Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 3, 2018 4:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Beautiful, it's about damn time Jiren fights on a bit of a more even footing.

Even with him going full power, it looks like Goku in his new form isn't backing down and it felt like a clash of titans. A hell of an episode. Even Jiren is surprised and that theme song is quite badass. Personally, it's my favorite Goku vs Jiren fight from this series.

Mar 3, 2018 4:32 PM

Sep 2016
the amount of reused animation is amazing wow
at least we finally get Blanco
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 3, 2018 4:32 PM
Feb 2018
I liked it, just had a lot of reused animation, really excited for next week's episode though, towards the end, it left a good cliff hanger.
Mar 3, 2018 4:33 PM

Jan 2009
too many reuse animations but damn the ending of that episode is great, all the gods of destruction stand up in awe lol

next (next) week looks like Jiren will achieve Ultra Instinct too
Mar 3, 2018 5:05 PM

Jul 2015
Shit that makes Dragon Ball Z ashamed so as not to change. Now people just keep fighting more and more powerful like goats, and that's it, fighting, fighting and all that. I miss the time of Dragon Ball Z where we felt the intensity of the fight but other than a punch too powerful, I miss a lot and see people describe this fight as a masterpiece, there is slaps that get lost.

The animation is incredible against a high quality that I could never blame the last episodes.
Mar 3, 2018 5:44 PM

Jun 2017
nice episode.
the reused animation it was well used, but a little annoying.

I hope to see Shida in the next episode
Mar 3, 2018 5:46 PM
Nov 2015
I just felt like a little kid all again! Awesome!

Amd they really stepped up the animation for this episode.
Mar 3, 2018 5:53 PM

Apr 2014
awesome ep its just like when he first turned ssj but even crazier especially with next ep it reminds me of goku ssj vs 100% freeza

anyway 2 eps left looking forward to it
"one step at a time"
Mar 3, 2018 5:56 PM
Jun 2013
I'm not crazy, right? Frieza hasn't been eliminated has he? He's still a no-show.
Mar 3, 2018 5:58 PM
May 2015
I understand that the form requires it, but I'm really not that big a fan off the total serious mode, no talking thing. There were just times where Goku just looked funny or off during the fight.
Mar 3, 2018 5:59 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, yeah they reused a lot,also from the OP,but I don't mind. I'm rather bothered that they're still using the ultra instict theme over and over again. Still epic,but I hope we get a new one for the big final.

Fight was very,very entertaining and the goosebumps level was indeed over 9000.

Visuals and effects were also pretty great.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 3, 2018 6:00 PM

Jul 2015
Last 4 minutes were intense af. Reused animation here and there but at least they went all in with the complete ultra instinct scene
Mar 3, 2018 6:06 PM

Jun 2012
The last few minutes.... wow. And the preview... HOYL AKAFOGKOGGKOGKG!!!! Indeed, definitely the best in the tournament.

I don't mind the reused animation much. It was a little distracting, but it wasn't used badly and had some new backgrounds and ambient effects to go with it.

Next week we get Zero-Shirt Jiren too. THE BATTLE TO END ALL BATTLES!
Mar 3, 2018 6:10 PM

Jan 2009
dude22072 said:
I'm not crazy, right? Frieza hasn't been eliminated has he? He's still a no-show.

its intentional i think, they are trying to condition the viewers that only Goku and Jiren are left fighting on the stage lol

i guess Jiren and Goku will knock themselves out in the next episode then everybody will be surprise that Freeza is the last man standing lol
Mar 3, 2018 6:10 PM

Nov 2014
pretty sure that was like 4 min of fight time in total while the rest was like rehashed animation/crowed reaction but uhh explosions gud ep
Mar 3, 2018 6:15 PM

Aug 2013
They are extremely lazy with the animation (reused anime, still shots etc.), expected it to be better when they had an extra week to work.

How many times is Jiren going to go "all out"? From the looks of it, he's finally going 100% next episode. Hope it will be an action packed episode with great animation, at least as good as Goku vs Kefla.

Another break next week. The wait begins yet again.
UImoetardMar 3, 2018 6:18 PM
Mar 3, 2018 6:17 PM

Dec 2014
It was pretty awesome visually even with all the reused animation.

We've basically reached a point where the characters don't even punch anymore but stand in the same pose with effects blasting all over the place to convey what I assume is the equivalent of FTL (or whatever maximum speed term you can coin) fighting. We just see after images of the attacks now. xD

Gotta admit that the intro the full fledged Ultra Instinct at the end was pretty damn cool.

Jiren without his top clothing seems kinda reminiscent of Buu.
Mar 3, 2018 6:21 PM
Jun 2013
isekai said:
dude22072 said:

its intentional i think, they are trying to condition the viewers that only Goku and Jiren are left fighting on the stage lol

i guess Jiren and Goku will knock themselves out in the next episode then everybody will be surprise that Freeza is the last man standing lol

Me and my friends have been saying this for a bit now. It'd be a really dumb way to end the series but it seems like that's what they're setting it up to be.
Mar 3, 2018 6:38 PM
Jun 2017
So has everyone forgot about Frieza? More importantly, do they expect us, the audience, to have forgotten about him?
Mar 3, 2018 6:49 PM
Jul 2017
Looks like will still have hardships to defeat Jiren. Can't wait wait for the next episode.
The signature was removed as it was too awesome for mortals to live through.It has already destroyed 35 super computers . We have to make sure it is not used for serial killings and mass-murders.Please don't use words that can kill the mortals by it's awesomeness.
Mar 3, 2018 6:59 PM

Apr 2014
Fantastic episode, Goku White finally appeared

Next week, Jiren is going to get fucked up

Mar 3, 2018 7:07 PM
Mar 2018
if this tournament of power is done is the dragon ball super is done also? cuz goku has attained a level of a god so he has no enemies cuz if he has he can just wipe it out.
Mar 3, 2018 7:18 PM

Jan 2009
OrangeJP said:

you mean after 2 weeks since there is no episode next week again
Mar 3, 2018 7:18 PM

May 2015
*Kenny "The Jet" Smith voice in the 2000 NBA Slam Dunk Contest... "It's Over!" XD

Seriously tho... there still so much left to the fight and there is one scoundrel unaccounted. I'm waiting for his shenanigans to kick in... maybe in the middle of the fight or after the fight one thing is for sure if Frieza doesn’t try to do something I'm gonna be very surprised.
Mar 3, 2018 7:22 PM

Aug 2014
i love Dragon Ball
Mar 3, 2018 7:24 PM

Jan 2016
Wow... In spite of the reused animations, I liked mostly the soundtrack, it was pretty nice to give the episode more emotion and impact :P

GG Jiren.
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 3, 2018 7:25 PM

Oct 2017
Awesome episode! Finally we see complete ultra instinct. Ugh, the preview for next episode. I can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 3, 2018 8:06 PM

Sep 2009
What a shitty episode, honestly, I just this stupid tournament to end. The staff don't know what to do know with the power level. They broke their limits in just 45 min? Yeah, sure. When DBS ends the only arc I'll remember will be Zamasu and Black Goku.
Mar 3, 2018 8:12 PM

Jul 2017
They reuse animation and BGM... it's getting really annoying, this episode could have been 4x better. I hope next episode they use no more cheap animation.
Mar 3, 2018 8:13 PM

Aug 2015
If only goku wasn't broken before they had to make him even stronger. Soon he will be fighting on the level of zeno and dodging his erasures. Good ep overall though. His progression is insane.
Mar 3, 2018 8:21 PM

Jul 2017
At least this complete powerful form of selfish doctrine can win if or if Jiren because I know that Universe 7 will win and Goku with its full form of selfish doctrine phase will come out VICTORIOUS AND TRIUMPHANT!!!!!!!!!
Mar 3, 2018 8:22 PM

Apr 2014
isekai said:
OrangeJP said:

you mean after 2 weeks since there is no episode next week again

You're right, forgot about that

Mar 3, 2018 8:28 PM

Sep 2015
The animation was 66/6 man.

The first thing when Jiren and Goku explode was Burst Mode!

Shiny Goku Burst Mode vs Banchou Jiren Burst Mode! oh wait its from wrong franchise
Into the Internet!
Mar 3, 2018 9:14 PM

Feb 2015
That difference in power all of a sudden, lol. Goku slapping around Jiren without even trying is just too funny to watch.
Mar 3, 2018 9:21 PM

Jun 2016
isekai said:
dude22072 said:

Jiren and Goku will probably fight until the time limit is reached, then Universe 7 will win for having more members, or Goku will win and Frieza will try and knock goku off when he is out of his Ultra Instinct so he can have the wish. That's what I think anyway.
Bury Tomorrow - Black Flame

Forum set by SenpieX
Mar 3, 2018 9:24 PM

Feb 2017
So since there's a minute left in the ToP, I'm guessing that the final episode is going to wrap everything up. I wonder how's the final fight is going to be like.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Mar 3, 2018 9:25 PM

Jun 2015
ZephenX said:
If only goku wasn't broken before they had to make him even stronger. Soon he will be fighting on the level of zeno and dodging his erasures. Good ep overall though. His progression is insane.

Lmao true xD .....
Mar 3, 2018 9:26 PM

Feb 2017
dude22072 said:

See they want you to think that he's eliminated since he haven't got any screen time, but he's still in the stage. He's probably going to affect the fight between Goku and Jiren in some way. This also isn't the first time they put Frieza off camera in the Tournament of Power.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Mar 3, 2018 9:49 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit, single greatest episode of the tournament. I don't care about the re-used animations or whatever because hands down, the animation sequences were just outstanding in this episode. Whether I've been enjoying Super or not is a different thing, but I'll have to admit time and time again, the animation sequences have amazed me. Props to the guys behind it.
Mar 3, 2018 10:06 PM

Jan 2016
This is just so much dragon ball here. Fights and powerlevels don't make any sense what's so ever, reused animation made to look pretty. But it was still so enjoyable that it left my jaw hanging.

This fight will go down in history, astonishing. Sometimes you just have to let go of that criticism and just enjoy somethings!
Mar 3, 2018 10:10 PM

Aug 2017
The level of fanfiction in this episode is so strong. 2 more episodes and it's over thanks God! 1/5
NurguburuMar 3, 2018 10:18 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 3, 2018 10:12 PM

Dec 2011
I can't stop trembling after this episode.
It was so worth waiting for it and the last 5 mins of the episode was just epic.
So many awesome moment like Vegeta shut the god with a speech, Beerus shut up Krillin and the others.And at last all the gods stand up when Goku master the Ultra Instinct..
Mar 3, 2018 10:14 PM
Jan 2018
YOOOO this fucking feels like a true final fight. Only if it had the same intensity as Frieza vs Goku and Goku with super saiyan hairstyle l would I have gave it a 10/10
Mar 3, 2018 10:19 PM

Oct 2016
That Preview lol, is that Jiren in Ultra Instinct? looks like the real fight is next week sadly.
Good Episode, 3.5/5

PANDRA said:
if this tournament of power is done is the dragon ball super is done also? cuz goku has attained a level of a god so he has no enemies cuz if he has he can just wipe it out.

Yeah Dragon Super Ends in 2 Episodes, theres a new Movie coming out later this year and theres a high chance that Dragon Ball comes back after the movie, Since the manga is supposed to go ahead the ToP, when the Anime comes back it can follow the Manga.
Mar 3, 2018 10:25 PM

Dec 2015
What can I say, I guess it wasn't a bad episode, though the animation was pretty fucking disappointing. I mean, come on Toei, this is the final battle and you use clips from the opening.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 3, 2018 10:49 PM

Jul 2014
Man the reused animations almost ruined it for me, if it's not for the ending I would have been disappointed, anyway Jiren got rekt this episode

Next episode Jiren is going all out and even desperately with everything he have against UI Goku
Mar 3, 2018 10:56 PM
Mar 2014
You people who are whining like fucking children about trivial re-hash animations, are the very definition of "1st world problems" -___- STFU and just revel the epicness that is Dragon ball.

After 25 years of watching this anime, I have ZERO regrets!

5/5 !!!... any less, and you might as well be spitting on Akira Toriyama himself.
Mar 3, 2018 11:32 PM
Jan 2010
I'm sad it's almost over because now I can't get my weekly laughs over how retarded this is
Mar 3, 2018 11:47 PM
Dec 2016
Personally, this episode felt as close to the real continuation of dragon Ball z with all that talk of strategy and how Goku can improve his stance.
The music was really good when Jiren experienced Goku's mastered Ultra Instinct and (damn!) the fight left me in awe
I-I never thought that if Goku looked like a true Saiyan instead of an Earthling, he would look so cool. Ultra Instinct clearly shows how Goku would look if he realises the value of Saiyan pride like Vegeta
Plus all those characters debating about the outcome of Goku and Jiren was interesting.
Not to mention the production house used a bit of recycled animation from Goku's Kamehameha on Kefla and from the OP
Verdict: One of the best anime episode in history and it is about time Toei withdraws its hiatus and continue with a 5 parter fight between Goku and Jiren
Mar 3, 2018 11:49 PM

Feb 2018
As much as I liked the episode, I was only thinking of one thing....

Where the hell is frieza?????

Also, did anyone notice that part of the ground near the time bar (the sliding tower) was gone.. makes me wonder, what if by accident, that tower was destroyed.... would the battle between Goku and Jiren continue indefinitely???
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.