Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2018 2:23 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, Keith is now labeled a suspect which I find pretty funny. I'm glad we got some backstory, which fills in some of the gaps the show had. This research facility seemed pretty messed up and directly correlates with the Market Maker group and Koku.

So wait, her memories were altered locked too, huh? Since all of a sudden she remembered.
Mar 2, 2018 8:12 AM

Jan 2016
What I want to know is who out of Market Makers has this memory-altering ability...

Now finally we get the exposition episode done well, and wow, am I surprised by what really was going on the entire time. What I do criticise is that this exposition seems to come out of nowhere - there weren't any direct hints I'm sure unless you count the flashbacks which don't really count.

As the series goes on, it's really starting to get closer to Terror In Resonance.
I'm not surprised the director worked on that show too. Of course, just because something isn't purely original doesn't mean it can't be good, but there connections are pretty high in number.
I definitely have to give props to the Soundtrack though. Although nothing compared to the also-Netflix Devilman Crybaby OST, the japanese-traditional-style music whilst the battle occurred really fit well and was a surprise to me.

But damn, the cliffhanger. I really can't tell where the series is going to go next, and I guess that's a big advantage...
ButadonMeitanteiMar 2, 2018 8:15 AM
Mar 2, 2018 5:51 PM

Jan 2009
Keith is now a wanted criminal and damn Keith knows the history of this gods lol and Koku and Yuna are genetic resurrections of this ancient gods
Mar 3, 2018 10:10 AM
Apr 2017
Wait, what is with the whole god resurrection, facility, and Market Maker group? Can someone explain to me please, thank you!!!
Mar 3, 2018 10:40 AM

Jan 2012
whaaaaaaaaaat?!
Mar 3, 2018 4:02 PM

Nov 2016
Finall got some info about the origin of Market Maker.

So far this is definitely a pretty good watch,hope it doesn't get too messy towards the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 4, 2018 2:37 PM

Sep 2016
We got some answers to questions we have. Great episode, Great show overall
9/10
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 4, 2018 5:07 PM

Nov 2015
"What", the anime.

No really, the supernatural part of the series took over and I didn't understand anything beyond the obvious and explained by Keith (altho his last monologue caught me off guard)

I guess I have to keep watching.

But oh boi, the fight scenes are good. I just hope the supernatural aspect with teens is not there just to appeal to shounen audience.
Mar 5, 2018 5:29 PM
Oct 2017
wait wtf i thought this was in some fictional european town, so why the fuck is the 1 train South Ferry subway stop here?
Mar 6, 2018 4:24 PM

Dec 2016
Wow, what an episode, full of information, backstories, and the inclusion and quick plucking out of the story of Yuna. Damn, if she's dead, which her eyes looked like she was, what a crazy way to introduce her into the story then just kill her off pretty much immediately. Yes I realize she was shown before this, but that wasn't really anything important or special compared to the second half of this episode. Damn Koku, whoop some ass fam
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 9, 2018 8:17 PM

Dec 2014
That was a fairly convoluted info dump, I pretty much understood the origin story of how, what and why things are happening but it would've definitely helped if it had been a little more gradual in terms of exposition but nonetheless great episode that shed light on a lot of things that needed to be revealed.

Fight sequence was fantastic.

I hope Yuna's alive, she cute. XD
Mar 10, 2018 6:46 PM

Dec 2015
After watching this episode i understood now where they come from and more about keith. This show isnt as bad as it looks i think
Mar 13, 2018 3:52 PM

Mar 2014
Am I the only who didn't really understand the explanation of the research facility? It was too much information at once and I got lost :(
Also, someone wrote here that this anime resembles Zankyou no Terror and I agree. I've been thinking that since the first episode. I immediately saw a resemblance between Keith and Shibazaki.
Mar 17, 2018 8:49 PM

May 2012
Holy moley that ending was way too impressive! Really one hell of an epic development if you ask me! The backstory, the action, just everything fits so perfectly! Really loving it so far, let's see what's next.
Mar 20, 2018 10:48 PM

Nov 2012
Halfway through the series, and all I can say is it feels like an ambitious project but with mediocre execution.
Mar 21, 2018 1:51 PM
Feb 2018
I am so confused. The information was too much to process all at once for me. Love the concept but it seems poorly executed.
Mar 24, 2018 12:50 AM
Mar 2012
Just hit by a truck of infodump. Important ties & big lab, market maker, resurrecting gods etc, but could've spread out a lil. Like Keith's father part or his research into gods maybe hint earlier.
Sounds like Koku's some frankenstein & one of the parts/souls killed all their friends, but the part that loves Yuna is also still in the same body.
Mar 31, 2018 9:00 PM

Jul 2013
Still confused. Yuna stabs him all hateful and shit and then she's all like where were you like this bitch is crazy. Also the plot is still kinda not clear to me. I might watch one of those explanation of what the fuck happened videos on youtube after I finish this show.
Apr 3, 2018 7:53 AM

Dec 2017
The episode was very wonderful and also it was sad :( This anime becomes more wonderful every episode
Apr 3, 2018 7:46 PM

Feb 2013
"She" refers to Yuna, the cutie.

Koku going to go berserk next episode or something.
Apr 8, 2018 1:32 PM

Jun 2012
So many plot holes...
There are so many ways this could have been executed better. Skeletons of gods? Why don't they just say they were conducting experiments on little kids instead? And I'm sure there was a better way to build up to Yuna being who Koku was looking for...

I was expecting a lot more from this, they spend so many episodes being mysterious and then when they do the dramatic reveal...it doesn't really deliver for me. It might's made more sense if these experiments hadn't been going on since the 16th Century.
May 7, 2018 5:47 PM

Aug 2017
Meh, the script is bad. Too much information to process -.-. At least, there is more action. Yuno and Koku relationship is so rushed to care about. So evil guys are doing experiments in kids because reasons. The failed experiments are the weird villains: Market Maker? :v Memory altered as plot device.

Keith is labeled a suspect HAHAHA :D.

2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 1, 2019 7:30 AM

May 2017
I agree with most comments here. The show is so freaking messy, especially this episode. What the fuck is going on. The story and the exposition is so bad. I should drop this but meh. I'll force myself through this.
May 20, 2019 11:00 AM

Dec 2018
PolarCyrus97 said:
We got some answers to questions we have. Great episode, Great show overall
9/10

Roughly in the middle of the season we get answers to all of the questions we should could possibly think of all at once. The story or lore of the place is kind of outlandish, which may be one of the reasons why the creators waited so long into the season to explain it.

I'm not impressed
Jun 26, 2019 10:49 PM
May 2019
Pretty good episode. The mind altering element is pretty dope. Hope he is taking off the suspect list soon haha
Mar 22, 2021 9:11 PM
Oct 2019
a lot to unpack in this episode:

1. winged human fossils => genetic research facility => failed subjects => evil villain government agents

2. somehow koku/black winged king is different? he's also been acquiring the abilities of the others?

3. the research facility was destroyed and many of the children died? at least that's the story yuna believes, which may be implanted memories?

4. those implanted memories are probably the ability of the guy who stabbed yuna and koko at the end? seems like that guy is willing to kill everyone to achieve his end goal. but no clue what that is

5. keith being the son of one of the researchers and helping solve some of the mysteries that paved the way for more advanced research? what's keith got in that bag he brought? haha

i liked this episode, and the reunion was nice. but i totally get why some feel this was kind of all over the place. like i said, it was a lot to take in at once. i'm still enjoying it. i think my 7/10 rating from my first watch still holds
May 26, 2021 7:04 AM

Apr 2018
Well we got answers on those clown guys.
Rip yuna in the end.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 10, 2021 4:46 AM

Jul 2015
I quess I was wrong with my original thought process. Quite a lot to unpack this episode with the project ordered by the King to recreate the winged humans and also Keith with his father. I wish they showed this information in a less convulated way other than Keith explaining everything at once, but I'm still curious to what happened at the Jaula blanca institute.

Jul 8, 2021 11:38 PM
Dec 2020
What an episode this anime is amazing but damn hopefully yuna doesn’t die this needs way more attention.
Jul 17, 2021 8:48 AM
May 2020
so basically a realistic Illuminati was formed
Aug 16, 2021 7:21 PM

May 2019
Dialogue between Koku and Keith didn't have too much of the whole "here's everything all at once" to overwhelm watchers and infodump. It was a solid interaction.

Then okay, whoa parts of Keith's backstory are revealed...
Then Keith's current unfortunate circumstances.

Bounces into 16th century scientists and winged skeleton fossils which were used as propaganda for money. Corrupt scientists trying to resurrect said 'gods'. Machiavellian suicide squad group inbred through centuries to serve the monarchy as weapons of destruction. More biologists involved until the present...hmm.

When this story started, it did feel like the info-dumping I was talking about at first, rather than having it shown through the story, Keith just spews it out. When he first started I felt cheated a bit but then again, there's more to the present and this is just the history.
Was not expecting Keith's father to be involved.

I was skeptical when I started watching this as I was looking for just a serial killer v. detective thriller without any supernatural elements. I thought the writers would just pass it off without explaining but, quite honestly, I'm here for it.

Pretty epic visuals as Yuna and Koku battle things out.

The obscure cryptic dialogue is pretty annoying.

But that ending is wild.

I love the twists and turns.
Dec 12, 2023 11:21 PM

Dec 2022
Koku and Yuna can probably regenerate from those wounds, to be honest.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » B: The Beginning Episode 11 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2018

24 by AnimeXlover78 »»
Mar 7, 8:04 AM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2018

81 by remunine »»
Jan 6, 1:53 AM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Episode 10 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2018

25 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:37 PM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Episode 9 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2018

29 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:03 PM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Episode 8 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2018

28 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 11:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.