Forum Settings
Forums
Aug 20, 7:32 AM
@chiaki Taichi has already inspired Chihaya with his ghost and he did leave an unread text for Arata. Most of us think he is bringing Suo's aunt to the playing site. If that does not inspire him to win I don't what will In the Harada match he delayed until his aunt could watch the match(which Harada and Chihaya misunderstood for different reasons as disrespecting karuta)
As for the boys neither has received a positive reply to their confession At least Taichi got a reply Chihaya actually forgot about Arata's confession for six months and made him wait another six months
I would not be surprised if she forgets about Arata's confession after the match because the Center exam which will decide her future is the week after the match

Aug 21, 9:05 PM

landofthekwt said:
As for the boys neither has received a positive reply to their confession At least Taichi got a reply Chihaya actually forgot about Arata's confession for six months and made him wait another six months
I would not be surprised if she forgets about Arata's confession after the match because the Center exam which will decide her future is the week after the match

Only one boy received a negative response, and it was Taichi. A swift rejection at that. Suetsugu is postponing the reply to Arata's confession, and I think I know why.
The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.

Aug 22, 12:08 AM

possession1981 said:
landofthekwt said:

Only one boy received a negative response, and it was Taichi. A swift rejection at that. Suetsugu is postponing the reply to Arata's confession, and I think I know why.

Oh yes, I also believe the creator is saving for Arata's confession response when we get closer to the story's climax ( perhaps right after the tournament): where Chihaya can finally decide what she really wants for the future.

PS: It's not that Chihaya has already forgotten about Arata's confession nor did Arata ( based what we saw from the latest chapters proves it): I truly believe all their long wait will be worth it in the end: like that one saying goes: "patience is rewarding" so will be for Arata and Chihaya. ;)

Aug 22, 5:02 AM

Well, we see things differently. It's Arata who put it on "wait". Chihaya told him she wasn't thinking about "romance" at all at the moment she spoke to him, and told him so that he wouldn't be waiting in vain, cause she wasn't on that page. Then HE said you don't have to tell me now, I'll come closer in the future and you tell me then. But this all came from Arata. Chihaya obviously wasn't thinking about it at all, and only was reminded about it, when she heard Kana chan's remark. So she never said he had to wait. He did that by himself. In my book she rejected Arata as well.......just she was being careful not to hurt his feelings, cause she already knew that story.

Aug 22, 8:22 AM

chiakimagoto said:
It's Arata who put it on "wait". Chihaya told him she wasn't thinking about "romance" at all at the moment she spoke to him.

Chihaya makes it clear to Arata that it's not a reply to his confession though. Arata wasn't rejected, he just hasn't received a proper response yet. There's a huge difference between the two.
sweetangie said:
Oh yes, I also believe the creator is saving for Arata's confession response when we get closer to the story's climax ( perhaps right after the tournament): where Chihaya can finally decide what she really wants for the future.

PS: It's not that Chihaya has already forgotten about Arata's confession nor did Arata ( based what we saw from the latest chapters proves it): I truly believe all their long wait will be worth it in the end: like that one saying goes: "patience is rewarding" so will be for Arata and Chihaya. ;)

The climax should be happening this October if Suetusugu stays true to her word, and the story will still be focusing on important matches so her response would come after all that-whether it be rejection or reciprocation. I just believe it'll be the latter. Why else would Suetsugu postpone a proper reply instead of having Chihaya just reject Arata the same way she quickly did with Taichi? Chihaya states something along the lines of reaching the peak of Mount Fuji together while staring at Arata's back in an extra page included in chapter 217. I believe that once Chihaya has reached the state she's been aiming for that she will be able to give Arata a proper response. There's also chapter 93-the love talk-that backs my headcanon up since Chihaya declares the same thing.

Aug 22, 8:54 AM

In fact Chihaya didn't understand Arata's confession at first. She only understood when Taichi confessed. Since she has made no attempt to reciproc his feelings and lots has happened......she also was very shocked how much she had "shattered" Taichi's feelings so once speaking to Arata (after being reminded about that stuff) she went to tell him "nicely" that she wasn't on the same page at all. I think Chihaya just doesn't want to think about romance. That's all. She doesn't want to answer that question. And the latest interview Sensei gave sort of confirms that. She doesn't have the desire to have a romantic relationship at the moment.

So even if Arata ignored her and insisted that she tell him her feelings later, I think on Chihaya's side nothing is clear yet. She isn't busy like us with shipping. She's busy with karuta and her studies..........and like I said, lots and lots has happened since chapter 93.......

We might actually be heading towards an open ending in the romance section............
Modified by chiakimagoto, Aug 22, 9:00 AM

Aug 22, 10:28 AM

chiakimagoto said:
In fact Chihaya didn't understand Arata's confession at first. She only understood when Taichi confessed..

I think you're mixing things up. Arata was clear and concise when he confessed. Chihaya obviously knew what he meant, what Chihaya didn't understand was her own reaction to his confession and his snuck-in proposal. It was his proposal that finally clicked once Taichi confessed, and we see this through the scene that vividly dazzles in her mind in chapter 138. Which is the "let's play karuta together then" scene.

she went to tell him "nicely" that she wasn't on the same page at all.

I wouldn't call it not being on the same page, especially since Arata's reaction just shows us that they actually are on the same wavelength. Chihaya tells him it's not a reply, just how she currently feels, goes on about karuta, and Arata is completely fine with that. He knows they both have a goal that takes priority at the moment.

I think on Chihaya's side nothing is clear yet.

I believe the manga has shown which boy Chihaya is in love with, but since we're on opposing (shipping) sides, we won't see eye to eye.

As for the interview, I'm aware of it. Someone partly translated the section talking about the romance, and if their translation is correct, then I don't see a romantic ending ruled out at all (but I can see an open ending happen too or a timeskip to make a romantic ending happen). All it really tells us is that Chihaya needs more time to give an answer-Suetsugu also goes onto note that Chihaya will never give an answer by force or an answer she doesn't mean-and only one boy has yet to receive a proper response. We basically already saw-in my opinion-Chihaya asking for more time in chapter 173.
Modified by possession1981, Aug 22, 10:32 AM

Aug 22, 11:18 AM

I think she has definitely shown a sort of crush on Arata, but she has also shown strong affection for Taichi (before he confessed). The way she worked so hard to make him smile, her wish to see him less depressed, made her go far out of her usual way. Especially Chihaya who is a bit self karuta centered.

Taichi's confession really rocked her world...........and we will see if everything that happened after also had repercussions on her heart. She definitely has a strong way of longing for Taichi and Sensei keeps teasing us. She still is baiting the romance with Taichi. Sensei is drawing very strong panels with Chihaya thinking of him........It's not written in stone with Arata, not just yet.

Aug 22, 11:28 AM

"Let's play Karuta together." becomes "Let's spend the rest of out lives together."

and then

"I am in love with you, Chihaya." becomes "Then what about Arata?"

I may spend my entire life reading this manga yet never get your interpretation, @chiakimagoto.

I need my own Harada-sensei here because I am feeling like Taichi myself.
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

Aug 22, 11:33 AM

I guess we will never really agree........I feel the after confession has definitely made a change in Chihaya. Alot happened to her after he left. She went through alot of motions and it still stung her when he said his feelings were probably fading and still she imagines him, when he's not there. Taichi is still very much there in her thoughts with the sort of feeling you get when your heart gets "kurushi". Before Chihaya had never experienced that
Modified by chiakimagoto, Aug 22, 3:45 PM

Aug 22, 9:02 PM

chiakimagoto said:
Taichi's confession really rocked her world..

To me, it's like the confession shattered her world or shattered an image Chihaya had in her head. The expression Chihaya makes after he confesses is punch to the gut. She looks legitimately upset to hear a confession from someone she regarded as a dear friend. Her post-reaction to both confessions speak volumes-one made her entire world dazzle vividly, the other one darkened it.

it still stung her when he said his feelings were probably fading and still she imagines him, when he's not there.

We have no idea what his statement to Kana made Chihaya feel though, because Suetsugu didn't give us insight into her character during that scene. It could have stung her, it could have made her feel relieved, who knows. All we know is that Chihaya hasn't been shown thinking about his statement once so far, which-to me-is telling in itself.

Before Chihaya had never experienced that

Except this is false. We've already seen this with Arata. Multiple times.
Modified by possession1981, Aug 22, 9:10 PM

Aug 22, 10:28 PM

We always come back to not knowing what Chihaya is feeling in the end. We are right were the mangaka wants us. We both see the story from different pov's, so I guess there isn't much to say anymore between us....

Sep 5, 9:59 PM

sweetangie said:

possession1981 said:
The climax should be happening this October if Suetusugu stays true to her word, and the story will still be focusing on important matches so her response would come after all that-whether it be rejection or reciprocation. I just believe it'll be the latter. Why else would Suetsugu postpone a proper reply instead of having Chihaya just reject Arata the same way she quickly did with Taichi? Chihaya states something along the lines of reaching the peak of Mount Fuji together while staring at Arata's back in an extra page included in chapter 217. I believe that once Chihaya has reached the state she's been aiming for that she will be able to give Arata a proper response. There's also chapter 93-the love talk-that backs my headcanon up since Chihaya declares the same thing.

Oh yes I can hardly wait to see how Chihaya will react and response towards Arata's love confession: all their patience has a purpose because they can't rush something they want to last forever. Besides, they both want to accomplish something to see themselves worthy having their affections being returned towards the person they love, they both are fine with that, it will only bring more meaning in the end when the right time comes in hand; the longer they wait, the more they will cherish it when it finally arrives. ^_^
Modified by sweetangie, Sep 6, 12:24 AM

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

Preview MangaManga Store