Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 1, 2018 2:52 PM

Dec 2017
That map app seems really unreliable considering it doesn't know that a road is closed the whole year. Poor Rin meeting misfortune again.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Mar 1, 2018 3:26 PM

Sep 2013
Nadeshiko sick so rin went alone, chiaki and her spends some time with her too.
Rin tends to oversleeps :)
Mar 1, 2018 4:17 PM

Nov 2015
Every episode this show just gets better!

Katsura janai, Zura da

Mar 1, 2018 4:28 PM

Jun 2017
That was amazing how Chiaki played herself lol, Nadeshiko's family is sure is something XD. Rin had great moments too, I was expecting her to be assaulted by a dog at the dog shrine but it didn't happen.
Mar 1, 2018 4:57 PM

Apr 2013
Feeling lazy and tired today... I don't think i will make any gifs or stitches but i might...

In total 77 Gifs and 5 Stitches
Yuru Camp Gifs for Episode 09
Nadeshiko's Family Eating Gifs

Random Gifs

Alternative Gifs

Yuru Camp - 09 I caught a cold v2 of 2 (Short)

Yuru Camp - 09 Leave my body behind! Part 1 of 2

Yuru Camp - 09 No souvenirs if you fall asleep Part 2 of 2

Yuru Camp - 09 Sick in bed v1 of 2 A wild Nadeshiko appears!

Yuru Camp - 09 Iron Claw v2 of 3 (Short)

Yuru Camp - 09 Red Light v1 of 3(Full)

Yuru Camp - 09 Road block v1 (Smug, Full)

Yuru Camp - 09 Road block v2 Winter road closures

Yuru Camp - 09 Nadeshiko Shock v1 of 3 (Full)

Yuru Camp - 09 Mushroom Empire v2 of 2 (HorribleSubs)

Yuru Camp - 09 Doggy Temple v1 of 4 (Full)

Yuru Camp - 09 So, you've noticed? v1 of 3 (Full)

Yuru Camp - 09 Imouto, Pretty please? v1 of 2 (Short)

Yuru Camp - 09 Aki-chan's Houtou

Yuru Camp - 09 Nadeshiko's Okasan (Nadeshiko's family 1 of 3)

Yuru Camp - 09 I Can't Wait x3

Yuru Camp - 09 Nadeshiko's Otousan (Nadeshiko's family 2 of 3)

Yuru Camp - 09 Instinctual Understanding v2 of 2 (Cheating)

Yuru Camp - 09 I'm home (Nadeshiko's family 3 of 3)

Yuru Camp - 09 C-Cute v5 of 5 (Full) You win this round, dumb doggies.

Yuru Camp - 09 This is... insanely good v3 of 3 (Short)

Yuru Camp - 09 Relaxing v1 of 2 (Short)

Stitches for Episode 09
Yuru Camp - 09 Shima Rin v1

Yuru Camp - 09 Nadeshiko v1 Hungry for Houtou

Yuru Camp - 09 Shima Rin v2 Relaxing

Yuru Camp - 09 Shima Rin v3 Dog Fortune

Yuru Camp - 09 Nadeshiko v2 Rin's Dream
duderusMar 2, 2018 7:13 PM

Mar 1, 2018 5:18 PM

Nov 2009
Not enough camping tbh, cooking part was funny but at the same time not what I'm watching for at all.
Mar 1, 2018 5:23 PM

Nov 2013
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
i

am going

to die

of

a fucking

heart attack

is it bad that i heard Hinata's voice while reading this? like when she is almost screaming LOL
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 1, 2018 5:26 PM

Nov 2012
duderus said:
Feeling lazy and tired today... I don't think i will make any gifs or stitches but i might...

Take your time man, this anime's relaxing atmosphere makes us whisk ourselves to dream land sooner than we think.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Mar 1, 2018 5:43 PM

Oct 2013
Chiaki manages to pull off some gourmet houtou. It was funny how additional family members keep showing up, and that threatening moment between Sakura and Chiaki ended up with praise for Aki-chan's cooking skill.

Rin's journey was interesting. Taking the shortcut that ended up closed and meeting the mountain climbers, the dog shrine, and hot spring. Too bad she lingered too long over her dinner and missed her camping.
Mar 1, 2018 5:44 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
winddevil1 said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
i

am going

to die

of

a fucking

heart attack

is it bad that i heard Hinata's voice while reading this? like when she is almost screaming LOL

LMAO well Hinata is the moe waifu of the season for me<3

i LOVE your signature and it definitely highlights some of the best girls this season, i love all of them

its honestly a toss up between Hinata and Hitomi.. Hitomi is SOOOOOOOOOO SEXY, and Hinata is so kawaii<3

i love how your Hinata image is the same scene as my avatar xD
Mar 1, 2018 6:01 PM

Jul 2016
Hell yeah! We got the score above an 8, now. Good going guys. Now onto the episode. Rin was annoyed when the road was closed. I hate it when the way I want to go is blocked off too. Nadeshiko was so upset that she couldn't go camping. I love it how her sister just holds her back, right after she decided to t y to go because she feels better. Aki and Nadeshiko definitely acted like those friends, who you love, but want to hit at the same time. Their text fight was just so stupid and funny. I guess we got dog worshiping temples now; they need to make one near where I live.

Aki was acting like a Food Wars character when she got into her cooking. Nadeshiko's sister totally has the death stare, even when she's complimenting someone. Rin overslept by so many hours, and has such a shocked face when she realizes it. Well, I absolutely loved getting back to a Rin focused episode. This manages to bring the same amount of joy no matter if it's a group centered or more solo character centered episode.

Mar 1, 2018 6:18 PM

Oct 2010
I'm glad that the little stepdown from the previous episode is fixed, so we are back to usual Yuru Camp tier. And this is just... so precious and wholesome I can't believe it exists.

It is probably not the best episode but damn, this got close. It brought a quite interesting point of view on Rin, she usually knows what she's doing, but now she decided to wing it and her acts felt more erratic of course, but ultimately did well. I loved the callbacks to previous journeys, like the kids in the van or the dog statue, and I absolutely adore her quirks and the stuff she does when she's alone.

It also brought something that has been always there in a way but I didn't pay much attention to till this episode. When Chiaki shows up, Rin reacts with disgust. We know that she is an introvert and likes being alone, but she was actually quite antagonistic in that scene. At first I even though of some past personal issue with the Outdoor Club girls but the more I think of it the more I see it as a consistent personality trait of her. Her first impressions of people, in general, tend to be quite bad. What I like about it is that there is no conflict. It's a flaw she has that she should fix, but it doesn't interfere with how the other characters perceive her. Chiaki and Aoi are both in perfectly friendly terms with her and it's unlikely that a confrontation is ever caused by this. If anything some tension coming from Rin's perspective that makes her more reluctant to relate to and bond with people.

This episode is satisfying among other things because it feels like a thorough character study on Rin and shows and puts in perspective how nuanced and fascinating of a character she is, and how solid her character arc in this series has been so far. There's something funny about the way her reaction to Chiaki creates a dissonance with the viewer. We know Chiaki much better than her, we have spent time with her. So the reaction of Rin is at first shocking because we are used to see things through her lens, and she clearly lacks the experience and investment the audience has with Chiaki at the time. For a character that has plenty of internal monologues and we often observe in first person, this feels a bit odd, even sort of uncomfortable. I like how solid the show is at characterization, of course, but that's a quite interesting after effect of it, to say the least.

And Nadeshiko is so wonderful in every episode, this one was specially amazing because we knew that her comfiness, cinnamon roll and wholesome eating skills are all heritable and her family is the cutest. Chiaki is so adorable this episode as well, and very funny, her surprise introduction was the best joke of the episode. I like how I've come to adore every single character in this show. Aoi didn't have much of a role here but I liked her little interaction with her sister. Perfectly mundane and to the point, something I really enjoy about the show and its delivery on interactions. They feel natural and perfectly adjusted to context.

Texting was very prominent in this episode and again this series showing technology in a completely well integrated way with the routine of the characters. A lot has been said about this and how it not only actively negates the cliche of technology dehumanising people but it actually enhances the ways it can be used to bond, like in this episode with Rin and Nadeshiko (and troll Chiaki of course) feeling connected despite being miles away, and even Nadeshiko and Chiaki having a playful interaction despite being in the same room.

The episode also hinted at the much expected group camping and I'm so happy about that, I expect it to be the last episode and it will be absolutely worth it. Also, pagoda hair.
Mar 1, 2018 6:18 PM
Jul 2013
Another comfy episode. Also:

Mar 1, 2018 7:42 PM

Jun 2014
I love this show so much. My wee little heart is gonna break here in 3 weeks when this season of wholesome Thursdays comes to an end D:
Mar 1, 2018 7:43 PM
Mar 2015
Rin's dream of Nadesiko leading the dog kami was so cute
Mar 1, 2018 8:16 PM
Oct 2017
Simply Lovely.

Good anime when eat breakfast
Mar 1, 2018 9:01 PM

Nov 2009
you can never convince me nadeshiko's older sister is not secretly chiaki's sister instead, i can't believe that entire dinner scene passed without something, anything being said regarding the two of them even as a passing joke

you can also never convince me this show is not concentrated wonderful and that you would not want to have your hair made up like a pagoda
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Mar 1, 2018 9:09 PM

Dec 2016
Rin is so boring lol

Chiyaki-chan is saving this show for me
Mar 1, 2018 10:01 PM

Jul 2014
Miauleante said:

I almost had a heart attack...mini Aoi <3
Mar 1, 2018 10:16 PM

Apr 2011
I got lots of laugh this episode.

The conversations were fun. Rin got tempted buying that 500 yen dog figure, Chiaki's situation at the kitchen, Rin's dream of Nadeshiko and the dog, got overslept, and Satou messing Rin's hair looking like a pagod while she's asleep were all hilarious.

I love this show.

Looking forward when all five girls go camping together.
Mar 1, 2018 10:49 PM
Oct 2017
SkyLETV said:
Miauleante said:

I almost had a heart attack...mini Aoi <3

Inuyama Akari voiced by Matsuda Risae!
Mar 2, 2018 2:48 AM

Apr 2016
What an episode. I was expecting another camping but hell I finally grow to like the girls in this one. Absolutely hilarious, chilling and a bit of warming atmosphere.

Rin with her hair down is the best thing this show has to offer so far:

And Chiaki is also awesome in this episode, she looks like a real housewife in the kitchen scene.

Last but not least, I died at the temple-styled hair

Mar 2, 2018 5:53 AM

Apr 2016
duderus said:
I was just scrolling trying to search for your gif but it ok man take your time
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Mar 2, 2018 7:34 AM

Feb 2018
Nice to see that we're back to the usual episodes after last one.

I disagree with Rin's grandad philosophy. My experience is that going out with no idea of what to do or see usually ends up with wasting your time, specially if you go alone. Almost everything she went through in this episode happened to me (road closed, oversleeping...) and I felt SO related.

This Christmas camp looks like the last one we'll have. I hope we get to see all 5 girls together at least once.

And how the heck does Shimarin chat with the others while riding?! I can just imagine those messages are not supposed to be at the same time.

Also, what happened to that drunk teacher from ep.7? I thought she may become the club supervisor.

KANLen09 said:
Otherwise another fun episode in the works, another 3 more episodes to go, will miss this laid-back series :(

Amanchu season 2 starts the 1st or 2nd of April, you may want to try it, I find it to be quite similar to this one (better in my opinion). Switch camps for dives and add absolutely beautiful visuals.
AbeldeMediciMar 2, 2018 7:45 AM
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Mar 2, 2018 2:22 PM

Jun 2015
So many "new" in this episode.

Nadeshiko's family

The newest loli :D

The Yama no Susume girl! She must be sitting around here :P

and the latest hair trend:

Also this face:

NameLess_NEETMar 2, 2018 2:27 PM
Mar 2, 2018 2:43 PM

Jul 2015
Ahhhh damn these girls are just such a joy to watch. All of them are just damn great together. And again, their pouts and other expressions are just fantastic.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 2, 2018 2:46 PM

May 2015
Rudan said:
Rin is so boring lol

Chiyaki-chan is saving this show for me

Really? I think Rin is far and away the best character in this show.

Mar 2, 2018 2:47 PM

Apr 2012
Cool cliffhanger. I like how Rin is the real protagonist.

Also if people want to know more about houtou:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C5%8Dt%C5%8D
EratiKMar 3, 2018 12:41 AM
Mar 2, 2018 2:55 PM

Dec 2016
Kittens-kun said:

yeah i think she has a boring personality, the other girls are way more charismatic than her, specially chiaki
Mar 2, 2018 2:57 PM

May 2015
Rudan said:
Kittens-kun said:

yeah i think she has a boring personality, the other girls are way more charismatic than her, specially chiaki

Ehh, I don't see it. Not that I dislike them, but Rin is just better.

Mar 2, 2018 3:27 PM

Feb 2018
Kittens-kun said:
Rudan said:

Ehh, I don't see it. Not that I dislike them, but Rin is just better.

Rin serves as the introvert counterpart to the extrovert girls of the club, so naturally some people will find her boring in comparison. I still like her the most because she does the most interesting trips, and also because I'm the type to travel solo as well.
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Mar 2, 2018 5:45 PM

Aug 2015
I love how they ended the op right when she found out she couldn't take that road, haha. Also the scene with her hair after the ending was hilarious.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Mar 2, 2018 6:09 PM

Oct 2014
lmao the op cutting off right as she yet again gets shafted on the way to her destination was hilarious
Mar 2, 2018 7:24 PM

Apr 2013
Jaeger07 said:

Take your time man, this anime's relaxing atmosphere makes us whisk ourselves to dream land sooner than we think.
Hououin_Razin said:

I was just scrolling trying to search for your gif but it ok man take your time

Updated my comment now~ sorta...

Mar 2, 2018 8:11 PM

Nov 2007
Oh, boy! I am not into solos but Rin's encounters are so self insertable that I dunno how to explain! I have faced most of the stuff that is mentioned in this anime. As a camper and a hiker, from coming to a place where we wouldn't be able to take our SUV any further because of the roads being closed due to the bad conditions, from getting scared of seeing Warning: Killer-Grizzly On The Loose signs and what not. We even went to places where it had signs Warning: Un-Detonated Dynamites!

I also loved the family serving part as well. Chiaki suddenly found herself shouldering the pride of her entire locality was fun to see! Loved Onee-chan's reaction! Nadeshiko's family is so awesome!

Also, looks like Ena will finally join them.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 2, 2018 10:48 PM
Sep 2017
I see, this episode is for the Rin fans 😉

Mar 2, 2018 10:49 PM
Sep 2017
Miauleante said:

Dont lewd pls...lol

Mar 2, 2018 10:58 PM

Oct 2008
LOL at Aki-chan forced to serve houtou to 4 persons instead of only one which is Nadeshiko! but at least utube helped cuz she followed the tips of a pro cook!
4/5.

Mar 3, 2018 12:43 AM

Feb 2018
ThreadFazer said:
Miauleante said:

Dont lewd pls...lol

So, cloning is now legal in Japan... Interesting
Mar 3, 2018 1:00 AM
Sep 2017
AbeldeMedici said:
ThreadFazer said:
Dont lewd pls...lol

So, cloning is now legal in Japan... Interesting
ill f#ck her......her big sister of course lol 😅

Mar 3, 2018 2:10 AM

Jun 2007
i like Chiaki the best, was kinda hurt when Rin said she disliked her. can't believe the whole family just made her cook for them like it's nothing, and nobody helped! what the hell lol honestly
see you, space cowperson . . .
Mar 3, 2018 8:01 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
As always lovely episode.
Chiaki cooking was nice to see. I really like that they also focus on the other characters not just Rin and Nadeshiko. I sometimes do that when I cook food, have the recipe on the phone and watch step by step.

I can relate to Rin in the souvenir aspect. Sometimes you just can't help but buy a souvenir lol

Mar 3, 2018 9:22 AM

Dec 2016
Rin running from the noise in the woods has made my life complete
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 3, 2018 3:40 PM
Dec 2017
So we can finally understand the significance of that mustache featured in the OP. I'd guess there will be some nasty mustache-related fanart from N-chan trolls like this:
Yosif Camp <- YURU CAMP -> Yuru Kampf
Mar 3, 2018 3:46 PM
Dec 2017
The road closure probably saved Shimarin from Takako's fate. There is no way her tiny 50ccm moto-scooter could have soldiered through those epic mountain climbs without breaking down, leaving her exposed to the elements overnight. She probaby would have been better off riding her 16" foldable uphill.

(Anything under 125ccm is hopeless anywhere but on flats. They use 750-1200 ccm motorbikes to follow the pedal-powered Tour de France peloton for live TV coverage.)
Mar 3, 2018 5:41 PM

Sep 2011
I love episodes which have best grill Rin going solo. She is pretty much the show all by herself, but the others bring great personalities as well, especially Nadeshiko. Nevertheless, I enjoyed every moment of this, even when she faced the harsh reality of the closed road :'D The souvenir scene I can relate to... Sometimes there are things you just can't leave there (at least when they are not that expensive).

Aoi's little sister is just like her :D
Mar 4, 2018 5:03 AM
Jan 2018
I love the beautiful animation of the scenery as well as the funny interaction between Rin, Nadeshiko and Chiaki.

Also, Rin's reactions are priceless XD

Mar 6, 2018 8:21 AM

Feb 2008
Aside Rin's solo adventures, Chiaki also had a rather prominent role in this episode. It was amusing how her audaciousness backfired when she had to prepare dinner for all members of the Kagamihara household.

Nadeshiko's sister is truly something else, though.

As was Rin's hairdo, for that matter...
Mar 7, 2018 8:25 AM

Apr 2015
Hated the insert song at 4:00. It was so unnecessary. Also maybe a bit too fast and chaotic for the whole episode.

In story terms an interesting episode for a (tentatively) iyashikei SOL. One that shows YC's characteristics and uniqueness the best, tho I wouldn't say it is the best episode.

Nadeshiko texts(lines) really cute-ly.
Mar 7, 2018 11:10 AM

May 2015
Nice mushroom power rangers.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

288 by FranqitoH »»
Apr 12, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

133 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

116 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

106 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 9, 8:21 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2018

140 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 9, 4:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.