Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 21, 2018 12:40 PM
News Team
Kakkoii 🐠🐟

At the "Libra Nihon Shibu Fuyu no Budoukai (Winter Ball)" special event on Saturday, release of the fifth volume of Kekkai Sensen: Back 2 Back manga was announced, which will bundle a new OVA. The volume will go on sale on July 4, with April 23 being its pre-order deadline.

The OVA, which will have a duration of 24 minutes, will adapt two stories. The first story titled "Zapp Renfro Inga Oohou-juu!!" will adapt a chapter from volume four, while the second story, titled "Bakkaadio no Shizuku," will adapt a chapter from volume two.

Kekkai Sensen is drawn by Yasuhiro Nightow and initially started serialization in Jump SQ as a pilot chapter in 2008. It continued as a full series in Jump SQ.19 until the magazine discontinued in 2015, where the manga had compiled into 18 volumes. Nightow continued his manga in Jump SQ.Crown during the same year.

A TV anime adaptation by studio Bones, with direction from Rie Matsumoto (Kyousou Giga), was broadcast in Spring 2015. A second season was broadcast in Fall 2017 with Shigehito Takayanagi (Dagashi Kashi) as the director. Each season was simuldubbed by Funimation while Crunchyroll simulcast the season season.

Source: @HMV_Anime on Twitter

Kekkai Sensen & Beyond OVA on MAL
Modified by tsubasalover, Sep 30, 2018 9:27 PM

Feb 21, 2018 12:50 PM

Good news, more Kekkai Sensen is always welcomed.

Feb 21, 2018 12:51 PM

Yay, more Kekkai Sensen. Story about Zapp,double yay.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Feb 21, 2018 1:07 PM

I'm definitely ok with more Kekkai Sensen, so this is welcome news.
I'm no special story or anything. I'm just a manga that wants to be read, like you could find anywhere. But, if, for argument's sake, you were to adapt me into an anime series, it would certainly be....a tragedy.

-The Tokyo Ghoul/Tokyo Ghoul:re manga, if they could talk