Forum Settings
Forums

Should niqabs be allowed in non-muslim countries?

New
Mar 10, 2018 7:56 AM

Apr 2014
The niqab is a garment of clothing that conceals a muslim woman's face, as a means of practicing 'modesty', but I've also heard that it's supposed to stop men from being attracted to their physical features; however, a lot of controversy has arisen in western countries about the use of this piece of clothing, ranging from casual discrimination to fearing that they are potential terrorists.

Discuss.

Btw what do you think of turbans?

Mod edit: removed bait
BrandonMar 13, 2018 11:45 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 10, 2018 8:23 AM

May 2016
I misread that word as niggas at first. And no I don't think niqabs is a good idea, for security reasons. Idgaf about Turbans
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Mar 10, 2018 8:39 AM
Oct 2017
who gives a shit what people wear
you dont need to conceal your guns in your clothes to shoot up a school
Mar 10, 2018 8:48 AM

Nov 2008
No, it's too much and full face coverings can lead to security concerns especially in the United States.

Mar 10, 2018 8:57 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
I would say no if the country already has a law against such clothing.

I don't mind turbans though as they don't cover the face, same goes for hijabs.

Bambi said:
I've also heard that it's supposed to stop men from being attracted to their physical features

Total bullshit, it doesn't stop anything, if one of the girls that I like puts such clothing I'll most likely get even more turned on and impatient to see what's under it.

Mar 10, 2018 9:05 AM

Apr 2016
Nope, of course not, what's with the question OP ?

But turbans are cool.
Mar 10, 2018 9:07 AM

Apr 2014
Depends on the countries law, if a country claims to have freedoms and allows for religious expression then sure. If a country isn't pretending to be for multiculturalism then muslims should find somewhere else to live.
Mar 10, 2018 9:15 AM

Oct 2015
Bambi said:
The niqab is a garment of clothing that conceals a muslim woman's face, as a means of practicing 'modesty'.

OP, where did you get this idea from?
Mar 10, 2018 9:22 AM

Dec 2016
If you want the freedom to walk down town with a clown mask on then niqabs should be allowed to.
Mar 10, 2018 9:35 AM

Jan 2018
In Islam, females are required to conceal their whole body, leaving only face, hands and feet (below ankle) as stated in Quran. They can wear anything as a way to cover it. As for niqab, the face conceal means nothing more than as you said, to practice modesty and keeping a jealous husband happy. Black color would reduce the urge to think of them in a perverted way and in Arabian country like the desert area, black color helps to wear off the heat.

According to Islam, female or male should also avoid eye contact for a prolonged time because it would invoke sexual desire and be considered as a sin. Nothing harmless about turbans unless you hate Muslims of course.
Mar 10, 2018 9:35 AM

Jun 2015
Cbr_Star said:
If you want the freedom to walk down town with a clown mask on then niqabs should be allowed to.
cuz they ar ethe same thing, right.

the clown religion is just as oppressive and invasive.
Mar 10, 2018 9:44 AM
Jul 2016
Allowed in general? Uh... sure. If I can wear my face-concealing Boba Fett hoodie or my Tokyo Ghoul mask in public, I don't see why they can't wear their face fabric.

However, I'd advise exercising careful judgement in where they're worn. I quickly discovered wearing my face-concealing Boba Fett hoodie into a Subway was a bad idea. (The lady behind the counter nearly had a heart attack.)

Also, institutions shouldn't be forced to allow masked people into their premises. If the movie theater won't let me wear my Tokyo Ghoul mask to a flippin' Halloween party that's being hosted inside (which, admittedly, isn't completely unreasonable,) it makes perfect sense for them to be free to tell someone to take off their niqab.

And in answer to the final bit: Yes, turbans are awesome. Ol' bin Laden can't change that.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Mar 10, 2018 9:54 AM

Jul 2017
Sure, they should be allowed to wear whatever they want as long as they are not harming others.
Mar 10, 2018 10:37 AM

May 2012

Maybe for ugly people, of both genders. Not the hotties.

Men Are From Mars, 
Women Are From Venus 
and Gays Are From Uranus

Mar 10, 2018 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
No. I think a full face viel is unnecessary and stupid, and moreover the woman is usually forced into wearing it. It doesn’t look comfortable and serves little purpose. Hell, I’d ban full face veils being forced upon women in middle eastern countries as well, if I could.

Most female Muslims in the US I’ve known, met and seen wear a hijab. I don’t have a problem with hijabs. The hijab is usually something that the woman often chooses to wear, the niqab usually isn’t. Turbans are also fine.
removed-userMar 10, 2018 12:49 PM
Mar 10, 2018 2:52 PM

Aug 2009
Bambi said:
The niqab is a garment of clothing that conceals a muslim woman's face, as a means of practicing 'modesty', but I've also heard that it's supposed to stop men from being attracted to their physical features; however, a lot of controversy has arisen in western countries about the use of this piece of clothing, ranging from casual discrimination to fearing that they are potential terrorists.

Discuss.

Btw what do you think of turbans?

As long as they are not driving with it on, take it off for ID,passport or driver's license photos and take it off while testifying in court or take it off in security sensitive areas I don't care if they wear it.

Mod edit: removed bait from original post
BrandonMar 13, 2018 11:44 PM
Mar 10, 2018 3:33 PM

Dec 2008
It depends on if the women wearing it is butt ugly or a ravishing beauty.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Mar 10, 2018 3:39 PM

Mar 2014
Hmmmmmm

Do I support wahhabism and people wearing balaclavas in public?

No

So they shouldn’t be allowed
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 10, 2018 4:13 PM

Apr 2011
Niqabs make me think of ninjas and assassins so I think it's on the same level as wearing a SWAT gear; if you're gonna go out wearing one, you're obligated to jump on roofs only.

And turbans make me think of genies so if I start caressing you, you can only blame yourself. All I want is my 3 wishes.
yomachiMar 10, 2018 5:02 PM
Mar 10, 2018 4:23 PM

Jul 2007
Why do people make such a whopping great big deal about cloth?
Mar 10, 2018 6:03 PM

Mar 2008
Of course they should be allowed in the sense of not outlawing it. It's just clothes. That would be stupid to ban. Some limitation for certain situations is understandable though but same rules should apply to all similar things like ski masks. What should be banned is forcing people to wear certain clothes. It should be discouraged though since it has negative health consequences from vitamin D deficiency and it promotes Wahabism.

Turbans aren't a Muslim head-dress. That's a common misunderstanding. It's a cultural thing in some mid east countries. It's the Sikhs that wear turbons for religious reasons. I always liked turbans though. They look pretty cool.
Mar 11, 2018 8:49 AM

Apr 2014
bitchassdarius said:
But it would sure help!

Swagernator said:
Nope, of course not, what's with the question OP ?

But turbans are cool.
This is a serious issue; think of the children.

hazecloud said:
In Islam, females are required to conceal their whole body, leaving only face, hands and feet (below ankle) as stated in Quran. They can wear anything as a way to cover it. As for niqab, the face conceal means nothing more than as you said, to practice modesty and keeping a jealous husband happy. Black color would reduce the urge to think of them in a perverted way and in Arabian country like the desert area, black color helps to wear off the heat.

According to Islam, female or male should also avoid eye contact for a prolonged time because it would invoke sexual desire and be considered as a sin. Nothing harmless about turbans unless you hate Muslims of course.
Very enlightening! However, I thought that wearing black in the sun makes you feel hotter...

Viltas said:
As a german dude who practically sees this at least 5 times a day nowadays I really don't approve of this, for obvious reasons listed above. It gives you a certain uncertainty as well, I just don't feel safe around fully covered people. I don't mind turbans.
I feel the same way. I feel like because they are extreme in covering themselves up that they'll also be extreme in other areas, like bombing or shooting non-Muslims

Scud said:
Cloth can be a tool used for concealing weapons or even strangling people with. Don't play dumb.
traed said:
Of course they should be allowed in the sense of not outlawing it. It's just clothes. That would be stupid to ban. Some limitation for certain situations is understandable though but same rules should apply to all similar things like ski masks. What should be banned is forcing people to wear certain clothes. It should be discouraged though since it has negative health consequences from vitamin D deficiency and it promotes Wahabism.

Turbans aren't a Muslim head-dress. That's a common misunderstanding. It's a cultural thing in some mid east countries. It's the Sikhs that wear turbons for religious reasons. I always liked turbans though. They look pretty cool.
I never said that turbans were a muslim head-dress >:C
Mar 11, 2018 8:55 AM

May 2013
Yeah man you gotta let niggas chill yo. Oh that says Niqabs. Don't mind those either, they look pretty cool. Saw a lady with one on the highway the other afternoon shit looks awesome lol.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Mar 11, 2018 8:57 AM

Mar 2017
Nope, when you move to another country you have to follow the rules of that country, you cannot force other to do what you did in your country.
Mar 11, 2018 9:06 AM
Aug 2017
I'm not sure... They might just want to cover up everything, but it is not completely safe to allow them either. Turbans are ok though
Mar 11, 2018 9:07 AM
Oct 2017
Bambi said:
bitchassdarius said:
But it would sure help!

no it wouldn't, if anything, it would make you look more conspicuous
do you know what the florida school shooter did after finishing shooting? he fled the scene by blending in with the rest of the students
Mar 11, 2018 9:08 AM

Apr 2014
Gan_water said:
Yeah man you gotta let niggas chill yo. Oh that says Niqabs. Don't mind those either, they look pretty cool. Saw a lady with one on the highway the other afternoon shit looks awesome lol.
I bet you secretly think they look like shit.

Purezensu said:
Nope, when you move to another country you have to follow the rules of that country, you cannot force other to do what you did in your country.
I think countries go too far with multiculturalism at the expense of neglecting their people. For example, here in Australia some shops don't play Christmas carols in shopping centres because they're afraid of offending muslims. I also remember an instance at a public pool, where workers closed the female dressing room because a muslim family wanted to be alone in there, so other ppl couldn't use it...
Mar 11, 2018 9:11 AM

Jul 2007
Bambi said:
Scud said:
Cloth can be a tool used for concealing weapons or even strangling people with. Don't play dumb.
Yeah? So can your hands. So can an umbrella. So can a piano. So can cars. Just about everything can be used in one way or another to kill somebody. Hardly matters what you're wearing when you can just pull a few guns out of your car and start spraying bullets everywhere.
Mar 11, 2018 9:11 AM

May 2013
Bambi said:
Gan_water said:

I think they look p lit yo. Really adds some color to the scene ;_;
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Mar 11, 2018 9:22 AM

Apr 2014
bitchassdarius said:
Bambi said:
But it would sure help!

do you know what the florida school shooter did after finishing shooting? he fled the scene by blending in with the rest of the students
But because people are afraid of offending muslims (at the chance they will do something crazy) they are afraid to go up to them. Niqabs sure make them stand out, but in a different way; they're also intimidating and give off unapproachable vibes.

Scud said:
Bambi said:
Yeah? So can your hands. So can an umbrella. So can a piano. So can cars. Just about everything can be used in one way or another to kill somebody. Hardly matters what you're wearing when you can just pull a few guns out of your car and start spraying bullets everywhere.
In that case you can argue, 'why make a big deal about guns? Just cause you own one doesn't mean you're gonna use it to kill'

Gan_water said:
Bambi said:

I think they look p lit yo. Really adds some color to the scene ;_;
It's nice to see the truth coming out C:
BambiMar 11, 2018 9:25 AM
Mar 11, 2018 9:27 AM

Apr 2011
It should be illegal

there could be a bomb in there.
Mar 11, 2018 9:27 AM
Oct 2017
Bambi said:
bitchassdarius said:

But because people are afraid of offending muslims (at the chance they will do something crazy) they are afraid to go up to them. Niqabs sure make them stand out, but they're also intimidating and give off unapproachable vibes.

that irrational fear is all on you. white teen males are more likely to massacre than muslim women in niqabs.
Mar 11, 2018 9:30 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Scud said:
Bambi said:

It's more like hiding your face really. Wearing masks and similar disguise is already banned in many counties. Just imagine entering a bank for example with such clothing, you can't be even sure if the person inside it is a muslim woman, neo-nazi extremist or a potential school shooter. I believe that those things are valuable to muslims but they can be easily abused by criminals.

What's worse is that the criminal can easily vanish into a crowd of innocent people who are also wearing them which may lead to other serious complications. Security cameras also wound't help much.

I don't know, maybe my posts stopped making sense long ago.
Mar 11, 2018 9:31 AM

Apr 2014
bitchassdarius said:
Bambi said:
But because people are afraid of offending muslims (at the chance they will do something crazy) they are afraid to go up to them. Niqabs sure make them stand out, but they're also intimidating and give off unapproachable vibes.

that irrational fear is all on you. white teen males are more likely to massacre than muslim women in niqabs.
That may be true, but it's natural to fear the unknown. When someone's identity is covered it makes you wonder who the person is, or what 'it' is.
Mar 11, 2018 9:34 AM
Oct 2017
Bambi said:
bitchassdarius said:

That may be true, but it's natural to fear the unknown. When someone's identity is covered it makes you wonder who the person is, or what 'it' is.

so? do you sleep with a nightlight because being in the dark is scary? here's the solution: grow up.
Mar 11, 2018 9:40 AM

Apr 2014
149597871 said:
Scud said:

It's more like hiding your face really. Wearing masks and similar disguise is already banned in many counties. Just imagine entering a bank for example with such clothing, you can't be even sure if the person inside it is a muslim woman, neo-nazi extremist or a potential school shooter. I believe that those things are valuable to muslims but they can be easily abused by criminals.

What's worse is that the criminal can easily vanish into a crowd of innocent people who are also wearing them which may lead to other serious complications. Security cameras also wound't help much.

I don't know, maybe my posts stopped making sense long ago.
I wonder what bank workers would actually do if someone was wearing a niqab in the store.

bitchassdarius said:
Bambi said:

so? do you sleep with a nightlight because being in the dark is scary? here's the solution: grow up.
Tbh I actually do have a fear of the dark to a certain extent. xD
Mar 11, 2018 9:44 AM

Jan 2018
Coming from someone like me who gets sweaty easily, black color helps to reduce the heat for me. Moisture from sweat helps to neutralize the heat accumulated. You'll be sweating more with a non black color and again, bright colors would attract males attention. I also find my sweat less visible for people to notice. A better explanation ; a black object absorbs all wavelengths of light and reflects none and that's why it appears black. Consequently, black absorbs the most heat. Credits to Ganesh Subramaniam. @Bambi

Reference: https://www.quora.com/Why-do-black-objects-absorb-more-heat-energy-than-white-or-colored-objects
Mar 11, 2018 2:07 PM

Mar 2008
Bambi said:

traed said:

I never said that turbans were a muslim head-dress >:C

Yeah but you used Osama Bin Laden as your example so I was just saying it for anyone who might be thinking that, not necisarily you since I didn't know if you did.

I have seen women wearing niqabs where I live. They kind of startle you since it's this big sheet of darkness moving by lol
Mar 11, 2018 2:23 PM

Oct 2015
In Turkey a common slang word secular people use for women who wear niqab is "ninja". I think this ridicule is justified though as they hold extremist values like homosexuals should be killed or women should be treated like second class citizen.
Mar 11, 2018 5:41 PM

Feb 2008
No, and anyone who holds extremist Islamic views (which would apply to almost everyone who thinks wearing the Niqab is a good idea) should be banned from non-Islamic countries to begin with.
Mar 11, 2018 6:22 PM

Mar 2016
Honestly i don't care, its not like it affects me.
Mar 11, 2018 7:28 PM

Jun 2016
Bambi said:

The fact that they're black and menacing doesn't help their case.

Discuss.

So I'm Muslim and female and the amount of niqabis I know I can count on my hand. It's not that common for it to be an issue. If it's about identification, then it's normal for them to show their face. They would do this in Muslim countries as well.

It's not an issue. More people tend to wear it whenever governments try to ban it, so it's just making more niqabis. But I do know of people who stopped wearing it due to fear of people harassing them. The sad fact is that a niqabi will probably be attacked more than them being the attacker.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Mar 11, 2018 8:47 PM

Aug 2016
Valaskjalf said:
It should be illegal

there could be a bomb in there.

There could also be a bomb in your mail. Y'never know.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Mar 11, 2018 9:22 PM

Dec 2012
Meh. I wear a balaclava in the winter because it keeps my entire face warm. I'm sure I come off as far more intimidating for it, but I'm not freezing for your feelings:
Mar 11, 2018 9:29 PM

Apr 2011
Bayek said:
Meh. I wear a balaclava in the winter because it keeps my entire face warm. I'm sure I come off as far more intimidating for it, but I'm not freezing for your feelings:
I actually think that one’s okay. I mean what concealed weapon could you actually hide on your face like that?
Mar 12, 2018 2:40 AM

Jan 2009
it should be banned but im irreligious so im bias on this
Mar 12, 2018 3:20 AM

Jul 2016
The question should be, should Muslims be allowed to be in White Nations, when the host population clearly doesn't want them there.
Mar 12, 2018 3:23 AM

Jan 2009
Nyu said:
The question should be, should Muslims be allowed to be in White Nations, when the host population clearly doesn't want them there.

you seem to be more insane than me keep repeating the same thing and expecting different result lol
Mar 12, 2018 3:39 AM

Mar 2014
Nyu said:
Muslim is not a race or skin color, so your sentence makes no sense. Ever heard of Bosnia and Albania?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 12, 2018 3:46 AM

Apr 2013
That kind of full face covering isn't allowed in public places in france (outside of specific situations) for security reasons, no matter if they come from a religion or not.
And that's the right decision.

As for the turban, there's no problem with that one, so it's fine.
ZefyrisMar 12, 2018 3:50 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

41 by ShimmyShimmur »»
47 seconds ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

668 by Hitagi__Furude »»
53 minutes ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

14 by R-unknown »»
1 hour ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - 12 hours ago

23 by Rhaelynne »»
2 hours ago

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - 9 hours ago

11 by Adverrito »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.