Forum Settings
Forums

A girl that i like said i need to stop watching anime

New
Feb 22, 2018 10:57 AM

Aug 2017
So this girl,she said that if i want to go out with her,i need to stop watching anime. I wanted to talk about it and like tell her i could limit it or something,nope,i just need to stop.I just cant do that tho,what do you think about it ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 22, 2018 10:59 AM

Oct 2013
Man this seems to happen so often Im starting to honestly wonder if its a meme

Eh but if its true you have 3 options
1. Lie to her and watch anime behind her back
2. Give up on anime because she worth it
3. Give up on her and find a girl who doesn't try and change who you are
Feb 22, 2018 11:01 AM

Jan 2018
I'd say you got quite far. You had a good run. When I try talk to girls they look in disgust or pretend they're busy with something.
Please send comments on replies to rms at gnu period org.

Copyright (c) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 Richard Stallman
Verbatim copying and redistribution of this entire reply are permitted provided this notice is preserved.
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Give up anime
Get a girlfriend
Girlfriend breaking-up
Getting back to anime after having had a girlfriend
GGGG you no virgin nigga

May 2016
^ ^ ^That's real advice right there. (the first comment)
And yeah I feel like this is starting to become a meme lol . But if it's real I feel sorry for you brah
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Feb 22, 2018 11:02 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Continue with anime and be a dick to her everytime you see her. Find a girl who doesn't want to change you.

Dec 2014
XD
Deknijff said:
Man this seems to happen so often Im starting to honestly wonder if its a meme

Eh but if its true you have 3 options
1. Lie to her and watch anime behind her back
2. Give up on anime because she worth it
3. Give up on her and find a girl who doesn't try and change who you are

exactly this, don't let anyone change you though.

May 2012
Avoid her like the plague. Honestly, if she's trying to control you before you even start dating, how bad is she going to be when you're actually in a relationship? And the fact that you were willing to compromise, when you had no need to, and she wasn't says a lot.

Sep 2014
Why don't you force her to watch things she doesn't like with hope that she might like it one day?
Like everybody always do in this situation
Feb 22, 2018 11:03 AM

Aug 2017
It is i honestly thought she woudlnt mind at all cuz she is really into steampunk and stuff,why should anime be a problem then right ? It makes me sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2018 11:04 AM

Jan 2018
If you stop watching anime for this girl not only is she going to lose respect for you, but you are going to lose respect for yourself. She clearly wants to control you and this is just a big test.

You need to have an abundance mindset. You can just find another girl that doesn't care of better yet is into anime. I've been blessed in the sense that I've dated women who are more Henri anime than me. But, some won't be.

Why change for some girl when you can find someone who likes you for who you are?
Feb 22, 2018 11:05 AM

Sep 2016
Drop that bitch, if you have to go out of your way to please someone then they're not worth your time.

🔥You're looking at someone🔥

🔥Who is superior to you🔥

🔥You have my permission to🔥

🔥Bask in my glow🔥

Feb 22, 2018 11:06 AM

Apr 2016
If she's making you stop watching anime to even consider a relationship, she probably doesn't like you enough for anything lasting to happen. You can always watch anime without telling everyone about it if you are really interested in this person.
Feb 22, 2018 11:06 AM

Aug 2017
gettogaara said:
Avoid her like the plague. Honestly, if she's trying to control you before you even start dating, how bad is she going to be when you're actually in a relationship? And the fact that you were willing to compromise, when you had no need to, and she wasn't says a lot.
You know,the think is im not that attractive,and she really is,its a miracle i managed to get that far.
Feb 22, 2018 11:07 AM

Oct 2014
Rarie said:
So this girl,she said that if i want to go out with her,i need to stop watching anime. I wanted to talk about it and like tell her i could limit it or something,nope,i just need to stop.I just cant do that tho,what do you think about it ?

Do you love her enough to give up anime and those waifus?

Me? I'm with this guy

aSuperiorGamer said:
Drop that bitch, if you have to go out of your way to please someone then they're not worth your time.

She probably won't worth it in the end, that she asks so much from you as first investment.
Feb 22, 2018 11:07 AM

Aug 2017
Hrybami said:
Why don't you force her to watch things she doesn't like with hope that she might like it one day?
Any advice how should i start with it please.
Feb 22, 2018 11:08 AM

Aug 2017
There was this dude on my school that hated anime so much,after i showed him shingeki no kyoji he became an ultimate anime fan. This is just harder in my opinion.
Feb 22, 2018 11:09 AM

Oct 2014
Rarie said:
Hrybami said:

Do you know her taste on film/books?
Feb 22, 2018 11:09 AM

Jan 2018
Rarie said:
gettogaara said:
You know,the think is im not that attractive,and she really is,its a miracle i managed to get that far.

Sounds like you have some hardcore self esteem issues. Why do you feel that way? How old are you?
Feb 22, 2018 11:10 AM

Sep 2017
She is definitely not worth it. Anyone who tries to change who you are is a shitty person. Not only that, but you wouldn't be a good match anyway if she hates anime so much that she'd make you stop. You'll regret it later.

Dec 2017
Then you choose,the girl or the anime?
Honestly,if she like you,then she should like you for who you are,with your hobbies included,but you can choose another one who might like someday(wish you good luck tho)

May 2015
You should break up with her. Problem solved!
Feb 22, 2018 11:11 AM

Aug 2017
Revvie-chan said:
Rarie said:

Do you love her enough to give up anime and those waifus?

Me? I'm with this guy

aSuperiorGamer said:

She probably won't worth it in the end, that she asks so much from you as first investment.
Siigh,ur actually making some good points.. I could try to convince her like show her some good show or something,it feels almost impossible to do that tho
Feb 22, 2018 11:12 AM

Aug 2017
Revvie-chan said:
Rarie said:

She is obsessed with steampunk and stuff related to piano
Feb 22, 2018 11:13 AM

Sep 2014
Rarie said:
gettogaara said:

If that's true she might just want to play with you like a toy. It's not rare for girls your age.
Feb 22, 2018 11:13 AM

Feb 2016
I went on a date with a girl once and we started talking about avatar the last airbender and after a few minutes she started disrepsecting azula calling her an evil bitch etc and I couldn't stand it. I told her azula was the real winner of the agni kai and the true fire lord and she called azula a cheater. like bitch the fuck she's a god. i told her to fuck off. thank god i didn't start dating her. imagine if i had married an azula hater.
Feb 22, 2018 11:14 AM

Apr 2016
She wants to change you? Nah, not gonna happen. Dump dat bish.
Feb 22, 2018 11:15 AM
Mar 2017
Rarie said:

Man.. Either u Cn get a Laifu or a Waifu.. perhaps u cn make involve a third-party in ur side ( ahem.. a hybrid mixover of both..ahem..ahem) :D
Feb 22, 2018 11:15 AM

Mar 2017
She's trying to change you. Ask first if the change is something you want, or which would make you a better person. If the answer is no, be true to yourself. Maybe she's willing to talk about it or go out with you anyway, and maybe not.

It's also possible she's trying to get you to prove you want her enough to give up something just because she asked you to, and it isn't about anime per se. I'd steer clear of any girl who would play that game.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Feb 22, 2018 11:16 AM

Aug 2017
StarSwoardsman said:
Rarie said:

Sounds like you have some hardcore self esteem issues. Why do you feel that way? How old are you?
Im 19 dude,not that old,not that young,i actually lost a lot of weight,now im trying to hit the gym and stuff around that

Jun 2016
If i were you i would give up on her, a person who doesn't respect your personal tastes doesn't deserve your time.
If trying to make her understand that doesn't help and you really stop watching anime then you're an idiot.

Jan 2016
I'm surprised that no one has asked why she told you to stop watching anime. So is there a specific reason as to why?

After all, the reason should definitely influence your decisions.
Feb 22, 2018 11:17 AM

Aug 2017
ProofByColor said:
She is definitely not worth it. Anyone who tries to change who you are is a shitty person. Not only that, but you wouldn't be a good match anyway if she hates anime so much that she'd make you stop. You'll regret it later.
The thing is,she is really nice,always smiling,not smoking,not drinking,i just find that so fascinating,maybe im just dumb .
Feb 22, 2018 11:18 AM

Apr 2017
Tell her to stop reading steampunk. She won't right?

Then why you have to stop watching anime?
Feb 22, 2018 11:18 AM

Sep 2011
Better live alone than live with somebody who tries to change who you are and separate you from something that gives you pleasure in life. From experience, other people who try to change you are RARELY worth it. If you find something that makes you happy you need to prioritize keeping it (unless it is unethical). Unlike another person, you are in complete control of when you decide it leaves your life.

If the other person is willing to introduce you to an alternative while accepting the weening process it shows that person is actually willing to invest in you and cares about you. In this situation it is up to you to determine whether what this person is offering is enough to sacrifice what you know makes you happy.

From what you've described, OP, you do NOT want to be with this person, and this person does not deserve you.
Feb 22, 2018 11:20 AM

Oct 2014
Rarie said:
Revvie-chan said:

Well, my opinion is of the first post.
But I'm never against anyone trying to introduce anime and never against anyone chasing their love.
You made this thread and replied almost each and every comment here, so I would assume you've put some effort in for this girl.

I'm talking about genre preferences.
I mean: is it drama? or maybe action?
Does she like it when it tear-inducing or when it pumps her adrenaline instead?
Feb 22, 2018 11:21 AM

Jan 2018
Rarie said:
StarSwoardsman said:

Im 19 dude,not that old,not that young,i actually lost a lot of weight,now im trying to hit the gym and stuff around that
. That's not an excuse.
You need to work on your inner game. You need to start loving yourself and respecting yourself. You need to talk to yourself better.

It's good that you are going to the gym. Keep it up. But, if you hate yourself it means nothing because girls won't stay with you. Read books, meditate, practice self love, read self affirmations, visualize. Do whatever it takes. By the time you are my age (25) you'll be a badass.
Feb 22, 2018 11:22 AM

Sep 2014
ButadonMeitantei said:
I'm surprised that no one has asked why she told you to stop watching anime. So is there a specific reason as to why?

Asking why to a girl is not going to help much. By experience, when they are minded with something they won't let you know the truth and when you happen to find the truth they will deny it. It's complicated like that sometimes.

May 2012
Rarie said:
gettogaara said:

Even if that's true, or rather, especially if that's true, you can't give her this kind of power over you. Because if she already thinks that she's out of your league, finding out how eager you are to give up your own interests for her sake will make her take you for granted, and the relationship won't last very long at all.

As for getting her into anime, has she ever watched Avatar The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra? Not anime, but I find it very easily opens the gateway to anime. If she likes that, then maybe try FMA since it's kind of steampunk and its quality is undeniable.

Jul 2016
I mean you can still watch it in private and just not talk about it.
Feb 22, 2018 11:23 AM

Aug 2017
ButadonMeitantei said:

Well sometimes im going to this thing called "Kumbal" its a religious place where people meet up and spend time with each other,im not religious or anything,i just like to hang out with these people,she is not religious too,i been talking with her for a long time and we started talking about what places we want to visit,and i said Japan,she asked if i like the japanese cartoons,i replied that i love them,i just got a cold "I see i see" from her
Feb 22, 2018 11:24 AM

Aug 2017
senpaiazula said:
I went on a date with a girl once and we started talking about avatar the last airbender and after a few minutes she started disrepsecting azula calling her an evil bitch etc and I couldn't stand it. I told her azula was the real winner of the agni kai and the true fire lord and she called azula a cheater. like bitch the fuck she's a god. i told her to fuck off. thank god i didn't start dating her. imagine if i had married an azula hater.
Interesting story,could i ask how old are you please ?
Feb 22, 2018 11:26 AM

Mar 2017
Rarie said:

There's quite a bit of anime that includes these themes. If you can get her to the point of discussing what her issue with anime is, and maybe to compromise on it, then you could suggest watching some of these with her.
mwalimuFeb 22, 2018 11:29 AM
A møøse once bit my sister...
Feb 22, 2018 11:26 AM

Aug 2017
Revvie-chan said:
Rarie said:

Well, my opinion is of the first post.
But I'm never against anyone trying to introduce anime and never against anyone chasing their love.
You made this thread and replied almost each and every comment here, so I would assume you've put some effort in for this girl.

I'm talking about genre preferences.
I mean: is it drama? or maybe action?
Does she like it when it tear-inducing or when it pumps her adrenaline instead?
Im sorry,my english is not that good.Pretty sure its drama and romance,one of her favorite movie is Van Helsing
Feb 22, 2018 11:27 AM

Nov 2007
Anime was a mistake. It won't get you anywhere. Go out with her. Just don't get dumped by her after allowing her to decide on what you get to enjoy and what you get to not.

Also, stop thinking that she is a miracle to have come to consider going out with you. Have confidence in yourself for who you are. In the first place, if you really like her and think she is a God sent, you shouldn't be asking such a thing in a place that is full of quality MAL users like us.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 22, 2018 11:27 AM

Aug 2017
mwalimu said:

There's quite a bit of anime that includes these themes. If you can get her to the point of discussing what her issue with anime is, and maybe to compromise on it, then you could suggest watching some of these with her.[/quote] Could i please ask what do you suggest,also the thing is i dont know who she would react to the fact im watching it in japanese language.
Feb 22, 2018 11:29 AM

Dec 2014
She is not worth your time find someone who accepts you for you and who doesn't try to change you.
Feb 22, 2018 11:29 AM

Aug 2017
Guys im reading everything you wrote,i just dont know how to respond to all stuff,im so sorry.
Feb 22, 2018 11:31 AM

Nov 2013
> likes a girl
> said girl tells you to stop watching anime
pick one

fr tho, if anime means a lot to you, the girl is not worth, just imo
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
Feb 22, 2018 11:32 AM

Jun 2016
Make the experiment and date her. If it doesn't work you always can go back to watch anime.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - 6 hours ago

9 by Dumb »»
3 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 3 hours ago

12 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - 9 hours ago

23 by Ricchan__ »»
6 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

161 by Adnash »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » slut vs prude waifus

deg - Yesterday

31 by LightWorker »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.