Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 26, 2018 4:06 AM

Jul 2011
Many fans have disappointed the ending vampire knight for many reasons. Even the author said that this is not what she really wanted. She got lost in this story and that's why we have VK Memories, but to be honest, this supplement is boring and depressing, it only makes the situation worse.
Honestly, despite being in Yume ship, I was expecting Kaname to die and Yuuki and Zero to be together. It was predictable, given that they were persons from opposite families, so, as in many romantic tragedies, it was obvious that at the end they were reconciling. Hino's motto in terms of love was: If you want to hurry, go slowly - so here my guesses also agreed.
BUT - we felt bad reading this though! Why?
Some Zeki zealous fans were furious that Kaname got a second chance and redemption opportunity. But wait - he was not pure evil without a heart. When we sum up his whole life, we can see that for a long time he was a wonderful person. Instead of killing people like the rest of his race, he discreetly took blood thanks that nobody was hurt and he create medications tothis people from his own blood. He tried to create an antidote to vampireism, he loved selflessly both HW and Yuuki. HW herself saw that Kaname is good, but she reminded him that without the envy of rage, it is impossible to live without the dark side. In the first arc we see how he can love. But HW's admonition apparently worked, something changed in him. Depression, trauma, lust, everything took over him, and the beautiful creature got lost in her own darkness and began to choose the worst of the ways, plunging into even deeper darkness.
Kaname wanted to die and he lost himself in the dark
Zero wanted to live and chased after the light
The question arises - were not they to be a metaphor for something deeper?
One time Hino draw the art of two volwes. There is a parable about two wolves, white and black, one is gentle and guided by faith, the other is aggressive and guided by the desires. But the fact is that BOTH OF THEM IS OUR NATURE, NOT ONLY ONE OF THEM. That's why We should therefore feed both. When we chose only one - we will be uncoplit and doomed to failure!
Kaname, losing himself in the dark, increasingly fed the black wolf - that's why in Hino's art he's a black wolf
Zero, believing he would survive, fed the white wolf - that's why in Hino's art he's a white wolf
But they had both wolves inside.
That's why I think that the will to help Kaname from Hino's side is justified.
He was not like Rido, he could think, he rated others very well (and this is one of my favorite his advantages) he was very self-critical, he even hated himself, talking about himself as a trash!
An evil person tends to idealize himself. Like Yagami Laito, who called himself god.
In my opinion the end is good, but I think that Yuuki and Kaname, although they were in a crisis in the relationship and by the destruction of Kaname, did not manage to fix it, have a big powerful "base", which was the great love between them. The metaphor for her is the "eternal rose" that Kaname gave to Yuuki. The name of their daughter is also a proof - Ai = the strongest kind of love. However, Hino said she made a mistake about ending. Many of you also recognized that, both Yume and Zeki.
What ending, referring to what I wrote and to your own feelings, would you like to see?
KoriSofiyaMar 13, 2018 6:50 PM
Feb 26, 2018 5:52 PM

Jun 2016
Moved from the Manga Discussion Board.
Apr 5, 2019 9:48 AM
Apr 2019
I prefer in Vampire ending: memories, the author fix the story, and make it more beautiful, from the previous ending in chapter 93,

In vampire knight memories, I really want Yuki and Kaname alive again as pureblood somehow, with any creative trick, not as human

Ah, I hope I can tell the author (Matsuri Hino) about this,

I really don't like the chapter 93's ending

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 56 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 20, 2009

29 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 6:27 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 54 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Keykeyoh - Sep 24, 2009

54 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.