Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 28, 2018 4:40 AM

Apr 2008
le_halfhand_easy said:
Darklight0303 said:

No those didn't defeat her. It was the WORLD item that did it. Without that they would have been completely slaughtered.

If Shalltear didn't have her 100 levels handed to her and actually had to work hard instead of being created powerful, she would have been completely slaughtered. Same damn argument. She was defeated, pure and simple. No excuses.

No it wasn't. They retreated because even in the last moment she mortally wounded the user. THey were not even able to force her into her armored form which the Platinum Dragon Lord's remote CONTROLED ARMOR did. Humans are WORTHLESS. End of story. Neither brain nor Climb stand even an ant on the surface of the SUN of a chance.
Feb 28, 2018 4:46 AM

Mar 2017
Darklight0303 said:
le_halfhand_easy said:

If Shalltear didn't have her 100 levels handed to her and actually had to work hard instead of being created powerful, she would have been completely slaughtered. Same damn argument. She was defeated, pure and simple. No excuses.

No it wasn't. They retreated because even in the last moment she mortally wounded the user. THey were not even able to force her into her armored form which the Platinum Dragon Lord's remote CONTROLED ARMOR did.

She didn't get into armored form because she was confident she can take them on. When PDL came poking, she went to armored form because her directive is to defend herself and she didn't have to think twice because there is nothing to think twice about when you have a mind-controlled directive.

Darklight0303 said:
Humans are WORTHLESS. End of story

The Overlord wiki comment section in a nutshell.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Feb 28, 2018 4:51 AM

Apr 2013
Sooooooo I have to say this episode was pretty disappointing for me. After the cliffhanger of last episode I really expected to see Solution presenting Ainz with the evidence why Sebas might betray him. Instead I get no Ainz or Solution at all and just some Sebas. Mostly it was Climb walking around and acting like the shitty shounen protagonist of this show.

Also maybe that's just the nostalgia bonus, but the animation feels really mediocre for a Madhouse show. The fighting scenes look pretty underwhelming.

I guess I still enjoyed this episode because it's Overlord, but the pace of this arc so far is pretty bad.
Feb 28, 2018 5:20 AM
Jul 2016
Crashmatt said:
SinOfSlothKing said:
1. Fuck climb , he is boring, Unglas is better cus he is kind of the rogue right?
2. I couldent w8 for this ep cus i thought ainz will come to see what solution was about.
3 Ppl were right, fukin nothing happened this season.
4. Only 12 eps, so only 4 to go, Damn

5 more actually. Its listed as 13 episodes. Things should escalate next week

Still too little too late.
Feb 28, 2018 5:22 AM

Apr 2008
SinOfSlothKing said:
Crashmatt said:

Not really if they play their cards right and given the budget cuts this episode they probably will focus most of their flash on those final episodes
Feb 28, 2018 5:22 AM

Feb 2015
SinOfSlothKing said:
Crashmatt said:

In terms of novel pacing its pretty spot on. The next 5 eps should contain the bulk of the action for the series.
Feb 28, 2018 5:52 AM

Dec 2010
For those wondering, Ainz's report will appear after the fight and the end of this arc.
Feb 28, 2018 7:09 AM

Jul 2015
*Climb handing a paper to the shopkeeper*
Climb: do u have all these ingredients written on the paper?
Shopkeeper: yes, i have but..
Climb: but!??
Shopkeeper: well there is something i have to tell u first..
Climb: (nervously) yes?
Shopkeeper: the thing is... You don't have any talent!
Climb: F*K YOU!
Feb 28, 2018 7:10 AM

Apr 2008
UkRs said:
*Climb handing a paper to the shopkeeper*
Climb: do u have all these ingredients written on the paper?
Shopkeeper: yes, i have but..
Climb: but!??
Shopkeeper: well there is something i have to tell u first..
Climb: (nervously) yes?
Shopkeeper: the thing is... You don't have any talent!
Climb: F*K YOU!

He really has no talent. he's as bottom tier as you can get and if his devotion to the princess is shaken he's even lower than trash if that was all that allowed him to endure Sebas' attack
Feb 28, 2018 8:06 AM
Jun 2017
Birdman08 said:
Kuraokani said:
So far season 2 has almost completely taken away everything that made season 1 so much fun - episode 8 is no exception.

I don't care about these characters. I couldn't care less about Brain or Climb. I just want to go back to watching Ainz try and take over the world.

just drop it then because there's a lot of that
Yeah I've read the manga and LN so I know what's in store
Feb 28, 2018 8:26 AM

Aug 2015
Sebas helping the enemy. This will be problematic...
Feb 28, 2018 8:32 AM

Apr 2008
Jalter said:

Not really since no matter what he does those two are still ultimately unable to do anything against the full might of Nazarick or Ainz himself
Feb 28, 2018 9:16 AM

Mar 2017
Jalter said:

The author is not going to let anything happen to Ainz and co actually. Ainz would have actually lost something worthwhile when Shalltear was mind-controlled but better let that mind-control be unfinished/imperfect.

"Oh, I've introduced a great equalizer (World Class Items), welp, better add a clause that protects every Floor and some Area Guardians and make them totally immune to it while they hold WCI."

"How many WCI can Ainz throw around? Well, Nazarick and its 41 real life players has more than ten World Class Items that are more than what the supposedly better top guilds with thousand-strong members have (3 or less)."

Tell me, have you ever played an MMO? Can you imagine top, end-game raid guilds slacking off that a guild of 41 working people can overtake them?

And besides, Nazarick is basically "unconquerable". A force of 1,500 players and NPC invading it were repulsed entirely by 41 players and the limited number of Guardians. The defense is that they were not the top guilds. Okay, but knowing the history of actual "unkillable" raid-bosses players killed like Kerafyrm the Sleeper (EverQuest) and Absolute Virtue (Final Fantasy XI), can you imagine an MMO where players, especially players from top guilds, are not in a rush to do an achievement no one has ever done before?

Nothing's touching Ainz at this rate.
Feb 28, 2018 10:26 AM

Mar 2016
It's always great to hear others talking about how mighty Ainz (Momon) is, especially from the members of the Blue Rose. (Climb should accept Gagaran's request to sleep with her as a physical endurance training ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

The reason I am interested in Climb is to see his reactions to seeing what Sebas will do, or even better; if he meets with Ainz or something!

Feb 28, 2018 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
TsundeReaper said:

duderus said:

Overlord II - 08 Come, Sleep with me!

I'd smash tbh

I'd give her a ride too tbh. She'd probably be a lot of fun.
Feb 28, 2018 11:59 AM
Jun 2017
le_halfhand_easy said:

The author is not going to let anything happen to Ainz and co actually. Ainz would have actually lost something worthwhile when Shalltear was mind-controlled but better let that mind-control be unfinished/imperfect.

"Oh, I've introduced a great equalizer (World Class Items), welp, better add a clause that protects every Floor and some Area Guardians and make them totally immune to it while they hold WCI."

"How many WCI can Ainz throw around? Well, Nazarick and its 41 real life players has more than ten World Class Items that are more than what the supposedly better top guilds with thousand-strong members have (3 or less)."

Tell me, have you ever played an MMO? Can you imagine top, end-game raid guilds slacking off that a guild of 41 working people can overtake them?

And besides, Nazarick is basically "unconquerable". A force of 1,500 players and NPC invading it were repulsed entirely by 41 players and the limited number of Guardians.

You really have not read the much of the light novel at all have you?

Maruyama created YGGDRASIL to be a P2W game,he created the guildmembers of Ainz Ooal Gown financially well of enough to throw money away on the game.
(Ainz being the top hoarder& spender)

Now as far as WCI items being held or in one's possession canceling the affects of another WCI is speculation on Ainz's part currently.

Also of the 200 world items in YGGDRASIL,the guild Aniz Ooal Gown is in possession of eleven of them,including the Caloric Stone of the "20" game breaking world items.Because Ainz Ooal Gown possessed 11 WCI (12 at one point),they were a top ten guild.

Now your quote -"A force of 1,500 players and NPC invading it were repulsed entirely by 41 players and the limited number of Guardians. "

That raid had to fight it's way down to the 8th floor.

The 8th Floor Guardian Victim and his Area Guardians were the force that wiped what was left of the raid.

Victim kills himself,this triggers his special power. That power is a massive AoE deuff,which inflicts multiple status debuffs,one currently known debuff impairs all movement.
Ainz has in a few volumes dropped thinly veiled hints at the power of the 8th floor Area Guardians.If you've read to at least the 7th volume you've learned about Albedo's

And if you've read the first three volumes you'll also know Albedo's true form as been hinted at being very overpowered as well.

Feb 28, 2018 12:26 PM

Feb 2012
I'm enjoying the focus on Sebas a lot more than the previous arc. Sebas is really similar to Wilhelm from Re:zero. Always entertaining to see a badass old dude kick some ass. Looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 28, 2018 12:55 PM

Aug 2015
le_halfhand_easy said:
]

And besides, Nazarick is basically "unconquerable". A force of 1,500 players and NPC invading it were repulsed entirely by 41 players and the limited number of Guardians. The defense is that they were not the top guilds. Okay, but knowing the history of actual "unkillable" raid-bosses players killed like Kerafyrm the Sleeper (EverQuest) and Absolute Virtue (Final Fantasy XI), can you imagine an MMO where players, especially players from top guilds, are not in a rush to do an achievement no one has ever done before?

Of course, I play MMO everyday. But I don't understand what you mean. I only joked about the actions of Sebas, 'cause Momon still doesn't know the power of the people of that world and takes care of its actions.
Feb 28, 2018 2:17 PM

Jun 2013
it was a miracle we got season 2 and now they waste episodes on this shit couldnt they skip this boring parts
Feb 28, 2018 2:31 PM

Mar 2017
Let's go through this one by one.

Nordhammer said:

You really have not read the much of the light novel at all have you?

Volume 12. Up to date.

Nordhammer said:

Maruyama created YGGDRASIL to be a P2W game,he created the guildmembers of Ainz Ooal Gown financially well of enough to throw money away on the game.
(Ainz being the top hoarder& spender)

Right, because their guild is the only one that can P2W. Oh right, no. The other guilds can and probably will. I played some extremely P2W games. You don't get to be top dog in a P2W game unless you are willing to pay more than the other guy to keep being top dog.

Nordhammer said:

Now as far as WCI items being held or in one's possession canceling the affects of another WCI is speculation on Ainz's part currently.

Also of the 200 world items in YGGDRASIL,the guild Aniz Ooal Gown is in possession of eleven of them,including the Caloric Stone of the "20" game breaking world items.Because Ainz Ooal Gown possessed 11 WCI (12 at one point),they were a top ten guild.

And the top three guild have each three WCI or less for a grand total of 9 at best. Top 3 guilds. 9 total. Top 3 guilds. Hardcore MMO guilds.

Nordhammer said:

Now your quote -"A force of 1,500 players and NPC invading it were repulsed entirely by 41 players and the limited number of Guardians. "

That raid had to fight it's way down to the 8th floor.

The 8th Floor Guardian Victim and his Area Guardians were the force that wiped what was left of the raid.

Victim kills himself,this triggers his special power. That power is a massive AoE deuff,which inflicts multiple status debuffs,one currently known debuff impairs all movement.
Ainz has in a few volumes dropped thinly veiled hints at the power of the 8th floor Area Guardians.If you've read to at least the 7th volume you've learned about Albedo's

That's not the point. I know all about the trump card. Do you know Kerafyrm the Sleeper? "Unkillable raid boss". You know what players did? They killed him.

You tell a gamer he can't do it and by god he'll do it to spite you. Calling something impregnable (Nazarick) is tantamount to flashing a big ass neon sign saying "impregnate me."

The point is that a guild base exist and is unconquered and the top guilds of the game didn't take one good look at it and decided it's a nail sticking out and needs to be hammered back in for shit and giggles.

Facing a raid wipe is hardly an obstacle considering they could just revive and try again, this time with knowledge and more preparation. What I'm implying is that in a normal MMO Nazarick would have been raided several times and heck probably even vandalized with crude penis drawings for even daring to claim itself unconquered. But it's not. Nazarick wasn't called one of the hardest base to conquer. It has to be unconquered. Which is ridiculous.

So what I am overall implying is that author has pretty much removed any possible threat and any sense of danger to Ainz (from the end Vol 2, the end of season 1) that whatever Sebas do, nothing probably changes. There are other allure to Overlord, Ainz's dichotomy first and foremost, but that is not one of them.

So all I'm saying in a roundabout way to the commenter I replied to is that everything has been stacked so heavily against any potential enemy Ainz might have, from materials of volume 1&2 which is season 1 alone.

Jalter said:
Of course, I play MMO everyday. But I don't understand what you mean. I only joked about the actions of Sebas, 'cause Momon still doesn't know the power of the people of that world and takes care of its actions.

^^^
Feb 28, 2018 2:36 PM

Oct 2010
yawn

even 2x speed wasn't fast enough for this ep. Impressive
Feb 28, 2018 4:41 PM

Apr 2017
Another episode were nothing happens...

This show has become a show were random supporting characters are now the main characters. The actual main characters are minor ones...

Mediocrity everywhere.
Feb 28, 2018 6:58 PM

May 2014
Another sleep inducing episode Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Feb 28, 2018 7:23 PM

Mar 2016
The salt is amazing here with people complaining that it's "boring" xD
Feb 28, 2018 9:57 PM

Dec 2010
Darklight0303 said:
It's gonna take way more than a peptalk from Sebas Tian to COMPLETELY defeat SHaltear

Of course, was speaking about Unglaus facing Shalltear again for "fun", humans are trash, i know. :D
Feb 28, 2018 10:29 PM

Mar 2017
I can see now why people hate Climb so much, he's annoying.

And we got a chuuni, lol.

4/5.
Feb 28, 2018 10:52 PM

Jan 2016
Slow pace as always.... and Climb become more annoying.
Mar 1, 2018 5:48 AM
Jun 2017

Rather pointless for you to project the "reality" of online gaming into a pulp light novel franchise.Overlord parodies MMORPGs and is the author's homage to D&D style live role playing.
Mar 1, 2018 7:52 AM

Mar 2017
Nordhammer said:

Rather pointless for you to project the "reality" of online gaming into a pulp light novel franchise.Overlord parodies MMORPGs and is the author's homage to D&D style live role playing.

1.) It's not a parody, not in the way Merriam sees the word.

2.) I know. I can see the D&D elements.

3.) It's a power-fantasy. And I hate using that phrase because people would then put a plug in their ears and falalalala my arguments. But, yeah it is. It's better than most actually but just because it features a skeleton instead of generic black-haired, plain-face, bland MC #1001 does not stop it from being one. I guess I'm just tilted now that the "humans are trash" statements are here. It's tame, but this is where it begins. The Overlord wiki comment section could be very well bleeding out in full into MAL come next season or two.
EankiMar 1, 2018 7:55 AM
Mar 1, 2018 11:23 AM

Feb 2014
i love certain characters like sebas but shit this season is soo boring ill never understand how its 8.10 rn
Mar 1, 2018 11:39 AM
Mar 2018
sebas is very cool.
Mar 1, 2018 3:52 PM

Apr 2013
I don't care too much for this climb guy, but i guess he has an important role in the story. First half of this ep was meh, but i enjoyed the second half, looks like Sebas is making some new friends. He's just about the only good guy in all of Nazarick. Looking forward to next week's episode.
Mar 1, 2018 3:54 PM

Apr 2008
curzon17 said:
I don't care too much for this climb guy, but i guess he has an important role in the story. First half of this ep was meh, but i enjoyed the second half, looks like Sebas is making some new friends. He's just about the only good guy in all of Nazarick. Looking forward to next week's episode.

LOL important role
Mar 2, 2018 1:26 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! what a satisfyingly great episode!
Lord Sebas & Climb & Brain Unglaus is a very good combination!
5/5!

Mar 4, 2018 9:42 AM

Jan 2013
Can't wait for next episode! Would be epic if Ainz would appear out of nowhere and save them xD
I'm still very curious how this will end because we don't know much yet about Seb's servant intentions.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 4, 2018 10:22 AM

Sep 2014
Lakyus being a chuuni didn't expect that haha <3
Looking forward to see Sebas smash those guys, wonder how Ainz will react.
Mar 4, 2018 6:55 PM
Jun 2017
nice episode, Lord Sebas, Unglaus and Climb team up is great. Well its the right time for Unglaus to boost his confidence back from fighting form and Climb to train to become a better warrior...
Mar 4, 2018 6:59 PM

Apr 2008
LeSponge said:
nice episode, Lord Sebas, Unglaus and Climb team up is great. Well its the right time for Unglaus to boost his confidence back from fighting form and Climb to train to become a better warrior...

LOL a better warrior. As if such absurdity was possible for gutter trash like him
Mar 5, 2018 5:06 PM

May 2015
Sebas got new Pokemons.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 5, 2018 10:33 PM

Jul 2013
Damn we didn't get to see Momonga this time but I must say that these characters are starting to interest me.
Mar 9, 2018 5:28 AM

May 2014
Was disappointed in the inconsistincy of drawing Climb here as he was buffer the episode before and they drew him like a person who doesn't even lift a fort here.
Come on MH, this was a problem in All Out! too..

Mar 9, 2018 4:23 PM

Dec 2016
Sebas' character is being built up so well but I just feel like Ainz is going to have to punish him in some way for disobeying his orders. I just hope he doesn't die mayn :(

I also really like this trio of Brain, Climb, and Sebas. They're each pretty cool characters imo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 14, 2018 7:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Woman-knight just want f**k with the young!!! hilarious!!!
Well, Sebas is amazing, how he helped both men!!!
Mar 14, 2018 11:40 AM

Mar 2009
@Sangaz
That would be death by snu-snu.

Honest, first bland episode of the season. For me, at least. I just really hate that Climb guy. He's so boring.
Mar 28, 2018 7:24 AM

May 2016
Sebas can't help but help anyone who he passes by out of his own kindness. At least he instilled hope on two hapless underleveled souls~ I have a bad feeling about this somehow as evidenced throughout the show though.

Why a princess would adopt this blonde talentless street-child out of all the urchins makes me curious. Lakyus really likes playing with her weapon of dark flames xD

Apr 18, 2018 9:07 PM

Mar 2015
Everyone is so harsh on Climb and his lack of talent!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 21, 2018 5:44 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, they thought those assassins were enough to kill Sebas.
May 2, 2018 5:13 PM

Jan 2018
Oooh, Sebas has really good fighting senses. I'm impressed.

May 10, 2018 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
At least this episode had some action, albeit low level, that was interesting.
Sep 5, 2018 4:23 PM

Aug 2016
AndraLalilulelo said:
All episode of Overlord in a nutshell:
*Nazarick people interact with ordinary people
*Ordinary people got F#cked up
*Repeat

10/10

Yeah, you pretty matched nailed whole Overlord this way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2018

206 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2018

321 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2018

205 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 5, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

196 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 20, 12:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.