Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2010 9:29 AM

Jan 2010
NoyaChan said:
Wow, so many twists. So in the end Hrima Mika never actually died. And Selty's head is in the hands of Izaya. Gaah.
Also... In the chat room, Tanaka Tarou = Mikado, Setton = Selty, but who's Izaya...? I didn't catch that. x__x'
He is the girl, while Celty and Mikado are the guys.
Mar 28, 2010 1:37 PM
May 2008
Nice twists I must say, and I'm liking where things are headed... though it is a little ambiguous where that might be.

Also, Selty give new meaning to "Giving head." lulz.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 28, 2010 2:56 PM

Sep 2008
Well that was a real twist! Seiji is really messed up in the head but so is that girl for wanting to stay with him after he tried to kill her. I guess that makes them a perfect couple? 0.o

Aw poor Kida-kun!! He will never get Anri! I hope to see more of him next ep :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2010 3:04 PM

Aug 2008
adamantine said:
DonKangolJones said:
And for the life of me I can't figure out it Shinra + Selty is a good or bad couple. DIFFERENT? Yes.
They have a sort of toxic relationship going on, but there's something about Shinra that sort of rubs the right way... haha I don't know how to explain. He seems to give off the opposite feeling of Seiji. Perhaps in a different show I'd find Shinra and Selty a bad couple, but in this one their relationship comes off as rather nice. Shinra has this neutral vibe going on, like all he cares about is Selty instead whatever the actual main plot is.

Thanks. I think that's a good perspective to take. I've always been suspicious of him, but he's never really done anything bad to her. Hopefully his attitude doesn't hurt them in the future.
Mar 28, 2010 5:01 PM

Dec 2009
Life must go on. This episode was a bit slow paced. Still good.
Mar 28, 2010 9:04 PM

Jun 2009
That was a relief, it wasn't really a cut and sewed for Harima.

Love Shinra and Selty moment

Mikado and Anri's full 75sec of time was great, I think they will be a couple.. they both blush that time

And Izaya being the mastermind for everything, like what he said He likes to play with human, emotions, life and death
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 28, 2010 11:23 PM

Jul 2007
So Mika had cosmetic surgery to look like Selty. I didn't see that coming. The look on Seiji's face made me burst out laughing.
Mar 28, 2010 11:34 PM

Sep 2007
Trie said:
So Mika had cosmetic surgery to look like Selty. I didn't see that coming. The look on Seiji's face made me burst out laughing.

I was kind of expecting Seiji to flip the fuck out and shank Mika in the gut when I saw his face.
Mar 28, 2010 11:59 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
Trie said:

I was kind of expecting Seiji to flip the fuck out and shank Mika in the gut when I saw his face.
Considering his eyes form and expression....I would agree with that too.....it might be still possible in future episodes.....when it happens watch me blow up here......I will logically insult Seiji more as if he did not have enough already of that from some people (me including and Panaru).

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 29, 2010 12:06 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
Trie said:

Considering his eyes form and expression....I would agree with that too.....it might be still possible in future episodes.....when it happens watch me blow up here......I will logically insult Seiji more as if he did not have enough already of that from some people (me including and Panaru).

You will not worry about Seiji because he & Mika will less appear in next arc.Instead new bunch of characters will be introduced.
Mar 29, 2010 12:30 AM

Oct 2009
Kagura89 said:
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
Trie said:

You will not worry about Seiji because he & Mika will less appear in next arc.Instead new bunch of characters will be introduced.
Since you know so much about that....PM me again about them and their future roles......yes well they also would logically focus on other aspects....most one being Kida who they did not develop, Anri and that slasher girl....Isaac and Miria would be a nice addition.....I really wish they would be involved in a fight but hardly doubt it they will do that.

Mar 29, 2010 12:38 AM

Dec 2009
Oooooh looks like Izaya is going to start a war. Lets hope the second arc is as good or even better than the first!
Mar 29, 2010 4:28 AM

Mar 2010
Does anyone have a ddl link?
Mar 29, 2010 8:20 AM

May 2008
Well well. Surprise surprise about Selty's head.

Man, Shizuo chasing Izaya has got to be the highlight of every episode whenever it happens xD I fricken love it.

Man, the head creeps me out..and even more so seeing Izaya just carry it around.

Mar 29, 2010 8:20 AM

Feb 2009
Izaya is having me run around in circles, and he's not even real. D:

Durarara is too epic for words.

Mar 29, 2010 9:02 AM

Jun 2009
Good story twist. And Izaya was awesome in this epsiode.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 29, 2010 10:22 AM

Aug 2008
They are all crazy!
Mar 29, 2010 12:51 PM

Apr 2009
Wasabi said:
Trie said:

Yeah o.o I'm kinda disappointed that he didn't xP (It's not like he's always been a gentleman...what with all the head-smashing and stuff)
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 29, 2010 3:26 PM
Jul 2008
Aeterna said:
I am totally raging over ShinraxCelty. Seriously, how the hell is Shinra's love for her "real"? He knew she was searching for her head every day for centuries on end. It was her ONE goal and the very thing she wanted most. And then, he KNEW where her head was but did not tell her. This is such possessive, selfish behaviour and tells me that he cares more for his own happiness than Celty's. If I were Celty, I'd punch him and leave him. I would never find such lies in a relationship acceptable.

I'm also convinced 100% that both Seiji and Mika are nutjobs, but since they're both that way, I'll leave them alone. They should probably be institutionalized, though =/

Aeterna said:
Yes, you can rationalize what Shinra did, but it still does not erase what he did (or rather, what he did not do). You can rationalize a lot of things but it does not change his actions. For example, if someone commits a murder, a court of law will only be concerned about whether they are guilty or not of the murder, regardless of their intentions. Or people will rationalize away things because they are blinded by emotions. My sister's friend, for example, was hit by her boyfriend but she rationalized it by saying, "He didn't mean it! He really does love me." I don't know about you, but I believe this so-called "love" does not excuse the boyfriend from hitting his girlfriend. It is abuse, plain and simple.

In this case, Shinra lied to Selty about something that was of the utmost importance to her. Yes, he did it out of fear, but doesn't that also mean it was a selfish reason? He was afraid that he would lose her, which means he would rather see her upset over not finding her head and keep her by his side instead of helping her achieve her dream, even at the risk of losing her. This is possessive and controlling behaviour, and I'm actually surprised people find it cute and adorable. It's not love, but obsession and possessiveness on Shinra's part, and a willingness to accept it on Selty's.

I wholeheartedly agree!

Since this is a fictional world (headless bikers, superstrong Shizuo, etc...), I'm guessing Izaya's rant will have some symbolical sense later. He is quite the irksome character. He seemed to be a manipulative, perverted nihilist but apparently he is also some sort of mystic.
Do not fear darkness. A path of shadows can only end into the light.
Mar 30, 2010 4:19 AM

Apr 2009
Izaya is such a troll.
Mar 30, 2010 11:05 PM

Oct 2008
Wow, Harima Mika is so twisted. o.o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 30, 2010 11:27 PM

Nov 2006
adamantine said:
DonKangolJones said:
And for the life of me I can't figure out it Shinra + Selty is a good or bad couple. DIFFERENT? Yes.
They have a sort of toxic relationship going on, but there's something about Shinra that sort of rubs the right way... haha I don't know how to explain. He seems to give off the opposite feeling of Seiji. Perhaps in a different show I'd find Shinra and Selty a bad couple, but in this one their relationship comes off as rather nice. Shinra has this neutral vibe going on, like all he cares about is Selty instead whatever the actual main plot is.
This is exactly how I feel; you phrased this really well. Narita Ryohgo seems to have a knack for making extremely odd relationships feel right.
Mar 31, 2010 2:14 AM

Oct 2009
People mentioned around Kida being funny and that Celty punch on Shinra.....well I kind decided to make the GIFs since I had some free time......here=>

Mar 31, 2010 10:12 AM

Aug 2009
^ awesome francismeunier.

This BETTER have a good ending. Scares me because I just got 'ending stabbed' very badly.
Apr 1, 2010 2:15 AM

Oct 2009
k0k0 said:
This BETTER have a good ending. Scares me because I just got 'ending stabbed' very badly.
You know for some reason I just bursted out laughing at that GIF of Shinra getting punched......that was really epic....forget about Celty getting punched by him....Shinra here is the funny one.

Apr 1, 2010 8:40 AM

Apr 2009
So it's confirmed that Selty is one of the Dollars. So did she join when she met Mikado or she was a member before that?
Apr 2, 2010 11:48 AM

Feb 2010
fli_guy84 said:
So it's confirmed that Selty is one of the Dollars. So did she join when she met Mikado or she was a member before that?

I'm sorry but does it really matter?
k0k0 said:

This is EPIC, they could have ended it near here, I gotta feeling the rest of the anime will be just as epic :D (i hope)
Trie said:

^ Same :)

Can't wait till the next episode
Apr 2, 2010 3:29 PM

Aug 2009
Ugggghhh...no DRRR! this week.

Need to fill the void...what's this? Ichiban Ushirou no Daimaou on DRRR's timeslot on CR? Well, maybe I'll give that a try...NOOO! It's only slightly humorous! Not epic enough! Not..epic...enough...

I'm in Despair! No DRRR this week has left me in Despair!
Apr 2, 2010 9:44 PM

Aug 2007
Izaya oh Izaya lmao... for a sec I thought he was about to kiss the head

Apr 3, 2010 11:27 PM

Jan 2009
i feel the show just ended but hoping to see more
Apr 4, 2010 11:26 AM
Mar 2010
Serie getting good :d
Apr 7, 2010 9:37 PM

Mar 2009
good episode, lots of unexpected stuff... again.
Apr 9, 2010 5:49 PM

Jun 2009
vertrag said:
Izaya oh Izaya lmao... for a sec I thought he was about to kiss the head

This ^

xD
Apr 12, 2010 4:08 AM

May 2008
lol that was shocking i guess

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 17, 2010 4:58 PM

Dec 2009
.... How long do we have to wait for good-for-nothing Seiji to die?
Apr 20, 2010 7:22 PM

Dec 2008
I'm not sure whether I should be surprised or not by the plastic surgery. Ah well. Very cool episode. I really like that Celty wants to find her head, but is afraid of what will happen once she finds it.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Apr 22, 2010 11:13 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I hope Yagiri dies.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 1, 2010 4:47 AM

Dec 2009
And the plot thickens, but I kind of figured that this was what was going on.

May 8, 2010 9:39 PM

Apr 2008
Really interesting ....

May 9, 2010 11:59 AM

Feb 2010
Izaya seems to be some kind of informant, and it looks like he has this city under control.
May 9, 2010 9:55 PM
Feb 2008
So Izaya was one of Mikado's online buddies and one of the big members of the Dollars on the online chats

"Celty" wasn't actually Celty and was Haruka the stalker chick who loved Seiji and whom he "killed"
She didn't really die and underwent surgery from Namie and The Doctor (who's name escapes my mind) to look like Celty's actual head

Izaya seems to be manipulating events to awaken Celty's head in an attempt to achieve some "higher status". He's already been jerking around Namie by actually talking to Haruka and such when they were looking for her.

Very strange and intriguing. It does feel like the show ended. Maybe this was the ending for the first book. Still things like the Slasher need to be answered. And of course Celty's head and Izaya's master plan. I still want to find out about Kida's past as well.

Very strong show. Much better than Baccano IMO
May 9, 2010 11:54 PM

Oct 2009
Nice :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2010 1:21 PM

Mar 2009
Hahahaha, there are some seriously messed up relationships in this show.
"There are four lights!! THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!!" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
May 25, 2010 11:33 PM

Jul 2008
And my dream team turns out to be the ones in the chatroom, this is awesome.
Jun 5, 2010 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
Another great episode, I hope next episodes OP and ED is just as good.
Jun 28, 2010 1:47 PM

Aug 2007
Uwah, I felt really sorry for Celty when she knew that it was Shinra. Lol, a punch as a substitute for a marriage kiss.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jul 2, 2010 11:41 PM

Jan 2009
So I guess this arc is over and onto the next?

Jul 3, 2010 3:45 PM
Jan 2009
The romance between Celty anad Shinra is so cute!!!
Jul 5, 2010 9:27 AM

Feb 2010
wow... I'm totally amazed .. GREAT PLOT!! just love it!!! <3
Izaya is some messed up character but that's what makes is sooo AweSomE
the relationships are so twisted.. like Mikado - Izaya - Celty are online buddies, didn't see that coming
Jul 25, 2010 12:36 AM

Sep 2008
Mika is just too lovely. For some reason, a crazy girl always throws thrills into life.
When she took that other girl's seat in school, the girl should not have complained because you have about a 90% chance that you'll become a main character.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.