Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever received a hate comment/PM on your profile for giving a low score to a certain anime?

New
Mar 3, 2018 8:20 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Exactly what the title says. How did you respond to the person who couldn't accept different opinions?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 3, 2018 8:31 PM

Apr 2011
It’s sad for someone make such an effort, even more sad to make an effort to respond.
Mar 3, 2018 8:52 PM

Apr 2017
Yeah, but it's not worth my time to remember what it was. I have no interest in arguing with people unless it's a productive conversation
Mar 3, 2018 8:55 PM

Oct 2015
One day, I remembered I had seen like two episodes of Gintama before, so I added it to my Dropped list. A few hours later, I got a PM from someone trying to convince to keep watching it and asking for explanation of why I dropped it.

I saw their profile and it was, as you may guess, full of Gintama appreciation stuff. Also, all the comments on their profile were responding to the same stuff they wrote to me; so I believe they sent the same message to every person who had dropped it, like some sort of Gintama preacher, lmao.

Stepped out from the darkness I contained in me.
Released myself form the shackles I helped create.

I've got the power of life in my hands,
and I intend to keep it.

My life has meaning after all.

Mar 3, 2018 8:57 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
I stopped getting hate once my Boruto review got taken down. There weren't many incidents since then.
Mar 3, 2018 9:00 PM

Aug 2007
I think I've had people ask me before, but it was mostly out of curiosity and no actual malicious intent.

gigaparseec said:
One day, I remembered I had seen like two episodes of Gintama before, so I added it to my Dropped list. A few hours later, I got a PM from someone trying to convince to keep watching it and asking for explanation of why I dropped it.

I saw their profile and it was, as you may guess, full of Gintama appreciation stuff. Also, all the comments on their profile were responding to the same stuff they wrote to me; so I believe they sent the same message to every person who had dropped it, like some sort of Gintama preacher, lmao.

I'll never understand the cult of personality Gintama has on this website, one of the reasons why I'm in no real rush to watch anymore of it.

Mar 3, 2018 9:07 PM

Oct 2010
Yes. I had someone PM me death threats over one of my scores. I ended up making my list private for awhile because I didn't want to deal with that.
Mar 3, 2018 9:09 PM

Apr 2011
Hias said:
I think I've had people ask me before, but it was mostly out of curiosity and no actual malicious intent.
gigaparseec said:

I'll never understand the cult of personality Gintama has on this website, one of the reasons why I'm in no real rush to watch anymore of it.
Same. I’ve got nothing against the fanbase of some anime but when they start going to you like some Jehovah’s Witness they give the anime and its fanbase a bad image.

Oct 2015
Hias said:

It annoys me that out of the top 10 anime on this site, half of them are Gintama.

And tbh, hadn't I joined MAL, I probably would've never found out about it lol.

and I intend to keep it.

Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Usagi said:
Yes. I had someone PM me death threats over one of my scores. I ended up making my list private for awhile because I didn't want to deal with that.

Oof, thats pretty bad.
What anime was it though?
Mar 3, 2018 9:10 PM

Oct 2017
Just thank him for his attention... since there's nothing you can do but feel pity for his existence ignorance
Mar 3, 2018 9:10 PM

Oct 2010
DepravedMagi said:
Usagi said:

Oof, thats pretty bad.

Neon Genesis Evangelion. I had the nerve to hate it.
Mar 3, 2018 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
Nah, I don't score enough to really justify getting hate for it, moreover I only have one review.
Mar 3, 2018 9:12 PM

Aug 2009
I don't think I've gotten straight up hate comments, but I did have some comments about "why did you give x anime a low score?" or like "Why did you drop x anime? You need to give it another shot!".
LoneWolfMar 3, 2018 9:15 PM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 3, 2018 9:18 PM

Oct 2015
Usagi said:
DepravedMagi said:

Oof, thats pretty bad.

Neon Genesis Evangelion. I had the nerve to hate it.

More like you had the NERV to hate it. I don't regret this

and I intend to keep it.

Mar 3, 2018 9:27 PM

Jun 2011
>.> I typically am the one leaving comments. Usually in response to a review. If someone gave me a comment, I would discuss it with them. I like talking about differing opinions. Never left an outright hate comment, but, I am sure just even questioning your precious opinion would make you think that.

Best advice: Do not talk shit about an anime out in the open unless you want it's fans to come and fight you.
Energetic-NovaMar 3, 2018 9:32 PM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 3, 2018 9:31 PM

Dec 2008
I just say "tough shit-it's a pity that you disagree with me". End of conversation.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Mar 3, 2018 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
Not on here, but I got a comment saying "you have bad taste in anime" on another site back in 2012. I was in the "think everything I watched is 100% good" stage back then.

I ignored that piece of trash and deleted his comment. I have 0 interest in talking to worthless human trash that immediately make juvenile assumptions about me.
Mar 3, 2018 9:55 PM

Apr 2017
no, i kinda want one for a laugh though
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Mar 3, 2018 10:59 PM

Mar 2012
Yes, once and the guy would not budge at all, seemed really pissed off because I rated HxH and Space Dandy with a 1, Toradora with a 2 while I rated Kimi no Na Wa with a 10 and Black Cat and Haruhi Suzumiya with a 8. I've also got quite a few of them from shounen fans, mainly HxH but they just asked me to "explain" what I disliked about it rather than straight away bashing. All those comments are from people I've never even talked with.

I've decided to not to reply to any comments asking me why I rated X with a 1 or Y with a 10. It's my taste deal with it.
Mar 3, 2018 11:08 PM

May 2015
gigaparseec said:

Well, it's pretty much a known fact that the first 2 episodes of Gintama are basically filler, and shouldn't be your actual first impression. You really should have watched more than that. I can understand why he said something to you specifically. Honestly, 2 episodes to judge any long running show isn't enough.

Mar 3, 2018 11:22 PM
Jan 2013
No lol, that'd be sad, although I've seen people going their way to criticize something because fanboyism, except on this case it were people going to Hakaba Kitaro relevant yt videos and complaining it stole dbsuper's timeslot
I don't really think I have low scores on relevant stuff that people would feel like they should defend anyways
gone bai bai
Mar 3, 2018 11:22 PM

Jan 2018
I thought ratings were suppose to be subjective, so I don't understand why someone would use their time to write you some hate mail on a different opinion.

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

Mar 3, 2018 11:30 PM

Dec 2016
gigaparseec said:

Omg, I'm recreating the whole situation you are describing in my mind and I just can't help but burst in laughter LOL

Gintama is certainly a whole cult in this site it seems

OT: No, never, but I did receive once a PM that was mocking on my profile picture. I ignored it.
Mar 3, 2018 11:39 PM

Oct 2015
Glenfinnan said:
Gintama is certainly a whole cult in this site it seems

Too bad I deleted the PM and don't remember that person's username.

But I knew I had one of the pictures from their profile somewhere! (I copied it and sent it to someone on fb)

and I intend to keep it.

Mar 3, 2018 11:43 PM

Jan 2018
I got one comment so far. I'm 12 for liking SAO. It's funny so I take no harm in it.
Mar 3, 2018 11:46 PM

Oct 2015
hazecloud said:
I got one comment so far. I'm 12 for liking SAO. It's funny so I take no harm in it.

You're not 12, you're 13 (that's the edgiest age imo, lol.)

and I intend to keep it.

Mar 4, 2018 12:27 AM
Apr 2016
Nope never had a hateful on my taste on here, but I've been on anime reddit and have had people ask me why I rated certain things low or dropped them, but they weren't really hateful about it. Merely curious, so I explained why to them and they seemed fine with it.

Mar 4, 2018 5:03 AM
Jul 2018
thinking of all the fans kimi no nawa and koe no katachi has, I've gotten none so far but occasionally people say shit cuz i gave elfen lied a 10

Ikaros_42oh said:
no, i kinda want one for a laugh though
i gotchu
Mar 4, 2018 5:06 AM

Aug 2015
No.

Is it low key bad I want one? It sounds funny.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Mar 4, 2018 5:17 AM

Oct 2010
My profile comments and PM are all fine (also I'm super slow at answering them so... sorry!). I kind of keep a low profile I guess. Some stuff in certain episode discussion threads that is not even worth mentioning but that's all.
Mar 4, 2018 5:22 AM

Feb 2018
no i haven't, but honestly that would be really stupid. like how could ppl do that?

昨日はなくなった

Whisper pink
× × ×

Mar 4, 2018 5:26 AM

Dec 2013
My tastes are very intellectual and very very superior to inferior animu watchers so even if they don't agree on the score with me they already are wrong desu desu desu

Mar 4, 2018 5:48 AM

Dec 2015
I'd rather enjoy receiving something like that. It would be amusing, and I'd enjoy toying around with a person who takes offense at my own tastes.

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mar 4, 2018 6:16 AM

Jan 2016
once someone came into my DMs to shame me for rating elfen lied a 6.
rating is all up to the individual's experience. i thought it was a fair score. and then they said they didnt even want to fight about it lmaoo
Mar 4, 2018 6:20 AM

May 2014
I let them lurking in my comment box, always good to have some lunatic anime fans that care so much about their favorite cartoon without even consider other people taste.
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Mar 4, 2018 7:14 AM

Jul 2008
Once someone insulted me for giving the Gurren Lagann movies average scores in my reviews. I replied explaining why I had scored them that way, and reiterated everything that was already in my review alongside some additional points, and they never responded.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Mar 4, 2018 7:18 AM

Sep 2011
Nope not yet maybe but that's why I tend to be picky on accepting friend requests because the risk of someone might flame me for rating low scores of certain series that they like.

Mar 4, 2018 7:26 AM

Jan 2017
Not once. It's rare for me to give low scores but what's more rare is for someone to comment on my profile, lol.
Mar 4, 2018 8:02 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah, it happens sometimes. I remember that someone got very angry because of the score that I gave Shiki. I mean, why does it even matter for them what I gave it?
Mar 4, 2018 8:04 AM

Sep 2014
I wish, that would be hilarious to respond to
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Mar 4, 2018 8:36 AM

Jul 2009
All I remember is someone bitching about Monster XD a shit show is a shit show.
Mar 4, 2018 8:38 AM

Jan 2009
I haven't received any negative Feedback over having scored a Series too low at all. However, I tend to only watch the Shows I like and I am usually easy to please.

When it comes to other Issues, then it's another Matter altogether. But even then, it doesn't last long, since the other Party usually eventually loses Interest. Still, I can count such Occasions on one Hand and I wouldn't categorize either of them on the Level of Hate.
Mar 4, 2018 8:42 AM

May 2016
I somehow haven't received a single death threat here.
The userbase here keeps surprising me.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Mar 4, 2018 8:45 AM

Oct 2017
Nas said:

Well it's because your intro says it all...
Mar 4, 2018 8:48 AM

May 2016
ZSTGL_IMA said:
Nas said:

Is it because I talk about death and me dying on a pretty consistent basis?
Formerly known as:
Mar 4, 2018 8:50 AM

Oct 2017
Nas said:
ZSTGL_IMA said:

Is it because I talk about death and me dying on a consistent basis?

The About me section on your profile lol and that too obviously...
Mar 4, 2018 8:50 AM

May 2016
ZSTGL_IMA said:
Nas said:

Is it because I talk about death and me dying on a consistent basis?

I meant the About me section on your profile lol...

BRUH
i'm a fucking idiot..... but i know that
Formerly known as:
Mar 4, 2018 8:58 AM

Dec 2016
I don’t understand why people do this. How pathetic do you have to be that a random person’s score bothers you so much that you need to go over and pointlessly annoy him or her? Even if I saw someone who rated my favorite anime with a 1/10 and said it was the worst shit he ever saw, I still wouldn’t be able to bring myself to care enough to leave a comment on his profile. Some people take anime way too seriously, lol.

What's the difference?
Mar 4, 2018 9:03 AM

Feb 2016
No :(
And I've been trying so hard to.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 10 hours ago

10 by Dracowyn »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 3 hours ago

7 by Theo1899 »»
35 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 1 hour ago

2 by LenRea »»
37 minutes ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 11 hours ago

25 by Dracowyn »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

674 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.