Forum Settings
Forums

Moments where an anime you liked let you down?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 4, 2018 10:27 PM

Mar 2017
Made in abyss honestly really let me down with its pacing,, It made the whole show feel a lil rushed. not to mention that spending more time exploring the world and discovering monsters, artifacts, etc. could have been really cool.

((it's still one of my favorite shows tho))
" nya'll need to chill "

Mar 5, 2018 12:03 AM

Nov 2011
Ardania22 said:
So, I recently finished Hunter x Hunter (2011), and it's one of my new favorite anime of all time. However, I was really frustrated by the back half of the chimera ant arc (no spoilers) for relying way too much on obvious narration when the visuals and characters were telling the story just fine, so much so that I dropped my score from a 10 to a 9. That got me thinking: have you folks had similar experiences? Moments where an anime you really like does something stupid? Did it kill your enjoyment of the show, or was it able to recover from there? Discuss below, and make sure to hide your spoilers!

I think the narrations is the strong point of Chimera Ant though, moreover in a few first seconds of the siege part ...

About my answer, I was a fanboy of few first episodes of Erased, but the second half was really disappointed me, to the point that I don't even like the series anymore ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Mar 5, 2018 5:40 AM

Jul 2017
Chuunibyou demo koi ga shita ren
Mar 5, 2018 2:13 PM

May 2016
Marco_a_Phoenix said:
One Piece. It was a nigh-perfect shounen adaptation of the manga, but it got so slow-paced around episodes 300-500 that I dropped my score from a 10 to a 9. There's also the fact that some of the minor events that happened throughout the show were altered almost completely than from the manga, and that kinda pissed me off about it. I still love it though (even though I put it on hold).

One Piece is one of my most favorite anime, so many moments and characteristics make me proud to be a fan. I think during Thriller Bark the art noticeably changed when I think it should have kept Water 7's art style which would have looked baddass for the current episodes, and now it looks stiff and blocky.

Another thing was that they should have done a hiatus instead of butchering the anime with filler and shitty pacing around the Dressrosa arc like wtf. There are some filler that is actually pleasant to watch but sometimes just.. I mean all this matters since it gets released every once a week so it's just frustrating.

Edit: I stopped watching after the Dressrosa arc until the anime is done. RIP me. I hope it goes or has gone in the right direction since I stopped watching though :/
Mar 5, 2018 2:21 PM

Sep 2017
the endings of 2003 fma and death note were enough for me to change my score of 10 to a 9
Edward Elric > your waifu

Mar 5, 2018 2:24 PM

Aug 2017
I really enjoyed Death Note then a certain someone had to kick the bucket and after that the show was a bit of a disappointment, especially some parts of the ending.
Mar 5, 2018 2:34 PM

Jan 2018
https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=28725

Grrr.... No spoilers. Go ahead and watch, you'll see what happens.

"Nothing can stay unchanged."
Mar 5, 2018 2:37 PM

Oct 2017
ThatAwkwardDude said:
Fairy Tail.

[spoiler] I knew Fairy Tail was full of plot armor and nakama power and I knew people hated the anime because of it, but I still watched it because I loved the characters and the comedy and the plot was somewhat alright enough to watch, so I ignored the negative comments. But in the manga where Erza stopped both Grey and Natsu at the same time(mind you, Natsu is END and Grey had Demon Slayer power, two very, VERY powerful people) with just her bare hands, even while she was injured, pissed me off too much and made me lay off the manga and anime for a while, since it made me realize how many flaws the anime really had.

I can't be the only one that wanted her hands to evaporate on impact, right?[\spoiler]

Yes, Erza and Natsu is literally the worst offender of plot armor and non sense in the whole show.

It's irritating whenever I see those 2 win the battle cuz it's just plain stupid.
Mar 5, 2018 3:02 PM

Oct 2017
Here are a few examples:

-Fullmetal Alchemist 2003: I was leaning towards giving it a 9/10 until

-Berserk 1997: As with the above, I would have given this one a higher score if it wasn't for

-Death Note:
Mar 6, 2018 1:40 PM

Feb 2018
unpopular opinion here that gets me heat, but I liked anohana until the last 2 eps.

The drama was so well paced through out and it got me gripped, but the finale was too over the top that it got me crackin instead.
Mar 6, 2018 6:34 PM

Sep 2017
Erased

Shows I would've liked:
SAO

Higashi no Eden
Mar 7, 2018 11:27 AM

Apr 2010
Shoukoku no Altair: It started smoothly and then it felt like a world war. It kind of was one.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - 5 hours ago

19 by Vendicator »»
17 seconds ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - 24 minutes ago

6 by Toooooooooohru »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

71 by AleMiranda »»
5 minutes ago

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Yesterday

86 by Noelle43 »»
18 minutes ago

» What animes/manga where you suprised where made by the same creator?

Lol1268 - 9 hours ago

16 by Inter_anime »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.