Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 19, 2018 3:14 AM

Aug 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Okay that does make sense..
Well here we go the final boss.
Feb 19, 2018 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
So that's Rize now...

I wonder how powerful she is in her current state?
Feb 19, 2018 8:24 AM

Oct 2013
Man, I just love Tokyo Ghoul!
This was so unpredictable!
Also, Ken is not dead, we've been through NDE many times and it would be very dumb of Ishida to kill him right now
Feb 19, 2018 8:33 AM

Aug 2016
Whoa there so Rize was Dragon all along huh?

So did that thing Kaneki tranformed into rebirth her or something like that? I remember Furuta saying something about Kagune being capable of creating life or something along those lines...

Also, damn what did that thing do to Saiko, looks like something happened to her eye.
GreeenSpongeFeb 19, 2018 8:36 AM
Feb 19, 2018 8:42 AM

Jan 2018
Kaneki isn't dead....(please Ishida)
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Feb 19, 2018 8:47 AM

Jul 2015
Wow such a huge plot twist.

So Rize was the Dragon originally.

I think this signifies Kaneki met the real Rize inside the Dragon.Man I love Tokyo Ghoul series because of this things.

Feb 19, 2018 8:58 AM
Nov 2017
So, how the hell Furuta survived Kaneki's attack at the beginning of all this, cause it definitely looked like he was hit directly. If he was there was zero chance that he would survive, and it doesn't make sense he wasn't cause he was directly in the way. So what the hell Ishida?
Feb 19, 2018 9:01 AM

Oct 2016
that was so damn intense! and the deja vu!! oh god that was so amazing i almost cried. i really, really hope Kaneki won't die. it just won't be good without him at all but even if he survives i don't want him to die due to aging i mean come on ishida! he gotta see his son grow up and experience happiness. i like tragedies but this is just too much for my own good.
Feb 19, 2018 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
Wait, what? How the hell is Furuta still alive? More importantly, what in the name of God is that "Rize" ? Shouldn't her be dead since Furuta was using her to mass produce the Oggai? Did Kaneki really create her from his Dragon kagune? I don't know what's going in in this manga anymore...

Ishida might as well bring Eto and old man Yoshimura back at this point and it would be fair game since we never got a confirmation of their death, just like with Furuta and Rize.

Also, something definitely happened to Saiko when that thing exploded in her face, she got a second kakugan out of nowhere when she should have only one. So Kaneki's Dragon form was not only capable of creating life but also awakening ghouls or something like that.
removed-userFeb 19, 2018 9:15 AM
Feb 19, 2018 9:18 AM

Jul 2015
Humans are turning into Ghouls.That man crying was the evidence of it.

Feb 19, 2018 9:38 AM

Jan 2018
The man lying in the bed is the same guy who was in the chapter 145.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Feb 19, 2018 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
https://readms.net/r/tokyo_ghoulre/101/3797/6

Furuta literally told us his entire plan back in 101. "You aren't the one I was aiming for". He wasn't just talking about dropping those steal beams, but the whole Dragon ordeal. He wasn't aiming for Kaneki, but for Rize. Ishida is God, especially when it comes to foreshadowing.

But yeah, great chapter; so much happened. It was strangely satisfying to see Furuta again after a while, the absolute madman. Such a good, compelling villain. And Kaneki isn't dead, not after we've just spent 3 chapters inside his head and finally started to see him progress.

For anyone confused, here's a good comment which explains what happened in this chapter:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TokyoGhoul/comments/7ynlyn/tokyo_ghoulre_chapter_161_links_and_discussion/duhxbrt/
Feb 19, 2018 9:57 AM
Jun 2017
GreeenSponge said:

So did that thing Kaneki tranformed into rebirth her or something like that? I remember Furuta saying something about Kagune being capable of creating life or something along those lines...

Also, damn what did that thing do to Saiko, looks like something happened to her eye.
Im not entirely sure but i believe he placed her in there after Kaneki transformed and that allowed her to be healed fully or something along those lines? Just my theory, someone who puts more effort to all the tiny details probably has a more preciese answer doe.
Feb 19, 2018 10:18 AM

Oct 2015
Kaneki is not dead people we have been through this allready. They are just going to throw him into amons tank at the ccg lab in the next chapter.

Vivekananda said:

The guy on the bed was the same guy sleeping next to someone in 145 looks like he ate them.

Good to see the Qs and Touka working together, Urie is best boy.

So Furuta pulled a Aizen again (im actually not surprised).

This final arc is going to be weird with people turning into ghouls and saiko as a full ghoul.

Feb 19, 2018 10:19 AM

Oct 2017
I hope Kaneki won’t die, not after the rize and Kaneki conversation that we had.
So some humans are tuning into ghouls huh? Interesting. I seriously hope rize kills furuta at some point
Feb 19, 2018 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
Cyborg_Dragon said:
Kaneki is not dead people we have been through this allready. They are just going to throw him into amons tank at the ccg lab in the next chapter.

Vivekananda said:

The guy on the bed was the same guy sleeping next to someone in 145 looks like he ate them.

Good to see the Qs and Touka working together, Urie is best boy.

So Furuta pulled a Aizen again (im actually not surprised).

This final arc is going to be weird with people turning into ghouls and saiko as a full ghoul.

Yeah.Saiko's eye turning black signifies that she is turning into Ghoul.

Maybe the inhabitants in the deep 24th ward were originally humans but turned itl Ghouls by the original Oek.

Feb 19, 2018 10:31 AM

Aug 2016
Nallieheai said:
GreeenSponge said:

Im not entirely sure but i believe he placed her in there after Kaneki transformed and that allowed her to be healed fully or something along those lines? Just my theory, someone who puts more effort to all the tiny details probably has a more preciese answer doe.

Yeah sounds like a reasonable theory, I guess we'll see more about this whole thing in upcoming chapters
Feb 19, 2018 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
fullmetal-ghoul said:

Furuta literally told us his entire plan back in 101. "You aren't the one I was aiming for". He wasn't just talking about dropping those steal beams, but the whole Dragon ordeal. He wasn't aiming for Kaneki, but for Rize. Ishida is God, especially when it comes to foreshadowing.

But yeah, great chapter; so much happened. It was strangely satisfying to see Furuta again after a while, the absolute madman. Such a good, compelling villain. And Kaneki isn't dead, not after we've just spent 3 chapters inside his head and finally started to see him progress.

For anyone confused, here's a good comment which explains what happened in this chapter:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TokyoGhoul/comments/7ynlyn/tokyo_ghoulre_chapter_161_links_and_discussion/duhxbrt/

Still doesn't explain how Furuta was able to survive Kaneki's transformation. I know he's pretty strong since he was able to one-shot Eto back then, but just how strong is he?
Feb 19, 2018 10:46 AM

May 2016
Damn now that was intese as the amazon jungles 5/5
Feb 19, 2018 10:48 AM

Dec 2012
Help, remind me what happened with Ayato in the underground city? Is he coming up?

I remember he encountered native there with strange dialect. And the native afraid to be eaten and they thought they are human while "Naga (dragon)" destroyed the city (underground).

So, Dragon Kaneki is 2nd dragon in history, forced human to turn into ghoul :/

And about Rize, still a mystery, next chapter I hope its explained.
Feb 19, 2018 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
Not_Important said:
fullmetal-ghoul said:

Still doesn't explain how Furuta was able to survive Kaneki's transformation. I know he's pretty strong since he was able to one-shot Eto back then, but just how strong is he?

Is this when Kaneki became dragon in 144? The answer to that is quite simple, he has good regenerative abilities. Other characters have surived much worse.
Feb 19, 2018 11:13 AM

Mar 2014
So that's what he was aiming for !!

The final showdown is going to be awesome
Feb 19, 2018 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
fullmetal-ghoul said:

Is this when Kaneki became dragon in 144? The answer to that is quite simple, he has good regenerative abilities. Other characters have surived much worse.

Eh, I don't buy it. I just read chapter 144 again and it's clear that Furuta let Kaneki Dragon form eat him. One thing is surviving grievous wounds, but surviving being eaten by Dragon Kaneki is just ridiculous.

As it stands, Furuta is an All-Knowing All-Powerful Crazy-Prepared villain and to me anything involving him feels incredibly cheap.
Feb 19, 2018 12:07 PM

Jun 2011
People keep forgetting shit:
1. Furuta survived in the chapter where Ui is redeemed. Mentions some shit about One Eyed Ghoul of the Washuu giving birth to life.
2. Ayato got out from 24th ward, like 10 weeks ago and had Q&A session with Kimi.
Feb 19, 2018 12:19 PM

Jul 2015
Lol also Kaneki has been reduced to much more insignificant forms and still survived by regeneration. It's not the least bit weird or anything for Furuta.
Feb 19, 2018 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
Not_Important said:
fullmetal-ghoul said:

Eh, I don't buy it. I just read chapter 144 again and it's clear that Furuta let Kaneki Dragon form eat him. One thing is surviving grievous wounds, but surviving being eaten by Dragon Kaneki is just ridiculous.

As it stands, Furuta is an All-Knowing All-Powerful Crazy-Prepared villain and to me anything involving him feels incredibly cheap.

It looked more like to me he was just hit by Kaneki when he was in the process of becoming Dragon. It was ambiguous at the very least. Besides we already saw Furuta after that in 146, so it would've been a more appropriate time to complain then.
Feb 19, 2018 12:44 PM
Feb 2018
I wonder if Rize will go along with Furuta's plans? Will she even have a choice? I doubt it.
Feb 19, 2018 12:47 PM

Apr 2016
.... Let's see what else Furuta will do... I'm speechless regarding Rize.

It's great to see the Quinx Squad rescue Haise.

I'm still waiting to see you in action, Hide!
Feb 19, 2018 1:25 PM

Oct 2015
Not_Gabe said:
I wonder if Rize will go along with Furuta's plans? Will she even have a choice? I doubt it.

Its probably not rize but some new being that might obey Furuta or just be non descrimative.
Feb 19, 2018 1:52 PM

Jun 2010
Wow...

Given all the talk about bringing back the dead and creating new life and his seeming obsession with Rise, coupled with the man writing this.. I think people might be jumping the gun on the "final boss/battle" thing. It would be perfectly in line with what we've seen so far (major off screen fights etc) for Furuta's true full plan to be as simple as he stated before, with the mother of all "trolls" (to the grim darks, edgelords and those not paying attention), in this ending with just taking out the dragon once Furuta's "done" with it. Remember, the last one was taken out by it's own people.. that was still never explained.. It could very well be that once it's "driver" is out, it becomes a mindless beast.

He said he was after "super peace" and the late doc was after medical research.. Well nothing like turning a whole MAJOR world city (8-10+ mil) into ghouls to both stop the fighting AND spur on research and development into ghouls. (cures, fixing the eating problems, needing human flesh etc) People wondered how this ghoul-CCG peace could ever last..Well how about turning all of Tokyo, including the CCG members, into ghouls.

I mean this all started with Furuta helping free Rise in the first place. Whether or not he truly liked or cared about Rise doesn't matter. (Though I think he does) He knew what would happen to Rise in this plan, but he also new about the "new life" and reviving thing. There by fixing/healing her in the end anyway. Plus I don't think that talk between her and kan about her past, what she was meant to be, what she went through and why she did what she did at the start of the series, was all for no reason. It could very well serve as the narrative bases for her "second chance".. (I mean she did seem to talk about her past deeds in an analytical sort of way, not just recounting her long known reasoning.) Though, of course it also could have been just to add and extra layer of tragedy if Rise ends up forced to be the "final battle".. Which would be.. sad and kind of edgelord here I think.

James_xenoFeb 19, 2018 1:57 PM
Feb 19, 2018 1:57 PM

Feb 2012
Awesome chapter, pure awesome.

Really sad for the first half seeing the Kaneki situation, but so hyped at the end for seeing Furuta back.
Feb 19, 2018 2:16 PM

May 2013
Furuta still skulking around, also the ghouls turning into human right?

Feb 19, 2018 3:05 PM

Oct 2015
KalfKaneda said:
Furuta still skulking around, also the ghouls turning into human right?

its the other way around humans turning into ghouls
Feb 19, 2018 3:27 PM

Jun 2016
Hello darkness my old friend.....I've come to speak to you again

but man furata wasn't kidding with his obsession with Rize cause shes back baby the gluttonous Rize is back
Feb 19, 2018 3:34 PM

Apr 2013
Furuta will fuck everyone up again, nice
DelusionalUzumeFeb 19, 2018 3:39 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 19, 2018 3:45 PM

Jun 2010
Akai_Yami said:

Oh man how that open spoiler button text works with the theme/image.. lol

Knowing something they don't or having a plan for this would really be great now..
Feb 19, 2018 7:43 PM

Apr 2015
  • I'm speechless, fantastic chapter. ~
  • So Furuta is alive, I can't wait to see what will he do. Probably something crazy yet again.
  • Kaneki was just a vessel for the "Dragon".
  • 5/5
Feb 19, 2018 10:08 PM

Sep 2017
SethBigBoss said:

The guy on the computer?
Feb 19, 2018 10:23 PM

Jun 2010
Salamak said:
SethBigBoss said:

The guy on the computer?

No, the other guy from 145.. One of the two people laying in a bed. The guy and a child.
Feb 19, 2018 10:28 PM

Sep 2017
James_xeno said:
Salamak said:

The guy on the computer?

No, the other guy from 145.. One of the two people laying in a bed. The guy and a child.
James_xeno said:
Salamak said:

The guy on the computer?

Ah i see. Thanks.
I just cought up with rhe manga, when will the next chapter come?
Feb 19, 2018 10:44 PM

Jun 2010
Salamak said:
James_xeno said:

James_xeno said:

Ah i see. Thanks.

NP.. happy to help.
On the 26th. (next monday) It comes out every monday usually.
Feb 19, 2018 10:51 PM

Sep 2017
James_xeno said:
Salamak said:

Ah i see. Thanks.

NP.. happy to help.
On the 26th. (next monday) It comes out every monday usually.

Not a bad way to start the week. Thanks again
Feb 20, 2018 12:14 AM
Oct 2015
As people mentioned above the 'final showdown' is about to commence, aside from that point Kaneki seems fine? I think.
Heckle was here...
Feb 20, 2018 4:31 AM

Apr 2013
James_xeno said:
Akai_Yami said:

Oh man how that open spoiler button text works with the theme/image.. lol

Yeah it's great đź‘Ś
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 20, 2018 5:11 AM

Jul 2016
The man is master of foreshadowing, dang you Ishida, so the creating of new life was true, because of the Rize's kakuhou from the oggais, there's also from furuta and finally with kaneki, the pieces are combined inside the cocoon/giantkagune and Rize was born from it, though it seems like this "rize" isn't fully complete yet. Furuta looks like planning to make Rize according to what he desire. V was just on stand by waiting for the birth of rize.

Wait so if that's the case, someone might be born from the underground giant kagune
Feb 20, 2018 6:10 AM

Dec 2015
Huh, Rize is back I guess.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 20, 2018 6:26 AM
Nov 2017
Aezeryel said:
So, how the hell Furuta survived Kaneki's attack at the beginning of all this, cause it definitely looked like he was hit directly. If he was there was zero chance that he would survive, and it doesn't make sense he wasn't cause he was directly in the way. So what the hell Ishida?
It’s because that was almost certainly a clone of Furuta. Donato could create a clone of himself with his kagune by manipulating rc cells, so it’s probably the same deal
Feb 20, 2018 6:39 AM

Mar 2008
Great chapter, very interesting. I wonder how much longer this manga will continue.. looking forward to all of it!
Feb 20, 2018 7:11 AM

Mar 2017
Professor_Alex said:
Aezeryel said:
It’s because that was almost certainly a clone of Furuta. Donato could create a clone of himself with his kagune by manipulating rc cells, so it’s probably the same deal

In 146 we see him wounded and underground. So i'm gonna assume he just healed up.

come, you sweet hour of death
Feb 20, 2018 10:49 AM
Nov 2017
Abhorrent said:
Professor_Alex said:

In 146 we see him wounded and underground. So i'm gonna assume he just healed up.

A clone is highly, highly unlikely, borderline impossible. Donato could create a clone cause he was implied to be a natural OEG. Same as Uta, who can 'shapeshift', and confirmed OEG Eto, who could implant her kagune into other ghouls and possibly produce RC cells basically from nothing. Uta is not a natural OEG.

I forgot about 146, but regardless, the question still remains the same. How did he survive a direct hit?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.