Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 26, 2018 6:27 AM

Dec 2016
Tough first couple of days for the bestest of girls ever
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 26, 2018 1:10 PM

Feb 2011
Tacsk0 said:
KairosAevum said:
Exactly! We don't lewd this and Yuru Camp...

YC was already subject to ecchi/hentai/eroge on various japanese forums even before the anime started to color first cells. Usually it's about Shimarin doing nasty things to a sleeping Nadeshiko.

If it exist, there's the rule 34 of it. I can live with it. But we must protect the pureness that are theses shows. (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
Music is freedom
Feb 27, 2018 1:53 PM

Jul 2016
It was quite funny when the girls decided to go outside while the waves were raging. One of the few times, you'd enjoy getting soaked is on a trip like that. I never knew it was so enjoyable to have salt water all over your body.

Mar 1, 2018 3:12 AM

Nov 2012
AobaSuzukaze said:
It was quite funny when the girls decided to go outside while the waves were raging. One of the few times, you'd enjoy getting soaked is on a trip like that. I never knew it was so enjoyable to have salt water all over your body.

These girls make going outside the ship in bad weather look easy and invigorating. Me? I'd hang on for dear life and cower at the sight of the dark horizon beyond those waves.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Mar 1, 2018 6:31 AM

Jul 2016
Jaeger07 said:
AobaSuzukaze said:

These girls make going outside the ship in bad weather look easy and invigorating. Me? I'd hang on for dear life and cower at the sight of the dark horizon beyond those waves.

Same here. No way would I be so carefree with the bad whether outside. I guess they have more guts than we do. although it may just be the "crazy" gene.

Mar 1, 2018 6:43 AM

Nov 2012
AobaSuzukaze said:
Jaeger07 said:

Same here. No way would I be so carefree with the bad whether outside. I guess they have more guts than we do. although it may just be the "crazy" gene.

Nah, just a healthy dose of S E I S H U N. Too healthy in this case.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Mar 1, 2018 3:00 PM

Oct 2012
Puking all the way I guess. Not a bad episode, it was actually good they showed it's not all butterflies and rainbows. Although what they did in the end coming out of their rooms during the storm, that was especially careless and dangerous. Sometimes I think those girls really have no sense of self-preservation.

So it seems they will finally get there in there in the end. And some flowers for deceased, judging by preview.
Mar 2, 2018 9:08 PM

Apr 2015
I'm lucky on seasickness...I'm literally never seasick
Girls were pretty this week, insert song and sensual bgm existed but was thankfully minimal compared to previous, one of the better weeks

KairosAevum said:
Tacsk0 said:

YC was already subject to ecchi/hentai/eroge on various japanese forums even before the anime started to color first cells. Usually it's about Shimarin doing nasty things to a sleeping Nadeshiko.

If it exist, there's the rule 34 of it. I can live with it. But we must protect the pureness that are theses shows. (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Sadly(?) Inuko is one of the most lewded characters I've ever seen, proportionally.

Mar 3, 2018 3:14 PM

Feb 2013
Cute girls doing cute throwing-up-on-a-boat.

Mar 3, 2018 8:46 PM

Sep 2011
The art and sound direction in this episode were spectacular.
Mar 4, 2018 3:04 PM

May 2017
It really seems like each new episode is the new best in the series. I think I'm starting to like this show more than Darling in the Franxx. Also the soundtrack to this show is great. That 'One Step' song is fantastic.
Mar 7, 2018 2:04 AM

Mar 2009
Tacsk0 said:
KairosAevum said:
Exactly! We don't lewd this and Yuru Camp...

I mean, this show has Hinata and all the hot older women, and Yuru Camp has Nadeshiko's gorgeous onee-san. Can't see how these shows wouldn't have lewd stuff out there.
Mar 16, 2018 11:41 AM

Jul 2009
Hahaha, they had a hard time trying to deal with the seasickness
Mar 31, 2018 3:20 PM

Sep 2011
I can't take this anime seriously anymore... This is why you don't let random school girls go on an expedition like this without at least some kind of training :/
Also, that door opening part was so reckless that I wished one of them would fall out into the waves just to teach them a good lesson :'D I know, that's mean, but I'm really having a hard time immersing myself in this show like this.
Apr 3, 2018 5:03 PM
Jul 2017
Lelouch0202 said:

"No Clouds, No Birds, The view is a single sheet of blue. I strain my eyes, but the horizon is all I can see. I know I was probably hearing the sounds of the boat, but that overwhelming scenery seemed to render everything silent. I was looking out on an infinite world reminiscent of outer space."
Truly beautiful descriptions that really bring out the feeling of adventure. <3

Kimari's original Japanese version was even more poetic, although the English translation got most of it, there can be improved a bit:

雲もなく鳥の姿もなく視界全てが一面の青、どんなに目を凝らしても見渡す限りの水平線。確かに船の音は聞こえているはずなのに、その圧倒的な景色が音を消していた。そこにあるのは宇宙を思わせる無音の世界

Instead of "I know I was probably hearing the sounds of the boat, but that overwhelming scenery seemed to render everything silent",

In my opinion, it is more accurate to translate it into:

"Sure, the sound on the ship should be audible, but this overwhelming scenery has just silenced it".

And the last sentence can be improved in accuracy:

"That out there is a soundless world reminiscent of outer space."

With Minase Inori voicing this whole monolog in front of the beautiful insert song "One step" and the blue landscape, this cut scene is without doubt one of the most breathtaking moments of the series. Ms Minase's tone and rhythm just nailed it: Kimari was in awe of the beauty she saw. And all the seasickness was worth it!
dgg32Apr 3, 2018 5:19 PM
Apr 9, 2018 2:01 AM

Apr 2011
I got lots of laughs during this episode.
Apr 19, 2018 5:43 PM

May 2017
These girls need some adult supervision yo, going out when the waves were like that - could have been the premature end of the series..

Having spent a lengthy time at sea in the past I'm staggered by how true to life this all is. The attention to detail is nothing short of remarkable, it brought back some very special memories.

Destination is now in sight, bring on the next ep!
Apr 20, 2018 10:29 PM

Nov 2016
What a great episode! There were lots of really cute and really funny moments. Now that Antarctica is finally in sight, I have to say I like that a majority of the series has been the girls getting to Antarctica rather than being in Antarctica. The journey is given more focus than the destination, which reflects reality.
Apr 27, 2018 2:47 PM

Jan 2013
Surprisingly adapted quickly.
May 6, 2018 1:30 AM

Jan 2018
What the hell were they thinking?! Not even the most experienced adults would step outside like that. No life jackets, no rope to tie themselves to the ship. This ain't One Piece! They could have died!

May 9, 2018 5:09 PM

May 2017
Hmm so they finally arrived.

I pretty much lost my interest in this show though.. Not because it's bad in any way.. quite the opposite i think this anime is pretty good. The problem is just that it's not my cup of tea at all. I didn't know what i was expecting, this anime is pretty much exactly how i imagined it to be.. well taste is a bitch.
May 13, 2018 4:45 AM
Jun 2016
Best episode yet. I relate with the seasickness part. This show shines way more when its more comical but I guess the creators really do want to show the beauty in this show, the scenery is just wow.
Aug 9, 2018 9:11 PM

May 2012
Super lovely episode, just loved that night scene with those waves! Really looking forwards to see what's next.
Dec 12, 2018 6:58 AM

Oct 2013
this episode gave me some hardcore secondhand nausea, yeezus.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 1, 2019 10:06 PM
Apr 2018
Thanks for the seasickness... Thank god I had already finished dinner.

The night scene was scary. Imagine if the producers had decided to screw us over and throw one of them at the ocean.

Also, Mari's haircut was bodied. GG
Jan 3, 2019 7:51 PM

May 2017
This was such a good one. I was immediately in love w this show by the first episode. And it keeps getting better. I loved seeing them roll around with the waves, and honestly, I think I would love that lol and I wonder if I would really get seasick like that?
Loving this show
Jan 10, 2019 4:32 PM

Jun 2015
Oh man can’t wait to see them in Antarctica
Apr 25, 2019 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
I can't stop laughing at this episode. It's been awhile since I laughed like that.

This show is definitely a masterpiece! I'm glad I started watching the series.
May 5, 2019 2:44 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, wtf were they doing on the deck in that huge storm??
These girls are braindead.
Sep 22, 2019 4:38 AM

Mar 2015
Considering life on a boat is a big part of my job, this was hilariously relevant!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 28, 2019 6:28 PM

Feb 2017
It's pretty dumb that the cooking crew didn't bring peelers. Unless they are really trying to give the girls an authentic shipslave education with the potato peeling by knife cliche.
Dec 3, 2019 2:00 AM

Oct 2012
Huh? Really? It's normal for women to have no eyebrows?

Lol the boat struggle

Getting out in the middle of storm, didn't seem like the best idea
But it worked for them somehow xD
"Signature removed"
Jan 17, 2020 9:15 PM

Jun 2009
pretty cool episode, and probably my favourite so far. liked how they brought up the roaring forties, furious fifties and screaming sixties. would have liked to see some more interaction with the weather created by them though, either from the girls or the crew, a lot of stuff is very glossed over in this show. pretty dumb of the girls to go outside without supervision or any kind of harness in that weather.

the sea sickness scenes were great.
Feb 15, 2020 4:18 AM

Apr 2013
Going outside when there is such a huge storm and waves seems like a really bad idea in reality lol. I think I liked the episodes before they entered the ship better.
Jul 14, 2020 9:19 AM

Feb 2019
Another amazing episode.

Rin sneezing as Kimari blamed her for not bringing a potato peeler was hilarious lol

Well, of course it wasn't going to be smooth sailing. They had a really rough time with seasickness. Can't even imagine how it feels. But how they pulled through was so awesome and inspiring! This show really doesn't hold back with the insert songs. They're consistently good and played at the right moments, and the sound of it always makes you wanna run and jump for your dreams just like these girls do. Even though they were getting hit by gigantic waves, they were having the time of their lives.

And then they saw the first icebergs! They're reaching Antartica, finally!

That post-credits scene though... something for Shirase's mother? The feels will definitely hit..
Jul 15, 2020 4:11 PM

Aug 2019
another amazing episode
Jul 24, 2020 2:51 AM

Nov 2011
Best episode, a lot of edutainment which i really love, adaptation to sea life is tough but worth it when you get used to it.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 28, 2020 5:17 AM
Apr 2019
hm,so I had thought that Shirase had actually taken some precautions,but looks like she only saved money and forgot everything.Whoah !
Sea sickness is a common thing for the first timers .
anyway they saw iceberg for the first time,guess it would be an emotionally impactful scene for Shirase,I mean she even cried when saw penguins ,but again she forgot to train herself .
Dec 20, 2020 11:14 AM

May 2016
Another outstanding episode, the girls all being sea sick was kinda weird but whatever it was cute xD.

and what was that ending!
Dec 29, 2020 12:35 PM

Aug 2018
Well, physical activities suck.. As well as sea sickness..
Jan 6, 2021 12:05 PM
Jun 2020
For me, it was the best episode so far. I really loved the scene that the girls went out and a wave came. Also, I cried. I felt something...

May 11, 2021 3:06 PM

Apr 2018
I got a damn heartattack when they went outside. That was scary..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 12, 2021 2:36 PM

Feb 2019
Icebergs!!!

Fun episode and sea sickness.
The girls are very strong to overcome it, and even open the door to see the raging waves.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 25, 2021 11:15 AM

Jan 2016
Only in anime will you ever see people going out on the deck in conditions like that and surviving/ not getting wiped out by the waves.
Dec 6, 2021 7:56 AM

Oct 2019

fremantle harbour in light
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2021 8:04 AM

Oct 2019

and the fremantle south mole lighthouse. picture perfect.

wouldnt be surprised if this is the only anime that shows perth in a spotlight; i was honestly just planning to watch this since it was ranked pretty high, but i had no idea it would feature fremantle, the heart of my state to be a key part of the journey.

thanks madman, the amount of respect youve given to my home leaves me in awe.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2022 11:18 AM
Jan 2022
When the people on the ship go for exercise, why are they running in clockwise/counter-clockwise every other day? Does it have something to do with the stability of the ship?

P.S. I know this question isn't relevant to the story but it's been bugging me ever since I watched the episode.
May 19, 2022 11:57 AM
Nov 2020
This anime makes me want to go to antartica too!! I want this type of adventure lol
Jun 4, 2022 7:23 AM

Feb 2020
This episode made me feel sick. Poor girls. Well, I'm glad they are okay now.

Nice. They are very close to Antarctica now. :)
Jun 25, 2022 1:05 PM
Jan 2018
Loving it so far , I have a feeling there’s going to be drama concerning the mother but I guess it’s kinda been set up since the start
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

383 by hhnnoovvaa »»
Apr 1, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2018

399 by ReyanshManta »»
Mar 29, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2018

165 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Feb 25, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2017

305 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Feb 13, 4:12 PM

» Am i the only one who dropped this after 4 episodes?

Damazien - Jul 28, 2020

20 by MathMols »»
Feb 3, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.