Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Feb 25, 2018 4:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 16
With the recent movie New Game no Life Zero and a rising popularity outside Japan.. Do you think that this will help the series get a second season soon or can we still only hope for one? What are your thoughts or guesses?
~Death may be my only freedom.~

- C.C. from Code Geass - ♥
 
#2
Feb 25, 2018 4:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 583
They would be stupid not to but nothing has been announced yet.
 
#3
Feb 25, 2018 4:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 17
Popularity outside of Japan doesn't help much in what anime they decide to make. And even though I personally like what's coming after the first season ends, I can see why other fans of the first season may not like it.
 
#4
Feb 25, 2018 4:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5884
Oh i forget that i should watch this movie

It was a fun show
Let's pray for s2
 
#5
Feb 25, 2018 4:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 16
tragedydesu said:
Oh i forget that i should watch this movie

It was a fun show
Let's pray for s2


I haven't watched the movie yet, too. Hope it'll be good as the original.
I hope we will see some news in the next 2 years.
~Death may be my only freedom.~

- C.C. from Code Geass - ♥
 
#6
Feb 25, 2018 4:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5178
Even tho I personally didn't like no game no live that much I still hope it continues I hate it when shows end mit story without a satisfying conclusion
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.
 
#7
Feb 25, 2018 4:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 16
xShinigami3125 said:
Even tho I personally didn't like no game no live that much I still hope it continues I hate it when shows end mit story without a satisfying conclusion


True that goes for so many Anime it's sad. Thinking about you - Spice & Wolf -
~Death may be my only freedom.~

- C.C. from Code Geass - ♥
 
#8
Feb 25, 2018 4:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 6901
Why do plenty of people assume that popularity outside Japan is a big thing? The chances that an anime gets a sequel because of outside popularity is very rare.
 
#9
Feb 25, 2018 4:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 16
Brb said:
Why do plenty of people assume that popularity outside Japan is a big thing? The chances that an anime gets a sequel because of outside popularity is very rare.


Because popularity gives revenue and a bigger audience. Same goes for movies or books I'd say.
~Death may be my only freedom.~

- C.C. from Code Geass - ♥
 
Feb 25, 2018 4:49 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 458
God. Every time a see a thread like this I automatically assume a second season had been announced. Damn! OP, I just got my hopes high again!
"When you die, everybody knows you are dead, except you. It's the same when you have shit taste."



 
Feb 25, 2018 4:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 16
Knightmare_YK said:
God. Every time a see a thread like this I automatically assume a second season had been announced. Damn! OP, I just got my hopes high again!


Should have rephrased the title, yeah. I am new to the forums, but never stop believing!
~Death may be my only freedom.~

- C.C. from Code Geass - ♥
 
Feb 25, 2018 5:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 21315
I think the reason why it wasn't a big thing in Japan was because MC's affection or rather seen as an obsessive love towards his little sister. Besides that, thanks for breaking my false hope for a season 2 OP :p
 
Feb 25, 2018 5:00 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 458
I don't have your optimism, OP. Stop toying with me.
"When you die, everybody knows you are dead, except you. It's the same when you have shit taste."



 
Feb 25, 2018 5:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 6901
Kizuya said:
Brb said:
Why do plenty of people assume that popularity outside Japan is a big thing? The chances that an anime gets a sequel because of outside popularity is very rare.


Because popularity gives revenue and a bigger audience. Same goes for movies or books I'd say.

That's where your assumptions are lacking:

1. Royalties from outside of Japan aren't that big, they receive payments from licensing but that's it, judging from how successful shows outside Japan but not successful locally have fared . So far few shows have gotten enough traction simply because of outside influence.

2. This is particularly greater for movies as anime movies apart from the very mainstream ones only air in very few locations outside of Japan.

3. Lots of people pirate anime, partly because of its non-inclusive behavior, multiple licensing companies, refusal to pay or lack of funds (or a combination of each).

4. Just because the business model works that way in the English speaking world, does not mean it works in other areas. The language barrier is a very large hurdle and plenty of native English speakers fail to understand this concept because they fail to see the situation on the other side.

5. Unless you're buying the actual material (raw bd/dvd, ln and/or manga), your collective influence barely causes any traction.
 
Feb 25, 2018 5:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3772
I think there'll be a second season eventually. Though I've read the light novel till that point, so there isn't like this tense sort of excitement or anything.

Kizuya said:
a rising popularity outside Japan
Ooh rising popularity... wait outside Japan? Nah that wouldn't change a thing.
I swear I'm not a lolicon.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Opinions are all relevant. I express mine freely and believe everyone should too. Unless you say "<Insert anime here> is the best! Everything else sucks", then GTFO.
My MAL Interview
 
Feb 25, 2018 5:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 2966
"A rising popularity outside of Japan" means nothing, tbh. It will *eventually* get its second season, so all you have to do it wait.
 
Feb 25, 2018 7:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 698
Kizuya said:
Brb said:
Why do plenty of people assume that popularity outside Japan is a big thing? The chances that an anime gets a sequel because of outside popularity is very rare.


Because popularity gives revenue and a bigger audience. Same goes for movies or books I'd say.


You better pray the Japanese audiance considers it one of the best they've ever seen otherwise, at best the chance of a 2nd season is as it always was 50% chance.. That is if it was even remotely successful in Japan...

Best example that global popularity is useless and does not change anything in the industry is the fact that Air gear got globally popular but did badly in Japan, so you know it won't see the light of day again most likely(like 90% sure).
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
 
Feb 25, 2018 9:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 8056
Thread moved

Thread moved to the No Game No Life Board.
 
Mar 1, 2018 8:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
the first season was AMAZING! The first time that I literally love and enjoy to watch,then the movie is Outstanding! Fascinating! If No Game No Life will have a season 2 I will surely watch it and promote to my friends, relatives and even anime lovers that I know!
 
Mar 2, 2018 12:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 1
yes maybe will be second season





Modified by shiro-nai, Mar 2, 2018 12:35 PM
 
Mar 2, 2018 7:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1
(cant delete my comment ? )
Modified by desmondio, Mar 2, 2018 7:04 PM
 
Mar 3, 2018 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 308
shiro-nai said:
yes maybe will be second season







Where are these images from? Reverse searched them and I only found vague results.
 
Mar 3, 2018 8:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2
i dont type in forums at all but if there's a chance for seasons 2 of NoGameNoLife im very excited ,also the movie was GREAT made me watch for 3rd time the 1st season, so i hope!
 
Mar 5, 2018 11:35 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
Discounting the influence of popularity outside Japan may be historically accurate, but the industry is changing and I would say doing this now completely would be naive. Just this year Devilman Crybaby released with an English and Japanese version with Netflix as the only provider, both in Japan and worldwide.

This isn't to say Netflix is likely to be buying up rights to NGNL but it shows the popularity of anime in general abroad is much greater than it used to be, and I'd be surprised if Japanese Execs still don't consider it.
 
Mar 5, 2018 8:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1151
I doubt this would happen, but it would be great if the studio confirmed "We're going to adapt all the novels, no questions about it.", like Shaft did with Monogatari. Actually, it would be great if any studio did that for any other anime in the first place, but alas, that will probably never be the case, and probably not for No game No Life either. That said, if the creators were willing to return back to this franchise after this much time, I think they would also continue it in the future, so the chances are probably high. Will it be soon? Probably not. Will they be as devoted to adapting them (like Shaft does with Monogatari where plans for another work are already in progress by the end of each adaptation)? I highly doubt it. If there's going to be another season at all, I'd have to say 2019, and after that, I can imagine them taking a year or two between each season, again, that's if we do get continuations at all. Oh well, bundle up and stalk Anime New Network like I do. You'll either see the news first and are permitted to get excited before anyone else, or you'll just end up depressed like me that Kyoto Ani will never animate another season of Haruhi. No Game No Life most likely shares a similar fate.
 
Mar 5, 2018 8:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1151
desmondio said:
(cant delete my comment ? )

You can delete your comment by clicking delete on the side of the post... It should be in-between Quick Edit and Quote...
 
Mar 6, 2018 1:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 16
Draconix814 said:
I doubt this would happen, but it would be great if the studio confirmed "We're going to adapt all the novels, no questions about it.", like Shaft did with Monogatari. Actually, it would be great if any studio did that for any other anime in the first place, but alas, that will probably never be the case, and probably not for No game No Life either. That said, if the creators were willing to return back to this franchise after this much time, I think they would also continue it in the future, so the chances are probably high. Will it be soon? Probably not. Will they be as devoted to adapting them (like Shaft does with Monogatari where plans for another work are already in progress by the end of each adaptation)? I highly doubt it. If there's going to be another season at all, I'd have to say 2019, and after that, I can imagine them taking a year or two between each season, again, that's if we do get continuations at all. Oh well, bundle up and stalk Anime New Network like I do. You'll either see the news first and are permitted to get excited before anyone else, or you'll just end up depressed like me that Kyoto Ani will never animate another season of Haruhi. No Game No Life most likely shares a similar fate.


To be fair though, it only has been 4 years since the first season came out and there have been sequels to Anime, which ended 10 years ago like Code Geass or Kino no Tabi. I guess there is always a slight chance for continuations and after watching the movie yesterday with that type of ending, I can imagine them doing the second season 2020.
~Death may be my only freedom.~

- C.C. from Code Geass - ♥
 
Mar 25, 2018 4:20 PM
Anime Consumer

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 5
What is the movie about?

Modified by -Inani-, Mar 26, 2018 11:29 AM
 
Mar 25, 2018 9:35 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
Captain-Herlock said:
What is the movie about?

It's about the Great War that happened before the NGNL anime. It shows how Tet became the One True God, how Imanity survived the war and Steph's ancestors managed to put an end to the war and how Disboard became the way it is in the series. It's an amazing movie and it gives me hope of a second season. If they weren't at least considering the idea of making a second season, why would they even make the movie at all? They could be testing the waters. Overlord had a movie made and later got a second season, which is in the middle. Maybe, if we're lucky, they'll do the same with NGNL.
Modified by sonics1030, Mar 25, 2018 9:38 PM
 
Mar 27, 2018 11:02 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 1
ok, does anyone have some information about this


cause i just started watching Place further than the universe and i literally stopped when i saw this scene. did anyone maybe see something about this somewhere?
 
Mar 28, 2018 10:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
Alright minna san let's all transfer to Japan then all of our desires shall be granted
 
Mar 31, 2018 3:08 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 5
how could we not have a season 2? Season 1 ended unfinished
 
Mar 31, 2018 3:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 218
Backflipbro said:
how could we not have a season 2? Season 1 ended unfinished


Normally. Season 1 ended unfinished to bost BD and LN sales, It was just another "if you want more buy and read source material" ending.
 
Apr 1, 2018 2:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 98
Is it LN adaptation? Yes
Is it Monogatari? No
Therefore this show was only a commercial and there is no need for second season.
3 setps to become Masochist:
1. Read source material
2. Watch anime adaptation
3. Suffer
Bonus Step: Tell everyone that anime is crap becouse Manga/Novel is better (duh..)

How to find the worst trash anime ever, so bad that people should be ashamed for even knowing this trash exist:
1. Check your favorite anime
2. Enjoy your shit taste pleb
Works everytime for everyone.
 
Apr 11, 2018 12:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 12
who knows. Mad House made 2 season of Overlord and after 1 cour will be the another season. So i dont get them
 
Apr 13, 2018 7:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 22
Frankstoun said:
who knows. Mad House made 2 season of Overlord and after 1 cour will be the another season. So i dont get them


Yep, also tomorrow (April 15) will be held an event for NGNL. Hope it's 2nd season announcement
 
Apr 20, 2018 3:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3705
ApocalypseOrgy said:
ok, does anyone have some information about this


cause i just started watching Place further than the universe and i literally stopped when i saw this scene. did anyone maybe see something about this somewhere?


It is definitely just a reference within that anime. Convenient stores to tie up collaborations all the time, so the store in this anime is just doing one with NGNL.

It is also a joke...it's called No Game No Life Z on the poster...
 
Apr 21, 2018 4:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 1166
I heard there was supposed to be but because of plagiarism allegations or something there won't be one, if that is true then who tf made those allegations, ruined the chances of one of my favorite series having a season two because of their no name fucking self making allegations.
 
Apr 26, 2018 8:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 1294
The author was suied for one of the stupidest reasons ever
He fucking copied poses and not even some original poses
He didn't copy the art style at all
Neither the look of the characters
Anw the movie did great so maybe
 
Apr 26, 2018 9:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2322
Akerakai said:
The author was suied for one of the stupidest reasons ever
He fucking copied poses and not even some original poses
He didn't copy the art style at all
Neither the look of the characters
Anw the movie did great so maybe


What are you talking about man can u explain it.
 
Apr 26, 2018 9:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 1294
Congintive said:
Akerakai said:
The author was suied for one of the stupidest reasons ever
He fucking copied poses and not even some original poses
He didn't copy the art style at all
Neither the look of the characters
Anw the movie did great so maybe


What are you talking about man can u explain it.
http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/25694/no-game-no-life-author-has-been-caught-tracing/
 
Apr 26, 2018 9:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2322
Akerakai said:
Congintive said:


What are you talking about man can u explain it.
http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/25694/no-game-no-life-author-has-been-caught-tracing/


This is just so retarded man hope they make the 2nd season
 
May 4, 2018 5:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 9
shiro-nai said:
yes maybe will be second season







Yo where did you find these images? I havent seen them in any of the released episodes
 
May 6, 2018 8:18 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
Most likely fanmade.
 
May 7, 2018 2:45 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1
Canonicity said:
shiro-nai said:
yes maybe will be second season







Yo where did you find these images? I havent seen them in any of the released episodes


Its probably from the specials
+ i hope season 2 comes out
 
May 8, 2018 8:00 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
looks like madhouse gonna keep to its reputation of not making 2nd season after all....
i mean i think it has one of the best reviews an anime can ask for and also the best selling records but still why not???
i only wish that i can watch the anime fully before i die....
 
May 14, 2018 10:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
Well Madhouse did make a season 2 of Overlord, and making season 3.
 
May 21, 2018 12:33 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1
Could it be possible if TV Tokyo funds Mad House to make NGNL Season 2 ? TV tokyo is one of the biggest production house . With them Mad House can easily make NGNL season2 without worrying about money
 
May 22, 2018 2:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
That'll be nice, I hope that happens.
 
May 26, 2018 12:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 390
NGNL isn't really my type of anime but I think we deserve a second season because it left us hanging hardcore.



I had a chameleon soul, no moral compass pointing due north, no fixed personality; just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean.
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »