Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2018 1:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Making a film huh...

Well for what's worth, it's a project that tries to get genin to fire up for the chunin exams. Sounds like some serious business this year for them. Didn't actually expect an episode like this but I suppose it can work in ways.
Stark700Mar 7, 2018 2:12 AM
Mar 7, 2018 2:52 AM
Mar 2015
Pretty lame filler, totally pointless.
Mar 7, 2018 2:54 AM

Sep 2015
Naruto was the lowest one to skip everything and become Hokage.

And Naruto really don't have eye for his own son man can't blame Boruto on what he did on exam.
Into the Internet!
Mar 7, 2018 2:57 AM
Oct 2016
Naruto , a genin, didnt in a filler in the last episodes that he took up studying for jonin
Mar 7, 2018 3:14 AM

Dec 2013
That ending with Naruto was hilarious.
Mar 7, 2018 4:28 AM

Feb 2015
I understand they trying to develop characters but this is boring AF. the whole show is botched.
Mar 7, 2018 4:44 AM

May 2017
Lmao Udon still snotty and that technique lol
Mar 7, 2018 5:03 AM

Jul 2016
lol Naruto, you goof.

Isn't it about time for a new OP? The Hidden Mist arc feels like so long ago.
Mar 7, 2018 5:24 AM

Feb 2014
qwertyMrJINX said:
lol Naruto, you goof.

I do agree that the Hidden Mist arc was ages ago, but Boruto is most likely doing the same rate of OP and ED songs as Naruto did. One new OP song for two seasons, while there's a ED song every season.

But still, Naruto was pretty funny in that documentary though. =)
Mar 7, 2018 5:48 AM

Jul 2017
I don't understand how people are saying that this episode was boring. For me it was one of the best episodes of Boruto so far.

MatheusFHMar 7, 2018 5:59 AM
Mar 7, 2018 6:09 AM
Dec 2015
Please tell me they just forshadowed the hokage fucking shit up in the chunin exams
Mar 7, 2018 6:26 AM
Mar 2015
Naruto, Their hokage is still Genin.... that was extremely hilarious at the end XD XD XD
Mar 7, 2018 6:38 AM

Jan 2017
the pace had been going quite nicely for a while, why the fudge did they bring it to a stop with this pointless episode; it was bad, and the animation was poor.

so wait, studio pierrot is responsible for the animation of this anime right -as well as being responsible for black clover... they probably used the group of animators for their most recent episode (EP. 22 for black clover; and EP. 48 for boruto). i say this 'cause both episodes featured some lame spinning attack (asta in black clover and iwabe) the animation was just.. i cant even explain.. took my breath away in all the wrong ways.

anyways, these dad jokes are getting outr of hand -some dumb banter that was

i thought she was a loli and had a thing for boruto.. cringy, she was.

P.S.
i thought naruto was given an honorary promotion.. even if he had to work slightly towards it
i remember shikamaru grilling him over that when was to become hokage

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
so can somebody explain what this dose of idiocy is
Mar 7, 2018 6:45 AM
Apr 2016
Man this episode sucks harder than Black Holes. I am not even sure what sucks more, the Udon technique or the episode itself. I appreciate their self-improvement and development coupled up with motivational quotes, but boy this is cringy... I hope that gap filling with tertiary stuff they did with Naruto each time after relevant events does not infect this series as well.
Re:formed
Mar 7, 2018 6:48 AM

Feb 2013
Acting cool isn't cool, obviously.
That snot jutsu was beautiful.
Mar 7, 2018 6:55 AM

Feb 2018
This entire series is just so fckn boring tbh I only watch it to see Sakura die
Mar 7, 2018 7:17 AM

Dec 2016
90% skipped noice
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Mar 7, 2018 7:32 AM

Aug 2016
ZBlastHistory said:

And Naruto really don't have eye for his own son man can't blame Boruto on what he did on exam.

Nah it was Boruto's fault, Naruto has to be impartial being the Hokage. You've seen in past episodes and the Boruto movie that he tries to talk to Boruto but there's just a huge gap. Naruto's always busy with work and never grew up with parents; and Boruto has both his parents but doesn't understand his dad is the Hokage, so has to ensure everyone's safety and can't be impartial unless they're home. I do hope for their relationship to get better kinda like how Assuma and Hiruzen was towards the end
Mar 7, 2018 7:34 AM

Aug 2013
qwertyMrJINX said:
lol Naruto, you goof.

New ending coming 4th of April, first official episode of the Chunin exams.
Mar 7, 2018 7:49 AM
Sep 2017
Even though the episode was good, and the action was nice, there are three things in it that bugs me:
1. In the flashback scene, when Udon couldn't do the Kagebunshin, Naruto laughed at him. This was quite insensitive for him.
2. This episode revealed a plot hole of Naruto - if Naruto really failed Graduation exam several times, how was he in the same class as that of Sakura, Sasuke and others?
3. As far as I know, after the Fourth Great War, Naruto was admitted to Academics for Chunin exams and there was an OVA regarding his becoming a Chunin. Also, Kakashi said that he would declare Naruto a Jonin after he passed the exams successfully. Does that mean he didn't pass? How is that possible?!
Mar 7, 2018 8:23 AM
Mar 2015
N
Suradoe_Uchiha said:

2. This episode revealed a plot hole of Naruto - if Naruto really failed Graduation exam several times, how was he in the same class as that of Sakura, Sasuke and others?

Naruto was probably just talking about when he kept failing to graduate from the academy in the first episode of Naruto, before Mizuki told him to steal Scroll of Seal.. u remember it, right??
Mar 7, 2018 8:26 AM

Oct 2015
Quite a boring episode, Udon is still a snotty guy, he has a weird but quite cool jutsu. Next episode are focusing on Team Sumire. Ahh.. I guess it's fine, since we get to see these girls more and Hanabi as well.

qwertyMrJINX said:
lol Naruto, you goof.

The next OP will be most likely appear in episode 52.
Mar 7, 2018 9:29 AM

Jan 2017
ZBlastHistory said:

You shouldn't discuss that here, as the Boruto series has yet to reach the Chunin exams where that occurred. At this point, only the manga and the Boruto movie have depicted that. To the series-only watchers, this is a spoiler.

"THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE."

Mar 7, 2018 9:42 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty good episode. It gave some great character development to Iwabe, Denki, and Metal. Udon's snot jutsu was beautiful. The ending with Naruto was funny.
Mar 7, 2018 9:45 AM

Jul 2017
Someone said the animation in this episode was bad??? You guys must be crazy.
Mar 7, 2018 9:46 AM

Jan 2014
lmao, that Naruto in the end.

but seriously, didn't he undertake a special course to get jonin rank so he can become a hokage?
Mar 7, 2018 10:10 AM

Sep 2013
Udon with the snot jutsu :(
Iwabe getting development is good but I still believe he will be the final villain.
Mar 7, 2018 10:27 AM

Jul 2017
I can't be the only one who thinks that this jutsu Udon used is awesome. Naruto's universe has always had weird jutsus and silly things like that, I don't see any problem with it.

Mar 7, 2018 10:38 AM
Oct 2007
All these fillers came right after a pretty weak canon arc.. and Boruto pale in comparison compared to Naruto.. Feels like they could have done it differently from Naruto by not having fillers at all
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2018 11:34 AM

Oct 2015
It's not the best episode, but the next episode seems much worse.

I don't get that filming part. They could have just gone to the training fields to show their ninjutsu, but instead they cancelled the entire thing.
Also, what I'm missing from the entire series, is that they don't train at all. Obviously, they go to missions, but in Naruto, I remember they had scenes about training at least. From the movie, we know, some training will happen, but otherwise they never train.

That snotty jutsu seemed an okay gag, a bit random.

The last scene with Naruto saying he is technically still a genin, was really hilarious for me. Then I remembered that there was a filler, where he was studying for the chunnin exam, and he tried passing it. So that joke seems like a plot-hole, except if he failed the chunnin exam for a second, or even several more times as well for some reason. (I don't remember if he actually passed it, I just remember he had been studying for it)
Mar 7, 2018 11:41 AM
Jun 2017
MatheusFH said:
I don't understand how people are saying that this episode was boring. For me it was one of the best episodes of Boruto so far.

i agree it was great episode
Mar 7, 2018 11:53 AM

Feb 2015
MatheusFH said:
I can't be the only one who thinks that this jutsu Udon used is awesome. Naruto's universe has always had weird jutsus and silly things like that, I don't see any problem with it.

I thought it was cool.
Mar 7, 2018 12:03 PM
Apr 2016
ichii_1 said:
Udon with the snot jutsu :(
Iwabe getting development is good but I still believe he will be the final villain.

That's where you are wrong kid, if anything the guy that faces against Boruto in the episode 1 has Ootsutsuki blood, not someone we have been already shown.
Re:formed
Mar 7, 2018 12:17 PM

Sep 2016
Udon's snot jutsu... Quite beautiful, like a tree made of glass. I thought he's gonna swing his snot around like a certain gorilla. That would be hilarious.
Mar 7, 2018 2:06 PM

Nov 2016
Udon hasn't blown his nose in 30 years
Mar 7, 2018 2:30 PM

Dec 2017
oh fuck me, i feel like i've seen this 'ninja is not all about the looks' a million times already, the whole fucking kamina glasses guy arc was about that too. what a waste of time
Mar 7, 2018 2:34 PM

Feb 2012
It was nice for Iwabe, also Udon and Naruto lol.

Pretty ok episode, next one looks legit as well, good to see random kids getting more spotlight. Also all female squad so its legit.
Mar 7, 2018 4:04 PM

Mar 2016
Okay... so we’re in a filler section right now...

This episode was okay....iwabe was never a character I like so...

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2018 4:07 PM

Mar 2014
When Udon is the most interesting character of the episode without him even being the main focus you know there's something wrong. Especially when the greatest moment of the entire episode involved snot dripping from his nose.

Looking forward to the next ep just for one reason... I've been curious who is the Jonin over Sumire's team.
Mar 7, 2018 5:07 PM

Sep 2017
A filler episode with the less interesting team out of the 4 wasn't so boring as i thought it would be (props too Udon still snoty as ever and making gross noises but with an ... interesting(?) technique).
Score: 7
Mar 7, 2018 5:10 PM

Jan 2012
L0bsterman said:

Looking forward to the next ep just for one reason... I've been curious who is the Jonin over Sumire's team.

Looking forward to that too, especially since it seems like Hanabi always shows up with this team, so a lot of people think she is their leader, would be nice to get a confirmation of who it is
Club Aerosol
Mar 7, 2018 6:07 PM

Mar 2014
minaeshi said:
L0bsterman said:

Looking forward to that too, especially since it seems like Hanabi always shows up with this team, so a lot of people think she is their leader, would be nice to get a confirmation of who it is

Now I imagine Hanabi endlessly teasing Sumire about Boruto.
Mar 7, 2018 10:24 PM

Dec 2009
I love these episodes that flesh out the characters like Iwabe a lot, the ending bit where Naruto encouraged the team was absolutely great. I laughed so hard when Naruto pointed out at the end he was a still a genin.
Mar 7, 2018 10:25 PM

Jan 2014
BlueEclispe said:
Please tell me they just forshadowed the hokage fucking shit up in the chunin exams

HAHAH THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING
Mar 8, 2018 2:48 AM
Sep 2017
Did naruto take an exam in the last parts of naruto shippuden to become a jonin so he can become a hokage?? That totally destroyed the plot of shippuden. or maybe he just failed...who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mar 8, 2018 11:17 AM

Oct 2008
Udon snot-sensei snot jutsu is cool!
LOLZ Lord Hokage Naruto-sama never took Chuunin exams so now he's still a Genin but the STRONGEST Genin!
4/5.

Mar 8, 2018 1:59 PM

Sep 2015
J_LEE_C said:
ZBlastHistory said:

You shouldn't discuss that here, as the Boruto series has yet to reach the Chunin exams where that occurred. At this point, only the manga and the Boruto movie have depicted that. To the series-only watchers, this is a spoiler.

"THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE."

I am surprised if someone don't know Boruto Movie yet its been almost 3 year.

I don't really tell what Boruto do right? its just like a hint, its not like anyone will believe the exam will end up normaly
Into the Internet!
Mar 9, 2018 2:01 AM
Jun 2017
Hahahaha.... i like this episode for today, and the last part of the film when naruto appeared and say he didnt take the chunin exam was funny!!!!

*anyway the message for todays episode is so true to all!!! No matter how many times you fail to achieve your goal, just try and try again and who knows you might finally achieve that one!!!
Mar 9, 2018 4:18 AM
Oct 2013
at least when naruto/shippuden developed its characters, it did so during a story, which this anime currently doesnt have and pretty much hasnt had since the get go, cba to go into every issue this trash anime has but where were we 50 episodes in on naruto original, chuunin exams, gaara vs rock lee, naruto vs neji, the whole forest shenanigans, more happened in one episode of naruto than 50 episodes of boruto, what a hard fall, the writer just pulls a moral out of nowhere and says okay, this episode, we want to go over what it means to be a shinobi (friendship and what a shinobi is is so overused in boruto so far) and then just writes some crappy basic story to cover that moral, sarada arc is the only one worth watching right now
Mar 9, 2018 11:44 AM

May 2014
Episode was amazing, we got cool shots/animations, especially in the 2nd half, and awesome comedy.
And Naruto recognizing Iwabe just got me, it was so touching.. I can't believe I like Iwabe as much as I do now <3

These episodes are such a blast, we need these transition episodes so everything feels normal, in Naruto they didn't just blast to the chunin exams in the first 40 episodes without building new characters.
Udon-sensei ftw
Looking forward to Hanabi-Sensei!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Today, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 293 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

145 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 66 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

11 by Gabriel31YT »»
Apr 7, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.