Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 20, 2018 2:08 PM

May 2015
szympus11 said:
Roy_Focker said:
MC definitely likes mature women... ^_^

Who doesn't ;) i understand him.
My brother, let's toast! XD
Feb 20, 2018 2:15 PM

Oct 2010
"I like you too, Yaichi-kun. But sorry, you're only second in my heart."

The first? "Of course... that's Shogi!"

Feb 20, 2018 2:44 PM
Jan 2016
Finally i found a great episode again!
Feb 20, 2018 6:12 PM
Jul 2016
Do anyone know the name of the song and artist at the end of episode 7
Feb 20, 2018 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
This was actually a solid episode and the best one so far.
Feb 20, 2018 9:58 PM
Jan 2018
Draconix814 said:
I thought people said that the drama in March comes in like a Lion was autistic? I love 3-gatsu, but if anything is autistic, then it's this episode right here. What was even the point of this fucking episode?!

Drama in this episode: Annoying as hell because they kept beating us over the head with it, pointless/ lacked thematic depth or any logic for that matter, didn't make sense in context with the episode (making it feel like a long-ass tangent before we realized that the episode was already over), and just plain melodramatic. I'm not sure if I'm being redundant, but if I am, then that's how it felt to me this episode, having the same illogical idea being spit in my face by a lolicon.

The only thing I got out of this episode was that the Ryou is another Jesus-kun rip-off, who is apparently from another dimension or planet or something, and can bend the rules of shogi because he is such a genius at it the game. If that was the case, then why the hell did he have a problem with the gay dude last episode!!!!!! This author is so fucking superficial, it's disgusting.
I've already broken down how lazy and half-assed Yaichi was written in previous episode discussions, but I swear, this... Did no one learn from the mistakes that SAO made?

The only other thing I got out of it was that apparently, Yaichi may be into older women- though that doesn't disprove anything about his previously implied sexual proclivities.

I don't even care about Keika(?). She appeared only a few times throughout the show, never gave us any memorable dialogue, and her ark this episode was so forced that I wanted to throw up. They didn't even wrap it up right- if the author wanted to create a meaningful character ark for her (even if the rest of it would still be flawed), then she should have won against Ai, instead of admitting defeat. Sure, she says that she will try again next time, but that's not even the point- she wants to be a female professional. Even if she was on the brink of losing- and she clearly wasn't thanks to how the match unfolded in the comments made by Yaichi, Ginko, Ai, and Keika herself, she should have scrambled her entire head to defeat this 9-year old girl that shouldn't have enough experience yet no matter how talented she is. Experience trumps talent, but instead, this episode seems to say the opposite upsidedown- that you should pity those that don't have talent, but hope they get better if they keep trying? You see how the logic circled in on itself? This is what happens when you half-ass an emotional ark.

This episode was the worst episode thus far.

Absolute bullshit.

1/5.

I can't believe there's no one else calling this series out for its bullcrap- not that I can blame them because they probably already dropped the show by now, or they aren't even bothering to participate with the discussions.

Do you enjoy watching this show and why you keep watching it?
Feb 21, 2018 1:37 AM

Sep 2017
Keika-chan is adorable as hell. Even both little Keika-chan and adult Keika-chan are great. I am rooting for her from the bottom of my heart.

I certainly hope that Keika-chan becomes a great shogi player. I can empathize with her trying to achieve mastery in a game at an old age, considering that I am trying to do the same. She is a great inspiration to me.

This has been a phenomenal episode, where they developed greatly on her character and the character of Ginko-chan. I was a little happy when Yashashin got beaten by her and Ai-chan had to give a battle till the very end.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 21, 2018 4:36 AM

Feb 2011
Ugh this episode was so cheesy
Feb 21, 2018 5:09 AM

Sep 2015
SoroAruga said:
Do you enjoy watching this show and why you keep watching it?

I suppose I am merely educating myself at this point. I am learning how a show with great potential (and high praise) can screw itself over before it can become something bigger. It's worth it, I suppose.
Feb 21, 2018 7:58 AM
Feb 2018
This episode was great, the best episode so far...

Tell me who cried here except me? If I cried here, I wonder how much feels will be in finale. (Sorry for my English, I'm still learning)
Feb 21, 2018 3:38 PM

Jun 2017
Best episode so far imo
Yaichi x Keika, HERE WE GOOO
Feb 21, 2018 6:02 PM
Nov 2012
Draconix814 said:
I thought people said that the drama in March comes in like a Lion was autistic? I love 3-gatsu, but if anything is autistic, then it's this episode right here. What was even the point of this fucking episode?!

Drama in this episode: Annoying as hell because they kept beating us over the head with it, pointless/ lacked thematic depth or any logic for that matter, didn't make sense in context with the episode (making it feel like a long-ass tangent before we realized that the episode was already over), and just plain melodramatic. I'm not sure if I'm being redundant, but if I am, then that's how it felt to me this episode, having the same illogical idea being spit in my face by a lolicon.

The only thing I got out of this episode was that the Ryou is another Jesus-kun rip-off, who is apparently from another dimension or planet or something, and can bend the rules of shogi because he is such a genius at it the game. If that was the case, then why the hell did he have a problem with the gay dude last episode!!!!!! This author is so fucking superficial, it's disgusting.
I've already broken down how lazy and half-assed Yaichi was written in previous episode discussions, but I swear, this... Did no one learn from the mistakes that SAO made?

The only other thing I got out of it was that apparently, Yaichi may be into older women- though that doesn't disprove anything about his previously implied sexual proclivities.

I don't even care about Keika(?). She appeared only a few times throughout the show, never gave us any memorable dialogue, and her ark this episode was so forced that I wanted to throw up. They didn't even wrap it up right- if the author wanted to create a meaningful character ark for her (even if the rest of it would still be flawed), then she should have won against Ai, instead of admitting defeat. Sure, she says that she will try again next time, but that's not even the point- she wants to be a female professional. Even if she was on the brink of losing- and she clearly wasn't thanks to how the match unfolded in the comments made by Yaichi, Ginko, Ai, and Keika herself, she should have scrambled her entire head to defeat this 9-year old girl that shouldn't have enough experience yet no matter how talented she is. Experience trumps talent, but instead, this episode seems to say the opposite upsidedown- that you should pity those that don't have talent, but hope they get better if they keep trying? You see how the logic circled in on itself? This is what happens when you half-ass an emotional ark.

This episode was the worst episode thus far.

Absolute bullshit.

1/5.

I can't believe there's no one else calling this series out for its bullcrap- not that I can blame them because they probably already dropped the show by now, or they aren't even bothering to participate with the discussions.

1, Never use "autistic" when you are trying to make a point if you want to be taken seriously.
2. Ryuuou is 1 of 2 highest title of shogi, MC is basically Lebron. Him making a come back isn't exactly unexpected, even though the way they depicted it is weird
3. If Keika won just because she is determined. like you suggest, that would be a much bigger arsepull. The whole point is that she tried, still failed, but is not giving up, which would set up for her future arc
4, At highest level of competition, talent always trumps experience. Would you expect some journeyman player be able to match up against Lebron during his rookie year?

The rest of your points are just your preference which I have no comment on.
Feb 21, 2018 6:56 PM

Feb 2015
Ohhh well, I'm happy that she now love Shoji. Meh, too late but still. I enjoyed her perseverance that she displayed.

Well, quite wtf moments to Ai too, but well, I'll ignore that cringe.

rejection scene 10/10

Feb 21, 2018 9:03 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
One of the better episodes in the show, really enjoyed seeing Keika in this episode. Good she was able to reconnect with her love for shogi. Maybe joining other parts of the shogi world can give her a better vision on the game that could help her improve.
The ending was pretty sweet. It's like a big load was lifted off Keika's shoulders and now she can smile to her hearts content like an angel.

That tease at the end was pretty sweet. Keika smile <3

Feb 21, 2018 11:57 PM

Jun 2015
The best episode of this series so far. Great character development XD

5/5
Feb 22, 2018 8:19 PM

Feb 2018
this episode is more on playing shogi than being a lolicon...the first episode of being serious for once...5/5
Feb 23, 2018 8:29 AM

Jul 2012
Woo!! Its midnight here and I cant sleep because of this episode, ive been waiting for keika's screen time. It did not disappoint me.
She got a sweet and dedicated character, finally made her decision and broke the wall. The best part was the confession at the end, I can say she was serious even though she made it look like a joke. 10/10
Feb 24, 2018 7:13 AM

Sep 2008
Great episode. Always happy to see Red Ai lose.
Feb 24, 2018 9:50 AM
Mar 2012
Finally Yaichi wins against creep, both shogi aliens eh?
Tsun Ai wrecked gj.
Keika much suffering & feels, but there's some growth in shogi resolve, really like the letter to future self cute idea, and confession! It's really ok to enjoy something one's bad at, and possible to improve given the right training.

Feb 25, 2018 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
One of the best episodes that leaves, once again, to presage the potential that this anime has. Perhaps the narrative is a bit smoky at first, when Keika and Ginko are the protagonists of the scene, but the rest of the episode is really interesting and intense in the narrative.
Feb 26, 2018 12:08 AM

Nov 2009
WELP

There goes the Loli route.

Keika just confessed to MC and he accepted and said he loves her too.

The only thing standing in the way is shogi, which is still technically a sport.

This means Keika by default can get married to MC and still play Shogo regardless.

And all this means is... the Loli route is eliminated and all shipping destroyed.

Not really complaining tho, Keika is kinda hawt and cute at the same time...

___ ___ ___

If only I was talented in some sort of Sport too, even eSport... then maybe I could get some Lolis and Hawt chicks. (instead of here writing this all alone at 3am at night...)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 28, 2018 5:29 AM

May 2009
The only thing I got out of this episode was that the Ryou is another Jesus-kun rip-off, who is apparently from another dimension or planet or something, and can bend the rules of shogi because he is such a genius at it the game.

Sounds like a good statement to discredit your opinion.
Mar 12, 2018 9:14 AM
Aug 2015
I was hoping that Keika would win agnst Ai
And I can't believe that Keika rejected him he obviously want's to marry her
Apr 7, 2018 2:53 AM

Jan 2016
The ending?? Is it a reverse friendzone? wtf was that?
Apr 26, 2018 9:58 PM
Jul 2015
I'm very glad Keika lost. I was going to be pissed if the 26 year-old Shogi failure managed to beat a veritable prodigy. Also, how dare she make the lolis cry...

Keika made this episode a pain to watch because her character is so detestable.
Aug 9, 2018 9:21 PM

May 2012
Great focus shift episode, it's a bit of a shame that she didn't make it... but still lovely progression in general!

That ending though :p Looking forwards to see what's next.
Nov 1, 2018 4:02 AM

Jul 2016
Finally Yaichi and the OG Ai are winning.
Aug 19, 2020 6:31 AM
Dec 2016
Omg I thought Keika really going to quit shogi when she loses the match. What a nice thing, she will keep trying her best.

YES!!! Take a responsibility for her KUZUryuu. Definitely shipping them, KeikaxYaichi.
Nov 24, 2020 7:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really good and interesting development for Keika in this episode, probably my fav one so far
Dec 3, 2020 9:38 PM

Feb 2018
Milf route is the best, sad.... No 1. Shogi No 2. You
May 15, 2021 10:27 AM

Aug 2018
Well.. Keika's story is also important, to be honest.. I don't really know why she isn't among mains of the show.. Yeah, maybe later in light novel she becomes less important or something.. But this exact season she is among mains, I'd say.. At least, if they have Ginko up there - Keika this season has much more important story than Ginko.. At least what we've seen so far.. Ginko almost doesn't get screen time so far, to be honest.. I'd like for Ginko to get more screen time, though, if anything..
And just as I say Ginko needs more screen time, she gets it as well taking the teacher role for Keika..
Well.. That's one possible way.. To not necessary be shougi player.. But still work in industry.. Fighto, Keika! Good luck to you, I hope for the best! Hope that you'll be able to enjoy your work in shougi, which you love!
Or she's not quiting as player?.. I'm not too sure.. Well, we'll see either way.. She'll be following and living shougi life in either way.. ;P
Aug 2, 2021 9:26 AM

Jun 2020
This time this episode focused on Keika and her way to become pro, Yaichi looks like he outclassed his opponents and Ginko was surely anticipating this

Keika really had her hopes up when she was just still a child and up till now, Time to play a match against the two Ai's, Yashajin Ai still looking quite confident with her abilities but ended up losing meanwhile the main Ai was about to lose her strength but still came out to be the victor

I'm glad Ginko and Keika are close with each other and supporting her as well, Now it's time for her to continue her journey, Was that Ginko in a maid outfit I'm fucking sold.
Dec 3, 2021 2:13 PM

Nov 2013
I can't care less about the dude so i was really glad to see full Keika-centered episode. She is such a babe.
Red Ai told shit about ma girl Keika!!! Well, fuck her too. I'd throw little shit outta fuckin' window for this.
Jun 15, 2022 12:46 PM

Jan 2020
The Keika episode. I really wish she was in some other show; 3-Gatsu no Lion, Chihayafuru, Shion no Ou, Hikaru no Go... basically any other board game series that didn't push a loli fetish. Keika is clearly best girl.

I was hoping she'd beat both the Ais, but at least she beat the uppity one.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 10, 2022 10:00 PM

Jul 2019
Keika-san is great! I hope she'll grow some more. Also nice seeing Ginko not acting rude.
Jun 10, 2023 11:26 PM

Feb 2019
of course shogi comes first in her heart lol
Nov 2, 2023 12:23 PM

Dec 2022
Another brilliant episode, with unpredictable matches and extensive provision of introspective depth for Keika. The conversations and interactions during the shogi matches are top of the line.

Keika losing did make her dreams of becoming a professional even more of a pipe dream, but she's taking it respectably well, despite how crushing it must be.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 16, 2023 6:57 PM

Nov 2023
what a good and emotional episode but not for me I didn't cry I'm only wat ching this for the lolis not for the boring ahh plot
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

94 by basspig »»
Feb 27, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

112 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

68 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

104 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

65 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.