Forum Settings
Forums
New
Worth reading?
Mar 3, 2018 3:56 PM
Jun 2013
I have had I am a Hero listed as a planning to read for a long while and now that I have more time available I am beginning to whittle away at my manga list. It has always had great reviews and a lot of talk about it, however I am now seeing a lot of criticism for the ending and people saying it ruins the whole series. I am aware that in most cases it's 'each to their own', however 264 chapters is a lot of reading and spending, so I am after honest opinions whether it's worth investing in or a case of time/money spent better elsewhere?
Mar 3, 2018 5:04 PM

Mar 2016
I voted yay

If you care more about themes the ending is good

If you care more about plot the ending is bad
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2018 6:59 AM

Jul 2008
Yes, absolutely read it. It's unfortunate people have turned against it, but there is nothing wrong with the ending. Those people likely had wrong expectations about the series. The manga is about Hideo first and foremost and his character arc is tremendous.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Mar 4, 2018 7:14 AM

Oct 2015
I am reading it right now and its pretty good if your into stuff like the walking dead or 28 days later. I heard the ending is yes poor (dont know what it is yet myself) but I heard part of the reason for that was the authors father passed away around the time he ended the manga so he might have let it effect his work. My favourite part of the story was the beginning with hideo watching the world go to shit which is like the first 70 chapters.

Mar 8, 2018 10:47 PM

Aug 2016
I recommend it. It´s an excellent manga. Don´t expect your typical super badass Motherf*cker who slays all villians, gets the girl,and is recognized as the ultimate survivor etc etc... . This is a manga about real people. the zombies thing is a big plus, though
Touka said:
Yes, absolutely read it. It's unfortunate people have turned against it, but there is nothing wrong with the ending. Those people likely had wrong expectations about the series. The manga is about Hideo first and foremost and his character arc is tremendous.

Agree with you. "I am a hero" is an overhated manga for the wrong reasons. while last fight was.. well I won´t spoiled it but was definitly flawed at the end and certain issues weren´t properly explained. But the epilogue wasn´t bad. People can hate the end (yeah, Kengo treat his characters so miserably), but can´t never say the end was bad (or at least shouldn´t).

Give it a try. keep in mind good things not always happen to good people.
MichaelJacksonMar 9, 2018 3:58 AM
:v

More topics from this board

Poll: » I Am a Hero Chapter 228 Discussion

AcceleratorAngel - Jun 23, 2016

10 by Ricardoricki »»
Mar 17, 8:44 AM

Poll: » I Am a Hero Chapter 210 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2016

8 by Ricardoricki »»
Mar 17, 7:51 AM

Poll: » I Am a Hero Chapter 207 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2016

12 by Ricardoricki »»
Mar 17, 7:44 AM

Poll: » I Am a Hero Chapter 1 Discussion

Lamii - Oct 27, 2011

17 by Ani_sama423 »»
Mar 16, 10:24 AM

» official digital release when?

HibiChika - Feb 23

3 by Otakupervert890 »»
Feb 23, 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.