Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Sora wa Akai Kawa no Hotori' Gets New One-Shot Chapter

New
Feb 20, 2018 3:44 AM

Nov 2007
This year's 6th issue of Sho-Comi released a new one-shot chapter for Chie Shinohara's Sora wa Akai Kawa no Hotori manga on Tuesday. The one-shot commemorates both the 50th anniversary of the magazine and the 16th year since the manga ended.

The chapter features another story connects to the fifth volume and centers around Prince Zannanza, one who regards Kail as his full-brother, and his journey on marrying his betrothed Ankhesenamen, the Queen of Egypt.

Sora wa Akai Kawa no Hotori was serialized in the bimonthly Sho-Comi magazine from 1995 to 2002. Shogakukan published the manga in 28 manga volumes, which have a cumulative 16 million copies in print. The manga has spawned eight drama CD adaptations between 1997 to 2003 and five novels penned by Shinohara published between 2007 to 2010.

VIZ Media published the manga in English as Red River from 2004 to 2010. A live-action stage adaptation based on the manga will take place from March 16 to May 11.

Sora wa Akai Kawa no Hotori won the 46th Shogakukan Manga Awards under the Shoujo category in 2003.

Source: Comic Natalie
VindstotDec 24, 2023 1:17 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 20, 2018 4:20 AM

Jul 2009
Holy moly, this is unexpected. I loved the manga, can't wait for the translation. Although I'd be more interested in Ramses side-story, but this is better than nothing.
Feb 20, 2018 3:29 PM

Oct 2008
This is my #1 favorite manga series! It is incredible and truly a masterpiece! I'm so excited for this!!

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
6 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
7 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.