Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Adaptation of 'Plunderer' Manga Announced

New
Feb 17, 2018 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
The editorial department of Monthly Shounen Ace magazine has announced on Sunday that an anime adaptation for Suu Minazuki's Plunderer manga has been green-lit. Details regarding the anime adaptation will be announced at a later date.

Synopsis
In a post-apocalyptic world dominated by the so-called "Numbers," each human will have their identity branded with their own "Count," which could define any number related to their life. May it be one's walked distance or amount of compliments given to them by others, this Count could lead them to the abyss when it has dropped to zero.

In the year 305 of the Alcian calendar, Hina has inherited a mission from her Mother, whose Count has depreciated to zero, to search for the Legendary Red Baron. In her adventure, she meets a half-masked swordsman named Licht who tries to hide his identity, as he is known as a degenerate for having an incredibly low Count.

The action fantasy manga has been serialized in Monthly Shounen Ace magazine since December 2014, and currently has eight compiled volumes in print. Kadokawa plans to publish the ninth volume on February 26 along with the April issue of the magazine, which would feature the series on the cover. An oversized poster drawn by Minazuki will also be bundled with the issue to commemorate the announcement.

Source: PR Times

Plunderer on MAL
removed-userFeb 18, 2018 2:47 AM
Feb 17, 2018 8:36 PM

Apr 2012
Shounen with the premise of the inverse harem? Most cast are cute young boys and guys? Did I understand everything correctly?
Feb 17, 2018 8:55 PM
Jan 2018
WHAT REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOOOOOO
i love the author of sora no otoshimono! and now he's back with another anime
Feb 17, 2018 8:57 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
In a post-apocalyptic world dominated by the so-called "Numbers," each human will have their identity branded with their own "Count," which could define any number related to their life. May it be one's walked distance or amount of compliments given to them by others, this Count could lead them to the abyss when it has dropped to zero.

So wouldn't the people whose Numbers are "walked distance" or "amount of compliments given to them by others" always be increasing, even if only slowly? Doesn't sound like they'd have to worry much.
Feb 17, 2018 9:03 PM

Jun 2014
RobertBobert said:
Shounen with the premise of the inverse harem? Most cast are cute young boys and guys? Did I understand everything correctly?

Maybe something like Katekyo?
I haven't read plunderer, so I dunno
(x෴x)
Feb 17, 2018 9:08 PM

Apr 2012
ezutes said:
RobertBobert said:

Maybe something like Katekyo?
I haven't read plunderer, so I dunno

Well, I watched its as a teenager, so instead of "a bunch of hot guys" I saw "cool guy I'd like to be like", lol. But now it's got a new context ...
Feb 17, 2018 9:15 PM

Nov 2011
I've read the manga before and the author's ideas from some of his other works were definitely in it, particular the humor.
Feb 17, 2018 10:41 PM
The Cutest♡

May 2011
nx6 said:

So wouldn't the people whose Numbers are "walked distance" or "amount of compliments given to them by others" always be increasing, even if only slowly? Doesn't sound like they'd have to worry much.

i think it's more like if someone's is, for example, "walked distance" - every time they take a step, their Number goes down. So they only have a finite amount of whatever their Number is. i'm not sure though, i haven't read the manga. ^-^;
Feb 18, 2018 12:39 AM

Sep 2016
great, the scanlation is stuck
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 18, 2018 12:52 AM

Apr 2016
The synopsis sound like a problem.
Feb 18, 2018 1:06 AM

Jan 2015
Pretty cool manga. Will watch the anime
Rance X is A GOAT.
Feb 18, 2018 2:38 AM

Mar 2015
it's shounen ace, but manga translation is kind f painfully slow soo...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 18, 2018 3:29 AM
Jul 2018
For me Sora no Otoshimono is muuuuuch better, the female characters of this are crap compared to Otoshimono. I would have prefered a Gou-Dere adaptation.

Feb 18, 2018 5:00 AM

Mar 2016
Hell yeah, I didn't expect this bloody comedy to get animated, it's a flop manga but it's fucking cool.
IF they can make this(the picture in the spoiler tag) scene right, then I've no problem about it

Feb 18, 2018 10:17 AM

May 2012
Genres: Action, Fantasy, Shounen + Cute/sexy girl

Thats all I need to know that this anime is good and worth watching.
Feb 18, 2018 2:53 PM

Mar 2016
So many adaptations being announced and this one is another manga that I've read , scanlation team is really slow updating this series so I forget the story from time to time, but with the anime I can get it in one go :)
Feb 18, 2018 3:30 PM

Nov 2007
More trashy manga getting adaptations. Good for the fans I guess.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2018 5:08 PM

Nov 2013
nx6 said:

"Walked distance" is a particular case of the main girl. And it’s not the distance she walks by herself, but rather the distance she walks with her mother. Seeing how the story starts with her mom dying, her count won’t go down, but also won’t go up anymore. As for "amount of compliments given to them by others", I suppose it refers to a character that owns a bar. Her count raises when her food gets compliments, but by that logic if they say it’s bad it goes down. That's the normal for this world: the opposite action of what makes your count go up will make it go gown.

Also, I don’t want to give too much info before the anime arrives, but this is all in the first chapter of the manga, so I guess it’s OK. It’s possible for two people to wager their count on a fight. Who wins gets everything.
Feb 18, 2018 10:04 PM
Apr 2017
Damyn u all just an new anime i getting really hype for this

Troll
Feb 19, 2018 4:31 AM

Mar 2014
Hell f*cking YES!!!
Feb 19, 2018 5:27 AM

Jul 2016
The anime adaptation is finally happened! Hope the anime staff team don't butchered the anime by adding an unnecessary fillers or make a plot changes.
Feb 19, 2018 7:42 PM
Jul 2015
I follow the manga. Both the MC and the glasses guy are both cool, and the girls are OK too.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.