Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 2, 2018 5:33 AM

Aug 2017
Signifie said:
"Why the fuck did [anime I don't like] win and not [my favourite anime]? Rigged bullshit.

I mean, i-it's not like I actually care about the awards or anything!"

Ctrl C + V this reaction for basically every award show.

Exactly. I don’t watch nor care for award shows. They mean nothing to me.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Mar 2, 2018 5:38 AM

Aug 2017
kasgier said:
For me the biggest problem is not with the winners, but the way the awards are organised. I see a few problems there:
1. Names of some awards. Best Boy and Best Girl automatically exclude adult characters. It should instead be named Best Male and Best Female Character to give everyone a chance.
2. Nominating 2 characters from the same anime in one category. It's just unfair and the nomination could be given to another character.
3. Nominating shows in categories they don't really belong to. As much as I love Mahoutsukai no Yome it's not really a drama. It shouldn't even be nominated in that category.

I agree with you. But point 2.) .....i understand, but I feel a way
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Mar 2, 2018 5:46 AM

Dec 2016
Halpher said:

Sure you can disagree with selections and which show won, but everyone is overexagerrating. Just because a show won too many times or a show didn’t win doesn’t mean something was bad, but mainly that not many thought the same as them. You got people now dismissing others as if they got the winners wrong.
Mainly, I would complain about the nominations and not the winners. This is for the fans and the fans spoke, but people are mad that they didn’t ”Say the same words as them”
That ifony when people complain about favoritism with favoritism.

People don't get that these aren't awards, but popularity polls. Obv the most popular ones are gonna win said "awards". If they were actual awards, then ofc, the winners were shit. No doubt in that.
Mar 2, 2018 6:04 AM

Aug 2017
Sonal1988 said:
Halpher said:

Sure you can disagree with selections and which show won, but everyone is overexagerrating. Just because a show won too many times or a show didn’t win doesn’t mean something was bad, but mainly that not many thought the same as them. You got people now dismissing others as if they got the winners wrong.
Mainly, I would complain about the nominations and not the winners. This is for the fans and the fans spoke, but people are mad that they didn’t ”Say the same words as them”
That ifony when people complain about favoritism with favoritism.

People don't get that these aren't awards, but popularity polls. Obv the most popular ones are gonna win said "awards". If they were actual awards, then ofc, the winners were shit. No doubt in that.

I feel a strong arrogance resonating in the anime community when it pertains to the west. They make it seem that they’re so important. The world doesn’t care about these awards. Japan is the country where anime is produced and where it is intended for audiences there and they don’t seem to care. We act as if the Crunchyroll awards are that important. I feel sometimes people make it seem like the center of the universe.
The AniTubers being treated like Celebrities, where are the people who actually produced these shows? I would like to see someone interview Mangaka and for them to talk about their show. What about letting the production team come up and talk about how stuff is like.

Anime fans act like experts despite many not being in he industry. They only know what people let them know.
Jobs are more than people applying their professions.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Mar 2, 2018 6:07 AM

Dec 2016
Halpher said:

I feel a strong arrogance resonating in the anime community when it pertains to the west. They make it seem that they’re so important. The world doesn’t care about these awards. Japan is the country where anime is produced and where it is intended for audiences there and they don’t seem to care. We act as if the Crunchyroll awards are that important. I feel sometimes people make it seem like the center of the universe.
Anime fans act like experts despite many not being in he industry. They only know what people let them know.

I suppose that's bc we don't have any other 'authoritative' awards.
Second, arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand. You will find that it's more of sub watchers than dub watchers who whine about such insignificant things - feeling superior about watching subs comes with the territory, and that arrogance extends to the whining that you're pointing out.

There's a reason all these people are single, you know. It's because of their terrible personalities and attitudes.
Mar 2, 2018 6:07 AM

Nov 2009
Halpher said:
Sonal1988 said:

The AniTubers being treated like Celebrities, where are the people who actually produced these shows? I would like to see someone interview Mangaka and for them to talk about their show. What about letting the production team come up and talk about how stuff is like.

Well, there's no interview but we do have Tokyo Anime Awards where judges from anime staffs,producers, professors of universities give award to anime.

Various talents participate to judge, such as anime staffs, professors of the universities, producers and chief editors of various magazines including the anime magazines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Anime_Award
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Mar 2, 2018 6:14 AM

Mar 2016
Good! Another threat about nothing...
Next year will be the same so what's the point?

Halpher said:
Does anyone watch the grammys, oscars? Choices win that many felt shouldn't have.
Grammys are shit and the OSCARS are the most corrupted awards nowadays... So, if a movie wins, it's probably not that good. :)
Mar 2, 2018 6:59 AM

Aug 2017
Vyzass said:
Halpher said:

Well, there's no interview but we do have Tokyo Anime Awards where judges from anime staffs,producers, professors of universities give award to anime.

Various talents participate to judge, such as anime staffs, professors of the universities, producers and chief editors of various magazines including the anime magazines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Anime_Award

I did not know about that. I would watch it just to hear insight from animators.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Mar 2, 2018 8:00 AM
Jan 2018
Halpher... at it again. Telling us his opinion on other people's opinions.

"It's just anime," you say?

It's just their opinion, I say. So what now?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

32 by Notoshin »»
3 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 hours ago

28 by Ende_uraa »»
5 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

119 by Hoppy »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 5 hours ago

24 by Kurgo »»
28 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

170 by perseii »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.