Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A.I.C.O. Incarnation
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2018 1:54 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like Yuuya sees Tachibana as a tool. I wonder what his purpose is in the grand scheme of things. The little animal is cute. Not sure what it is, but I think it's a hamster. The government is finally entering the gate to go after them.
Mar 9, 2018 6:20 AM

Apr 2016
Surprised how sound the story and writing is so far. Everyone has been worried about the story because of the script writers previous works.
Mar 9, 2018 6:03 PM
Jan 2015
I love how Aiko still wears her school uniform in the Matter Zone.
Mar 10, 2018 8:40 AM

Nov 2009
Can't believe a mascot character/animal has appeared, I can't see how they keep this interesting for the rest of the show.
Mar 11, 2018 9:24 PM

Sep 2011
This episode is full of compliments followed by the word "but"

This was a much needed breather episode for things to calm down and give the characters time to flesh out especially the grunt guys but the backstories of both were painfully cliche and cookie cutter

we got some much needed character interaction but it confirms the retarded addition of a love triangle cause why not

kanzaki thankfully is not some big waifufag and actually doesnt seem to actually care about tachibana's well being in the slightest as a person, it also seems to imply he is leading her out to die more or less which is a genuinly interesting conflict/plotpoint but him telling her shes just an object was just stupid on his part, like what the hell did he expect her reaction to be

the little weasel thing is adorable but conflicts with the tone if its going to be getting more and more horror like as it goes on.

though there are some genuine pros here that dont have conflictions, i am warming up to tachibana a bit cause that talk about no point regretting lost time with the people you didnt appreciate when they are alive is kind of a quick way to appeal to me, im a sucker for emphasis on moving on from tragedy and loss so its appealing to one of my weaker sides. I also do like that theres a bit more of an urgency going foreword now that the government types are chasing them. I also do just like the idea of these checkpoints as a worldbuilding device, kind of cool to have this area that exsists on its own for different groups to resupply, kind of shows how much the world has adapted to this disaster. overall id say i actually kind of enjoyed this episode.

Last little note ill say is, man its really hard to like this show when it decides to infuse dumbass fanservice all the sudden like it has. Its the worst kind in anime for me, where its so few and far between and so unfitting for the tone and plot the show is going for that it ends up feeling immensely jarring, either go for it or dont put any of it in at all.

Twisterboy said:
Surprised how sound the story and writing is so far. Everyone has been worried about the story because of the script writers previous works.
dont speak too soon, the reason alot of his disasters are so bad is cause they actually start off fine then trainwreck.

This show has averted my expectations a bit though, i was expecting a decent start, meh middle, and atrocious end. The way its felt right now is id say the first 2 episodes weres awful(ep 3 was mediocre), and episode 4/5 in the middle have been fairly decent/enjoyablem who the fuck know what that entails for the final. I'll be glad to be proven wrong but im not getting my hopes up.

Dealdog said:
pretty sure thats just cause she hasnt exactly had time to change, this is all happening like what a day after the start of the series where she was kidnapped twice once by kanzaki and another by the government, then they booked it directly to a place overun by gross gore monsters

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 12, 2018 2:20 AM
Sep 2017
Dealdog said:
yeah and also yuuya...lol

Mar 12, 2018 2:21 AM
Sep 2017
Pretty good episode so far... Plus i ship yuuya and aiko lol

Mar 15, 2018 8:16 AM

Nov 2013
Kanzaki acted like a total douche in this episode.

That Aiko's memento of her father was actually an artificial organism and took the form of a small rodent is interesting.

Now the government pricks are making their move.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 18, 2018 3:30 PM

May 2012
Not too shabby, some good solid development and progression towards their goal! Let's see what's next.
Apr 30, 2018 12:26 PM

Jun 2010
solid episode. I hoped to see something new. Everything seems to be too easy for them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2018 9:39 PM
Sep 2014
I thought this show was pretty mediocre until the breather scene giving us the backstories behind the side characters. It avoids the typical cliche backstory exposition given in barrooms or inns, and gives some reason for the audience to care about them. Kaede's backstory is especially interesting for bringing up family conflicts, something which is not nearly enough discussed, let alone explored, in anime.
Jun 27, 2020 9:53 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
omg this thingy is soooo cute i want one aswell *___*

More topics from this board

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 1 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

37 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 2 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

15 by 1uchan »»
Jul 25, 2023 7:54 PM

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 6 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

9 by OgregO »»
Jul 24, 2023 3:35 PM

» The Dub is Garbage

demision - Apr 11, 2018

8 by sometaters »»
Dec 5, 2022 4:15 PM

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 4 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

9 by AzureAshida »»
Nov 5, 2022 2:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.