Mar 1, 2018 10:14 PM

Jan 2008
Mittermeyer - Ono Daisuke
Schenkopp - Miki Shinichirou
Reuenthal - Nakamura Yuuichi
Oberstein - Suwabe Junichi
Julian - Kaji "fuccboi" Yuki
Cazellnu - Kawashima Tokuyoshi

What else can I say? LoGH 2017+1 is going to be a memorable parody of the original one. I literally can't wait.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Mar 1, 2018 10:42 PM

Nov 2013
- all of these are well known voice actors yet the staff choose not to cast Norio Wakamoto or any original voices that is still available
- Julian will be more annoying than he already is and started screaming like a sissy.
- and those character design thou.

I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Mar 2, 2018 12:33 AM
Jan 2015
Those character designs lmao. Terrible. And it's a cgi fest.

Gonna pass
Mar 2, 2018 4:21 AM
Aug 2017
Couldn't even recognize Cazellnu lol. I also thought Oberstein was Reuenthal based on his character design. Julian looks basically the same age as everyone else in the new art style. Can't say much for voice actors, but it will be difficult to live up to the OVA who had some of the greatest talents of the time in terms of vas (and just in general). I'm still cautiously optimistic about the show, and I'm hoping it can recapture some of the storytelling prowess of both the novels and the previous adaptation. If it does that then I will be satisfied. Will it do that? Well, we just have to wait and see I guess. April 3!
Mar 2, 2018 4:33 AM

Jan 2015
Mixed feelings about the cast, I like these actors in general but i'm not sure how they'll fit with the characters in question. And while the character designs aren't half bad by modern anime standards (which are pretty low), they're a huuuuuge downgrade from the original ones.
Zura_OrokamonoMar 2, 2018 4:46 AM
Mar 2, 2018 4:35 AM

Jul 2007
I've never thought about suicide but this is making me reconsider.
Mar 2, 2018 4:49 AM

Nov 2012
Scud said:
I've never thought about suicide but this is making me reconsider.

Lmao.

Come on.. what's so bad about them? i mean, sure.. they aren't as good as the old designs, but the 80s OVA has established a high standard. i'm not surprised the new designs don't compare and feel like a downgrade. although, on their own and without comparing them to the old OVA, they're pretty much okay.

Mar 2, 2018 8:41 AM
Aug 2017
They are ok by being the exact same designs we have been stuck with for the past few years.
Mar 2, 2018 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
The original designs from the original anime looks ugly as shit tbh, not to mention that the series suffered from pacing which is a big ass turnoff for me. It's one of the worst pacing establishments in any anime... like, ever for me.

With that taken out of the way the choice and additional designs don't look that bad to be fairly honest. Hopefully the remake can be actually fix the mass issues I had with the original.
Mar 2, 2018 11:37 AM
Aug 2017
Well, I mean of course the character designs in the original were not that great as the series was being produced on a relatively low budget during an economic depression, but at least those designs fit the characters and were distinct from many anime of the day. These are just the same designs we see everywhere nowadays, not distinct at all. Even worse, some of the characters like Yang should not have these designs, as it does not represent the thirty-year-old aloof peace loving admiral at all. I also don't think the pacing of the original is bad. Every episode served a narrative purpose, whether to flesh out the characters or to describe history to us in a clever documentary fashion or to show the brutality of war and its effects on the citizens. It truly is astounding to see all of this explored organically in a show, and it would not be the case if the series was faster paced. There are points where the series would benefit from being faster, however, the majority of the time the slow pacing made the show better than it would be with quick pacing. It really isn't an issue. If it affected your enjoyment in any way, then I suppose that is one thing but it is not really an issue as far as I can see.
Mar 2, 2018 8:39 PM

May 2015
Alright, I've grown to accept Yang's design. But these new designs are awful. There is no way Julian looks like that. He looks like a blonde Kuroko.
Mar 2, 2018 11:08 PM

Aug 2016
one anime less to watch this upcoming season.
:v
Mar 3, 2018 2:24 AM

Aug 2015
I like the character designs
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2018 6:20 AM

Apr 2016
I literally died at Oberstein's design...
Mar 13, 2018 7:32 AM
Mar 2017
Bless me... but they all look like fujo bait. Why I.G.?
Mar 17, 2018 8:00 AM
Jan 2015
Reuenthal is .... horrible
They ALL looks like they have the same age
AP_974Mar 17, 2018 8:22 AM
Mar 17, 2018 8:09 AM

Sep 2017
thatanimesnob, i summon you!
this looks like shit, thanks production ig for making literally nothing good and turning this into yaoi
Edward Elric > your waifu

Mar 17, 2018 7:47 PM

Jun 2012
Ehhh designs aren't that bad. Only ones I dislike are Siegfried (from the pv), Julian, and Alex. I just hope the seiyuus do a good job.
Mar 18, 2018 11:05 AM

Dec 2016
I can't imagine Anne-Rose or Bewcock now.
Mar 19, 2018 5:06 AM

Apr 2015
Why am i having a really bad feeling about it ?
Mar 19, 2018 6:05 AM

Feb 2013
I would show (and did in the past) the old designs and the whole OVA to my friends who dont watch anime and some even got interested.

I wouldnt show these new designs to them. The new series seems strictly targeted at anime fans while the old has broader appeal and looks more serious. In my opinion.
Mar 19, 2018 8:14 AM

Dec 2015
For most of them I liked the old faces more. Really looks a bit like some bishounen anime. Even a guy with glasses. Cazellnu or Cazerne (the new official name according to the website) ... did he even have glasses in the old version? I don't think so. At least not in old screenshots I found.

But the clothes and stuff are cool. Looks better in the new version.

I wanna see Trunicht and Rubinsky ha ha.
Mar 19, 2018 8:35 AM

Dec 2013
Nuuuu! Why can't Norio Wakamoto just reprise his role as Reuenthal? That man's voice is gold and he's still an active as a seiyuu D:
Mar 21, 2018 6:23 AM
May 2015
I really like the character design and voice actors. They choose the best voices to dub.
Mar 21, 2018 8:56 PM

Oct 2010
Oh LotGH, what in the fuck have they done to you? These look like absolute generic modern anime garbage.
Mar 21, 2018 9:06 PM

Feb 2015
Here's hoping that they keep the old designs for the characters on MAL.
Will have to make a collage of my favs if they don't, 'cause I sure don't want to see the new ones on my profile.
Mar 21, 2018 9:06 PM

Jan 2011
nope thats not Reuenthal
Mar 21, 2018 9:27 PM

Jul 2012
amazing seiyuu team, especially having mamo and suzuken as main leads. very hyped now.

BoscoChou said:
but they all look like fujo bait. Why I.G.?
i'm glad, at least we can get more girls in this fanbase
Mar 22, 2018 3:37 AM

Jan 2015
Aemnesias said:
Will have to make a collage of my favs if they don't, 'cause I sure don't want to see the new ones on my profile.

They changed them when Reinhard and Yang were announced, then quickly reversed to the old ones.
Mar 22, 2018 5:35 AM

Feb 2015
Zura_Orokamono said:
Aemnesias said:

They changed them when Reinhard and Yang were announced, then quickly reversed to the old ones.

Yeah I know, but from my understanding it was intended as a jest since there was a thread making fun of this possibility created shortly before the actual change. Still removed Yang from my favs for a few days due to that.
Now if they were to permanently changee them, well that's another story...
rahillimitciMar 22, 2018 5:46 AM
Mar 22, 2018 6:38 PM

Apr 2010
They should repaint Oberstein's hair in blonde and take Sakurai Takahiro as voice actor for him ASAP!
Mar 22, 2018 7:29 PM

Nov 2015
Dlwuik said:
thatanimesnob, i summon you!
this looks like shit, thanks production ig for making literally nothing good and turning this into yaoi

#1 Don't call snob here.

https://goo.gl/images/8zq79R
#2 the OVAs had yaoi bait too.^
HACKs! ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ
Mar 23, 2018 9:37 AM

Nov 2012
Mayuka said:

BoscoChou said:
but they all look like fujo bait. Why I.G.?

I don't think the show need those kinds of fans. weeaboos who watch anime for the sake of good looking characters, whether they're cute moe girls or bishounens, wouldn't typically be interested in heavy shows like LOGH.

Plus, i don't think having good looking characters would make them interested in a show without some fanservice. which is probably not gonna happen in the anime.
Mar 23, 2018 9:47 AM

Jul 2012
Don1Joker said:
Mayuka said:

I don't think the show need those kinds of fans. weeaboos who watch anime for the sake of good looking characters, whether they're cute moe girls or bishounens, wouldn't typically be interested in heavy shows like LOGH.

Plus, i don't think having good looking characters would make them interested in a show without some fanservice. which is probably not gonna happen in the anime.
No, you don't get my point lol

A lot of girls I know wouldn't watch something with non-bishounens. They can appreciate a good story but they need the visuals to appeal to them first before they can immerse themselves in the story. I'm glad that this show will have that first thing to get more people interested at least. I could care less for the toxic fans who just watch something to ship two girls/guys but I'm referring to people who actually appreciate the story and characters.
Mar 23, 2018 9:54 AM

Oct 2015
Oh sweet, Reinhard will have the same voice actor as Nagai Kei and Light, my two favorite sociopaths.

๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ซ๐”ž ๐”ฑ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐” ๐”ฅ ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ,
๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ซ' ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ ๐”ด๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฉ ๐”ช๐”ถ ๐”ช๐”ฆ๐”ค๐”ฅ๐”ฑ

Mar 23, 2018 10:03 AM

Nov 2012
Mayuka said:
Don1Joker said:

A lot of girls I know wouldn't watch something with non-bishounens. They can appreciate a good story but they need the visuals to appeal to them first before they can immerse themselves in the story. I'm glad that this show will have that first thing to get more people interested at least. I could care less for the toxic fans who just watch something to ship two girls/guys but I'm referring to people who actually appreciate the story and characters.

Well, that's weird. i understand people who appreciate both visually attractive characters and content, but refusing to watch a show unless there's some eye candy is completely alien to me. if i wanted an eye candy i would go watch attractive people in movies/TV series.

To each their own, i guess.
Mar 23, 2018 10:04 AM

May 2015
If This turns out into a YAOI Fanfest I'll kill my Dog and burn his house.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2018 2:49 PM

Jul 2012
Don1Joker said:
Mayuka said:

Well, that's weird. i understand people who appreciate both visually attractive characters and content, but refusing to watch a show unless there's some eye candy is completely alien to me. if i wanted an eye candy i would go watch attractive people in movies/TV series.

To each their own, i guess.
Nah, I have some IRL friends who don't like bad art (not bad, but average looking characters). They want the full package - good looking characters, good story, good voice actors, good music. They wouldn't be interested if the characters looked plain or average. I, myself, don't really care though. It's definitely a bonus to have eye candy AND a great story.
Apr 3, 2018 4:24 PM

Dec 2015
Has anyone managed to identify all the chars shown in the ending?
I guess it will be hard. Since from Cazerne (Cazellnu) we know they tried a totally different look/design and might do that for other chars as well.

That one empire guy looking to the right with the hairs tied up ... almost seems like he could be Ovlesser even though Ovlesser had a totally different hair color in the old OVA.

Also I don't know which one is Bucock in the ending. I guess the other one might be Fischer. I don't even remember all the chars ... checked the Gineipaedia to see what chars appeared in the old OVA and those have grey/white hair.
Apr 10, 2018 7:36 AM

Dec 2015
Luthandorius said:
That one empire guy looking to the right with the hairs tied up ... almost seems like he could be Ovlesser even though Ovlesser had a totally different hair color in the old OVA.

Also I don't know which one is Bucock in the ending. I guess the other one might be Fischer. I don't even remember all the chars ... checked the Gineipaedia to see what chars appeared in the old OVA and those have grey/white hair.
After episode 2 I'm pretty sure that guy is Ovlesser. We could see him at the end in the palace when Reinhard got promoted. And we saw the same scar on the other side of his face.

Also I can try to compare the face of Fisher from the episode. And we saw a blonde guy behind Merkatz - which has to be Schneider. (Old version his hair color was different.)

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

12 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.