Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 1, 2018 12:09 PM

Dec 2014
Alright my fellow TKA addicts, since a third trailer is out I thought we could create a whole topic about the OVA for anything related to it. Who else is hyped? Oh boi, it's not even that long anymore until April 27th!

MAL page

I'll just copy-paste from the comments. x)

PV1
《再起荣耀》Quan Zhi Gao Shou OVA May 2018 Trailer 1: Glory again! HD 全员登场,荣耀再临!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-jRTkNztAU

PV2
Quan Zhi Gao Shou 《再起荣耀》OVA 2018 Trailer 2 : All-Stars Tournament ( April 27, 2018)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvibKHfs7ik

PV3
The King's Avatar OVA Trailer 3
https://m.weibo.cn/status/4212855576548041
CyandrisMar 3, 2018 10:20 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 6, 2018 12:44 PM

Sep 2015
I am scared and hyped.
I know that the OVA won´t do justice to the Arc. This is sad.
I mean there are around 50 Chapters? And we get one Episode? And this one, has 30 Minutes airing time?

Edit:
Sorry. Thought we only get 1 Episode.
But even 3 won´t do justice tho
Apr 6, 2018 12:45 PM

Dec 2014
I think it's getting 3 episodes, so it should be fine. ;-)
Apr 6, 2018 12:51 PM

Sep 2015
Cyandris said:
I think it's getting 3 episodes, so it should be fine. ;-)

Yeah just saw it.
Still won´t do justice.
I mean first the Rookie Challenge. We need to see at least 2 Fights for the Main Plot. Actually 3. And then skipping the rest. But this should take 1-2 Epiosdes already. Otheriwse it won´t be good.
And then we get the Su Mucheng Challenge, you need that for the Plot again. Then the fight, plus the Ye Xiu Action. Then the Conversation.
And the last Team Battle. Even that is nearly impossible in 3 Episodes.
And here I skip like 30% - 50 % of that Arc. Soo yeah I guess they will skip 75% of that brilliant and really important Arc.
Apr 6, 2018 1:01 PM

Dec 2014
YorozuyaSeele said:

Still won´t do justice.
I mean first the Rookie Challenge. We need to see at least 2 Fights for the Main Plot. Actually 3. And then skipping the rest. But this should take 1-2 Epiosdes already. Otheriwse it won´t be good.
And then we get the Su Mucheng Challenge, you need that for the Plot again. Then the fight, plus the Ye Xiu Action. Then the Conversation.
And the last Team Battle. Even that is nearly impossible in 3 Episodes.
And here I skip like 30% - 50 % of that Arc. Soo yeah I guess they will skip 75% of that brilliant and really important Arc.

Don't go destroying my positive outlook here. We get 30 mins per episode, that's quite a bit. The fights will be a lot more fast paced in the OVA than they are in the manga, so they can probably fit them into one episode. Also, they can skip a lot of unimportant stuff from the fights, I guess they'll only really show the most outstanding scenes. But holy shit, you're right, how tf will they be able to fit the whole day 2 in one episode? My guess is day 3 will be cut short and will only take a part of episode 3. Somehow. xD

I have hope, and 1.5 hours for the arc should be ok at least. I mean, we can't expect an animation to be as elaborate as a novel. That was also the case for the first season and it happens all the time when an anime is based on a novel.
Apr 6, 2018 1:15 PM

Sep 2015
I have pretty low expectations here.
I mean, you don´t really need these two Fights but are important for the later parts.
The first one is with Wang Jiexi against his Newling. And Lin Jingyan against Tang Hao.
These two aren´t that important. But actually they are cause you need them to understand the development of the Characters.
Then you have two must Fights.
The one from Yifan. You need that one. Cause Ye Xiu, then his development. You need it.
And one more must fight is Sun Xiang against Han.
So first Day is over.
Second Day. You can skip the Mini Games. The second is a must have.
Then the Pro vs Player. There you got three Battles. Or you skip Development again. First the win from Tang Rou. Then her lost. Then her win. Then her lost. Then you do a fast speed, Shows hs wins. And then Ye Xiu Battle. Then him escpaing and chatting with Su Mucheng.
Afterwards the whole Conversation and such.
2nd Day is over.
And we still need to see the third day. That´s just too much. And impossible.
This whole fight will take one Episode. Otherwise it is tooo fast.
Apr 6, 2018 1:16 PM

Sep 2015
And from the Trailers it seems like they don´t wanna skip that much. Soo the Fight will be extremely fast paced. And won´t get the needed attention.
Damn.
I am sad
May 11, 2018 8:51 PM
May 2018
2nd Day is over.

Will there be a 3rd day for the Allstar? When is the estimated release date of Season 2 on 2019?
May 13, 2018 3:50 AM

Sep 2015
phildstrong said:
2nd Day is over.

Will there be a 3rd day for the Allstar? When is the estimated release date of Season 2 on 2019?

I watched it.
And it skips way too much.
I mean the whole Conversation at the End of Day 2. This is important. And they skipped it. Then, I don´t think that we will see the third day in Season 2, cause it is just Character Development for Su Mucheng. And since they skipped the Background for Ye Xiu.
Saying, I don´t think they will show us this last day.

But hey, I am fine. I didn´t have high standards to this OVA. Because the first Season was already like that. So yeah.

Second Season will be in July 2019, probably. Not sure tho.
Jun 24, 2019 5:15 PM
Mar 2019
YorozuyaSeele said:
phildstrong said:
2nd Day is over.

I watched it.

And it skips way too much.
I mean the whole Conversation at the End of Day 2. This is important. And they skipped it. Then, I don´t think that we will see the third day in Season 2, cause it is just Character Development for Su Mucheng. And since they skipped the Background for Ye Xiu.
Saying, I don´t think they will show us this last day.

But hey, I am fine. I didn´t have high standards to this OVA. Because the first Season was already like that. So yeah.

Second Season will be in July 2019, probably. Not sure tho.

I havent read the WN but i like the first season and the ova of 3 episode. They were both good in general. they will probably talk about Ye Xiua background in the movie in august 2019.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Quan Zhi Gao Shou 2nd Season

fampar - Dec 31, 2019

3 by fampar »»
Sep 15, 2020 4:53 PM

» "Quan Zhi Gao Shuo - Top Glory - The Summit of Glory" Movie

fampar - Apr 29, 2019

0 by fampar »»
Apr 29, 2019 5:17 PM

» Music of Quan Zhi Gao Shou - SPecial Episodes AKA: OVAs

fampar - May 6, 2018

0 by fampar »»
May 6, 2018 10:09 AM

» Adding The Novel to the Database

YorozuyaSeele - Aug 22, 2017

6 by YorozuyaSeele »»
Mar 10, 2018 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.