V. 5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ckan - Sep 19, 2014

3375 by DreamingGhost »»
Jun 2, 2023 4:11 AM

Sticky: » An Important Announcement To Lurkers

Kokko - Mar 15, 2015

30 by LeonhartAugust »»
Dec 27, 2018 8:16 PM

Sticky: » [OFFICIAL] O/U Simulwatch/read thread

Ckan - Oct 3, 2016

41 by LeonhartAugust »»
Dec 27, 2018 8:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.