Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2018 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, the mecha got wet.

Seems the boys and the girls are having some amusing drama. The part where Miku got trolled by Zorome was gold. Zero Two teasing Ikuno was also a priceless moment.

The most awkward moment is when the shirtless guys walks in on the girls' baths imo. Zero Two also trolled Hiro lul. However, I think the two has grown even closer now. Business should probably pick up more next episode. Nice to see the guys and girls making up afterwards.
Stark700Mar 3, 2018 6:56 AM
Mar 3, 2018 7:10 AM

Nov 2010
The photographic ending full of partiality was beautiful.
Mar 3, 2018 7:10 AM

Apr 2015
Extremely fun episode.

Again they manage to subvert what appears to be all happy times into a rather uneasy feeling. Sure they had funny hijinks just now but then the previous parasites are brought up and it hits you that they won't have long, especially now that they seem to hit puberty which seems close to their "expire date".

What I also appreciate is how this episode allowed us to see lots of new sides to various characters. I think that's the first genuine laugh we got out of Hiro so far.
Mar 3, 2018 7:17 AM

Nov 2009
A heavy dose of fun and I thought it was a massive improvement over last week which isn't a bad thing as I did like most of the beach episode, Hiro chasing Zero Two and failing got a big laugh out of me - It's kind of interesting to think about when you look back at episode 1 and how Hiro made her laugh and for the first time in the show Zero Two makes Hiro laugh, they play off of each other really well.
Mar 3, 2018 7:23 AM
Jan 2018
haydnwright said:
A heavy dose of fun and I thought it was a massive improvement over last week which isn't a bad thing as I did like most of the beach episode, Hiro chasing Zero Two and failing got a big laugh out of me - It's kind of interesting to think about when you look back at episode 1 and how Hiro made her laugh and for the first time in the show Zero Two makes Hiro laugh, they play off of each other really well.

Jian bird! Which the ep 7 final
On internet all say that 02 / hiro will die at the end of this series..
Finaly hiro ask 02 about her.. and 02 won the triangle!
Angel942Mar 3, 2018 9:14 AM
Mar 3, 2018 8:10 AM

Nov 2007
Since no one will do a proper screencap, I am doing it for you guys!

Coming back to the episode: the moment they realized what have happened to the previous 13th was a bit too much of a shock for 390. I think the Keep Out signs were put there intentionally to pique the interest of the Children and let them find out the situation they are actually in by themselves.

I have a feeling that 556 x 326 will become a thing because of the number of interactions between them keep piling up.

Also, really liked the character development we had in this episode of all the characters. The episode served as a truly bonding experience amongst the girls and the boys and also all of them coming to realization that they need one another. I liked it how the girls wanted to have 002 on their side, from a natural point of view. That's one more step towards considering 002 as someone human by everyone even though she is not.

002's wanting to experience human fights was a very nice touch in the episode. Plus for 016 for saying how the girls are the ones who go through the physical toll during piloting the FRANXX which hit the boys really hard. Boys will be boys but they are actually all nice deep inside.

Also, 556 and 390 were incredibly cute in this episode. 556 (read: best girl) in particular took the helm for the girls. Maybe she is now aware of what Boy x Girl really means because she has gone through that book she picked up from the ruins in the previous episode.

With this seemingly stupid episode, we actually got a lot of character development so can't really complain. And we also got a glimpse of UBW i.e. Unlimited Bowl Works so that's a plus.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 3, 2018 8:57 AM

Apr 2015
shanimebib said:

With this seemingly stupid episode, we actually got a lot of character development so can't really complain. And we also got a glimpse of UBW i.e. Unlimited Bowl Works so that's a plus.

Not to forget that we saw several new sides of many characters this episode. Zero Two seems to be aware about Ikuno's possible feelings for Ichigo and for the first time she wasn't composed and flustered. Kokoro truly spoke up for the first time, Miku took a step forward, saw her own mistakes for the first time.

The chase between Hiro & Zero Two also served as a nice contrast to the other pairing who were pretty much stuck in one place fighting whereas Hiro & Zero Two turned it into a playful chase which got the first true laugh out of Hiro. The chase also mirrors their first meeting in Episode 1 perfectly.
Mar 3, 2018 9:34 AM

Jul 2017
Another episode, another giant fuck you to al the haters. I love where the show is going with this, had me laughing the entire time. Also Zorome is kinda likeable now, jesus christ was he an asshole back in epsode 2 or smthin.

I swear everones gonna die at the end and im gonna cry boatloads. Pretty much everyone in the cast is likeable.

Oh yea we got a new ED too. Loving them all so far.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Mar 3, 2018 9:35 AM

Jul 2015
Nothing too dark appeared yet. It would be natural to have a previous team killed in battle.

This episode was purely character development and a warning that we will have some sacrifices between episodes from now on.

Time for a Darling in The FranXX Death Bingo. Who's going to die first?

Mar 3, 2018 9:38 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode. I liked how the girls divide the house up after the boys were staring at their exposed rears in battle all for it to backfire on both groups. Good amounts of fun and comedy, especially with Zero Two messing with Hiro and the girls and Miku getting some funny moments. It's nice they all made up in the end and realize that they have to get along no matter what if they want to survive. Also ED is nice as well.

Am looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 3, 2018 9:40 AM

Dec 2014
Really liked this episode, it was a lot of fun to watch.

Goo that destroys bodysuits eh? Well played show! Well played! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kokoro going all red when Futoshi mentioned she was the most beautiful thing he'd seen was absolutely adorable.

The fights over territory were pretty amusing and the boys made quite the comeback until Zero-Two basically played everyone. XD
I loved the chase scene between Hiro and Zero-Two especially since she was laughing and having so much fun. It made me smile and the final cinematic cut when she threw all the clothes made me laugh. xD

It was nice to see both Hiro and Kokoro especially speak up upon how important the other gender is to their squad as a whole which was nice. :)

Looks like the truth of the old Squad being wiped was pretty hard to swallow for Miku. :(

ED shots were great.
Mar 3, 2018 9:43 AM

Sep 2015
The new DARLING in the FRANXX episode was pretty great! No longer is this anime tainted by Hiro's dry narrative, now it is all about the lewdness and fun! The comedy helped me like every parasite member, and it also made the plot focused scenes more impactful. I think from Episode 7 and onwards, this series is going to be a very fun ride! Now, I am fully on board the DARLING hype train!
Mar 3, 2018 9:50 AM

Jun 2015
This episode was a lot of fun to watch. Kokoro blushing when Futoshi said she was the most beautiful thing he'd seen was adorable. The boys and girls separating themselves was amusing and Zero-Two just played everyone. Looks like the previous squad was wiped out, poor Miku.
Mar 3, 2018 9:51 AM

Dec 2010
Another interlude girls vs boys, but we get a photo of the previous team, now deceased for an unknow reason.

Fun episode overall.

4/5
Mar 3, 2018 9:54 AM

Sep 2013
Squad 13 hit puberty all of a sudden, oh boy. Fun episode overall, and there was some character development as well. I like how this show mixes in episodes that go full Slice of Life with the more regular mecha action

Cute scenes with Hiro chasing 02 and at the very end.
Mar 3, 2018 9:55 AM

Nov 2016
Well,this show went from lewd to really lewd.

Dat slime xD

Amusing episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 3, 2018 9:56 AM

Apr 2017
AdrianRubinsky said:
Nothing too dark appeared yet. It would be natural to have a previous team killed in battle.

This episode was purely character development and a warning that we will have some sacrifices between episodes from now on.

I can´t tell you why, but I'm feeling Mitsuru xD
Mar 3, 2018 9:58 AM

Feb 2016
Very fun episode. Former teams is no more, but this doesn't mean our team will also die. I am not really into rushing guesses of who dies first. Maybe no one will die. At least they have Zero Two who gives them a waking call.
Mar 3, 2018 9:58 AM

Jun 2014
A little break from the action as we see some amusingly petty drama between the boys and girls. Of course there was the heavy reveal about the previous squad to throw a little seriousness into the episode, and that, along with Zero Two saying "you're all going to die sooner or later," gives me a bad feeling about what's coming in the future.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 3, 2018 10:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so that blue gong was acid that could seep through their armour plating and melt clothing huh. Miku really got worked up because of the melting incident though huh. Puberty eh. The little struggle between the two sides though was interesting. Zero two deciding to join in though is indication of her desire to be more human though. Nice to see Kokoro get some development though. Miku sure ended up finding something interesting though. So Miku has a softer side to her too huh. Still at least they all ended up forgiving each other and their bonds seem stronger than before due to finding out what happened to their predecessors. The new ending is pretty good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2018 10:07 AM

Nov 2012
waiting for the time when hiro finally able to catch 02 when she fall..
Mar 3, 2018 10:10 AM

Sep 2013
Underwear attack is super effective

Mar 3, 2018 10:11 AM

Feb 2018
What an amazing episode! I really loved the whole chase scene and seeing Hiro really laugh for the first time. And the new ED is awesome as well, wasn't expecting there to be a new one so soon.

This face though . . .

Best girl
Mar 3, 2018 10:12 AM

Jan 2016
Ohhh the good old acid that burns off the girls clothes, classic! Trashy good episode. We got some good character development in, the only part I didn't like was Hiro's speech
which just made me cringe
Mar 3, 2018 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Fun episode, 02 was wild and it's great to see some character development. The new ED also nice.

Current 13th knowing fate of former 13th is expected though, even though we're not sure whether it simply because the enemy was too tough, they didn't have good cooperation or maybe because they're maturing.
Mar 3, 2018 10:16 AM

Jan 2009
welp not much happen just slice of life as they all enter puberty

they will all die sooner or later 02 said damn

Kokoro already read the book of sex lol
Mar 3, 2018 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
Ngl, I actually kind of enjoyed that episode. I had to ignore all the pseudo sci-fi bullcrap they were throwing at me and just take it as kids being kids but eh whatever

They need to stop with these speeches though because at this point its getting really cheesy.
Mar 3, 2018 10:21 AM

May 2017
Was a nice episode got to see a little bit of character development, other than that i see a death flag on hiro or zero two ..... hopefully I'm wrong.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2018 10:23 AM

May 2017
Exill said:
yeah that would be very romantic hopefully he isn't catching her when she's dead or something.
Mar 3, 2018 10:24 AM

Sep 2013
That bra that landed on Hiro's face must have been for Kokoro's kokoros
Mar 3, 2018 10:39 AM

Aug 2013
Well the usual fanservice this time around but at least this time it was used in such a way that describes the most clusterfuck time of being a teenager and that is puberty. I'm glad they finally covered that ground. This episode probably had the most character development of the entire series so far but man, I can feel the death flags waving. Calling it now, Kokoro is gonna be the first one to go.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 3, 2018 10:43 AM
May 2017
What's with that closed off door?
Mar 3, 2018 10:54 AM
Jan 2018
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
Exill said:
yeah that would be very romantic hopefully he isn't catching her when she's dead or something.

do you mean the kiss?
Mar 3, 2018 10:54 AM

Nov 2012
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:

I am hoping so too.. here's hoping nothing bad happen to her. But well, the "never let me go" line at the end certainly feel like a death flag to me..
Mar 3, 2018 11:00 AM

Apr 2012
Kaiser_Senpai said:
AdrianRubinsky said:

Given his ship tease with Kokoro? I think that Futoshi has more chances to dies.
Mar 3, 2018 11:01 AM

Mar 2016
Damn, i loved that episode. It was kinda heartwarming for me to see Zero Two making Hiro laugh for the first time in this series. I really hope that they survive the whole series, but i think in the last episode they are going to kill us with tears in the eyes.

If you think I'm normal, you're wrong.
Mar 3, 2018 11:05 AM

Apr 2017
RobertBobert said:
Kaiser_Senpai said:

Given his ship tease with Kokoro? I think that Futoshi has more chances to dies.

Not really because of that. Do you remember those pills he was taking? I'm feeling that brah xD
Mar 3, 2018 11:08 AM
May 2017
Awful episode, I'll have to drop.

Totally boring, the fan service couldn't be duller.
Mar 3, 2018 11:10 AM

Sep 2013
Mitsuru and kokoro is an awful pair, if they go that route and kill the based fatboy I'm gonna be mad.
Mar 3, 2018 11:12 AM

Sep 2017
I loved this episode, it made the characters seem more human despite the fanservice with it. Just like the last episode, I love to see the characters be more fleshed out, like Kokoro.
Mar 3, 2018 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
ichii_1 said:
Mitsuru and kokoro is an awful pair, if they go that route and kill the based fatboy I'm gonna be mad.

Why? Of course, I have no prejudice against fat people, and Mitsuru an asshole, but so far they have chemistry, unlike her pair with the first. And as plot have already said, Kokoro and Futoshi have the weakest synchronization.
Mar 3, 2018 11:19 AM

Mar 2013
Mitsuru is gay confirmed
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 3, 2018 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
RobertBobert said:
ichii_1 said:

Why? Of course, I have no prejudice against fat people, and Mitsuru an asshole, but so far they have chemistry, unlike her pair with the first. And as plot have already said, Kokoro and Futoshi have the weakest synchronization.

They have no chemistry other than mitsuru liking her for her boobs, it's just some ntr fetish the director has.
Mar 3, 2018 11:29 AM
Apr 2017
First of all, Zero Two best waifu, no doubt about that. Second, this show can be, and to be honest, really is suprising. At first i thought that episode 7 was another cheap, godd damned beach episode, and my reaction was... lets just call it "Jesus Christ don't do this to me Darling, i liked you soo much, don't ruin that please". Those first couple of minutes was not very fun. But it ended with really nice world building and bonding. Very nice.

And then episode 8 came with bloody slime dissolving clothes because it's soo effective weapon and survival tactic... mhhh sure. But, again, it ended with lots and lots of character development and sweet bonding between characters. And even if slime was bullshit it served as catalyst of their puberty, so it wasn't that bad.

Overall good episode, and i'm curious what will come next.

Mar 3, 2018 11:29 AM

Apr 2012
ichii_1 said:
RobertBobert said:

They have no chemistry other than mitsuru liking her for her boobs, it's just some ntr fetish the director has.

I doubt that their scenes in the beach episode and after the failing couple Mitsuru with 02 boiled down only to boobs. Of course, all this can still be turned into "bad guys are dangerous for good girls", but so far Futoshi plays almost no role. Even Ikuno has strange yuri moments, but Futoshi exists only for "ololo, fatboy are funny".

Mar 3, 2018 11:31 AM

Dec 2013
Oh dear, this is rather boring to watch. Just show us elites already.
FFS
Mar 3, 2018 11:38 AM

Nov 2007

One more lovely shot from this episode.

isekai said:
Kokoro already read the book of sex lol

That's the problem. Stop saying delusional perverted things. All she read was a book the talks about Future and Hope and stuff like that.

Fappa said:
shanimebib said:

Not to forget that we saw several new sides of many characters this episode. Zero Two seems to be aware about Ikuno's possible feelings for Ichigo and for the first time she wasn't composed and flustered. Kokoro truly spoke up for the first time, Miku took a step forward, saw her own mistakes for the first time.

The chase between Hiro & Zero Two also served as a nice contrast to the other pairing who were pretty much stuck in one place fighting whereas Hiro & Zero Two turned it into a playful chase which got the first true laugh out of Hiro. The chase also mirrors their first meeting in Episode 1 perfectly.

Yep. The episode has really done a lot of characters justice. The last two episodes did great jobs on developing the "other" main characters of the anime. When I first started watching the anime, I was wondering how they would maintain developing all the characters but if we compare all the characters that were like card boards in the first few episodes, but now they look like really fleshed out characters who have their own personalities, going through their own development, and showing sides that defy their original character descriptions.

- We see 015 who cannot let go of 016 even though she is supposed to put the interest of the team first. We see her letting go of the team and ditch the idea altogether and side with the girls rather actively in this episode.
- We see 056 who is supposed to be the mood-maker yet we see him in distraught when it comes to 015. He's been even showing not very cool side of him by taking the fight to the girls in this episode by being the brain of the boys' side.
- We see 666 who is supposed to ridicule others yet revealing that he doesn't wanna see the girls hurt. He also is the most innocent character amongst the boys actually which makes him a great support for all the characters.
- We see 390 who hates to lose but was about to give up when it came to breakfasts. She is supposed to be selfish but made up with the boys eventually and came to terms that she cannot but help how the boys are by telling 666 in a roundabout way that she is okay being watched.
- We see 556 who is supposed to be only ever considerate about everyone and talk very little but here she speaks her mind not considering what the others may think, first she did it with 326, and now she did it with 390.
- We see 214, who seems like a harmless guy but actually one of the two real perverts in the group. He is supposed to be prudent but he kept on blurting out what he actually felt without any sense of delicacy.
- We see 196, who has only ever opened to 015 in the previous episodes but now she can respond to what others have to say and share her honest opinion, which goes against her character description.

The only character who haven't let go of his personality is 326. He is still the prideful 326 at the beginning of the anime. He is still hiding the fact that he is under medications after piloting with 002. His pride wouldn't allow him to let others know. I think 556 will eventually make him ease up and really form a bond with his team members through her.

Also, I noticed the nani-ka-wo-kakushiteru-aji-da. For now, I am pretty sure 196 is inclined towards 015. She even said she wouldn't mind if they remained separated from the boys forever.

Right now, I really don't dislike any of the 10 kids. They all have fantastic personalities which makes the anime really fun.
shanimebibMar 3, 2018 11:43 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 3, 2018 11:42 AM

Jan 2009
we got some info on the roles of pistils (girls) and stamens (boys)

degMar 3, 2018 11:52 AM
Mar 3, 2018 11:43 AM

Dec 2017
i must say, even though the first half of the episode was way out of sync with the story (especially after that all 'death flag drama'), the interactions and facial expressions were probably the funniest so far in the show

other than that, it was okay

even though i'd prefer to see it in a more serious manner, but it way necessary to show the mental difference of both sexes, they are more human than 13th squad which were more of a tools
Mar 3, 2018 11:47 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It could have ended worse!!! :/
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

597 by akiramado19 »»
Yesterday, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

328 by Aazoka »»
Apr 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

565 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:11 AM

» How do we feel about this one years later? ( 1 2 3 )

sorames - Jun 10, 2023

114 by sunatsf »»
Mar 26, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

638 by SibunaC »»
Mar 4, 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.