Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2018 3:09 PM

Jun 2017
Is it only me or are they intentionally raising death flags like it was no ones business?

Overall a mediocre episode.
More drama, the backstory was nice, still no lore building.
2/5
Mar 10, 2018 3:14 PM

Nov 2013
and Ichigo is added to my favorite girls blog lol

was a fun episode, but Goro trying to selfdestruct and Ichigo arriving at the last second, was a little forced haha
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 10, 2018 3:16 PM
Jul 2017
So the cliffhanger last episode wasnt a cliffhanger at all?? I dont get it, thougt it would pick up were 8 left of but i guess not.
And did we just see somebody get partnerzoned??
Mar 10, 2018 3:29 PM

Feb 2015
This episode made no sense what so ever, putting yourself and your partner at risk to save a colleague, then choosing to lose control of the robot by ejecting your partner and killing yourself to defeat the treat.

That would make Ichigo without a partner, did Goro really think this through, after this episode, i'm categorizing him as one of the other bad characters in Darling in the Franxx, this seemed like one of those people that like to be put in harms way or pretends to be hurt, just to see if the partner really cares about them.

Also, Ichigo swimming inside the beast, :S, that made even less sense.

If Goro hadn't ejected Ichigo, the episode would've had only 5 minutes.

2/5

Mar 10, 2018 3:32 PM

Jul 2015
Anyone else think the part where he was stuck in the klaxo is exactly like that Evangelion episode where Shinji was inside an angel?
Mar 10, 2018 3:36 PM

Feb 2015
AyumiVk said:
@Tomlora

Thing is, people need to understand that Zero Two is not the only main character, as there are 9 other ones. They are not there to be just background characters, and people who think like that piss me off, i mean if they just want to see her in the screen then they can just seach for her fanarts and whatever they want since this is not Zero Two The Anime.
I do like her a lot, i am just triggered for seeing people acting like this.

If they are all main characters, shouldn't more work be put on creating them? There are 2 tsundere characters and then there is the fat kid, which is only that, the fat kid that is shown eating every other episode.
The rest of the team are comprised of nhé, mediocre and okay characters.

Mar 10, 2018 3:43 PM
Oct 2015
Someone needs to die in this series soon. Ichigo would make a lot of sense and would be a good motivation for the team.
Mar 10, 2018 3:59 PM
Sep 2015
uninstallthegame said:
raph589 said:
NGE also very heavily relied on this theme, and it's still talked about today and considered a masterpiece by many.
And yes, there WAS worldbuilding and plot development in this episode (mostly the scene where they get gifts), just like every week. It's just really subtle and not "in your face"). Keep in mind this is a 24 episodes show and a lot can happen yet. Most of NGE (to keep the comparison going)'s episodes were monster of the week format until the plot really started moving forward.

please don't compare these two shows, most likely you will get shit from the fanboys over here. i personally don't find much resemblance between them

You're putting your head in the sand if you deny that this show isn't heavily influenced by Evangelion, and that it follows a very similar formula up to now...
Mar 10, 2018 3:59 PM
Feb 2014
Okay... Won't lie... Kind of disappointed with this episode. Hopefully things pick up next week.
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Mar 10, 2018 4:00 PM

Dec 2015
Some ppl dislike the episodes because short 02-016 screentime ,the other char need screen time as well. Good to see tha strelizia is not so op today and doesnt deliver the finishing blow .
Im waiting for some dark stuff as well like the truth about what they really are or character death which i expect to be episode 15 up
Mar 10, 2018 4:14 PM

Dec 2017
raph589 said:
uninstallthegame said:

please don't compare these two shows, most likely you will get shit from the fanboys over here. i personally don't find much resemblance between them

You're putting your head in the sand if you deny that this show isn't heavily influenced by Evangelion, and that it follows a very similar formula up to now...

nah, i just don't want you to get attacked by raged fanboys protecting their sacred evangelion. i couldn't care less about these two shows. the only similarity i found is pilots and mechas, other than that it's completely different
Mar 10, 2018 4:15 PM

Jun 2016
Goro to sacrifice himself just to kill that klaxosaur... Dang man. Maybe he didn't know that if he killed himself Ichigo will be alone without his partner but okay he will be killed anyway if he will not take any action inside that

There is a short screentime between Zero Two and Hiro but that's okay since the other characters need screentime. Ichigo and Goro is one of the characters I really like in this series ;;
But it feels like they are raising the tragedy flags all over again, will they be killing one character in the next few episodes
mdrtbh_Mar 10, 2018 4:18 PM
Mar 10, 2018 4:15 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
It was sweet of Hiro to give something to 02, but I wonder if the mirror would mean something later on seeing at how it was broken in the OP

Goro raised the death flag, I thought they would kill him off, but I'm glad he didn't die because that would be a waste of good development.
It was cute of him to confess his feelings & finally give her the hair clip!
Also kid Ichigo was cute ;;

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Mar 10, 2018 4:38 PM

Sep 2013
raph589 said:
uninstallthegame said:

The similarities are superficial at best, the shows are both tonally and in substance quite different apart from the "monster of the week" plot and child soldiers, which NGE did not come up with

I like both anime, but can't really understand why people keep on drawing the parallels between these two anime when they aren't particularly close
Mar 10, 2018 4:49 PM
Jun 2017
Angel942 said:
I was expecting a relatively big development for 02 / hiro from the pw ... I'm a little disappointed
Same thing for me, I wanted to them to have development more.
Mar 10, 2018 4:52 PM

Oct 2014
So we're in the pair episodes, starting wth a new ship.

Btw that's too cliche..
Cliche in a way that Goro chat with Ichigo when he was stuck is so boring and basically spoils to you the every detail of the episode after that. I know that it's not about the dramatic effect, but it's more about that they're trying to develop the relationship between Goro and Ichigo there, but this episode relies on that whole "one of the pair save the other" prince (or, in this case, princess) thing. Very standard lol.
But worse, is that bcs the process of that "saving" thing the two of them did was without real risk at all (other than drowning ofc,) this episode lacks... suspense. From an action genre perspective, that's bad.
From drama perspective, too, the development for Goro isn't really interesting, bcs they haven't tell us more than what was foreshadowed on the previous episodes.

But I do hope that this isn't the end for this pair (and the trio of Hiro-Ichigo-Goro) arc.
No way you leave Goro hanging since you have 24 episodes to build a proper triangle. (well, technically it's a square with 02, but for now she's mostly irrelevant.)
Revvie-chanMar 10, 2018 4:57 PM
Mar 10, 2018 4:53 PM

May 2015
uninstallthegame said:
again, the happy ending was too much. building all this intensity to destroy the klaxosaur just in 5 seconds was really stupid

To be honest, that part bothered me as well. It sure as hell looked like a predicament and that they were going to have a hard time with this Klaxosaur. But getting Ichigo inside that thing was an easy feat, and once she entered the FranXX again - it was over fast without much effort.

Other than that, enjoyed the episode, though.

Mar 10, 2018 5:02 PM

Apr 2015
Some good relationship building for Ichigo and Goro this episode and also good to see more of their past as kids together with Hiro. Goro confessed his feelings about Ichigo... Something Ichigo didn't manage to pull off yet. Eventho I do like Ichigo a lot, more than Zero Two so far.
Mar 10, 2018 5:12 PM

Jun 2016
SteelingMax said:
AyumiVk said:
@Tomlora

Thing is, people need to understand that Zero Two is not the only main character, as there are 9 other ones. They are not there to be just background characters, and people who think like that piss me off, i mean if they just want to see her in the screen then they can just seach for her fanarts and whatever they want since this is not Zero Two The Anime.
I do like her a lot, i am just triggered for seeing people acting like this.

If they are all main characters, shouldn't more work be put on creating them? There are 2 tsundere characters and then there is the fat kid, which is only that, the fat kid that is shown eating every other episode.
The rest of the team are comprised of nhé, mediocre and okay characters.

There are characters with more screentime than others within the 10 of them, and yes Futoshi unfornatly is the one who has the least. Up to now he has only been seen eating and didnt even have a lot of lines during the episodes. However, we are still on episode 9 and this anime is going to have two cours, which is a lot of time for develop the character.. and not just him, but the others as well.
Mar 10, 2018 5:22 PM

Nov 2017
Wasn't too sure about this when I started watching,but damn,has it got good.
The mecha designs didn't really do it for me at first,but they've grown on me.
What I do like is the way they are all reacting to one another,its just got better and better.
What I love(apart from Zero Two,she's a complex hottie),is the opening song,its bloody awesome!
All in all,I'm looking forward to how this progresses.
Mar 10, 2018 5:28 PM

Jan 2009
Goro X Ichigo ship has sailed
Mar 10, 2018 5:31 PM

Mar 2012
Good episode. Somewhat of a friendzone by Ichigo but there's still hope for Gorou. I'm just glad that Gorou realized his own feelings and confessed. Problem I guess is how this affects their ability to pilot since there has to be a reason why only kids could pilot Franxx and they were denied all knowledge about love and all that.

Other thought: it's actually really puzzling how Zorome is still around. Every time he just fucks up by going too far ahead and drags people down with him. It's really fucking insane too how he hasn't learned his lesson by now since this wasn't the first time he placed others at risk.
Mar 10, 2018 5:43 PM

Dec 2016
the best SLICE OF LIFE/ROMANCE of the season

so many couples to work with

prepare ur ships guys
Mar 10, 2018 5:59 PM

Sep 2017
Nice episode focusing on Ichigo and Goro, but I feel like it could have been avoided if they just had coordinated attacks and Zorome didn't charge in like a dumbass.
Mar 10, 2018 6:03 PM

Nov 2012
So Goro finally stopped being a total wuss, nice.
Jaywalker.
Mar 10, 2018 6:08 PM
Sep 2017
I hate the fucking love drama in this anime.. I just want to see my man hiro and bae zero two kick some ass. I dont care about the side character bullshit.

Mar 10, 2018 6:15 PM

Dec 2015
More character development :) Plot was kind of weak, particularly with Goro's backstory + the fight was lacking hype.
~
Mar 10, 2018 6:22 PM

Oct 2017
Another meh episode. I like Goro though so I didn't hate it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2018 6:41 PM
Sep 2014
my fucking heart hurts, goddammit
Mar 10, 2018 6:59 PM

Mar 2013
Someone has to DIE already, C'mon!!!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 10, 2018 7:01 PM

Dec 2016
Svylfnir said:
Angel942 said:
I was expecting a relatively big development for 02 / hiro from the pw ... I'm a little disappointed
Same thing for me, I wanted to them to have development more.

Same here.

This might be one of the best episodes in the series so far, in terms of having all the elements of plot and character development that have been missing or inconsistent. So that's nice. But I'm getting very annoyed with the continued lack of 02 development. Considering the degree to which she is plastered all over the promotional materials and OP, she gets very little screen time. It really feels like she is in the series just to string people along so they'll keep watching.
SSL443Mar 10, 2018 7:17 PM
Mar 10, 2018 7:09 PM
Nov 2011
I don't understand why people are complaining about the love drama and lack of deaths...

The teen drama is a key part of the show. The show is driven by it's characters, rather than the world. They are nothing more than a disposable squad, they have no power or control at all, they aren't going to save the world or anything like that. Hell they aren't even a skilled squad despite having two characters in the 10s and 002 is easily carrying them.

As for deaths, the deaths will only truly mean something if the characters are fully fleshed out and we get attached to them. To me, Goro has so far been my favorite character. He's just an absolute bro and seems like an amazing friend to have. I'm super glad he didn't die today, and got to at least confess before his inevitable demise.

If I had to pick a flaw with the anime...it would be that while I do love these episodes, there won't be enough time to flesh out both the world and the cast in the remaining time... Especially since it does seem like a very interesting world. But alas, on a destroyed earth, what difference can a single squad make. I expect a few more episodes showing the relationships between the other pairs, and then the killing them off one by one and watching how they all react. 5/5 episode for me
Mar 10, 2018 7:53 PM
Aug 2014
Hmm, as i said before, i expect the story to turn dark soon. However, it wasnt the case in this week. It still focuses on building character relationships.
And i felt sick of the repetitive trend of happy ending and weekly klaxosaur. ( the song when ichigo get back to delphinium and pilot it out of the klaxosaur made me cringe so hard and its not a good thing)
Okay, klaxosaur come out, the squad defeat it and yay we have a happy ending by the end of each episode. Are we watching some kind of superman or ultraman show? Why cant the klaxosaur survive more than 1 episode?
Can Darling in the fran do something different? Like pushing the show towards something darker? -like character deaths or rebellion against papa.
And seriously enough with building character relationships and fillers!. Time to move the plot. The plot wasnt moving at all!
As much as i like Goro, im dissapointed with this episode.

Im going to drop this series if:
a) we have weekly klaxosaur and have happy ending for the next 4-5 weeks (ultraman or superman like show for 5 years old kids)
b) every episode focuses on building relationships- like next would be zorome and miku, futoshi kokoro - as this is not a slice of life anime.

As much as i love this series, i have to reduce my rating from 10 to 8. If the show continues like this, im going to drop my rating by 2 every week.
Mar 10, 2018 7:55 PM

Jul 2009
So are we not gonna talk about how when Ichigo dived into that klaxsaur fluid stuff she first had a mask/helmet thing to protect her. Then as she’s swimming she doesn’t have it but yet it looks like her suit is suffering damage. Um, so why didn’t her face burn or something?
Mar 10, 2018 8:01 PM
Sep 2017
No stop Hiros supposed to have all the bitches. Not glasses man dammit.
Mar 10, 2018 8:02 PM
Sep 2017
Inugirlz said:
So are we not gonna talk about how when Ichigo dived into that klaxsaur fluid stuff she first had a mask/helmet thing to protect her. Then as she’s swimming she doesn’t have it but yet it looks like her suit is suffering damage. Um, so why didn’t her face burn or something?
I think the vaporised fuel caused the damage not the fluid.
Mar 10, 2018 8:23 PM

Jul 2016
Duri1n said:
Okay... Won't lie... Kind of disappointed with this episode. Hopefully things pick up next week.

I am the same.

Are we going to get this relationship shit with all the partners?
Mar 10, 2018 8:29 PM

Jan 2013
What a nice name for this episode xD
Ichigo was very cute in this episode, especially in the last moments and i think that Goro enjoyed the moment ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 10, 2018 8:46 PM

Dec 2016
KuromeJane95 said:
Can Darling in the fran do something different? Like pushing the show towards something darker? -like character deaths or rebellion against papa.

Agreed. I keep expecting the main conflict to take the spotlight, but things have been aimless since episode 6.

I was really expecting that at the end they would cut to Dr. Franxx watching Ichigo and Goro on a monitor and stroking his beard or chuckling or something. Like, to at least remind us that he is still observing them. Buuut... nothing.
Mar 10, 2018 9:03 PM
Jun 2017
Vindicater said:
Duri1n said:

I am the same.

Are we going to get this relationship shit with all the partners?

well from the looks of it, probably. the dead give away is both partners piloting a franXX in their teens. so theirs that
Fire Emblem anime when
Mar 10, 2018 10:10 PM
Mar 2018
The good thing about this episode is that we are not focusing on our main character hiro. Dude already has his spotlight but there was a little bit of development of his relationship with his partner 02. Anyways this episode isn't about them.

+I like how ichigo understands goro and his flaws and I like how goro already confesses to ichigo. Most animes i'd watch dont do that a lot (I dont watch a lot of anime) and i think its good that episode 9 decide to do this especially when the world they live in have a different way of using love and relationship

-sadly I thought goro's love for ichigo was simple or more simple and that's all i can say about it. I had more interest in 02 when she was looking at the mirror.

My opinions could change since this anime is still progressing but overall this episode was a good and probably great one
Mar 10, 2018 10:22 PM
Nov 2013
So anyone else saw the foreshadowing about the mirror Hiro gave to ZeroTwk and a similar Mirror in the OP song that broken
Mar 10, 2018 10:42 PM

Sep 2017
Great episode goro is the best girl
Triangle bomb huh ?
Writers know exactly what they are doing to us...

ボールルームダンサー
Mar 10, 2018 10:47 PM
Jul 2015
This episode proves that Franxx is in the same genre of series/shows/stories from Japan where the MC has only one single OTP Pairing/GF with one girl only, without any harems for any male characters. Therefore, Franxx is in the same category of other non-harem series with OTP canon pairings, like Rakudai Kishi and Kenja no Mago.

I hope that there will be many more new Light Novels and Web Novels from Japan in the future that follows this same non-harem genre setting like those 3 series I mentioned above where the MC only has one girl, and other male and female characters are paired with their own lovers.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Mar 10, 2018 10:52 PM

Dec 2012
WOW. This episode is so heartwarming
AND... Goro is still alive POGGERS

Mar 10, 2018 11:45 PM

May 2017
I hate this NTR shit 1/10 if 15x56 happens

Anyone else noticed our dumb af mc looks at ichigo differently? After goro says he love ichigo? I gotta feeling our dumb af mc will realize he actually likes ichigo instead and it's actually platonic to zero two

Also the fact that Kokoro and Mitsuru are being implied heavily and hinted much while having different partners means 15xhiro is still very much alive
Mar 10, 2018 11:47 PM
Jun 2013
i love the name of this episode, b/c it really was a "triangle bomb"...... of love between the 3
Mar 11, 2018 12:37 AM
Nov 2017
No one's mentioning the desperate act of self-preservation by Zorome? He wanted no part of that argument.
Mar 11, 2018 12:59 AM

May 2016
Loved how Goro is honest with his feelings unlike other cliche anime out there.
Mar 11, 2018 1:45 AM

Sep 2013
Ichigo is ♥.....
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Yesterday, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Yesterday, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

597 by akiramado19 »»
Apr 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

328 by Aazoka »»
Apr 6, 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.