Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 13, 2018 1:50 AM

Nov 2015
Excuse the short reply but I completely agree with you, however if you look at pretty much any Youtube channel which tend to write reviews on any genre of entertainment, the majority of them tend to overanalyze. Sometimes they do provide some useful insight into the subject, but mostly they are simply trying to sound smarter than their audience.
May 13, 2018 3:38 AM

Jul 2015
TiaanM777 said:
Excuse the short reply but I completely agree with you, however if you look at pretty much any Youtube channel which tend to write reviews on any genre of entertainment, the majority of them tend to overanalyze. Sometimes they do provide some useful insight into the subject, but mostly they are simply trying to sound smarter than their audience.

You know someone will come and tell you you're pretending to love Cowboy Bebop/GitS and are just trying to look smarter than battle shounen fans?

I fail to see how "over-analyzing" something -if that's even possible- is so terrible that it deserves the buckets of anti-intellectualism people pour in these boards.
May 13, 2018 4:22 AM

Jun 2016
Kumagawa_mei said:
AndoCommando said:
Aye man, you know these guys gotta make that ez youtube money amirite?

But hey, I'll take pretentious overthinking on Asian cartoons over random black guys reacting to episodes. (Note: White guys, Asian guys, anyother guys and girls are not exempt from this, but I'm pretty sure that most of these people be black. Not trying to be racist; Black Critic Guy is my dad, just sayin)
AndoCommando said:
Aye man, you know these guys gotta make that ez youtube money amirite?

But hey, I'll take pretentious overthinking on Asian cartoons over random black guys reacting to episodes. (Note: White guys, Asian guys, anyother guys and girls are not exempt from this, but I'm pretty sure that most of these people be black. Not trying to be racist; Black Critic Guy is my dad, just sayin)

Cant be your daddy if he a virgin tho
/////////

How dare you insult my Papa Tony like that! Grrrrrr.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2018 6:11 AM
Apr 2017
Maybe they just don't find it as overanalyzing? People can interpret a work in vastly different ways. They took more from it than you did, no need to generalize.
Halpher said:
I'll be like "Yeah, killing Nappa and not giving a damn about Raditz and trying to kill Goku, Gohan really helps his case....
He cared more about what it meant to be a saiyan and whether or not one was worthy. He saw incompetent warriors and those who weren't true to their nature as disgraces to the name.
May 13, 2018 6:34 AM

Feb 2015
as if there is to analyze on such cartoons aside from their production and commodification

damn idealists and their artsy fictions
May 13, 2018 6:54 AM

Jul 2017
because most of the time, the show is deeper that it sems. that is, most of the time.

For example I have been reading berserk lately, and I thought" damn griffith and guts are very well written character dude", then I watched that video of alexcandxr:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4JVtQwWHBk&t=896s
and while watching it, I realised lots of things about the character that I didn't see while reading, and it made me realise how well written the character is, even more than what I knew. and it was all easy to understand, like I could have understood that myself.

I don't think they over-analyze most of the time that's just being paranoid imo.
May 13, 2018 8:21 AM

Nov 2015
Clebardman said:
TiaanM777 said:

You know someone will come and tell you you're pretending to love Cowboy Bebop/GitS and are just trying to look smarter than battle shounen fans?

I fail to see how "over-analyzing" something -if that's even possible- is so terrible that it deserves the buckets of anti-intellectualism people pour in these boards.

I don't find anything wrong with analyzing a series. The point I tried to make is that these people tend to praise series for themes which aren't always prominent to the series. It basically boils down to me not agree with their opinions on a particular series. Sorry if my response offended you. GITS/Cowboy Bebop - like all my favorites - are which I personally found enjoyable. I love both of those series for their great cast of characters.
May 13, 2018 9:35 AM

Apr 2016
Honestly, I think it's cooler to over-analyze rather than not think at all. We as humans have the ability to think abstractly and think of what's not seen. Of course, it's kinda comical when some try to decode simple things, but at least they're trying rather than people who simply take everything for face value. It's kinda like when a child learns to ride a bike for the first time and they run into a bush; it's funny that they didn't think to stop while they were ahead, but at least they rode it. My advice, don't over-analyze over-analyzing. Why do they do it? Because they're human and make mistakes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2018 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
Their is no such thing is over analyzing.
May 15, 2018 12:22 AM

Jul 2011
Sometimes, when you're talking about technicalities you have to go into details.
But from what I've seen, in most cases it's just that people don't know enough about technicalities so they go in circles. Over-analyzing is going in circles. Going into details in order to explain technicalities is in-depth analyzing and it's less common.
May 15, 2018 12:27 AM

Aug 2017
i overanalyze ur dick because is so small
May 15, 2018 12:29 AM

Dec 2014
That's thir job!

What do you think an anylsis should look like:
Title: .....
Genres: ......
Animation : 5/10
Music: 7/10
Story: 8/10
Charcters: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Like comment subscribe for more great content!
May 15, 2018 12:41 AM
Nov 2017
I think analyzing your favourite shows/movies can be fun to listen to or talk about and some of them really contains deeper meaning than they appear but these anime youtubers are just dick riding their favourite anime. I had the same feeling you had when I watched some of these youtubers. While some of them give legit reasons but the majority of them are just there to suck cocks. Fuck them.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 5 hours ago

13 by Zayvex »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 40 minutes ago

12 by DarkShame2 »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - Yesterday

20 by BlueBullet178 »»
11 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 4 hours ago

26 by Horizon248 »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

88 by ColourWheel »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.