Forum Settings
Forums

Seinen manga are not for kids and teenagers.

New
Feb 22, 2018 7:05 AM

Dec 2017
I'm tired watching lots of anime. Before, I was hooked and focused into it that sometimes I spent most of my time on it and I neglected my studies, until I couldn't found any that made me put to my mood to spend my hours watching the entirety of its series. I decided to take a break.

I started to read manga. Its convinient, I can read while commuting and spending my short free time on school.

I read many kinds of shounen manga, and also manga from my favorites that doesn't recived a second season. It was fun. It was all about adventures, friendships, desire to become better and stronger, and so on.

Later on, I'm also sick of it. So I decided to read seinen manga.

I read many interesting seinen manga titles, some of them are well-written masterpieces.

I found out that IT WAS MORE WAY BETTER than shounen manga.

But... I stray further, and discover more.

Then, while I searched and read the manga from the deepest of the seinen and reached into the depths adult manga demographic.

There are horrid, obscene and scandalous mangas. Rape, immoral and impure relationships, murder and other wicked things you can think of. Its there.

Whats more? I like it though. I'm fucked up.

Nah, but I abhorr those smutty mangas that the girls I like are getting screwed by bastards and making them impure women. Ugh.

Now, I question why these authors make these kind of stories? What the hell are going on to their minds? Is it alright to read these kind of things?

Please share what are you thinking and if you read these kind of stuff what will you say about these kind of manga?
Feb 22, 2018 7:45 AM

Jan 2017
We had the same experience. I grew out of watching shounen so I tried reading seinen. I haven't dug up that deep into it but yes, you'll find that a common thing in seinen manga. It's meant to 18+ after all.

Why they make those stories? Ofc, there are people who will read them. Like you, some enjoy them. It's alright to read them but getting twisted because of it, now that's real bad.

Seinen fits me better than shounen. You won't get tired of them as it covers a wide array of categories.
Feb 22, 2018 7:37 PM
Jul 2018
I only read like 2 seinen manga. I would probably read more from that genre if it weren't for the fact that most of the ones I encounter are too explicit for me to deal with.

Not that I am super obsessed with shounen either now though.
Feb 23, 2018 8:35 AM

Aug 2015
You're talking about seinen manga, right? Cause this sounds more like hentai.

Berserk as an example is a seinen, but the gore there is plot relevant. You describe the seinen you read as some guro hentais without any story and just made for shock factor.
Feb 23, 2018 10:29 AM

Feb 2016
Ofc seinen has some heavy shit, it's because life has heavy shit. Aand there is eroguro and all the twisted hentai stuff, and I love it. I mostly read shounen mangas to torture myself, there are some pleasant exceptions though.

There's no need bashing authors for their twisted stories. This is how some people think and feel, and it's not that they are inherently evil.

Think about it: if we sick people couldn't express ourselves through fictional stories and art, what we would we do to others in real life?
Feb 23, 2018 11:27 PM
Oct 2015
What can you do about drugs? Nothing. First settle this one.
Feb 23, 2018 11:37 PM

Feb 2017
year 1890...

dan gf's had an affair with her boss and decided to break up with dan, dan's gf's boss had contacts at dan's workplace,so he decided to be a dick and made dan got fired from his job. Now,his gf had dumped him,he has lost his job,while walking aimlessly, all depressed his wallet also got stolen by a pickpocketer. now he cant even pay his apartment rent, in short he is fking screwed. he is in a screwed mental stage with a very weak psyche, thoughts like 'i have lost everything' may be coming to his mind which eventually after some thinking turned into hatred and he wants to drive this hatred to some direction like taking revenge...full of hatred against his gf and her boss.He wants to destroy them,he has already started fantasizing about destroying them in his mind but this is not enough.....not enough...his imagination is not clear enough to make himself feel good...

A week later...

dan is in his room....a room filled with foul stench of blood, and pieces of meat lying here and their...

reading newspaper in which the headline on front page says 'boss and coworker missing;

different story-

year 2018....

ben gf's had an affair with her boss and decided to break up with ben, ben's gf's boss had contacts at ben's workplace,so he decided to be a dick and made ben got fired from his job. Now,his gf had dumped him,he has lost his job,while walking aimlessly, all depressed his wallet also got stolen by a pickpocketer. now he cant even pay his apartment rent, in short he is fking screwed. he is in a screwed mental stage with a very weak psyche, thoughts like 'i have lost everything' may be coming to his mind which eventually after some thinking turned into hatred and he wants to drive this hatred to some direction like taking revenge...full of hatred against his gf and her boss.He wants to destroy them,he has already started fantasizing about destroying them in his mind but this is not enough.....not enough...his imagination is not clear enough to make himself feel good...

few days later...

he is busy reading 'prion lab' manga.
foscor70Feb 25, 2018 5:50 AM

More topics from this board

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

18 by Chuckiemuffin »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1042 by codelyok13 »»
5 hours ago

» I need help finding a manga that I have forgotten

codelyok13 - 5 hours ago

0 by codelyok13 »»
5 hours ago

» Do you ever skim through your Manga?

zaganGao - Jan 23

26 by Zimmu »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - Apr 15

22 by Lucifrost »»
Apr 17, 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.