Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 10, 2018 11:08 AM

Mar 2014
Off-topic and meta-humour chit-chat.

Spam will not be tolerated. Please tag and label spoilers.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2018 11:10 AM

Jul 2010
"ded but not forgotten"

True, Aniki ;_;

GachiBass
GachiGasm
Mar 10, 2018 11:11 AM

Jan 2014
guys, just stop! it's not even warm anymore...
Mar 10, 2018 11:15 AM

Jul 2010
He won't be forgotten

Mar 10, 2018 11:17 AM

Mar 2014
Joekstar said:
guys, just stop! it's not even warm anymore...
tfw even old yuri peasants come to mourn
Mar 10, 2018 11:21 AM

Mar 2012
Zero Two is shameless Momo Deviluke knock-off
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 10, 2018 11:21 AM

Jul 2010
A good title recently would been "Anime Thought of The Day..? V.24: How Netflix is (not) saving anime"
Mar 10, 2018 11:54 AM

Sep 2011
Tenth said:
A good title recently would been "Anime Thought of The Day..? V.24: How Netflix is (not) saving anime"
i take that as aico is at least close to as bad as i expected.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 10, 2018 12:00 PM

Jul 2010
JizzyHitler said:
Tenth said:

That's more like a general statement. For me personally B ended up being mediocre and I'm actually enjoying AICO so far but I'm only 2 eps in so that's really not saying much.
Mar 10, 2018 12:11 PM

Sep 2011
Tenth said:
JizzyHitler said:

That's more like a general statement. For me personally B ended up being mediocre and I'm actually enjoying AICO so far but I'm only 2 eps in so that's really not saying much.
I'm still open to being proven wrong on it.....i just doubt it.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 10, 2018 12:41 PM

Nov 2014
we lost electricity so I couldn't even get to post in the last breathes of the last thread FeelsBad
at the very least it forced me to read a book again lmao

I never realized that Lord of the Flies was secretly an anime. Full of little kids trying to be sugoi

Mar 10, 2018 12:42 PM

Mar 2014
From what I have seen of AICO, it definitely has its own weird plot points early on but it's a lot more mild than B in how it conducts itself and that makes it a lot more forgiving in my eyes. Might even drop by the simulcast thread for this one honestly.
Mar 10, 2018 12:55 PM

Nov 2014
I also managed to watch the Kancolle movie before my laptop died out.

what was that
You know me, I love it when innocent grils turn grim. It's my shit.

the problem with the Kancolle movie however is that I can take No-pants Strike Witches more seriously than the Kanmusu. Heck, I find the Neuroi more interesting than the Abyssals in some way.
It just tried too hard. The series was 90% fucking around, having a curry contest and Yuudachi Poi-ing everything to oblivion. One of the main events in the movie was like, what, episode 3 in the series? It didn't even give that much of an impression to everything as afterwards the series turned more or less into a SoL with random grils doing random things.

There's no reason to care for anyone of them when they virtually have no character. While I was aware of the Kancolle lore beforehand and I do find the concept of the Abyssals and even the shipgirls interesting, they just have no character to speak of.
If Kancolle did what Strike Witches did with the series and developed the characters, gave each main character some screentime with an episode or twoand establish their personality and whatnot, and THEN air the movie maybe I would've given a shit.

Heck, if they do what Touhou did and instead of adding Drama they have "Everything is dark and we don't care, this is our world we live in and we're used to it" kind of vibe and characters learn to adapt to it, it could've been a whole lot more interesting too.

The ending of the movie was fucking abrupt as hell, as well. It lacked some screen time.

This could've been a lot better. Sad.

It has nice visuals at least. I like the water when they sploosh around fighting. It's way too quiet tho, it was like 80% ambient noise like this was Serial Experiments Lain.
AzureDaoraMar 10, 2018 1:00 PM

Mar 10, 2018 1:25 PM

Nov 2014
Aniki likes this thread, therefore I like this thread.

Most shame themselves when one is meme'd, hide themselves or even take offense.
Some take advantage of this surge of popularity and spam themselves, only to fade away into obscurity.

Aniki, on the other hand, lived as one and inspired everyone, being one of the first to do it.
RIP Aniki, one of internet's greatest legends.

ASS WE CAN
AzureDaoraMar 10, 2018 1:28 PM

Mar 10, 2018 1:34 PM

Sep 2011
alright im home, time to binge the final episodes of destiny......hooray

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 10, 2018 1:38 PM

Jul 2010
JizzyHitler said:

btw what version of destiny are you watching because the remaster adds a well needed epilogue imo
Mar 10, 2018 1:48 PM

Sep 2011
Tenth said:
JizzyHitler said:

btw what version of destiny are you watching because the remaster adds a well needed epilogue imo
im watching the original, but the remaster isnt the one that adds the epilogue that was an ova that remakes the final episode releases a few months after the show ended, i intend to watch that one instead of the actual final ep.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 10, 2018 1:54 PM

Jul 2010
JizzyHitler said:
Tenth said:

im watching the original, but the remaster isnt the one that adds the epilogue that was an ova that remakes the final episode releases a few months after the show ended, i intend to watch that one instead of the actual final ep.

Ah right, it was that Final Plus. Remember doing the same.
Mar 10, 2018 2:00 PM

Nov 2014
continuing GuP

I'm imagining @fst acting like Akiyama and this makes it even more fun

Mar 10, 2018 2:04 PM

Mar 2013
AzureDaora said:
continuing GuP

bitch you don't know me
Mar 10, 2018 2:14 PM

Nov 2014
fst said:
AzureDaora said:
continuing GuP

bitch you don't know me
you probably turn all kawaii in front of tanks dont lie to me

Mar 10, 2018 2:25 PM

Mar 2013
AzureDaora said:
fst said:

bitch you don't know me
you probably turn all kawaii in front of tanks dont lie to me

that's not true at all
Mar 10, 2018 2:28 PM

Jul 2010
Coco was a goddamn beautiful movie, never seen something so colorful when they show Land of the Dead.
Mar 10, 2018 2:36 PM

Nov 2014

Mar 10, 2018 2:49 PM

Mar 2013
yea I don't make that face
Mar 10, 2018 2:50 PM

Sep 2011
aight here we go, the final episode of seed destiny, I have never been so unhyped for a final fight in this entire franchise, i think thats why the show hasnt angered me in a while cause after about the 2nd time shinn ignored any chance of character development in favor of being a screaming retard for the sake of forcing conflict i kind of just zoned out of all of this. Honestly the only thing i hoping to get out of this final episode, is just to see some of the not ruined characters get decent epilogues, there arent many that havent been butchered but there are still a few.

I truly hate that this was the fastest ive watched the entirety of a gundam mainline entry.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 10, 2018 2:59 PM

Nov 2014
fst said:
yea I don't make that face
you should

Mar 10, 2018 3:00 PM

Mar 2012
I was young back when I watch Destiny. Back then I don't care about story as much as how cool it is look.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 10, 2018 3:08 PM

Nov 2014
>never spills tea no matter what

are you a zepelli or are you hoshiguma

I really like the Panzer Banter tho.

Mar 10, 2018 3:19 PM

Mar 2012
I hate how tumblr is banned here. Really inconvenience.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 10, 2018 3:25 PM

Nov 2014
GuP knows how ridiculous it is and it embraces it with all its glory. I love it.

Mar 10, 2018 3:31 PM

Mar 2013
The movie would have been better with more grounded physics IMO. The way they just toss tanks around like plastic toys makes them lose a lot of impact. There's no weight to them, which I think was to their detriment. The motions would have had a lot of impact had they been depicted as the 30+ ton machines they really are.
Mar 10, 2018 3:38 PM

Sep 2011
God damn it i spoke way too soon saying destiny was a 4, holy fuck that was a baaaaaad final episode. Like it was all par for the course until the final confrontation where shit turned into naked gun. A scene where half a dozen characters all gather in one place all whipping out guns full on reservoir dogs style was easily some of the the most unintentionally funny scenes in this entire series and pretty much all the dialogue in that scene and the fuck you tragic moment right after was just confirmation I cannot give this anything above a 3. The only thing i liked in that final episode was maybe the epilogue which appealed to the small hidden away part of my that liked where shinn's character was going around the 20ish episode mark.

God what a bad series, it had so much good in it and I think it wasted all of it. If i had to list the pros:
-durandal was an okish villain i guess
-durandal was voiced by char
-occasionally some character interaction that was enjoyable to watch
-the first half was honestly pretty good all things considered
-the destiny gundam was neato
-the strike freedom's entrance was one of the only moments of hype i had
-again the epilogue was aight.

But thats really all thats coming to mind.
JizzyHitlerMar 10, 2018 3:42 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 10, 2018 3:39 PM

Mar 2014
Nah, it's fun watching then go nuts and making up crazy strategies.

Nov 2014
fst said:
The movie would have been better with more grounded physics IMO. The way they just toss tanks around like plastic toys makes them lose a lot of impact. There's no weight to them, which I think was to their detriment. The motions would have had a lot of impact had they been depicted as the 30+ ton machines they really are.
see you are akiyama

after that recon video I deem her best girl

Jan 2013
im cravin for some ramen rn
Mar 10, 2018 3:41 PM

Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:
God damn it i spoke way too soon saying destiny was a 4, holy fuck that was a baaaaaad final episode. Like it was all par for the course until the final confrontation where shit turned into naked gun. A scene where half a dozen characters all gather in one place all whipping out guns full on reservoir dogs style was easily some of the the most unintentionally funny scenes in this entire series and pretty much all the dialogue in that scene and the fuck you tragic moment right after was just confirmation I cannot give this anything above a 3. The only thing i liked in that final episode was maybe the epilogue which appealed to the small hidden away part of my that liked where shinn's character was going around the 20ish episode mark.

God what a bad series, it had so much good in it and I think it wasted all of it.

Now time for 00 to save your soul

And then second season to blow your soul out your ass all over again

and then the trailblazer movie to show you a level of de-transcendence that you didn't even know was possible
Mar 10, 2018 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
fst said:
JizzyHitler said:

God what a bad series, it had so much good in it and I think it wasted all of it.

and then the trailblazer movie to show you a level of de-transcendence that you didn't even know was possible
honestly, the 2nd season doesnt even have a chance of doing anywhere near as much frustration as destiny did. Destiny was like killing hope in the franchise tier.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 10, 2018 3:45 PM

Nov 2014
fst said:
JizzyHitler said:

00 S2 definitely isn't as bad as Destiny in terms of fucking up the characters, it only did it for some of them. The bad thing was that best boy was part of it.

Trailblazer wasn't as bad, either. It was just... really weird. The ending was all sorts of stuff, too.

Mar 10, 2018 3:50 PM

Jul 2010
I'll just stand here laughing to myself as the only person in O/U that enjoyed Destiny somewhat
Mar 10, 2018 3:52 PM

Sep 2011
im fairly positive ill like 00 overall, i dont know how strongly but im hoping its at least better than seed original

Which i dont know if its cause of how awful seed destiny was, but i really kind of appreciate the original seed way more after some time has passed so i think im gonna bump the score up slightly, there were moments and characters in it i look back on and actually have fond memories of.

Tenth said:
I'll just stand here laughing to myself as the only person in O/U that enjoyed Destiny somewhat
i am curious why did you enjoy it, cause in the episodie discussions you were pretty much complaining all the way through save for a couple decent episodes involving the blue cosmos conflict.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 10, 2018 3:54 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty sure I didn't comment on every episode discussion and it was mostly the more annoying eps. I guess some would argue that would be all of them LOL

edit: nvm I actually did comment on every ep huh
TenthMar 10, 2018 3:57 PM
Mar 10, 2018 4:07 PM

Mar 2013
Tenth said:
Pretty sure I didn't comment on every episode discussion and it was mostly the more annoying eps. I guess some would argue that would be all of them LOL

tenth thats a wewlad

JizzyHitler said:
im fairly positive ill like 00 overall, i dont know how strongly but im hoping its at least better than seed original

Which i dont know if its cause of how awful seed destiny was, but i really kind of appreciate the original seed way more after some time has passed so i think im gonna bump the score up slightly, there were moments and characters in it i look back on and actually have fond memories of.

First season IMO is way better than SEED original.

It's just that 1st season plays around with gundam tropes a lot and subverts expectations all over the place, but then second season is like nah fuck that and ends up being practically a remake of Zeta.

the movie is where the real shit is
Mar 10, 2018 4:07 PM

Sep 2011
I would like to take this time to personally apologize to gundam age, it is so much better than seed destiny its not even funny even with its problems.

fst said:
Tenth said:

tenth thats a wewlad

JizzyHitler said:

First season IMO is way better than SEED original.

It's just that 1st season plays around with gundam tropes a lot and subverts expectations all over the place, but then second season is like nah fuck that and ends up being practically a remake of Zeta.

the movie is where the real shit is
so its reverse ibo, where ibo season 1 played it safe and then season 2 was pretty much flipping 079 and longstanding tropes on its head.

that sounds disappointing, but not series ruining to me, ill be honest the season 2 flack has always sounded a bit exaggerated to me i doubt it could make me dislike the show. Trailblazer.....maybe.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 10, 2018 4:17 PM

Jul 2010
be ready for this shit on repeat cuz you'll hear it all the time

Mar 10, 2018 4:21 PM

Nov 2014

Mar 10, 2018 4:24 PM

Sep 2011
Tenth said:
be ready for this shit on repeat cuz you'll hear it all the time

to be fair pretty much all the gundam shows have this issue, though for some reason the one in victory i never grew tired of even though it played almost every episode

I feel like ibo was one of the only ones i didnt notice the sountrack repeating too much, mainly cause it almost entirely used new songs for season 2 even though they were mostly renditions of mikazuki's theme. Didnt notice too much repeat in turn-A save for 1 song that was used far too much but hey its yoko kanno so it was fine.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 10, 2018 4:27 PM

Mar 2012

Never forget.
Mar 10, 2018 4:30 PM

Mar 2013
Tenth pls

Musically this was the best part of 00

I think this is still my favourite Gundam OP
CkanMar 10, 2018 5:16 PM
Mar 10, 2018 4:33 PM

Sep 2013
fst said:
Tenth pls

Musically this was the best part of 00

[yt]xChqT5_o50o[/ y t]

I think this is still my favourite Gundam OP

Don't think someone who hasn't even seen ZZ has any say in the best Gundam openings
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime Thought of The Day..? V.25: ded and forgotten

Botato - May 8, 2022

34 by ReaperCreeper »»
Apr 20, 8:08 PM

» If you could get every regular in the club to watch one anime of your choosing, what would you pick and why?

TripleSRank - Apr 8, 2017

45 by DreamingGhost »»
Jun 2, 2023 5:02 AM

Sticky: » [Possible Spoilers] Most Overrated/Underrated Anime V. 5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ckan - Sep 19, 2014

3375 by DreamingGhost »»
Jun 2, 2023 4:11 AM

Sticky: » An Important Announcement To Lurkers

Kokko - Mar 15, 2015

30 by LeonhartAugust »»
Dec 27, 2018 8:16 PM

Sticky: » [OFFICIAL] O/U Simulwatch/read thread

Ckan - Oct 3, 2016

41 by LeonhartAugust »»
Dec 27, 2018 8:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.