Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 3, 2018 7:50 AM
Sep 2017
It's the weekly fate thread!
We see a lot of threads where the question is how to watch the fate series, how about an actual thread where you tell us how you watched the fate series, and what was your reaction and opinion of it (whether you found it confusing, amazing, etc.)
“There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground ... and miss."
Mar 3, 2018 7:51 AM

Oct 2015
I legit watched Fate/Kaleid first. Look at my recent updates.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Mar 3, 2018 7:56 AM

Nov 2016
I first watched "Fate stay night" and then I've been watching the sequel until the end according to MAL infos

something like :
fate stay night
fate stay zero S1/S2
the unlimited blades works movie and then the ubw serie

watching the ubw serie was pretty boring since it was the same as in the movie

I really like the iskandar's character :) !
Mar 3, 2018 7:56 AM

Feb 2015
I watched in chronological order... So

Zero
Zero II
UBW
UBW II

I'm really good at following series so I never got confused... I was really impressed by the visuals and interesting premise... But I wish the each season was longer as it all seemed to come and go too quickly... Zero was better than UBW but UBW II was better than UBW
Mar 3, 2018 7:58 AM
Sep 2017
Nyah_Chan said:

Zero
Zero II
UBW
UBW II

I'm really good at following series so I never got confused... I was really impressed by the visuals and interesting premise... But I wish the each season was longer as it all seemed to come and go too quickly... Zero was better than UBW but UBW II was better than UBW

So you mean to say, it's not really that tough to follow fate right away with zero?
“There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground ... and miss."
Mar 3, 2018 7:59 AM

Oct 2017
-Lofn- said:

You are amazing sir. Bless your soul.
Mar 3, 2018 8:01 AM

Feb 2015
Knightmare_YK said:
Nyah_Chan said:

Zero
Zero II
UBW
UBW II

So you mean to say, it's not really that tough to follow fate right away with zero?

Well it's not the easiest series but it's certainly not the hardest... You just need to stay focused and put 2 and 2 together... Not everyone can easily do that so I think it depends on the person...

Like I got everything right off the bat, but I noticed other people couldn't understand shit... So yeah... It depends on the person
Mar 3, 2018 8:03 AM

Feb 2013
trying to read fsn because of a fate friend but not making it over prologue ->
watching f/z because of the fate friend ->
watching fsn+ubw (deen) because of completionism (note this was before ufotable) ->
watching fate kaleid seasons 1 and 2 for unrelated reasons with another friend (about the time they aired..) ->
watching fate ubw now vaguely in preparation for heaven feel and for completion reasons (i.e. 2 new fate series recently came out, better finish the old one)

and for the future vaguely planning to watch the other kaleids and new fates
Mar 3, 2018 8:04 AM
Sep 2017
Nyah_Chan said:
Knightmare_YK said:

Well it's not the easiest series but it's certainly not the hardest... You just need to stay focused and put 2 and 2 together... Not everyone can easily do that so I think it depends on the person...

Like I got everything right off the bat, but I noticed other people couldn't understand shit... So yeah... It depends on the person

Thanks, it was helpful. Also, that shencomix banner is dope!! Downloaded!
Mar 3, 2018 8:06 AM

Feb 2015
Knightmare_YK said:
Nyah_Chan said:

Thanks, it was helpful. Also, that shencomix banner is dope!! Downloaded!

HAHA FINALLY SOMEONE NOTICED!!! Hail Shenpai!!!

I made the banner myself XD... I spent way too much time on it
Mar 3, 2018 8:28 AM
Feb 2017
1) Zero 2) Zero 2 3) Fate/Stay night Deen
4) UBW 5) UBW 2
Overall it was really good. Deen/night was above average, but ufotable adaptations were lit. Never get bored. Soon will probably read VN.
Mar 3, 2018 8:31 AM

Aug 2016
Fate/Stay Night by Deen
Fate/UBW movie by Deen
Fate/Prototype
Fate/Zero series
Carnival Phantasm
Fate/UBW series
Fate/Kaleid series
Fate/Grand Order
Fate/Apocrypha
Fate/Kaleid movie
Fate/Grand Order specials by Ufotable

Will probably watch Fate/Extra first before Heaven's Feel since that's a planned trilogy anyways

Opinion of all the fates?
Liked the F/SN character designs by Deen better than Ufotable, but didn't like the series. Thanks Shirou
Didn't like UBW movie as it was way too rushed.
Thought Fate/Zero was best Fate.
Prototype made more sense than SN since King Arthur, was you know, a guy.
Carnival Phantasm's humor is a mixed bag. There were a few of the continual segments that were never funny but I liked the rest.
UBW was a bit better than F/SN particularly because of the animation and better action scenes, but the second season diminished in enjoyment compared to first season.
Fate/kaleid is a mixed bag. Liked a couple of the episodes especially that fight in the first season but when it goes about the lives of the characters, it was meh. Once it got to the 3rei (4th season) is when it got more consistently better.
Grand Order is trash but I'm hoping it still gets more episodes because I want to see Archer Ishtar Rin.
Apocrypha was bad. Got a little better in the second half but not much. Improvements began with the Achilles vs Chiron fight. Had a nice concept with the team servants facing each other but that was quickly ruined like 2-3 episodes in. Thought
Ruler would play a less shittier role. What a waste of using Maaya.
Kaleid movie good. This Shirou should have been in the F/SN.
Specials for Grand Order were garbage
MechKingKillbotMar 3, 2018 12:29 PM
Mar 3, 2018 8:34 AM

Aug 2015
i watched zero first, then ubw. just recently finished kaleid
Mar 3, 2018 8:38 AM

Feb 2016
Stay night first because it was made first, dropped it about halfway through and watched zero instead since I heard it was like SN but not garbage.
Then I watched Garden of Sinners 1-7 and that's all I've seen.
Mar 3, 2018 8:41 AM

Oct 2017
Watched in this order:
1. Zero
2. Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
3. Kaleid (the show)
4. Carnival Phantasm (parody/spin-off but I'm still adding it)
5. Kaleid (the movie)
6. Grand Order: First Order
7. Stay Night (Deen's version)
8. Apocrypha

Currently watching Extra. Pre-Ordered Heaven's Feel (first movie and my personal favorite route) so that's next on my list to watch.
Mar 3, 2018 8:44 AM

May 2014
-Lofn- said:
I did that too, but I'm struggling to continue the franchise, it's not that interesting.
Mar 3, 2018 10:39 AM

Sep 2016
1. Fate/Stay Night (Deen)
2. Fate/Zero
3. Fate/Zero 2nd Season
4. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - Prologue (Special)
5. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
6. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season
7. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season - Sunny Day (Special)

I followed the airing order, but skipped the UBW movie (Deen) because it's pointless to watch now that ufotable adapted it properly. The only reason I watched Stay Night (Deen) is because it's the only one that adapted the Fate route, albeit improperly.

As for my opinions... Stay Night (Deen) is bad because it barely feels like there is a war going on. It feels like the grail war is shoved aside in favour of Slice of Life and Harem elements, which is a joke. Saber's backstory is too vague. The ost is repetitive and sometimes unfitting. I haven't read the visual novel, but it could be that the Fate route in general isn't to my liking if the Slice of Life & Harem elements are also in the source.

Fate/Zero and especially its sequel, are the best parts of the franchise without a doubt. It's better written, has more interesting characters and an awesome protagonist. The first season lacks fighting scenes, but makes up for it with great dialogue. The second season is better because it's more impactful and it shows Kiritsugu's backstory.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works is much better than Stay Night (Deen) because it feels serious and Shirou is a better character in this one. The second season is better, just like Fate/Zero because the characters' deaths makes it more impactful and you only see this in the sequels. But it's also better because it reveals something interesting about Archer and Shirou. It's slightly disappointing that Shirou and Rin never kiss considering that the show hints that they have feelings for each other, but this is a minor issue.

The prologue is good, but Sunny Day isn't particularly exciting. It's just an alternate good ending, nothing more. Very average.

I will watch the Heaven's Feel movies, but I don't care about the spin-offs. Apparently, Kotomine Kirei plays a big role in the Heaven's Feel route. I'm looking forward to that because I find him a very interesting character.
Apoc_RevolutionMar 3, 2018 10:43 AM

Mar 3, 2018 10:41 AM

Jun 2017
Zero
UBW
Carnival Phantasm (It counts)
Grand Order

I'm planning on watching the rest but haven't had the time.
I'm a shitposter for fun
Mar 3, 2018 10:57 AM

Apr 2017
Strange/Fake
Extra
Zero
Type Moon x Nasuverse..

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Mar 3, 2018 11:46 AM

Nov 2013
Fate/kaleid
Fate/stay night (earned three characters a nickname)
Fate/Zero (dropped in Season 2)
Fate/Grand Order
Fate/stay night: UBW (currently watching)
Fate/Apocrypha (currently watching)
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 3, 2018 11:48 AM
May 2015
Saber's Route - Fate staynight
Carnival Phantasm
Mar 3, 2018 11:58 AM
Dec 2017
Fate/zero
Fate/stay night: UBW
Fate/grand order
Fate/apocrypha
Fate/KLPI (dropped after 3 episodes, because I only like the serious/non-comedic fate series)
Fate/extra: last encore (currently watching)

Still haven't seen the original stay night, because it looks too much like a comedy.
Mar 3, 2018 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
It was Fate/Zero, then Fate/Zero 2nd Season, then Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (not the movie), then Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season and then a few episodes here and there of Fate/Apocrypha, so... ^^;;
Mar 3, 2018 2:11 PM

Dec 2016
1. Fate/Stay Night 2006. Absolutely terrible, but read that the "prequel" Zero was really good, so then...

2. Fate Zero. Was not blown away by it whatsoever, too much chit chat in the 1st season, and I didn't like the char designs in the women and children, but narratively it was consistently good, so then I gave the chance to Ufotable's FSN.

3. Fate/Stay Night UBW. Better than 2006, but still...not much can be fixed when you have such a bad MC as Shirou, and the 2nd season was insufferable with all those neverending, cringey internal monologues about heroism and justice and so on. Also I thought the twist at the end felt like so obvious.

4. Just for curiosity, Fate/Grand Order. After seeing this headache-inducing abomination I'm done with the Fate franchise.
Mar 3, 2018 2:16 PM
Jul 2017
I watched Fate/Zero. I didn't have any problems understanding anything, and it is (imo) the best in the series, so a great place to start.

For me the list would go something like:
1) Fate/Zero,
2) Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV),
3) Anything else

Don't bother with the UBW movie. The series is miles better and it's the same route being adapted.

Also: Heavens Feel is being released so if you don't mind waiting, that may also be a good place to start!
Mar 3, 2018 3:31 PM

Feb 2016
I started with UBW(ufotable). Loved it and a few months later went to Fate Zero. Binged the fuck out of that and loved it even more. Then I got into the other Type Moon series from there.

My first exposure to Fate was unlimited codes because one of my homies had the PS2 version years ago. Did not know wtf that was back then not gonna lie

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.