Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2018 9:50 AM

Jan 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Actually this is something unexpected but possible, a pity the attitude of both sides ...
Apr 20, 2021 3:29 AM

Aug 2017
I think there was a one-liner Nene/Akiko Hiramatsu cameo during the "prediction" on the 5th minute but I'm not sure

"Ovarium 808" - number choice as a reference to a certain cyberpunk OVA? Also, I-Zack/Hi-Zack

The changing environments in one room were used at least once in a later cyberpunk show, I think...Psycho-Pass or Ergo Proxy, maybe. The tunnels for pilots are similar to those from Gall Force, iirc. Same with EDF transforming mecha. Though Macross is also likely an influence. And BGC-style machine guns implemented in the mecha's hand (kinda looks like a hard suit though).

Nice dryer Michi has there. I'm totally shocked the excuse to show nudity wasn't used to the fullest, that's a rarity.

So there're people other than Tomoru/Michi who have ancestors linked to the Evoluders, e.g. the foreseer girl and the military guy voiced by Wakamoto...though he's also the voice of Tomoru's brother, which raises all sorts of questions about Orgun's relation to Lang. Plus Lang was able to connect to Orgun mentally/read his thoughts.

P.S. It's awesome to see Yamadera vs Wakamoto rivalry here because we'll see it again in Cowboy Bebop!
St0rmbladeApr 20, 2021 5:18 AM
Nov 4, 2023 10:22 PM

Oct 2021
I really like the art in this series.

So they were from Earth all along, still doesn't explain why Orgun needs to link with somenone, even if Tomoru is his distant family or something.

Anyways loved the shower scene, moar please.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detonator Orgun Episode 3 Discussion

badbass55 - Feb 23, 2018

3 by GarouWolf »»
Nov 10, 2023 8:29 PM

Poll: » Detonator Orgun Episode 1 Discussion

cantius - Dec 2, 2010

6 by GarouWolf »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:23 PM

» Detonator Orgun Episode 3

antipurefaith - Aug 14, 2013

0 by antipurefaith »»
Aug 14, 2013 1:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.