Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2018 10:41 AM

Jan 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The proposal sounds interesting .. but ... how can he have something as powerful as that?
The question remains, what will the Earth do with the new technology?
In the end almost everything was lost ....
And in the next meetings?
Mar 19, 2019 8:46 PM

Mar 2016
I really enjoyed this one. Super-solid with a more laid-back almost contemplative feeling, especially in the first episode, which was a pleasant surprise. I thought that fit well with the dream-like sequences, and all of the 'between the past and future' stuff. A little sappy in the end but it works.

Someone who knows more about animation production could probably easily prove me wrong, but some of those POV aerial shots, and a lot of the complex movement and tracking shots in the air, seemed incredibly advanced. Even that one shot where the 'camera' was under Tomoru as he was walking seemed like it would be a huge pain in the ass to animate. Visually and technically, this was a real marvel.
syncrogazerMar 19, 2019 8:49 PM
Apr 20, 2021 6:04 AM

Aug 2017
Well of course they found an excuse to show nude Michi. Though for some reason she doesn't need to undress to use the mental device lol (unlike Tomoru)

Not gonna lie, the first person view of Michi's glasses being took off caught me off guard. And she can manage without them, after all!

The (possible) influences from earlier media are so many I'm tired to count them. There we go with red newtype-like flashes, destroyer planets, brief lightsaber sounds a couple of times, cracking fists a-la BGC, etc.

Not sure how the Sun was made to rise earlier or whatever the thing from the Moon that kept the cannon working...but that was cool. Much better than I expected, actually. The direction, voice acting and music pulled it off.

Nov 10, 2023 8:29 PM

Oct 2021
This was a great show, the final battle was spectacular. I really like the technology aesthetics and the characters. Orgun and Commander Zoa looks badass.

The plot was nice, even though it was way too convoluted for only 3 episodes.

Overall I really liked it.

Thanks for the bewbs by the way, they were very appreciated.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detonator Orgun Episode 2 Discussion

badbass55 - Feb 23, 2018

2 by GarouWolf »»
Nov 4, 2023 10:22 PM

Poll: » Detonator Orgun Episode 1 Discussion

cantius - Dec 2, 2010

6 by GarouWolf »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:23 PM

» Detonator Orgun Episode 3

antipurefaith - Aug 14, 2013

0 by antipurefaith »»
Aug 14, 2013 1:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.