Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 24, 2010 10:32 AM

Hey guys. It's been too long since I posted about the private beta. But due to problems with getting a server, and getting work done on it with college, it took a while.

But now I'm happy to announce the public beta phase of what is now called Mobile MAL

Anyone can access it now at http://mobilemal.com

Post any suggestions/bugs/comments here, and I'll make sure to read them all.

Enjoy

If anyone wants to donate towards server costs use this link (every little helps):
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=NYMWK9X5TR2HC
Modified by Popple3, Apr 5, 2010 6:51 PM

Mar 27, 2010 4:09 PM

Works good on my iPod touch =)
Thanks for the release.

Will you consider adding BlackBerry browser compatibility? There should be a considerable amount of people in MAL that have a 3G/WiFi capable BlackBerry.

Edit:
To Mods: Sorry for backseat moderating but I think this thread should be moved to 'Creative Corner'

Mar 27, 2010 4:31 PM

XColor said:
Thanks for the release.

Will you consider adding BlackBerry browser compatibility? There should be a considerable amount of people in MAL that have a 3G/WiFi capable BlackBerry.

Edit:
To Mods: Sorry for backseat moderating but I think this thread should be moved to 'Creative Corner'

No bother. Glad you like it =)

Adding BlackBerry support could be a problem. I have no device and don't know anyone with a BlackBerry

As for thread location, yeah, I was thinking that, but then thought creative corner was for more design-y type things. I'll let the mods decide that I guess.

Anyway, if you come across any bugs, or have any suggestions, feel free to post them here.

Mar 27, 2010 6:41 PM

I've been using this since beta and it helps with adding manga and anime. I suggest it to everyone until an official one decides to make itself known.

It would be really nice to have the forum and club feature ;) Even better if I had admin access....but i don't know how you would be able to give me that. Ha.

Mar 27, 2010 7:49 PM

Popple3 said:
XColor said:
Thanks for the release.

Edit:

No bother. Glad you like it =)

Adding BlackBerry support could be a problem. I have no device and don't know anyone with a BlackBerry

As for thread location, yeah, I was thinking that, but then thought creative corner was for more design-y type things. I'll let the mods decide that I guess.

Anyway, if you come across any bugs, or have any suggestions, feel free to post them here.

There's a BlackBerry Emulators in the BlackBerry website you can use.
Link

Mar 27, 2010 7:53 PM

Thank You.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Mar 27, 2010 8:03 PM

Hey! works nifty! And, umm, this is a "design-y type thing".

Apr 3, 2010 11:51 AM

@Aarana: I plan on adding in different sections of the page. The only problem is the lack of an API for those, so difficult tearing apart of HTML to get it to work.

@XColor: Downloading now. Will do my best.
EDIT: Actually... Have no idea which device to test it on... Can you suggest one?

@spupapi: Welcome :)

@datsunvi: I consider it more a code-y type thing, but yeah, both really.

Apr 3, 2010 3:58 PM

Probably the Bold (9000, 9700), Curve (83xx, 85xx, 89xx) and the Storm (95xx series) series of phones. The Pearl series (81xx and 82xx) are useless BBs.

That's probably too much for you to test ALL of those. You decide which models to choose.

Apr 4, 2010 1:30 PM

XColor said:
Probably the Bold (9000, 9700), Curve (83xx, 85xx, 89xx) and the Storm (95xx series) series of phones. The Pearl series (81xx and 82xx) are useless BBs.

That's probably too much for you to test ALL of those. You decide which models to choose.

Thanks. Well, I'd assume they all run the same browser engine, so hopefully testing in one should mean the others work too. I can test on one while developing, then try the rest after.

Apr 22, 2010 3:37 PM

It works like a charm, although a separate app would have been better.

Hats off to you!

Apr 22, 2010 4:19 PM

Awesome!!! Works great on my Droid!!!!!!

Apr 22, 2010 8:48 PM

Is really nice!, works excelent on my iPod Touch OS 3.1.3

Apr 23, 2010 9:56 AM
Wow this is what I've been looking for! Going to test it out right now!

Apr 24, 2010 12:50 PM

Impressive. :3

However, many of us have lengthy lists. So, when we touch/click to see our Manga List, for example, it pulls up the entire list (reading, completed, stalled, etc.). Scrolling can now be a painful project.

In conjunction to the above, perhaps putting the anime/manga in ABC order? ^-^

I'm sorry if I sound critical. I actually love the Mobile MAL. Verses viewing the MAL directly, it's less of a load on my iPod Touch. Simple, and usually exactly what I need when the computer's not around. Thanks bunches. <3

Apr 27, 2010 4:17 PM

It's a little basic at the moment, but it definitely works nicely.

It would be nice to browse the anime/manga databases without having to search. But generally, this is definitely a step in the right direction.

May 5, 2010 1:25 PM

Hello !

I have a problem, I can access to the website but I can't login in with my Iphone (OS 3.1.3)

Is it down ? Oo ?

thanks for this by the way ;)

May 9, 2010 7:07 PM

works great on my Nokia N97 latest Symbian OS thanks

May 21, 2010 7:46 PM

Thald said:
Hello !

I have a problem, I can access to the website but I can't login in with my Iphone (OS 3.1.3)

Is it down ? Oo ?

Same. :(

May 30, 2010 8:53 PM

Will there ever be a native app for the iPhone OS?

May 31, 2010 11:32 AM
Just got my nexus one.

I tried this, but I dislike it for two reasons:

1) I can't edit entries without having to go through an intermediate page (I wouldn't necessarily mind having to go to the detailed edit page - it's the info page in-between that I dislike)

2) It doesn't allow me to load up just my "currently watching" list, instead of my entire list.
Modified by AllenJB, May 31, 2010 12:08 PM

Jun 1, 2010 6:17 PM
Allows me to search for anime but more importantly, it allows me update my anime from my phone as I watch it. Using myanimelist.net via my phone (HTC/T-Mobile G1) was cumbersome; this new interface, while lacking features, and does require some hoops to be jumped through to edit an entry, does what I need it to. Thanks!

Jun 8, 2010 3:43 AM

Looks great on my HTC HEro, awesome. But i would rather like a lot more a native app for Android and iPhone OS, i would pay for that.

Jul 21, 2010 7:33 AM

This is great! I've been looking for something like this but I didn't know it existed until I searched the forums lol. Maybe a link at the top of the site somewhere would be good?

Also I agree with the user above. A native Android app would be awesome.

Aug 6, 2010 7:11 AM
Tsundere said:
This is great! I've been looking for something like this but I didn't know it existed until I searched the forums lol. Maybe a link at the top of the site somewhere would be good?

Also I agree with the user above. A native Android app would be awesome.

One is on the way
please read: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=252107

Sep 23, 2012 10:46 AM
sorry to bother you ,,
can you make it work on Blackberry *^*

thanks for your hard work

Sep 23, 2012 10:50 AM

Thald said:
Hello !

Is it down ? Oo ?

I agree, thanks a bunch! Sadly I am in the same situation. Blah!