Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 2, 2018 1:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, poor Diane. Wrong place at the wrong time as she meet more commandments.

Matrona came back right on time too :O
Kinda neat to see what Monspeet can do even if it's just a small bit of his powers.

Nice to see some new characters showing up this episode. I guess the training will begin soon.
Mar 2, 2018 3:15 PM

Nov 2007
The gangs are on the way to search for titan girl and Sakamoto-san's character felt a power.

Enemy's talk about defeating KajiKaji's character.

Titan girl met two of them. That titan woman is alive?! She saved titan girl and unconscioused her. While Truth guy takes care of the unknown force, another enemy sensed KajiKaji's character and gang.

lol @ huge green pig ate the fire (everyone's hurt)! Though the titan woman is hurt.

Sakamoto-san's character suggested to do another thing before saving titan girl because she guesses she's fine. She separated the power, which made his memory forgot about it, when he was raged for that lady who got killed.

Isolated place. Three characters.

A trial before getting the power back. So it's his turn to go back to his past where she is alive.

Both KajiKaji's character and the princess are tested?! next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 3, 2018 1:20 AM
Oct 2015
Hawk's mum is actually much stronger then I anticipated especially being able to 'consume' that attack from a commandment which was rather impressive.
Looks like Meliodas has to past this trial to receive his original power back, I sort of feel bad for him since he has to relive whatever happened 10 years ago.
Heckle was here...
Mar 3, 2018 4:38 AM

Jan 2013
I felt some anxiety with Diane ignoring whats happening lol. I want to know that Matrona history, why she's not dead?

And that trial seems Meliodas has to kill Liz or smth? This was a nice episode
Mar 3, 2018 6:05 AM

Jul 2014
Okay, so Matrona isn't dead after all? Or is that her daughter or some other sort of look-a-like? And how did her attack trap Galand long enough for a "happy reunion", when from what we've seen that wouldn't have held him for two seconds flat? Also, while Meliodas having yet another well of power locked away is kinda lazy and tedious, I can live with it if the trial fills us in a little more on his relationship with Liz and anything else that happened in his fairly-recent past that hasn't been covered so far.
Mar 3, 2018 6:07 AM
Jul 2016
I read the manga so i couldent rly enjoy the past episodes, but this one was good enought for me to be able to enjoy it.

Ah well, 4 more episodes to w8
Mar 3, 2018 6:08 AM

Feb 2013
I think that was Matrona's daughter.
Damn, painful past trial starts.
Mar 3, 2018 6:50 AM

Dec 2015
Alrighty then, we know how Meliodas will get stronger, but what about the rest?

Can't wait to see what the trial will be all about!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 3, 2018 7:30 AM

Feb 2016
Damn those commandments are really tough and terrifying. They all spit the word "Danger" to my face.

Oh so Meliodas was nerfed my Merlin? well, Time to buff up Meliodas. Now we get to know about Liz... interesting
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 3, 2018 7:46 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode again.

Was that really Matrona? It seems much more likely to be someone related to her than actually being her.

I've taken a liking to Galland and his crazy fight style. xD

Hawk Mama is total boss unlike a certain other Hawk I know. XD

We venture into the Druid's land to regain Meliodas's sealed power, now that is what I'm talking about it. I'm super interested to see what this trial is gonna be.

Also, when are we officially gonna be introduced to the last member of Nanatsu no Taizai?
Mar 3, 2018 8:32 AM

Jul 2013
The battle was short but intense. Monspeet attack also looked incredible, too bad it wasn't nothing compared to the might of Hawk mama.
This is not necessary an spoiler, but, since anime-only watcher still doesn't know the truth,

Yay, training arc! I don't know if it's just me, but I felt the part when they reach to the Land of the Druids was faster here than in the manga, but, well, that's a good thing, since the stuff who happens after the training is the highlight of the Ten Commandments saga.
Didn't expected Theo to have that voice either, lmao.
Mar 3, 2018 8:38 AM
Nov 2017
Wooo Matrona returns. Bit of relief for poor Dianes guilt. Looking forward to Meliodas getting his full power back. The trial looks like it could be pretty intense! Theos voice was a real shocker ahah.
Mar 3, 2018 10:29 AM

Apr 2014
Good episode. Meliodas' trial is going to tense.
Mar 3, 2018 11:03 AM

Jun 2014
Matrona is still alive and now the gang is in the land of the Druids. Looking forward to seeing Meliodas go through this trial.

Lelouch0202 said:
Also, when are we officially gonna be introduced to the last member of Nanatsu no Taizai?

I'd estimate probably at around the halfway point of the season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 3, 2018 11:25 AM

Oct 2017
Another great episode! These recent episodes have been paced really well, unlike the first 3-4 episodes.

Liked seeing a little bit of monspeets power animated. He's one of my favorite commandments. Also liked seeing the druid sisters.
Mar 3, 2018 11:53 AM

Dec 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
Lelouch0202 said:

I'd estimate probably at around the halfway point of the season.

So we've got a little more to go. Thanks. :D
Mar 3, 2018 2:14 PM

Jan 2017
My days I just what the action to start... The battle between the sins and commandments are gonna be epic. I'm so desperate for it.

That can't be Matrona though, she looked somewhat different to this giant... My guess is that she is a realative if not a daughter

I guess the next episode will be particularly emotionally provoking; going back in time to danafor... Honestly though, I thought that it would be to give up Princess elizabeth -since she's somehow related to the druids.
tidoesstuffMar 3, 2018 2:17 PM
Mar 3, 2018 4:53 PM

Jan 2016
Hmm Meliodas' trial is going to be very tough, indeed.
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 3, 2018 5:41 PM

Jul 2016
I did not expect Matrona to show up again. I hope they reveal how she survived. That purgatory flame bird was some amazing fire magic, yet Hawk's ate it like it was nothing.

The spinning hawk scene is very important to the episode. All they got to do is dunk him, now.

Meliodas is going to have a hard time reliving his past in Danafor in order to regain his powers. It'll be even harder seeing Liz again.

Mar 3, 2018 6:41 PM

May 2015
Damn, don’t tell me he has to live through those events again...?
Mar 3, 2018 7:18 PM
Jul 2017
what chapter in the manga is this episode?
Mar 3, 2018 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah... This trial is going to be painful alright. To think that Meliodas has to go through his own traumatic experiences once more.
Mar 3, 2018 11:24 PM

Feb 2018
DCU_Master said:
what chapter in the manga is this episode?

Chapter 127, 128, 129. so 3 chapters = 1 Episode.
Mar 3, 2018 11:59 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hilarious when the Hawks mother eath the burning fly!!! lol
This new and mysterious blonde girl giant y suppose that is the "fatty" girl giant of the before episode!!!
Mar 4, 2018 5:09 AM

Dec 2014
ok I m glad the other giant is still alive.... Diane really lost her memory... huh the episodes keep getting better
Mar 4, 2018 10:43 AM
Oct 2007
Ulquiorra said:
I think that was Matrona's daughter.
Damn, painful past trial starts.

That's what I guessed as well. The character looks a lot younger than before.

Looking forward to seeing Meliodas past which lead him to his nerf!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2018 6:06 PM

May 2014
So apparently her big sister, Matrona is still alive, huh. Seems like last ep. trolled as really good. I knew she wouldn't just die like that. Who knows, maybe even the giants can be resurrected. ^^ Good that she is with her sister. That will save her from danger, if that's her real sister.

LOL, Hawk mom swallowing the hellfire bird just like that was so hilarious and unexpected. Now that was the highlight of the ep.

We all knew what kind of trial Melidoas had to go through. They could at least try to make it a bit more unpredictable. Oh well, next ep. hearts are going to be shattered. This is gonna be interesting.
Mar 5, 2018 2:28 AM
Jun 2017
ME AFTER WATCHING THIS ONE!!! NEXT EPISODE PLEASE!!! I CANT WAIT FOR IT....

how worse for Diane that she have encountered some of the Demon clan, surprisingly Matrona came.

And ohh Meliodas true power is to be get back!!! (cant wait for this one....)

and the test to meliodas: to back to the past and see LIZ!!! (cant wait what will happen)
Mar 5, 2018 2:56 AM

Sep 2011
Man, the freaking ED gets me a little choked up everytime. The lyrics are so on point for future spoiler revelations.
Mar 5, 2018 10:23 AM
Jul 2014
Ranxomare said:
Hilarious when the Hawks mother eath the burning fly!!! lol
This new and mysterious blonde girl giant y suppose that is the "fatty" girl giant of the before episode!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Dolores probably didn't die, and returned stronger than before.
Mar 5, 2018 4:41 PM

May 2015
Yeah sure. Mom is best member of whole crew.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 6, 2018 9:01 AM

Nov 2016
Swallowing that flame bird was great,well done Mama Hawk.

And fuck,here come the feels.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 6, 2018 4:05 PM

May 2015
LOL, I lost it for a second when momma Hawk ate that firebird.

Great episode, though. Things should get really interesting after that ending.

Mar 7, 2018 7:46 AM

Oct 2008
Good episode!
Matrona is alive and came to the rescue Diane at the right time!
Hawk Mama is awesome! eating and devouring that Hellfire Bird of Monspeet!
Wow! so Merlin sealed most of the powers of Meliodas and hid it somewhere and it is on Istar! The land of Druids!
We have new characters here!
Looks like Zaneri also likes Meliodas!
We'll see more of the personal past of Meliodas painful trials next! especially with Liz!
5/5.

Mar 14, 2018 4:15 AM

Jul 2013
Goddamn a look back at Meliodas' past? Yes please! Wanna see how exactly he destroyed that Kingdom. But I'm also interested in his past past like way past this the one where he supposedly betrayed the demons or is it connected in this past? Whatever I'm just exited. Also that giant who took Dianne is probably not Matrona but that one fat giant who dislikes fighting and who's also supposed to be dead.
Mar 20, 2018 6:34 PM

Dec 2008
Theo is only 15?! Is that in dog years?
May 9, 2018 8:50 PM
Nov 2017
brooooo what's hawk mama's power level tho
Aug 9, 2018 8:46 PM

May 2012
That certainly was not a trail he was expecting! Damn, what an episode, really looking forwards to see what will happen.
Nov 29, 2018 5:26 AM

Mar 2016
NANI?! Hawk's Mama swallowed that hot af spell! Her power level must be999999999!!! Confirmed...

Puberty hit that Druid kid like a bus.

OH YES! It's finally time for Meliodas to power up (by regaining his original power) and at the same time, it looks like the story of what happened in Danafor including the fight with Faludrin and Liz's death will be told in the next episode! Finally...
Dec 30, 2018 8:57 PM

May 2016
Diane was put into a situation that was equivalent to 4 death sentences by encountering two of the 10 Commandments at once alone, with one of them being the one who kicked all their asses not too long ago. Matrona suddenly appearing with her giant Amazonian physique in all its glory and displaying her power that was potent enough to hold off against Galand for even a short while was crazy. That poison might be able to take out a dragon but a giant's a different being.

Mama Hawk just swallowing that Purgatory Hellfire Bird was insane! I was as shocked at the rest of them when she was able to just open her mouth and take in the full force of Monspeet's power like it was nothing.

The Druid leaders were certainly not how I pictured what they would look like. Theo had an intense growth spurt while Zaneri attempted to have Melodias grope air. Looking at Danafor being that big back then and remembering how deep that pit was made me realize how unimaginably powerful Meliodas was before. Seeing Liz right before him once again overwhelmed him ;~;

Jul 4, 2019 2:51 AM

Mar 2015
Mama Hawk to the rescue lel
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 12, 2019 4:19 AM

Dec 2012
Diane.
Galand found her.
Derieri body.
Kisama! You kicked Diane in the belly so hard she might not be able to have my kids. You'll pay!
Who saved Diane?
Matrona?
Dat punch. Kisama!
Hawk Mama ate it.
Mere residue?
Istar.
Dat upskirt.
Hello Jenna. Hello Zaneri.
He's 15?
Hand on oppai.
Meliodas removed his hand.
A trial.
Time travel?
Liz.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 29, 2019 9:59 AM
Jul 2017
No idea who that other titan is at the end. I haven't read the manga, so this is pretty good teaser I guess.
Jan 16, 2020 12:31 PM

Apr 2013
Okay so is Mama Hawk actually the strongest character in this show? At least she casually took an attack from one of the 10 big baddies lol
Apr 7, 2020 11:51 AM

May 2018
Why does no one die when they are killed in this series?
May 5, 2020 7:33 PM

Feb 2018
Hawk mom is overpowered, xD.
Aug 12, 2020 10:34 PM

May 2015
Hawk mama gonna be revealed to be a god or something I bet
Feb 13, 2021 1:31 AM
Feb 2021
Is hawks' mom hiding something from us?
Jan 4, 2023 4:12 PM

Mar 2010
Twas funny to see that blonde druid spin hawk like dat. This trial doesn't interest me when they are dangling bigger fish right in front of our faces.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 24, 2023 7:18 AM
Apr 2023
Another great episode. The Commandments attacking, Matrona’s return was sweet and her attacking Galand was really cool, seeing Hawks Moms power for the first, the adorable Druid Chiefs and the beginning of Meliodas’ trial was all really good.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2018

61 by Foressss »»
Mar 23, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

69 by Butterball2305 »»
Mar 16, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

65 by hidingfrom_BIBI »»
Feb 29, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

46 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:56 AM

» I love this season

removed-user - Oct 9, 2021

10 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.