Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2018 11:24 AM

Jul 2014
Really annoyed that the show deliberately cut away from Sebas as he was about to see Ains in the mansion, but this was a pretty decent episode aside. Interesting revelation that the Princess is a yandere, but I'm not really sure where they're gonna go with that or why it matters in the slightest in relation to the main plot of defeating Eight Fingers.
Mar 6, 2018 11:24 AM

Sep 2015
The Bromance at the ending.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mar 6, 2018 11:43 AM

Aug 2012
Paul said:

Were all those maid outfits that Climb found suppose to represent something related towards the princess killing off her maids and getting new ones from the brothels or something? They were the exact same maid outfits hers had at the end.

Nice, I didn't even think of that.

Mar 6, 2018 11:52 AM
May 2013
Paul said:
The ending transition was cool. The episode was meh though. Was hoping to see more Sebas.

Were all those maid outfits that Climb found suppose to represent something related towards the princess killing off her maids and getting new ones from the brothels or something? They were the exact same maid outfits hers had at the end.

Nah, not at all. But it's fore-shadowing for something in ep 11 alright.
This is from LN, but Renner's maids are not commoners let alone from such a lowly place as a brothel. Her maids are all recommendation from nobles who have connection and that's why the maids show so much disdain for Climb since he's a no name orphan. That's also the reason Renner wants to kill the maids so much cause they look down on her "pet"
Mar 6, 2018 12:07 PM

Sep 2011
skreddy said:
The problem for me is that there are too many characters and too many stories, but only 13 episodes a season... So, most of the characters are not growing on me.

Also, if the side characters like guardians of nazarick get side stories like these, then, looks like overlord is really long. i mean, 41 guardians is literally 15 seasons atleast.. and i will forget about the shalltear and her punishment by then.

and I really don't see overlord getting 15 seasons.. and all that character development would be just a waste of time for me.

Just to help clear up a misunderstanding here (which is understandable, considering it has been awhile since it's been important in the anime): 41 refers to the "supreme beings," the Yggdrasil players of the guild Ainz Ooal Gown who created Nazarick, not to its guardians. Of these 41, all but Momonga (now Lord Ainz) had long-since quit the game. The total number of former NPCs in Nazarick is significantly more than 41, but most of them are low-ranked support staff; If I remember correctly, the guardians are just Albedo, Shalltear, Cocytus, Aura, Mare, Demiurge, Victim (the floating red fetus angel thing we saw earlier in the season), and one more who has only ever been mentioned off-hand, at least as far as I've read (which is only to where this season will end), plus Sebas and the Pleiades also filling a similar role. Well, Pandora's Actor can also be counted, since he's the guardian of the treasury... but I have no idea if we ever really see him again or not.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Mar 6, 2018 12:37 PM
Apr 2016
Atavistic said:
Really annoyed that the show deliberately cut away from Sebas as he was about to see Ains in the mansion, but this was a pretty decent episode aside. Interesting revelation that the Princess is a yandere, but I'm not really sure where they're gonna go with that or why it matters in the slightest in relation to the main plot of defeating Eight Fingers.

Was obvious she is bat insane... well, technically since episode 1 and the ending sequence, but everyone is talking about her being a monster for a reason. She needs some first class purifying alright.
Re:formed
Mar 6, 2018 12:46 PM

Jun 2016
Woah best episode yey. Princess Renner shows her true personality after all
Mar 6, 2018 12:47 PM

Jan 2016
To be honest, I expected that princess' behaviour xD I mean, she was hinted to be a monster and now we know why :P

Next episode Ainz and Sebas will have a serious talk :O
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 6, 2018 1:36 PM
Jul 2016
Fuck climb, GO Brain, and finnaly we get ainz doing some shit.
Mar 6, 2018 1:36 PM

Apr 2017
I haven't seen this episode yet, but based on what people are saying I'm dropping the show. It has already bored me like crazy.
Mar 6, 2018 1:57 PM

May 2015
Man overlord really needs a 100 episode season. Just so sad to see we are approaching the end of season 2.
Mar 6, 2018 2:03 PM

Jul 2015
10 min skipped, borriiinnnnngggggggg

Mar 6, 2018 2:03 PM

Jul 2016
So the princess is a phsyco!
Mar 6, 2018 2:29 PM
May 2015
Yandere Princess ! :D:D:D
So cute... ! :D
Mar 6, 2018 2:32 PM
Jul 2016
zodd0 said:
I haven't seen this episode yet, but based on what people are saying I'm dropping the show. It has already bored me like crazy.

you have the worst timing ever, dropping this season right before the best part of this arc begins lmao. you’re gonna miss out on the fights and the climax. and it’s good that season 2 is showing the true nature of anime only fans - they only care about action and an OP MC stomping on everyone when the novel is NOT about that. good thing we won’t miss guys

My-Iori said:
Paul said:

Nice, I didn't even think of that.

iirc, the maid outfits appeal to some fetishes of nobles in the brothel
Mar 6, 2018 2:41 PM

Apr 2017
dantex14 said:
you have the worst timing ever, dropping this season right before the best part of this arc begins lmao. you’re gonna miss out on the fights and the climax. and it’s good that season 2 is showing the true nature of anime only fans - they only care about action and an OP MC stomping on everyone when the novel is NOT about that. good thing we won’t miss guys

How are you gonna say I only care about action when several of my favorite anime are action-free dramas? This season of Overlord is excruciatingly boring in its focus on random characters who I could not care less about. Episode 8 had plenty of action, but nothing interesting happened at all.

Way to miss the point...
Mar 6, 2018 2:45 PM

Jul 2015
Overlord II is overrated now. If there weren't the 1st ss, this anime would have 6,5-7 score and nobody would even care about it.

Mar 6, 2018 2:49 PM

Dec 2015
Another wait for next week huh.....
The baldy in the last scene havent seen real hell nor the real undead king
Mar 6, 2018 2:56 PM

Feb 2007
A yandere princess is fine too...
Mar 6, 2018 3:04 PM

Dec 2016
Now we know why the women were ending up that way, it was so satisfying seeing Sebas slap around and kill that fat bastard.

I didn't think Climb would win but I thought his efforts were very impressive.

Brain was cool to watch, made real short work of him.

I have a feeling Brain will run into Shalltear again at some point, but 1 thing I could see happening if that was the case is Stronoff being there at the same time and the name of Ainz being brought up and they might come to an understanding because of it.

Very interesting to see what happenes next between Ainz, Sebas & Solution.

Wow the princess has quite the personality(s) at least she care a lot about Climb.
Mar 6, 2018 3:06 PM

May 2015
Lmao, best part of the episode was the ugly fatass pig getting killed by Sebas.

Also, that yandere mode.

Mar 6, 2018 3:08 PM
Apr 2016
LukesYGO_WSonYT said:

Wow the princess has quite the personality(s) at least she care a lot about Climb.

You mixed up those last words with "Is madly possessive".
Re:formed
Mar 6, 2018 3:15 PM

Aug 2015
joe_g7 said:
last time I checked Ains was still the main character of Overlord, but even the main supporting cast is being ignored for the sake of 1.dumb fucking lizards that haven't even been mentioned since their arc ended even though so much time was dedicated to their "development" 2.fucking Climb, cause for all I know he too could suffer the same fate as the lizards and be completely forgotten.
Hope of seeing 'a bit more Ains and action' is what has been keeping me from dropping this show, and it has been beyond underwhelming to say the least. I won't drop it now, I will suffer through and enjoy slapping a well-deserved 1/10 at the end.

Then you missed the entire point of Overlord. It's about showing characters in the world and how Ainz and the guardians actions affect them. We'll be following more characters just like the Lizards and Climb in upcoming parts of the story, so if you're just in it for Ainz, drop it already cause you're gonna keep getting disappointed.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Mar 6, 2018 3:25 PM
Mar 2016
MistLiigh said:
skreddy said:
The problem for me is that there are too many characters and too many stories, but only 13 episodes a season... So, most of the characters are not growing on me.

Also, if the side characters like guardians of nazarick get side stories like these, then, looks like overlord is really long. i mean, 41 guardians is literally 15 seasons atleast.. and i will forget about the shalltear and her punishment by then.

and I really don't see overlord getting 15 seasons.. and all that character development would be just a waste of time for me.

Just to help clear up a misunderstanding here (which is understandable, considering it has been awhile since it's been important in the anime): 41 refers to the "supreme beings," the Yggdrasil players of the guild Ainz Ooal Gown who created Nazarick, not to its guardians. Of these 41, all but Momonga (now Lord Ainz) had long-since quit the game. The total number of former NPCs in Nazarick is significantly more than 41, but most of them are low-ranked support staff; If I remember correctly, the guardians are just Albedo, Shalltear, Cocytus, Aura, Mare, Demiurge, Victim (the floating red fetus angel thing we saw earlier in the season), and one more who has only ever been mentioned off-hand, at least as far as I've read (which is only to where this season will end), plus Sebas and the Pleiades also filling a similar role. Well, Pandora's Actor can also be counted, since he's the guardian of the treasury... but I have no idea if we ever really see him again or not.

somehow 2nd season dont satisfying me enough
but i dont know why

so Princess true personality expose
that Yandere Princess can Sacrifice a whole kingdom for Climb Sake :|
that why another noble call her monster

and the after credit scene is hilarious
Overlord where anime allow bad person speak highly
and after that they will face the true fearness until cant speak anymore
NdanHMMar 6, 2018 3:28 PM
Mar 6, 2018 3:43 PM

Sep 2013
Well this episode was an absolute bore. I have no idea how we went from such a great first season, to a pretty decent, but rather long arc about Lizard Men, to this...

Is this actually what we've been waiting 3 years for? But I guess there are enough people loving this to just tell me "You're not enjoying Overlord properly. You just got the wrong idea on what kind of series it is thanks to the first 13 episodes."
Mar 6, 2018 3:45 PM
Sep 2016
Cream_Soda said:
Where are we at in the light novel?
Cream_Soda said:
Where are we at in the light novel?

Volume 4 if I m not wrong.
Mar 6, 2018 3:55 PM
Sep 2016
R4diance said:
with arcs like this i can't understand how novel got any more popular than swarm of other shit pile mmo isekai

Not every epsipde will have action.
Neither every epsipde will show ainz.
And the light novel n anime is farbetter than wat u think.
Mar 6, 2018 3:56 PM

Apr 2015
people just don't know if vol 4(lizard arc) and vol 5(men in kingdom part 1,this arc) are not even good in the novel,most readers don't like it cause its boring,vol 6 is suppose to be the 2nd best vol

now i wonder if we will see the adaption of vol 6,since we are now at episode 9 and this vol isn't even finish yet,there's no way they will finish vol 6 in 3 episodes,so its like they will end this season with momon vs jaldabaoth

which mean,maybe they will make season 3 if that happen
Mar 6, 2018 3:59 PM
Sep 2016
Kytee said:
dantex14 said:

then you don’t deserve to be a fan of overlord. just like many people, you all have the wrong impression on overlord due to season 1 since it had more focus on ainz stomping on everyone. Overlord is NOT about that. why can’t you mindless action-obsessed people who only care about one sided massacre from op MCs understand the concept of world building? jesus christ the anime-only fans of the overlord community is fucking cancer

First off, its not the audience's fault that the show and the author do a poor fucking job of keeping the same theme/perspective/genre. If a movie started the first 1/4 of the movie as an action movie then switched to a drama movie the rest of the way through, would you not have the same thoughts?

World building doesn't matter at all if you don't have enough time to flesh out anything of worth. Yeah it'd be worth fleshing out all the lizardmen and Climb and Brain if there were 80 episodes a season, but when they are moving through content 1 chapter per 4 episodes, shits gonna get left out for sure.

All in all, it doesn't have to be all about Ainz, but don't waste your time fleshing out shit characters and loose threads in your story.

Those are not shit characters they r very important for the future arcs of overlord.
Mar 6, 2018 4:03 PM
Jan 2018
YANDERE ALERT! YANDERE ALERT!!
Mar 6, 2018 4:03 PM

Apr 2015
you anime fans only are wrong if you think Overlord is all about Ainz or his followers showing their OPness to weak people all the time,that's not what makes Overlord good or become popular light novel,thats why we overlord readers always tried to tell you people to read the novel,but at the same time we know its hard for you to like it,cause overlord isn't always about action
Mar 6, 2018 4:04 PM
Jan 2018
Ver o Sebas esbofeteando os caras tudo foi muito louco! Maravilhoso.

Agora quero ver o que o Ainz Ooal Gown, vulgo Momonga, vai falar pro Sebas.
Mar 6, 2018 4:11 PM

Jul 2007
joe_g7 said:

Hope of seeing 'a bit more Ains and action' is what has been keeping me from dropping this show, and it has been beyond underwhelming to say the least. I won't drop it now, I will suffer through and enjoy slapping a well-deserved 1/10 at the end.

I am so proud of you.

Some people do not feel enamored by this season, but that is no ones fault, you don't need to rant about it not living up to YOUR expectations.

I found the entire second season entertaining.
VW_guyMar 6, 2018 4:17 PM
Mar 6, 2018 4:14 PM
Sep 2016
Paul said:
The ending transition was cool. The episode was meh though. Was hoping to see more Sebas.

Lol no ..they were for role playing..
The customers would want to prostitutes to wear those maid uniforms.
Mar 6, 2018 4:19 PM
Sep 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
LukesYGO_WSonYT said:

You mixed up those last words with "Is madly possessive".

Princess sees climb as her dear dog.
She wants to put collars in climbs neck n keep him to herself.
Mar 6, 2018 4:20 PM
Oct 2014
I see the same comments in every thread. You guys still don't understand this is exactly how the light novel is? This isn't your typical isekai power fantasy with a focus on the self insert MC, it is deliberately slower and more focused on world building and developing a myriad other characters. Overlord season 1 was an exception to this, it doesn't focus more on Ainz again until the later volumes. If you don't like it well then consider dropping it, because we have at least one more season of this. I will say though what this season covers is some of the most disliked arcs in the story and it does get much better.

Season 1 (and the volumes it adapts) are not accurate representations of the series at large. This kind of story is not for everyone, but that is not a flaw. Different strokes for different folks.
apavMar 6, 2018 4:29 PM
Mar 6, 2018 4:21 PM

Mar 2014
I was okay with not seeing much ainz but can they at least stop wasting our time with super useless weak people like climb and the lizard people...
Mar 6, 2018 4:34 PM

Oct 2015
Wow Ains meeting with Sebas I wonder what's all about? Looks like Eight Fingers is retaliating, I bet the next ep will feature Ains more.

I liked Climb's spirit, but I wished he was the one that defeated that guy( I love underdogs, they make me cheer for them even if their are useless). Brain is still on some Shalltear, lol.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 6, 2018 4:36 PM

Feb 2013
I rather watch Ainz just sitting behind his desk doing bills, Sending messages/orders around to minions or just doing Quests as Momon with Nabe, than this stuff tbh.
Mar 6, 2018 5:18 PM

Apr 2015
dammit,i didn't know next episode is the beginning of volume 6,but 4 episodes still too short for that volume
Mar 6, 2018 6:31 PM
Dec 2009
i watched this anime to see ainz guild in action. they should show sebas instead of climb
Mar 6, 2018 6:35 PM

Apr 2008
I see the anime only's still fill this thread with their inane whinging and ignorance. How surprising. Not
Mar 6, 2018 6:57 PM
Feb 2018
That transition to the ending sequence is just ... amazing *o*
Mar 6, 2018 6:58 PM

Jan 2008
I'm glad the fat bastard died after having a giant hole kicked through his stomach. I bet those bitch slaps felt like being hit with a solid metal bar if it was hard enough to knock his teeth out.

So Princess Renner is a sadistic murdering Yandere. That poor maid...omae wa mou shindeiru. RIP.
Mar 6, 2018 7:16 PM

Apr 2007
Darklight0303 said:
I see the anime only's still fill this thread with their inane whinging and ignorance. How surprising. Not

Still beats LN readers filling it with spoilers.
Mar 6, 2018 7:32 PM
Aug 2016
Icedout15 said:
I was okay with not seeing much ainz but can they at least stop wasting our time with super useless weak people like climb and the lizard people...
This entire damn series is about world building, and to world build....wait for it.....you have to actually "build that world" so that includes beings that which you deem insignificant being introduced (which is funny considering for what is up to come the lizardmen are instrumental in finding a certain VERY important race of entire PEOPLE..ahem) when they actually are not, and even if they were SO WHAT? This is world building. Either get over it or do everyone, including yourself a favor, and drop the show.
Mar 6, 2018 7:35 PM

Jan 2013
Splendid episode! Seb is the best, he did a great job. Not only he but all of them.
Clain actually did a pretty good job.
I'm so happy that Seb killed that fat guy!
OMG That ending...so the princess is crazy xD That was unexpected...
And i still have no clues about what Seb's maid is doing.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 6, 2018 7:42 PM

Apr 2008
Killuan said:
Darklight0303 said:

Still beats LN readers filling it with spoilers.

There's been hardly spoiler filling this thread but keep barking up the wrong tree. It's what you do best
Mar 6, 2018 7:44 PM
Jul 2017
I feel like I’m one of the few people that enjoys season 2 more then season one. I like watching the world building, and it’s cool that the guardians are finally getting some devopment. I feel if people want to see a op character do op stuff they should watch sword art online or isiek smart phone . Does any one else feel like Sebas reminds them of Wilhelm from Re Zero.
Mar 6, 2018 7:47 PM

Sep 2011
Darklight0303 said:

No shit, Sherlock. This is for the ANIME version of Overlord. Talk about ignorance. Of course we wouldn't know anything about the manga. Piss off to the manga section.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by Raphaela28 »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2018

206 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2018

321 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 11:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.