Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 18, 2018 10:48 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
http://moetron.news/post/171017045015/jun-mayuzukis-koi-wa-ameagari-no-you-ni-after

sooo... we will get a complete adaptation for the anime ?
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 18, 2018 3:01 PM

May 2015
The anime should cover the whole manga, even if things need to be skipped in order to do that. But I doubt many would care if they do, the same way I doubt many are actually reading the manga now or will after the anime ends.

Anyhow, I’m glad the manga is coming to an end already. There is no need to drag the story more than it should. The manga is already +70 chapters, which is more than enough for something like this. I’ve read up to chapter 70 and I was feeling like things needed to just end.

P.S. English translations are way behind (they are still stuck on the first part of Volume 7, which covers chapters 49-56). I got tired of waiting so I started reading in Japanese.

Latest Volume released was 9 (covers chapters 65-73), then that means Volume 10 will the the last one. If we go by the amount of chapters Volume 9 had then the series will end around chapter 81 (or close to it).

Now, the anime covering the whole manga shouldn’t come as shocking. Rumors regarding this started to come from some Japanese outlets when the live-action movie was announced.

By the way, most of noitaminA series that have received live-action adaptations in the past (be it in the form of a movie or a TV series) have ended up covering the whole manga (such: Kuzu no Honkai, Inuyashiki, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Boku dake ga Inai Machi,) with some exceptions (such: Gin no Saji, Usagi Drop).

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Feb 19, 2018 3:41 AM

Apr 2017
So far so anticlimatic.. Won't expect to see so much my least fav. manga would ended up a complete blunt without a glimpse.. Sparks added

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Feb 19, 2018 7:43 AM

Apr 2016
zero-r said:
The anime should cover the whole manga, even if things need to be skipped in order to do that. But I doubt many would care if they do, the same way I doubt many are actually reading the manga now or will after the anime ends.

Anyhow, I’m glad the manga is coming to an end already. There is no need to drag the story more than it should. The manga is already +70 chapters, which is more than enough for something like this. I’ve read up to chapter 70 and I was feeling like things needed to just end.

P.S. English translations are way behind (they are still stuck on the first part of Volume 7, which covers chapters 49-56). I got tired of waiting so I started reading in Japanese.

Latest Volume released was 9 (covers chapters 65-73), then that means Volume 10 will the the last one. If we go by the amount of chapters Volume 9 had then the series will end around chapter 81 (or close to it).

Now, the anime covering the whole manga shouldn’t come as shocking. Rumors regarding this started to come from some Japanese outlets when the live-action movie was announced.

By the way, most of noitaminA series that have received live-action adaptations in the past (be it in the form of a movie or a TV series) have ended up covering the whole manga (such: Kuzu no Honkai, Inuyashiki, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Boku dake ga Inai Machi,) with some exceptions (such: Gin no Saji, Usagi Drop).

I read that this will end on chapter 82: https://mantan-web.jp/article/20180218dog00m200016000c.html
So you were accurate.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Feb 19, 2018 3:41 PM

Mar 2014
zero-r said:
Does it look like Tachibana and Kondou are going to end up together?

I don't mind spoilers
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 22, 2018 11:00 AM

Jul 2014
Comic_Sans said:
zero-r said:
Does it look like Tachibana and Kondou are going to end up together?

I don't mind spoilers

From the looks of the current chapter (CH 80) things arent going so well for them, its akin closer to they wont be ending up together.
Feb 22, 2018 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
RnDNEET021 said:
So far so anticlimatic.. Won't expect to see so much my least fav. manga would ended up a complete blunt without a glimpse.. Sparks added

That's not anticlimactic, since it perfectly fits what the manga was trying to do using the theme of escapism, and it has built towards it a good manner. I can already see how the ending will roll out and I am fine with it since romance was a catalyst for this type of manga.
Feb 23, 2018 6:53 AM

Dec 2015
zero-r said:

With the most recent episode that had just aired (episode 7), we have made it to exactly chapter 26 of the manga. Consider the episode count on MAL is correct, that means the anime has 5 episodes to cover about 56 chapters (each episode covering about 11.5 chapters). Now I am no manga expert, but that is going at a pretty brisk pace. If the anime DOES decide to go for the full adaptation route, how much of the manga do you think they are going to cut out? I'm up to speed with the manga at chapter 50 right now, and since I cannot read Japanese, I am unable to understand any of the raws, but it does seem quite unlikely that the anime is going to adapt the manga faithfully from here on out.

My speculation is that the anime will MOST LIKELY have an anime-original ending, which makes me cringe at the possibility of the resolution falling completely flat. How much of the manga's story do you think they are going to cut out until it just feels like the show is obviously rushing and jumping past important character development parts? I do agree that parts of the manga (at least till chapter 50) felt a bit like filler, but there still pretty important parts here and there sprinkled in between that gives us more insight on the characters.

I assume that you have already read to chapter 80 of the manga, so can you reassure me that the anime is going to do this manga justice? It's one of all time favorite romance stories, and I really hope the anime adaptation delivers (which so far, I definitely has). The worst possible thing I can imagine is that the anime just ends on episode 12 without any satisfying resolution or an announcement for a second season just to force you to go and read/buy the manga for the "full story."

Anyways, I'm just curious on how you feel about the manga is going at its current rate and whether the anime is capable to cutting out enough parts from the manga to fit it in 5 episodes and conclude satisfyingly. I am just very concerned that things will just go downhill from here event though the past 7 episodes of the anime has been so great and well-directed, and I don't want to see a story with such potential go to waste.

No spoilers past chapter 50 of the manga please.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Feb 23, 2018 10:55 AM

Apr 2016
Hibikase said:
With the most recent episode that had just aired (episode 7), we have made it to exactly chapter 26 of the manga. Consider the episode count on MAL is correct, that means the anime has 5 episodes to cover about 56 chapters (each episode covering about 11.5 chapters). Now I am no manga expert, but that is going at a pretty brisk pace. If the anime DOES decide to go for the full adaptation route, how much of the manga do you think they are going to cut out? I'm up to speed with the manga at chapter 50 right now, and since I cannot read Japanese, I am unable to understand any of the raws, but it does seem quite unlikely that the anime is going to adapt the manga faithfully from here on out.

My speculation is that the anime will MOST LIKELY have an anime-original ending, which makes me cringe at the possibility of the resolution falling completely flat. How much of the manga's story do you think they are going to cut out until it just feels like the show is obviously rushing and jumping past important character development parts? I do agree that parts of the manga (at least till chapter 50) felt a bit like filler, but there still pretty important parts here and there sprinkled in between that gives us more insight on the characters.

I assume that you have already read to chapter 80 of the manga, so can you reassure me that the anime is going to do this manga justice? It's one of all time favorite romance stories, and I really hope the anime adaptation delivers (which so far, I definitely has). The worst possible thing I can imagine is that the anime just ends on episode 12 without any satisfying resolution or an announcement for a second season just to force you to go and read/buy the manga for the "full story."

Anyways, I'm just curious on how you feel about the manga is going at its current rate and whether the anime is capable to cutting out enough parts from the manga to fit it in 5 episodes and conclude satisfyingly. I am just very concerned that things will just go downhill from here event though the past 7 episodes of the anime has been so great and well-directed, and I don't want to see a story with such potential go to waste.

I had a strange urge to answer to your question as soon as possible, and decided to re-read all chapters from 50 to 80.

If they decide to go the full adaptation route, they could cut out the chapters involving Kase, I think there is about 1 or 2 of those which aren't that important to the story. You could also get rid of the chapters which didn't add much to the story, for example chapters which just show a normal working day where Kondou and Akira interact. But those aren't that common. If they really want to, they could get rid of chapters which involve other side characters. They aren't common either. Even if they get rid of all that, there's still quite some content to adapt.

I think it will depend on how the manga will end. Although it is predictable at this point, who knows there might be a twist.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Feb 23, 2018 11:41 AM

Dec 2015
Major_Gilbert said:
Hibikase said:

I had a strange urge to answer to your question as soon as possible, and decided to re-read all chapters from 50 to 80.

If they decide to go the full adaptation route, they could cut out the chapters involving Kase, I think there is about 1 or 2 of those which aren't that important to the story. You could also get rid of the chapters which didn't add much to the story, for example chapters which just show a normal working day where Kondou and Akira interact. But those aren't that common. If they really want to, they could get rid of chapters which involve other side characters. They aren't common either. Even if they get rid of all that, there's still quite some content to adapt.

I think it will depend on how the manga will end. Although it is predictable at this point, who knows there might be a twist.

I think it is pretty obvious that they are either gonna adapt the manga faithfully including the parts for Kase and Nishida, and end the anime on a pretty ambiguous final note (at around maybe chapter 40-50 mark). The other way would be to go batshit crazy in the creativity department and pretty much rewrite the entire story of the manga from chapter 26 onwards to fit in 5 episodes to leave on the resolution that the manga will be left on (or maybe even an alternate ending? o_o). I am actually extremely intrigued IF they decide to go the anime-original route as thus far we have no reason to suspect Watanabe Ayumu's directing skills and how he overall is handling this show (near perfection imo). I place my trust in him that he will do this work justice, even if he decides to rewrite and redo a bunch of the manga's major plot points.

Or maybe we will get a season two. (highly unlikely, but if this does happen, I will cry)

Anyways, I suppose we just wait and wish for the best. I'm very nervous, and I doubt I'll ever stop thinking and worrying over this adaptation until all 12 episodes finish airing. I'll be satisfied as long as the ending does not feel extremely rushed or is left on a dumb cliffhanger or silly filler episode (looking at you Masaume-kun's Revenge).
Feb 25, 2018 8:51 PM

May 2016
I'm thinking the folks in charge didn't want to commit to a double cour, so they cut it about half way, chapter-wise, in case the show bombed. I'm expecting a second season within the next year, JMO.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Feb 26, 2018 8:38 PM

Dec 2015
tywhoppity said:
I'm thinking the folks in charge didn't want to commit to a double cour, so they cut it about half way, chapter-wise, in case the show bombed. I'm expecting a second season within the next year, JMO.
I really hope so. The manga is apparently doing pretty well in Japan currently and won a lot of awards. I just really hope this doesn't turn out to be a rushed adaptation. We will just have to see with the next episode. If they decide to cover the Kase arc from the manga (which should happen either next episode, or the episode after), then this is will definitely be a partial adaptation of the manga. If they don't decide to cover Kase, and also skip on Nishida's developing romantic feelings for Yoshizawa, then it can be safe to assume that the anime is going to be full adaptation, and end approximately when the final chapter of the manga gets released.

Oh gosh, I really hope this gets a second season though and the adapt the entire manga. I want to remain optimistic because Wit Studio is pretty well known for making second seasons of shows (Attack on Titan, Owari no Seraph, Ancient Magus Bride to name a few), but at the same time the manga is going to finished at the same time the anime is going to be finished, so they can totally pull a:" go buy and read the manga for the TRUE ending" for maximum business profits.

Feb 28, 2018 11:57 PM
Apr 2012
it doesn't look so well for the anime.
http://www.someanithing.com/8899
Mar 26, 2018 12:57 PM

Dec 2014
zero-r said:

Where did you read the manga in japanese? i'd like to read it as well, i can't stand the fact that the English translation is so far behind, i want to know how it ends even if i can't understand !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2018 3:16 PM
Jul 2017
RightGate said:

Where did you read the manga in japanese? i'd like to read it as well, i can't stand the fact that the English translation is so far behind, i want to know how it ends even if i can't understand !

Just search for the "raw" manga or every chapter after the last translated one. Should be pretty easy to find it.
I'm curious about the missing things from the anime and the ending aswell and decided to read the manga, but I think just "looking at the pictures" after the last translated chapter wouldn't be that satisfying. :/

More topics from this board

» How many chapters did the anime adapt?

TsutanaiFuun - May 22, 2023

6 by OG_Otaku »»
Jun 4, 2023 10:01 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Chapter 82 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

15 by potplant »»
Jan 23, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » The End Chapter 82 (Spoilers)

AsT5 - Mar 31, 2018

22 by jay4ubaby »»
Dec 16, 2022 5:15 PM

» I need help with this...

Rxfvlll - Apr 16, 2022

15 by RaymanM »»
Nov 1, 2022 5:54 AM

» Takashi Yoshizawa (+ spoilers)

removed-user - Sep 29, 2020

4 by KeyToTheBasement »»
Aug 5, 2021 6:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.