Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Killing Bites
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2018 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the tiger guy is going all out in this fight.

Hitomi seems to be going all out in this fight too although I felt it was too fast. Meh, the bunny girl's victory felt like a fluke. It just felt like she was at the right place at the right time to make her move.

Mar 9, 2018 10:37 AM
Sep 2015
I know for a while (due to accident exposure to spoiler) that it's Pangolin (at first I read from auto-translation as Dragon, which is quite amazing but too fantasy).

And I kinda able to predict the rest of the season, Pangolin defeat Tiger, and Ratel power up and defeat Pangolin, not sure about other Brutes though.

Tiger is my crush, but I've to admit that Pangolin body is quite hot too!
Mar 9, 2018 10:38 AM

Jan 2012
Pangolin? What the fuck is a pangolin? XD Well I'm sure we'll see next week. And actually the name does sound vaguely familiar. Anyway another heavily padded episode. The first part in particular. Unless this magically gets another season, which it ain't, the Nomoto "development" felt kinda pointless. Escpecially considering he was both manipulated and only further stuck to his "my way of life is to let others decide my way of life" guns. I guess it is kinda interesting that this series seemed to try and make that viewpoint a good thing, since both in real life and literally any other piece of fiction I can think of living in such a way is normally looked down upon. But there was some good stuff this week too. Best-girl Ui! Sexy as fuck when she got all horny, AND she managed to get rid of civet girl! You go best-girl Ui! XD On the actual battlefield Kido arrived much earlier than I expected. This leaves the chance opened that he's actually the first of the big three defeated. It'll depend on if he can take out Tiger before Hitomi's "awakening" which the preview seemed to allude to. Because once she transforms Kido will definitely get destroyed. Just the way these kinda things tend to go. Until next week!
Mar 9, 2018 10:58 AM

Feb 2018
OK, I'll say this....
Even though this anime is 'shit' with a shitty MC, practically, no "plot" and only loads of fanservice and action....

I still like it.... Why?

The only reason is that, this anime has finally made me familiar with many unique animals, that I didn't even know, existed (Honey Badger, Gecko, etc.)

The way they describe the qualities and characteristics of each animal is also very likeable...

I basically watch this anime for this sole reason only....

Anyone else feel the same way?
Mar 9, 2018 12:17 PM

Nov 2016
Poor Yuuya,he got completely fooled

And lol,good to know that Ui is horny 24/7 xD

Kido took really best moment to enter the fight.And about him being a Pangolin, well, I was expecting anything,but not that.

Looks pretty cool,tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 9, 2018 12:24 PM

Dec 2017
Explain me how this -

can be taking on tiger without a problem. seems like bullshit to me, especially with the tail part, since they roll into a ball and expose their scales

don't get me wrong, their defense mechanism is really good, but other than that it's nothing true to reality
uninstallthegameMar 9, 2018 12:34 PM
Mar 9, 2018 12:48 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
after seeing his tail, i was like...

hes either an Armadillo Lizard or a Pangolin
Mar 9, 2018 12:49 PM
Dec 2010
Boy, I can't help but wonder how they'll try to explain how in the blue hell a Pangolin is supposed to be such a vicious threat to anyone. I mean, so far all animals that are shown as powerful or dangerous actually possess dangerous traits in reality, and those that don't posses those traits like UI are shown to be comparatively weak but overcoming that weakness through cunning. Realistically a pangolin should be on a bunny level (weak, but smart with a good defense), not stronger that a f'n tiger.
Mar 9, 2018 1:12 PM
Feb 2009
Wanted to check out what a pangolin was.
All the video have title such as "pangolin the cutest animal"... What the heck :o ?
Mar 9, 2018 1:23 PM
Mar 2016
Ho boy Nomoto was really a pussy, he just can't say "No: when he means it, no wonder he got into such deep shit, from the frying pan to the fire, he's even letting that loli zaibatsu talk him down.........too much for his stance, Yoko, that loli zaibatsu young as she is and yet soooooo evil.
Mar 9, 2018 2:48 PM

Jul 2013
I want to have babies with Ui. How she defeated civet girl with soemthing so simple was awesome. Never understimate a rabbit!

I would have never have guessed Kido would be a fucking pangolin of all things, that took be by surprise. That being said, he looks really badass in his transformed form. Never thought they would make a character that badass from a relatively harmless animal.

Yuya's decission was a let down, though. Just when it looked he was going to be awesome, Kido destroyed him, lol.

Btw, Hitomi's catchphrase hasn't been said in the episode (the flashback doesn't counts). That's a first.
Mar 9, 2018 4:36 PM
Jan 2017
This show is awful is at building up dramatic tension. At first, I sympathized with Nomoto for his insecurity and lack of decisiveness but when the time comes for him to step up; nope, it was a trick from the bad guys to get him to be overconfident. Youko taunts him that Hitomi will die because of his mistakes, but come on! Hitomi has supreme protagonist power at her disposal! It's not like Tiger or Kido have that as well. At least Ui had a better moment in showing her willpower.
Mar 9, 2018 4:39 PM

Jun 2015
How the heck is a pangolin stronger than a tiger... Hitomi is not doing so well. Kiddo is too strong with that tail and armor. His full transformation looks cool. Ui acting horny was just dumb, but at least she was smart enough to make Civet fall into that hole.
Mar 9, 2018 6:55 PM

May 2017
All the theories were wrong lol I thought about it being an armadillo but I couldn't connect the "nature loving" part that's why I thought it'd be a Rhino or something lol they better explain this nature loving part or how can it take on a tiger coz that's BS only Ratels and a few bigs in the animal kingdom can take on a lion, armadillos just rolls into a ball lol fuck this BS
Mar 9, 2018 7:57 PM

Sep 2011
Well damn, all our predictions were totally wrong :o But unlike a lot of people apparently, I actually like this better! Aside from looking awesome, it's a more obscure animal that I'm happy to see get some spotlight, and I love the idea of turning this animal that's all about defense, when combined with the human factor, into a nearly unstoppable force of nature (aaaah, I see what they did there now that I say that). I'm totally cool with letting this show have its fun, at this point I've left conventional logic at the door.

Also, can we just take a moment to appreciate that the only animal factoid they did this episode was about how rabbits breed like... well, rabbits... XD That amused the hell out of me.

animefan8800 said:
Pangolin? What the fuck is a pangolin? XD Well I'm sure we'll see next week. And actually the name does sound vaguely familiar.

Pangolins are similar to Armadillos, except instead of a few large plates they have a lot of smaller, more scale-like plates, and instead of a rat-looking tail they have a thicker, fully-armored tail. This picture from earlier in the thread shows the idea quite well:

I just did a brief bit of learning, and Kido's defense of nature is likely because all species of Pangolin are classified as at best vulnerable and at worst critically endangered due to hunting and heavy deforestation. Also, apparently they have a skunk-like spray and long, anteater-like tongues, so this could get pretty crazy.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Mar 9, 2018 10:10 PM
Jul 2017
So Kido is a sandslash.🤔
I can see why he has a great deffence but I dont see why he could one punch crocodile dundee, I dont recall pangolins being strong animals.
Putting traits that aren't specifically from the animal. For the next guess, we have to look which traits that are true to the animal, and which arent.
Mar 10, 2018 2:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Yuuya sure had a tough life But its nice that by meeting Hitomi and seeing her struggles that he managed to awoken a desire to make a stand and take back control of his own life by letting Hitomi decide for him. Yoko sure went far to ensure that she has the strongest fighters for the destroyal though. Ui's counterattack sure was a surprise though. The countering of Kido's attack by Tiger though was pretty surprising. Hmm so Kido uses traits from a pangolin huh. The fight between Tiger and Kido though should be most interesting. The fight between Tiger and Ratel though exciting as that was looks like it will be curtailed for now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2018 4:48 AM

May 2012
Good episode

Pangolin is not an aggressive animal but it has strong armor, and lion/tiger can't kill it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9apG1ILx_PY
Mar 10, 2018 9:29 AM

May 2015
That smile on that bloody face XD.

GOD DAMN IT INABA!

"For rabbits, mating season is every day!"
Ahahaha! They actually found a way to implement that!

INTEREFERENCE! INTERFERENCE!

INABA! YOU AND YOUR HOLES!

KIDO THE PANGOLIN

Pan...golin? What's a Pangolin? And I thought Gorilla's design looked cool.
Pangolin looks kickass!

Looks like they were stalling a bit with this episode with all the dialogue. Must be saving up some budget for the next episode...
Mar 10, 2018 9:57 AM

Apr 2017
Yet another great episode! I wasn’t excepting Kido to be pangolin as he’s so strong. At least he looks very cool! I wonder what strategies other teams come up with to down him.

Oh, and those rabbit moments in this episode were hillarious :D She’s turning out to be much more valuable to Yuuya’s team than I was anticipating! Thumbs up for her.

And I liked how Yuuya finally stepped up for himself and got to shine a little bit even though it was pretty much negated soon after. Oh well, I hope his actions gets more importance to their team’s performance as the fighting goes on. Looking forward next episode!
Mar 10, 2018 11:55 AM

Jan 2017
Since the tournament started Rabbit Girl has been my favorite character every episode. She is even starting to put her abilities to some use, this time.

Mar 10, 2018 12:00 PM

Jul 2016
Tiger is sure starting to go all out. Someone had to finally step in and take Hitomi down, temporarily anyway. She faced strong opponent before, but she needed a bigger challenge.

Kido is certainly the most dangerous brute so far. He'll have a great fight with Tiger, and he'll be the hardest obstacle for Hitomi to overcome, adding some flare. I honestly wouldn't be mad if Kido wins the competition, though, although it's pretty much guaranteed Hitomi will win because she's the main character.

Mar 10, 2018 12:40 PM

Oct 2012
TheInspiredConj said:
OK, I'll say this....
Even though this anime is 'shit' with a shitty MC, practically, no "plot" and only loads of fanservice and action....

I still like it.... Why?

The only reason is that, this anime has finally made me familiar with many unique animals, that I didn't even know, existed (Honey Badger, Gecko, etc.)

The way they describe the qualities and characteristics of each animal is also very likeable...

No, but this does remind me of the old excuse. "I only read Playboy for the stories" :)
Mar 10, 2018 2:02 PM

Oct 2013
"Keratin Scales son! they harden in response to physical trauma! , you cannot hurt me tiger!"
___
seriously, they turned one of the cutest animals on earth into a fearsome final boss.
Didn't expect that.

...Sadly, the Pangolin is at the brink of extintion because they eat them in china.
Sad!
Mar 10, 2018 2:08 PM

Feb 2013
LOL bunny girl.

I guess the tree hugger is pretty dumb... if he fell for that "reason".
Mar 10, 2018 3:10 PM

Jul 2016
Kido about to monster Tiger.
Mar 10, 2018 3:35 PM

Dec 2010
I enjoyed this episode. Pangolin was a suprise - but i liked it. Interesting animal with great defenses.

And Ui got a win. That was great. I was laughing hard about those bunny "details".

HeroVladimir93 said:
This show is awful is at building up dramatic tension. At first, I sympathized with Nomoto for his insecurity and lack of decisiveness but when the time comes for him to step up; nope, it was a trick from the bad guys to get him to be overconfident. Youko taunts him that Hitomi will die because of his mistakes, but come on! Hitomi has supreme protagonist power at her disposal! It's not like Tiger or Kido have that as well. At least Ui had a better moment in showing her willpower.

This is actually quite good and... sour. Contrary to typical anime trope this time "the moment that I will show them" did not happen. This show is nothing but realistic but this moment pretty was. In reality there won`t be much possibilites for Nomoto to "win" with experienced players with thing like this. I pretty like this tbh. But one thing is also important: No mattter his decision Hitomi won`t move. What is more we know that she will own both brute and win - in one way of another.

On the other hand Yoko is quite playful and playing dirty. The lady with fan even said that Yoko decided to use some "restricted" brute.

Gsimp said:
Boy, I can't help but wonder how they'll try to explain how in the blue hell a Pangolin is supposed to be such a vicious threat to anyone. I mean, so far all animals that are shown as powerful or dangerous actually possess dangerous traits in reality, and those that don't posses those traits like UI are shown to be comparatively weak but overcoming that weakness through cunning. Realistically a pangolin should be on a bunny level (weak, but smart with a good defense), not stronger that a f'n tiger.

Well, Kido is kinda souless at this point, he is more of a juggernaut than a human IMO. And he was called "barbaric Brute that Bureau suspended" - so maybe it was more than a regular transformation. He was imprisoned for a reason.

Stark700 said:
Meh, the bunny girl's victory felt like a fluke. It just felt like she was at the right place at the right time to make her move.

It probably was, but Ui was fast enough to react and win. Still a legit win if you ask me.
Mar 10, 2018 4:26 PM

Jul 2016
Gsimp said:

uninstallthegame said:
Explain me how this -

can be taking on tiger without a problem. seems like bullshit to me, especially with the tail part, since they roll into a ball and expose their scales

don't get me wrong, their defense mechanism is really good, but other than that it's nothing true to reality

than again we saw a crocodile owning a hippo in a fight , these who actually watches animal documentary would know that Hippos are a lot stronger then crocs , this show seems to exist as a way to introduce people to animals a lot don't know about like Pangolin ,honey badger and the Civet
Mar 10, 2018 4:38 PM

Dec 2017
Raptors0verlord said:

uninstallthegame said:
Explain me how this -

than again we saw a crocodile owning a hippo in a fight , these who actually watches animal documentary would know that Hippos are a lot stronger then crocs , this show seems to exist as a way to introduce people to animals a lot don't know about like Pangolin ,honey badger and the Civet

yeah, mate. naturally, if you compare the weight of a hippo (1500 kg) and a croc (500 kg), their mobility, stamina and all that - you can clearly tell, who's gonna win. but they kind of look the same dimension-wise. and when they introduce a pangolin that's 2 meters high and buff as fuck, and stronger than a tiger, it's totally misleading
Mar 10, 2018 4:59 PM

Oct 2013
This show is using the same Shenanigans as in Terraformars.
That's why a upscaled crocodile beats a downscaled hippo.

and that's how a tiger cannot break the pangolin armor.
Mar 10, 2018 8:50 PM

Feb 2018
modboy said:
TheInspiredConj said:
OK, I'll say this....

I still like it.... Why?

No, but this does remind me of the old excuse. "I only read Playboy for the stories" :)

pfft... in today's world, there are waaaayyyyyyy better things than playboy....
in that case.. playboy becomes low-level stuff....
similarly, there are waayyy better things than ecchi animes.. (ahem. ahem. h*ntai)
heck, even "reality" is better than anime... :D

Not everyone watches these for "educational purposes" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Some really do watch these for educational purposes... :)
Mar 11, 2018 3:01 AM
Jun 2017
Whoooow!!! That tiger vs ratel fight is insane great!!! Its just that pangolin join the party and have some fight with Ratel...
Mar 11, 2018 3:53 AM

Jul 2016
uninstallthegame said:
Raptors0verlord said:

yeah, mate. naturally, if you compare the weight of a hippo (1500 kg) and a croc (500 kg), their mobility, stamina and all that - you can clearly tell, who's gonna win. but they kind of look the same dimension-wise. and when they introduce a pangolin that's 2 meters high and buff as fuck, and stronger than a tiger, it's totally misleading

how is the pangolin vs Tiger any more or less different than the croc vs hippo ? its the same dimension-wise as well, Kido is the same or even taller than Taiga in his transformation and prety much isn't less BS than Kido taken a gorilla punch to the face or a hit from a crocodile tail
Mar 11, 2018 6:18 AM

Jul 2016
I used Google to confirm that Pangolin is a real animal.
Mar 11, 2018 7:22 AM

Jul 2007
uninstallthegame said:
Explain me how this -

Well, welcome to the world of make believe, where all things can happen.
Perhaps a mixed breed?

More on the critters.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/15/pangolins-13-facts-about-the-worlds-most-hunted-animal/
VW_guyMar 11, 2018 7:32 AM
Mar 11, 2018 8:05 AM

Dec 2017
Zahylon said:

it makes more sense with the comment above, if they take just the attributes of the animals. i'm not even talking about the strength, what makes me really confused is their size in full form, like a giant cobra, for example
Raptors0verlord said:

how is the pangolin vs Tiger any more or less different than the croc vs hippo ? its the same dimension-wise as well, Kido is the same or even taller than Taiga in his transformation and prety much isn't less BS than Kido taken a gorilla punch to the face or a hit from a crocodile tail

Mar 11, 2018 8:13 AM

Dec 2010
Zahylon said:

The part about pangolin armor is actually true, nothing upscaled -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9apG1ILx_PY

https://i.imgur.com/Fof2qcf.jpg - they even make armor out of pangolin skin.

The only part that does not make much sense is Pangolin`s attack but... so far Tiger is not damaged and Ratel was taken by a suprise and she was going all out for one attack, tanking two face-on slashes from Tiger. Kind of make sense if you think about it.
Mar 11, 2018 7:09 PM

Nov 2011
The fights in Killing Bites are better then any fight ive seen in DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, etc. I don't know what it is, but these fights are so freaking good!

I'm thoroughly enjoying this anime. And I am HYPED to see Hitomi go full Honey-badger on these dudes asses!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 12, 2018 1:35 AM

Oct 2008
What the hell is a Pangolin?!?! okay let me just google it...oh...its different kind of species similar to the ant eater! but they have very good defensive capabilities!
at least Inaba got 1 score against that other woman brute that releases aphrodisiac (forgot her name)
4/5.
matias067Mar 12, 2018 1:47 AM

Mar 15, 2018 1:30 AM

Jan 2011
real talk the fights in this show are pretty decent ,kinda been surprised by saying that, and those smug Youko faces she play our boy real good
Mar 19, 2018 9:04 AM

Apr 2015
The flashback and the BGM wasn't as dramatically satisfying as the producers would have liked. Far too outrageous a show for that to work.

Rest was ok
Mar 21, 2018 1:32 PM

Sep 2013
Nomoto going along with other's whims because he's timid but this time because he trusts hitomi.
Hitomi was about to hit tiger but Kido stronk.
Mar 23, 2018 12:28 PM

Feb 2015
A pangolin? Another animal i've never heard of. I'm starting to wonder if he can even be bested since everyone's attacks just bounce off him.

I loved the faces Yoko made in this episode.

The fights were great as I expected.
Mar 25, 2018 2:32 AM

Nov 2013
Yuuya's retrospection wasn't really necessary, it's no secret that he's spineless.

Youko is the character, that I hate the most since watching Ben-To and Code Geass. I wish, that she would just shut up.

Nice move from Ui.

You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 31, 2018 7:02 AM

Aug 2017
Ah, he is a pangolin. Everything with the flashbacks of Nomoto is just pointless. I'm surprised how Ui defeats the enemy. 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 5, 2018 12:16 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Likely the most satisfying episode so far. Seeing Nomoto stand up for himself after living a life of being led by others was nice, he may not be very unique, but he does deviate from the normal "main character that falls into something bigger than himself" trope.

The fights are also continually satisfying. Hwoever, Hitomi just kind of feels overpowered at this point, which sort of cheapens the fight to me.

Strong episode though.
Jan 10, 2019 8:12 AM

Jun 2017
biggest asspull ever after getting your right hand completely crushed by Kido effing Hitomi gets to counter him seconds later with completely fine physique ...Man totally ruined the immersion and iam not even taking into the account of she getting relatively unscathed after two brutal attacks by Tiger..
Sep 23, 2019 5:44 AM

Mar 2015
Kido's animal revealed, the almighty pangolin!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 24, 2019 3:15 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Kido is really strong... the usagi girl is useful only when she's horny lol
Feb 10, 2020 10:44 AM

Apr 2013
Those flashbacks to his "good times" with Hitomi were quite cringey. It's not like they spend a lot of time together and the bit they did she threatened to kill him all the time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Killing Bites Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2018

162 by FortiethAtom4 »»
Sep 1, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Killing Bites Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2018

242 by godzalo »»
Aug 4, 2023 8:29 PM

Poll: » Killing Bites Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2018

53 by LyLord »»
Jul 23, 2023 7:46 AM

Poll: » Killing Bites Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2018

61 by poisonbly »»
Apr 18, 2023 9:04 AM

» Is there a chance for season 2?

hellowwloll - Jan 13, 2023

4 by LostSpectre »»
Jan 25, 2023 6:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.