Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 27, 2018 4:00 AM
Jun 2016
Proof is everytime I visited someone's profile on MAL, 90% of the time they're male

Well MAL alone isn't proof to anything, right?

But people around me such as my friends and relatives, on the anime news, on the recently anime award, most of the anime fans are male.

Is anime in general not really appealing to female?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2018 4:02 AM

Oct 2017
Because generally females try things which makes sense unlike males.....
Feb 27, 2018 4:09 AM

Apr 2016
You really never met a fujoshi didn't you OP ?
Feb 27, 2018 4:11 AM
Jun 2016
Swagernator said:
How often do you meet those people btw lol

Feb 2016
because girls don't have self respect. why would someone waste time of stupid stuff instead of watching anime and playing video games. they need to learn how to love themselves.

Apr 2016
Syclum said:
Swagernator said:

On MyAnimeList ? pretty often i would say.
Feb 27, 2018 4:13 AM

Mar 2015
i can't said for your country and MAL, however in japan, manga, LN and anime in general always more cater toward male audience while female audience is more into Live Action... of course it doesn't make manga LN and anime not catering towards male and Live action not catering towards female, but the general consensus is there...

if we even more spesific, manga is has more broader audience since they doesn't pricy and small fanbase is ready to supply profit... so manga already has long history female catering side too..

anime is something really pricy to made, so they alwasy catered as bigger audience as possible... however, since the rise of late night anime, small but very dedicated fanbase is proven to be profitable, and the one who can supply those demands is male audience... but recent fujoshi flood into anime market make female anime audience as well seris cater towards them on the rise too...

LN is too niche and have been always catered towards small dedicated fanbase which obviously towards male... of course there is exception but not really something noteworhty about...

well, in current days, i don't see anything wrong with female liking what male like... in japan it self, almost half weekly shounen jump reader is female, and nearly 45% Love Live fans is female... if people judge you by your harmless hobbies, they aren't good people to begin with...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 27, 2018 4:14 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Because men are generally far more into cartoons and more likely to obsess over the character's

Or at least it seems to be the case... don't recall ever seeing a girl use the term 3dpd
EcchiGodMamsterFeb 27, 2018 4:21 AM
Feb 27, 2018 4:14 AM

Feb 2018
Lul I have about 5 female friends > addicted to anime

but I know a lot who are more into cosplay, that might be the reason
Feb 27, 2018 4:19 AM

Apr 2016
So much misinformation in this thread.
Feb 27, 2018 4:21 AM

Feb 2013
if you were a female anime fan you'd be where all the female anime fans hang out ;)

i.e. as a male you're less likely to meet female majority parts of the anime community
Feb 27, 2018 4:21 AM

Jul 2015
why do they need to watch 2d titties while they could just look at themself

Feb 27, 2018 4:22 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
But yea, it's far harder to find girls who are hardcore watchers
Feb 27, 2018 4:22 AM

Apr 2016
romagia said:
i.e. as a male you're less likely to meet female majority parts of the anime community
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

It is actually not hard to find them here, you just need to know which switch to press and they swarm on you like crows.

Personal experience ...
Feb 27, 2018 4:26 AM

Jul 2015
Syclum said:
Swagernator said:

He meets them in his head every day.

OT: Considering the industry built a reputation and fanbase around ecchi harem and CGDCT these last two decades, it's not really surprising. Most females I see on MAL watch battle shounens and sports anime because there's literally nothing else for them anyway.
Feb 27, 2018 4:30 AM
Dec 2016
Well, probably cuz a majority of anime themselves are sorta male trageted, panty shots, big boobs, ecchi, harem, loli and yeah not only this but blood, gore, fights, male competing with males etc. Maybe girls don't have much to watch here (well it's rare to find a girl who loves bloody fighting)
Feb 27, 2018 4:33 AM

Feb 2018
Ive actually met more female anime fans irl than male.
Feb 27, 2018 4:36 AM

Oct 2009
Men seem to more often be drawn to niche interests.

And just as a coincidence there's also way more men that are diagnosed with autism then women. I'm sure most of you can put two and two together.
Feb 27, 2018 4:40 AM

Nov 2016
because girls are out there getting pregnant.
in general there are more guys than girls on the internet
Feb 27, 2018 4:42 AM

Apr 2016
Clebardman said:
He meets them in his head every day.

No need to be afraid of quote, you can meet fujoshi on MAL everyday, not even hard to find.

Syclum said:
Swagernator said:

Well the thing i mentioned in the original post is general so ofc some females are into fujoshi

Still, you would be surprised how many of them is in the community. Especially CR.
Feb 27, 2018 4:42 AM
Jun 2016
Swagernator said:
Syclum said:

Well the thing i mentioned in the original post is general so ofc some females are into fujoshi
Feb 27, 2018 4:46 AM
Jun 2016
Kil-Kun said:
Well, probably cuz a majority of anime themselves are sorta male trageted, panty shots, big boobs, ecchi, harem, loli and yeah not only this but blood, gore, fights, male competing with males etc. Maybe girls don't have much to watch here (well it's rare to find a girl who loves bloody fighting)
True most females only watch anime that's either shoujo or drama tagged
Feb 27, 2018 4:48 AM

May 2016
You can find females easily. I'm generally a nice dude, but if you are an asshole I've got some advice for ya.
Just trigger them and pull out their ho card.
They will fucking be all over your dick. And they'll probably threaten you. And they will use their feminist card (which often is disguised as SJW). So it's easy if you're an asshole.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Feb 27, 2018 4:52 AM

Dec 2014
Defend on the fanbase you are hanging around from especially what type of titles you are digging on. Some titles hosted more male demographics than female while some have equal or have more females but most likely there are more anime catering men than female and while most active people in the net are male than female in "public domains' since female kept their community in a more closed enviroment that randomly talking to "strangers".
Feb 27, 2018 4:53 AM

Oct 2017
Nas said:
You can find females easily. I'm generally a nice dude, but if you are an asshole I've got some advice for ya.
They will fucking be all over your dick. And they'll probably threaten you. And they will use their feminist card (which often is disguised as SJW). So it's easy if you're an asshole.

This was quite entertaining. Thank you good sir.
Feb 27, 2018 4:55 AM

May 2016
ZSTGL_IMA said:
Nas said:

This was quite entertaining. Thank you good sir.

And if you really want to go further beyond, be a racist and a sexist person
Formerly known as:
Feb 27, 2018 5:02 AM
Jun 2016
It's because females are frenchies
Feb 27, 2018 5:04 AM

Apr 2016
Nas said:

Like come on mate, don't let my secret techniques slip to the whole world.

Nas said:

Jesus mate stop. This is literally a copyright.
Feb 27, 2018 5:07 AM

May 2016
Swagernator said:
Nas said:

Like come on mate, don't let my secret techniques slip to the whole world.

Nas said:

Jesus mate stop. This is literally a copyright.

XD

Fam, i'm a slav from Bulgaria.
How can you not expect me saying this?

Oh & be homophobic
Formerly known as:
Feb 27, 2018 5:07 AM

Dec 2015
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
Or at least it seems to be the case... don't recall ever seeing a girl use the term 3dpd

I don't recall ever seeing a guy use the term 3dpd, in fact I had to go to google to find out what it meant and...that's not a phrase that ever needed to have it's own acronym.
Feb 27, 2018 5:17 AM

Jun 2013
I don't think that's actually true - I think women don't like to make a big show of their gender because they will be hunted on by all the weird virgins.
Feb 27, 2018 5:23 AM

Aug 2012
Well I'd say the medium is directed more towards men in terms of story telling and characters. Also, we can look at the gaming industry and see the majority of players are male. Anything that requires time around the computer seems to be dominated by males, at least in entertainment. Just my two cents.
Feb 27, 2018 5:35 AM

Feb 2015
I've read that CR appeals more to female users. No wonder why torrentmaster race are superior.
Feb 27, 2018 5:36 AM

Dec 2015
Syclum said:
Kil-Kun said:

Or yaoi and shounen ai, don't forget about Yaoi

Btw, I have a lot of female friends that watch anime, and most of them prefer gore and horror anime.
I love shoujo, specially shoujo manga, so I'm not one of them.

I like bloody fighting, but well... I like almost anything, just take a look at my ratings on my signature and you will see how easy it is to please me.
But if I have to choose between them I would go with the sugary romance
KuroiKikyouFeb 27, 2018 5:43 AM
Feb 27, 2018 5:41 AM

Jun 2017
i was introduced to anime by my high school female classmates and they were a lot of members in their group of "anime lovers" and i rarely met male classmates who were into anime. i guess there were lots of female anime lovers like myself out there, people just don't notice them. we're just quiet sometimes and tend to enjoy anime to ourselves.
Feb 27, 2018 5:51 AM

Nov 2014
You'll be more likely to flock to platforms where more of people similar to you are found. If you are male you'll more likely to use platforms, visit sites and watch anime that is commonly watched by males.

As far as I can tell (which is not very well because it's hard to judge proportions on the internet), the numbers are slightly skewed to males but overall more equal than you think. Quite a number of anime have fandoms that are mostly females.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Feb 27, 2018 5:51 AM

Oct 2014
The only logical answer is....
Well Men and Women think differently ofcourse, and thus have different hobbies.

Kuma said:
i can't said for your country and MAL, however in japan, manga, LN and anime in general always more cater toward male audience while female audience is more into Live Action... of course it doesn't make manga LN and anime not catering towards male and Live action not catering towards female, but the general consensus is there...

if we even more spesific, manga is has more broader audience since they doesn't pricy and small fanbase is ready to supply profit... so manga already has long history female catering side too..

anime is something really pricy to made, so they alwasy catered as bigger audience as possible... however, since the rise of late night anime, small but very dedicated fanbase is proven to be profitable, and the one who can supply those demands is male audience... but recent fujoshi flood into anime market make female anime audience as well seris cater towards them on the rise too...

LN is too niche and have been always catered towards small dedicated fanbase which obviously towards male... of course there is exception but not really something noteworhty about...

well, in current days, i don't see anything wrong with female liking what male like... in japan it self, almost half weekly shounen jump reader is female, and nearly 45% Love Live fans is female... if people judge you by your harmless hobbies, they aren't good people to begin with...

And then there is the fact that Female interest into men stuff is increasing.
Just look at gaming. The % amount of Women in gaming has grown quite a bit in the recent years.

AugmentedTurnip said:
Men seem to more often be drawn to niche interests.

And just as a coincidence there's also way more men that are diagnosed with autism then women. I'm sure most of you can put two and two together.

But that goes for most of the Genetic Handicaps. Men are more susceptible to to it because they have the X/Y gene while Women only have the Y/Y gene so that the defective Y gene could be corrected by the other Y.
Feb 27, 2018 5:55 AM

Oct 2015
I'll have you know that I am a proud independent black woman living in this site filled with degenerates.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Feb 27, 2018 5:56 AM
Jun 2016
KuroiKikyou said:
Syclum said:

Or yaoi and shounen ai, don't forget about Yaoi

Btw, I have a lot of female friends that watch anime, and most of them prefer gore and horror anime.
I love shoujo, specially shoujo manga, so I'm not one of them.

I like bloody fighting, but well... I like almost anything, just take a look at my ratings on my signature and you will see how easy it is to please me.
But if I have to choose between them I would go with the sugary romance
Monster said:
Well I'd say the medium is directed more towards men in terms of story telling and characters. Also, we can look at the gaming industry and see the majority of players are male. Anything that requires time around the computer seems to be dominated by males, at least in entertainment. Just my two cents.
This makes sense. Also I wonder why males tend to spend more around computers than females
Feb 27, 2018 5:57 AM
Jun 2016
-Lofn- said:
I'll have you know that I am a proud independent black woman living in this site filled with degenerates.
Are you really? Because your profile says you're..male?
Feb 27, 2018 5:57 AM

Oct 2015
Syclum said:
-Lofn- said:
Obviously I'm joking. I'm a degenerate Asian male.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Feb 27, 2018 5:59 AM
Jun 2016
-Lofn- said:
Syclum said:
Obviously I'm joking. I'm a degenerate Asian male.
Oh I thought you were that type of female who disguises as male online to avoid harassment
Feb 27, 2018 6:01 AM

Jun 2008
Cuz anime panders harder to males...

Also...Waifu culture + Internet culture = Recipe for Disaster Win.

Womyn can go do something else.
Feb 27, 2018 7:08 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Swagernator said:
romagia said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

It is actually not hard to find them here, you just need to know which switch to press and they swarm on you like crows.

Personal experience ...

Sure there's several on here, but irl I've never met a girl without a bf who watches more than 1 or 2 anime at a time

As has been stated, girls seem to prefer live action with hot celebrity guys

And this is coming from someone who only really hangs out w gamers and weebs

Bobby2Hands said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

I don't recall ever seeing a guy use the term 3dpd, in fact I had to go to google to find out what it meant and...that's not a phrase that ever needed to have it's own acronym.

If you're not trolling then you really just live under a rock

I've seen the term used 100x online and heard it irl several
Feb 27, 2018 7:12 AM

Feb 2016
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

Sure there's several on here, but irl I've never met a girl without a bf who watches more than 1 or 2 anime at a time

Personally, I have see a lot of fujo in real life ( i quess depend on where you lives ).
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Feb 27, 2018 7:13 AM

Jan 2016
There are more female anime fans tho
Feb 27, 2018 7:15 AM

Apr 2017
um, statistics please?
you are using inductive reasoning to apply your own limited sample to a population
Feb 27, 2018 7:18 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
podetus said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

Personally, I have see a lot of fujo in real life ( i quess depend on where you lives ).

I've met lots, I have a 40 year old fujo coworker who likes BL shows like Love Stage and due to my Miku wallet I met a probably 50 year old fujo gas station clerk who said she is obsessed with Seshoumaru

I'm always trolling my coworker that I'm going to get her into ecchi, which btw is just a joke

but I'm talking about the more hardcore watchers

Women tend to binge live action more so than anime in my experience
Feb 27, 2018 7:18 AM
Jun 2016
The_Missing_Link said:
um, statistics please?
you are using inductive reasoning to apply your own limited sample to a population
Statistics? Statistics of what?

I stated that 90% profiles I clicked are males so how do i provide statistics based on that
Feb 27, 2018 7:20 AM

Apr 2017
Syclum said:
The_Missing_Link said:
um, statistics please?
Statistics? Statistics of what?

I stated that 90% profiles I clicked are males so how do i provide statistics based on that
That's what I'm saying. It doesn't follow logic to say such a small sample applies to the population.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

98 by DAMT34 »»
2 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

31 by Yaggamy »»
3 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

188 by Adnash »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

28 by Rinenka »»
22 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

50 by EastIndiaCompany »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.