Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 27, 2010 9:15 AM

May 2009
This anime was meh. I fell asleep towards the end of this episode, just didn't care..
Mar 27, 2010 9:18 AM

Jan 2010
Alipio said:
Nice episode :) 2nd season anyone?
It's way to early for that... at least an year.
Mar 27, 2010 9:24 AM

Sep 2007
Erf ...
Like always, the only good thing in Harem ecchi anime ...
Are the OP/ED and Characters Songs for me.
I'm sad because i love the manga but the anime failed ...
Mar 27, 2010 10:12 AM

Feb 2009
wow this ep was laughably bad. I kept shifting between banging my head against my desk and laughing at how stupid everything was.

Retardation nr 1. So demon himari hasn't got a chance against the loli, but when it awakens and gets its full powers back after it has drained her powers, then she can friggin one-shot-K.O. the damned thing.

Retardation nr 2. Rinko trying to talk sense into a friggin demon about how precious a maidens heart is... It was around here that I seriously felt like just turning the shit off.

Retardation nr 3. Yuto that in some magical way managed to hug the rampaging himari that came charging with everything she had at him.

It's always nice when a single ep can completely drag down the rest of the show, and if they do make a second season I certainly hope that Rinko will have died and that yuto has grown a pair.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Mar 27, 2010 10:58 AM
Sep 2009
lame ending, very anticlimatic.
Mar 27, 2010 1:22 PM

Nov 2007
very cliched and somewhat lame ending. maybe I'll check out the manga for a better continuation. mostly likable characters, the teapot girl was still annoying. meh 6 overall, decent but could of been a lot better.
Mar 27, 2010 4:39 PM

Oct 2009
Billzor said:
wow this ep was laughably bad. I kept shifting between banging my head against my desk and laughing at how stupid everything was.

Retardation nr 1. So demon himari hasn't got a chance against the loli, but when it awakens and gets its full powers back after it has drained her powers, then she can friggin one-shot-K.O. the damned thing.

Retardation nr 2. Rinko trying to talk sense into a friggin demon about how precious a maidens heart is... It was around here that I seriously felt like just turning the shit off.

Retardation nr 3. Yuto that in some magical way managed to hug the rampaging himari that came charging with everything she had at him.

It's always nice when a single ep can completely drag down the rest of the show, and if they do make a second season I certainly hope that Rinko will have died and that yuto has grown a pair.

Don't forget Retardation nr 4. Yuuto's cat allergy being completely ignored. You'd think he would be all teary-eyes and sneezing all over the place after Himari went into Inuyasha mode, but nooo...
Mar 27, 2010 4:52 PM

Nov 2009
was guna give this an 8 but after seeing this ending its gettin a 7, the ending was shit and it feels incomplete.
Mar 27, 2010 5:53 PM

Jan 2009
Heh this show finally ends eh, the show itself was quite funny overall.
To bad this ending has been done to many times already, I could pretty much predict the entire episode.
If there is gonna be a second season i will only watch it when shizuku will become a main character.

Going to give it a 6 for being pretty entertaining overall.
Mar 27, 2010 5:53 PM

Sep 2008
Harem End.
Mar 27, 2010 7:35 PM
Mar 2010
Does anyone know what chapter in the manga picks up from were the anime left off?
Mar 27, 2010 8:53 PM
Jan 2010
7/10

- Underpowered Grand finale, was expecting it to be more intensifying.
- What's with the Kyuubi no Kitsune (Tama-san) at the end? Ended up as another addition to Yuuto's Ayakashi harem?
- Himari's outfit (w/ light ferry) is outrageous, in a positive way.

Whether there's going to be a second season or not, well... *shrugs*

No comment further on.
Mar 27, 2010 10:21 PM

Oct 2009
necrophilia said:
Does anyone know what chapter in the manga picks up from were the anime left off?
I would suggest to read all of it......it goes around 38 but the next chapter is not even out so not sure......the battles is still not over around that chapter.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 28, 2010 1:31 AM

Aug 2009
ending was lame. I think they should've just follow the manga and have a 2nd season that way.
Mar 28, 2010 4:39 AM

Jan 2010
Thank god the second bullshit series this season has now ended. I think I'm gonna go disinfect my eyes after watching all 12 episodes, and then go watch stuff thats actually good.

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.
Mar 28, 2010 8:11 AM

Oct 2009
I still don't like the fact that Himari "has" to leave if he gets his powers back. And it's about time that Shuuten guy dies. He pisses me off.
Mar 28, 2010 1:49 PM

Jan 2009
What I'm annoyed at... Is the fact that they screwed up the great story of the manga for... this.
Why'd they even do that? D:
As for the episode... Guess it was fine, but it's somehow.. Quite stupid.
Also, Rinko should've just stayed home. My ears hurt from hearing all that nonsense.
Lawl, shit those are some ugly flames xD...............
Seriously this went from pretty good to okay and now to ridiculous xD.. I mean... Mahou shoujo? ........
Typical of Makoto to be fooling around with so many girls anyway. ┐(-。ー')┌

I think I'll stop my descent at a 7 though, the rest of it makes up for this ending.. I think.
Bleeeeeh
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 28, 2010 4:10 PM

May 2009
All in all I gotta say that it's disappointing to see ZEXCS screwing up my favorite manga like this, but I'll give the adaptation some credit for good fan service during 3/4 of the series (last 3 episodes have been horrible).

So overall as an ecchi, harem anime - 7/10
Mar 28, 2010 7:54 PM

Jul 2009
Phew, finally managed to end this! ohh i'm so glad i finished it..now i can "shift + del" this file 4/10

Gonna check the manga for more confirmation, if the male lead still annoying, better be drop dead
Mar 28, 2010 9:00 PM

Jun 2008
Fuck it all, I was hoping they would all die. This anime couldn't do anything except pick annoying voices, flatten momentum and emotion, and rip off touhou, all the while giving in to its true dark nature as a harem anime. How clever.

Also, ecchi is for comedy, and should not be used for action if we're supposed to take it seriously.

Fuck whoever wrote this. They clearly shouldn't be making anime.
Mar 29, 2010 8:05 AM

Oct 2009
Grmo said:
Fuck it all, I was hoping they would all die. This anime couldn't do anything except pick annoying voices, flatten momentum and emotion, and rip off touhou, all the while giving in to its true dark nature as a harem anime. How clever.

Also, ecchi is for comedy, and should not be used for action if we're supposed to take it seriously.

Fuck whoever wrote this. They clearly shouldn't be making anime.

Whoa whoa whoa, the manga is good, its just that the adaptation writers/planners of this anime are just bad. Plus this is an anime only ending.
Mar 29, 2010 1:51 PM

Sep 2009
Totally unexpected ending, fantastic.
10/10

Mar 29, 2010 4:15 PM

Sep 2007
Liked the ending ending ...
With the seiyuu of Yuuto and the little sad story.
But anyways, not a good adaptation.
Mar 29, 2010 8:39 PM

Aug 2007
Translucent said:
Yeah, this episode was really cheesy and awkward for me =/

I have got to agree with u on that one, I liked the show as a whole but this made me want to rethink that stance. Well another bad ending, what else is new.
Mar 30, 2010 3:03 PM
Oct 2009
As a regular episode this probably would have been the best in the series, as a finale, though, it gave us a typical harem ending with some cool-looking battle scenes.
3/5
As the series goes, I was more intrigued with the romantic aspect of the show. I thought they did a good job of balancing the intense battle scenes and violence with the harem relationship between the protagonist and his female suitors. However, the show tended to sway more towards the romantic side of things and with that build-up I was expecting more than an "I will always be by your side" kind of ending - which is a common cop-out utilized in harems, but not well-received by the viewers. That really put a damper on my enjoyment and because they wrapped it up so nicely in 12 episodes, I really don't see anything more than a few OVAs on the horizon. Meaning no official - animated - confession in the foreseeable future.
7/10.
Mar 30, 2010 4:13 PM

May 2007
Its a crap anime....I know its crap....but my rating is f*cked up and thats why I'm giving this series a 8/10. A second season for this series is highly doubtful and will probably NEVER happen. >> The thought of NO season 2 sucks to a certain level but this happens all the time......so its best to move forward and completely forget this anime. Yuuto's seiyuu.....I just hope the guy loses his voice or something....too annoying. @_@
Mar 30, 2010 5:17 PM

Apr 2009
Hugs solve everything! They stop war, they stop violence, they bring world peace. HUGS. SOLVE. EVERYTHING. :/

Everything but rampaging demons who have lost their minds and gone psychotic. Seriously, am I the only one who thought Yuto hugging Himari in the middle of the fight was weird and out of place? I'm sure she was lunging at him so fast that he couldn't even find an opening to hug her, but let's ignore all logic and instead replace it with cheesiness that incurs the urge to vomit.

Anti-climactic. This episode was so anti-climactic. All that build up of how awesome the bad guys were, and Himari killed them with, like, three swipes. How disappointingly lame. As if it wasn't lame enough, but all the corniness and cheesiness made it almost unbearable to watch. >:|

This anime wasn't all that great, in fact I question myself as to why I even finished it, but I gave it a 6/10 because I was feeling generous. :/
Mar 31, 2010 12:33 AM

Dec 2009
Disappointing end to a disappointing series.
Mar 31, 2010 1:00 AM

Oct 2009
Spazzcase said:
Everything but rampaging demons who have lost their minds and gone psychotic. Seriously, am I the only one who thought Yuto hugging Himari in the middle of the fight was weird and out of place? I'm sure she was lunging at him so fast that he couldn't even find an opening to hug her, but let's ignore all logic and instead replace it with cheesiness that incurs the urge to vomit.
I was just surprised that he hugged her and she never even slashed him at all. I was expecting him more to slash her then hug her....too bad about that.

Mar 31, 2010 5:27 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
I was expecting him more to slash her then hug her....too bad about that.
Were you seriously expecting someone as wussy as Yuuto actually taking a swing at Himari? : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 31, 2010 7:52 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
I was expecting him more to slash her then hug her....too bad about that.
Were you seriously expecting someone as wussy as Yuuto actually taking a swing at Himari? : p
In fact yes since he was not so wussy in at least deciding to fight I though double man up......so wrong was I....>_<

Mar 31, 2010 8:50 AM

Feb 2009
finally finished...also totally stupid ending...

was going to give this 7/10 but with all the BS at the last 2 eps, brought it down to 6/10..
Apr 2, 2010 5:02 PM

Jul 2008
Anime was stupid, badly paced and had way too much uncalled fanservice, I don't even need to mention that Yuto stayed a wuss for the whole freacking show and that they badly pulled a cliche ending on it.

That's why I prefer the manga, there's less fanservice (well at least the uncalled one) and Yuto grow some ball.

6/10 only because of Shizuku.
Apr 4, 2010 9:02 AM

Feb 2010
this is a weird ending
Apr 5, 2010 3:55 PM

Feb 2010
this series was somewhat enjoyable for me
Apr 7, 2010 9:47 AM

Apr 2010
I thought it was ok. Was hoping for some kind of romantic conclusion but harem end as expected. At least there was some good action in this episode.
Apr 7, 2010 1:46 PM
Dec 2007
Hmm ... I think I'll follow what other people have said and read the manga soon, to see what it's like.

Bad ending, predictable and poorly executed. The episode had it's good moments but with the exception of white demon Himari ... none of them make it into my favourite scenes of the series. In fact most of my favourites came from the first/middle-half of the series.

The fight was quite good, although I found the 9-tails and the male demon to be over-the-top in design, as was Himari's Supercharged Light Ferry Jumpsuit Nekoneko Boing-boing Battle Outfit ...

5/10 for the episode, 6/10 for the series - funny, good ecchi moments, but let down by the plot, slow development ... and by having too large a harem.
Apr 12, 2010 11:15 AM

Dec 2009
You know, I liked this Anime a lot! Most of all I liked Himari. I watched this series with interest. The end is not very good but it's OK. I liked all stuff in this Anime. The soundtrack is good , it fits well fighting moments. The story is catchy and the action/ecchi theme is perfect. Most of all I disliked the main character - Yuuto. He possesses bad qualities like cowardly, helpless and he is also pathetic at times. If I was him, I would do opposite of his actions: make love with Himari every night, touch her, feel her and take care of her. I'd like to have a girlfriend like Himari.
So, when calculating art, sound, characters, plot and enjoyment - I give 9/10 only because Yuuto is so stupid.
Apr 13, 2010 9:05 PM

Apr 2009
I don't mind 2nd season either. I think anime is anime and manga is manga. Some anime series didn't follow manga but I still watched those anime and read manga series. I remember when I watched "Kishin Doji Zenki" and felt disappointed like everyone now. But I still follow both anime and manga of that serie. So I still watch "Omamori Himari" as anime no matter what.

Apr 18, 2010 7:12 PM

Aug 2009
That was a dull ending.

5/10
-Fixing-
Apr 21, 2010 12:32 AM

Jan 2010
lionheart168 said:
O_O. the plotlines and character developments were static throughout the show.

yuuto hugging himari in the middle of a fight was weird:

Himari missed? or was Yuuto that good at fighting that he saw an opening and hugged her?

I'll read the manga and see if I can feel better.

You truly are lion-hearted if you can dive back into this mess after watching the finale.
Apr 21, 2010 6:18 AM

Jan 2009
Mockman said:
lionheart168 said:
O_O. the plotlines and character developments were static throughout the show.

yuuto hugging himari in the middle of a fight was weird:

Himari missed? or was Yuuto that good at fighting that he saw an opening and hugged her?

I'll read the manga and see if I can feel better.
You truly are lion-hearted if you can dive back into this mess after watching the finale.
That's why you should've started on the manga before the end of the anime.
Apr 25, 2010 7:07 PM

May 2009
Glad I can finally mark it as complete. Disappointing series, but at least it's over. Had it's good points, but they were more than overshadowed by the bad, which I rather not list since it would be long and just a rehash of what's already been written by others here. I will say that Rinko's character design creeped me out from start to finish and Yuuto was pathetic the entire way through aside from about 1 minute, if that.
Apr 26, 2010 9:38 PM
Dec 2009
The kind of ending to be expected with these kind of serie.
Someone goes berserk, brought back with love, then they turn into bad asses , then the bad guys turn into good guys. And the main male character never decides for any of the girls, even when you know who he actually loves.
Hated Yuuto from beggining to end ^^ Loved Himari though :D

The serie was OK. It wasnt a MUST SEE, but it was not a NOT WORTH IT either. I laughed at times ^^ I would have liked better fighting scenes and less pantie shots ^^
Apr 27, 2010 8:26 PM
Feb 2009
W0ow at the ending wat total let down
Apr 29, 2010 1:45 PM

Jul 2009
So the Light Ferry is what kind of ability? To transform demons into magical girls?
Ya, right... of course this is the strongest of aaaaalll abilties, of all fucking fireballs or whatever you might find, THIS is the strongest. Oh yeah.

Wow, this whole episode was so bad, I just had to decrease the overall score.
May 5, 2010 11:05 PM

Jun 2008
I kinda expected this ending as well, but i found the overall series very enjoyable and I hoping to hear of a 2nd season in the works.
May 7, 2010 1:42 PM
Nov 2009
My eyes rolled so much during this episode, they've circumnavigated the globe.
May 13, 2010 5:38 AM

Sep 2009
ending was ok :)
not as good as i expected it to be though xD
the transformation of Himaris clothes was awesome though i really liked what she was wearing :D
pretty good fanservice and black himari was awesome but the fight scenes could have been better anyway im going to watch some elfen lied in a few so ill forget about the ok ending of this anime xD

Jun 4, 2010 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
Ultimate Cleche much, however i dont mind them :D lolz at at ending when they poped there heads out of the door
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » omamori himari second season

animeking2115 - Nov 13, 2015

24 by Jeremiahdixonjer »»
Dec 31, 2022 1:10 PM

Poll: » Omamori Himari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BitchMaster - Jan 6, 2010

130 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 7, 2022 11:58 AM

Poll: » Omamori Himari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Mar 3, 2010

67 by off99555 »»
Oct 4, 2022 3:47 PM

Poll: » Omamori Himari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 24, 2010

64 by corvo_bianco »»
Sep 22, 2022 5:23 PM

Poll: » Best Couple Or Pair For Yuuto

removed-user - Sep 15, 2021

1 by RandomGuyScott »»
Sep 16, 2021 7:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.